HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - Pit (Malkin)

Old
06-10-2013, 10:08 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Thanks for coming out...

Go look at the returns of other stars that have been traded...take a look and enlighten us on your findings...

Bottom line is, guys like Malkin don't get traded, and when they do, everyone thinks the return is never good enough...
well, he and the Pens are starting contract negotiations very soon, so he won't be traded. so, these horrible proposals may actually end soon after they agree to something.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
yTo Montreal

Malkin

To Pittsburg

Plekanec
Pacioretty
Markov
Tinordi
2013 1st (Mtl) or 2014 1st (Mtl) if 2013 pick no good.

Feedback edit 1 - Capspace

To Mtl
Malkin

To Pit
Pleckanec
Pacioretty
Gallagher
Diaz
2013 1st
2014 2nd
Start with Subban and Galchenyuk and maybe this has legs.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:10 AM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
if eller were to be apart of the deal i would offer eller/gally/1+ piece(markov most likely)/1st rounder at the very most, instead of gally, patches, plecs, 1st rounder. thats how highly i view ellers importance to the team
and tbh gally/pleks/patches/1st rounder is a much better package for pits. pits already has a stanley cup contending roster, pleks would help them out much more than eller would in the next 3-4 years and patches is a proven 60 point winger

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:18 AM
penguins2946*

Pens would need Subban and Galchenyuk as a start, non-negotiable. They would probably want Pacioretty as well, but would settle for Gallagher. They would also want a top prospect and a 1st. So, basically we have:

Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher/Pacioretty, Beaulieu and a 1st

That's what it would take to convince Shero to move Malkin. This isn't what fair value is, this is what it would take to get Malkin.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Lebowski

Made that proposal the other day... Habs fans mostly called me names, but I think they greatly undervalue the importance of a guy like Malkin, or rather overrate their own players.

Malkin
Fleury

vs

Plekanec
Pacioretty
Price
Tinordi OR Beaulieu OR 2013 first

I think that makes the Pens a much more balanced team, while drastically improving their position of weakness. Pacioretty is on a great contract as well, as I consider him a better player than Neal while being paid less. Plekanec would give them that stabilizing defensive presence on the second line while being able to chip in offensively at times and give them around 50-60 points a year. Tinordi is a great SAH defenseman that would be ready to assume a full time role as soon as next year. Beaulieu has more upside, but is less of a need for the Pens considering his PMD role. Or, they can take our 2013 first and pick whichever guy they feel would fit them best at that position.

Malkin gives the Habs the true #1 center they've been looking for over the last two decades. I'm not worried about the "he won't have anybody to play with" that my fellow Habs fans brought up since he can be a 100 points player with whoever he plays. It also takes off pressure from Galchenyuk shoulders to become "the" guy in the next few years. It also, oddly enough, gives us the chance to build a team based on the model that made the Pens successful during their 08 and 09 cup runs, possibly having three impact centers at a time (in a few years, with Malkin, Galchenyuk and Eller). Fleury would be coming back since his value is as close as it can be to 0 and the Pens wouldn't be able to afford the trade without sending him back. We would take him in hope to salvage his career after coming back to his hometown.

The only real downside for the Habs in this trade is the downgrade between the post considering we lack depth at that position in our prospect pool. Otherwise, we are a significantly better team.

As for Pittsburgh, they are a much more well rounded team that can finally play both a shutdown time game AND a high paced offensive game if need be. Plekanec brings them versatility, Pacioretty may be the winger Crosby has always dreamed to play with, Price can steal them games and Tinordi should develop into a big, minute-eater shutdown defenseman within the next few years.

When we look at what Thornton got a few years ago, I think this is a great offer for the Pens. They shouldn't bother asking for either Galchenyuk or Subban, because there's no way I'd trade them away at this point in time.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:39 AM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

problem is malkin isn't worth trading the farm for, as he's 1yr from UFA and everyone knows Pitt has a cap crunch....... but it also isnt worth it to Pit to trade him for a second-rate package. Galchenyuk or Subban would be too much to move from MTL's end, but anything less wouldn't make sense for Pitt's plans.

MAYBE at the deadline, if Pitt is struggling they move him, thats when his value is the highest. Personally though i think they can make cap room for him elsewhere

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:50 AM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Made that proposal the other day... Habs fans mostly called me names, but I think they greatly undervalue the importance of a guy like Malkin, or rather overrate their own players.

Malkin
Fleury

vs

Plekanec
Pacioretty
Price
Tinordi OR Beaulieu OR 2013 first

I think that makes the Pens a much more balanced team, while drastically improving their position of weakness. Pacioretty is on a great contract as well, as I consider him a better player than Neal while being paid less. Plekanec would give them that stabilizing defensive presence on the second line while being able to chip in offensively at times and give them around 50-60 points a year. Tinordi is a great SAH defenseman that would be ready to assume a full time role as soon as next year. Beaulieu has more upside, but is less of a need for the Pens considering his PMD role. Or, they can take our 2013 first and pick whichever guy they feel would fit them best at that position.

Malkin gives the Habs the true #1 center they've been looking for over the last two decades. I'm not worried about the "he won't have anybody to play with" that my fellow Habs fans brought up since he can be a 100 points player with whoever he plays. It also takes off pressure from Galchenyuk shoulders to become "the" guy in the next few years. It also, oddly enough, gives us the chance to build a team based on the model that made the Pens successful during their 08 and 09 cup runs, possibly having three impact centers at a time (in a few years, with Malkin, Galchenyuk and Eller). Fleury would be coming back since his value is as close as it can be to 0 and the Pens wouldn't be able to afford the trade without sending him back. We would take him in hope to salvage his career after coming back to his hometown.

The only real downside for the Habs in this trade is the downgrade between the post considering we lack depth at that position in our prospect pool. Otherwise, we are a significantly better team.

As for Pittsburgh, they are a much more well rounded team that can finally play both a shutdown time game AND a high paced offensive game if need be. Plekanec brings them versatility, Pacioretty may be the winger Crosby has always dreamed to play with, Price can steal them games and Tinordi should develop into a big, minute-eater shutdown defenseman within the next few years.

When we look at what Thornton got a few years ago, I think this is a great offer for the Pens. They shouldn't bother asking for either Galchenyuk or Subban, because there's no way I'd trade them away at this point in time.
i would do that trade too, adding fleury to the deal is a nice initiative because it allows us to keep eller/gally/galchenyuk/subban and maf only has like 2+ years left on his contract. best case scenario he steps his play up and we resign him. btw theres a huge difference between tinordi/beaulieu and a 2013 1st rounder, i wouldnt do tinordi/beaulieu

the more i think about it the more i love the deal. it makes excellent sense for both partys, any thoughts?
adding fleury was a nice touch because he pretty much has negative value for the pens

Last edited by TT1: 06-10-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old
06-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
To Montreal:
Malkin

To Pittsburgh:
Subban
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
1st round pick in 2013
2nd round pick in 2014

But that's a trade I never would do.
Are you out of your ****ing mind? This is probably one of the worst proposals in the history of HF. Galchenyuk or Subban ALONE aren't that far off in terms of trade value to a Malkin. Not equal, but close. Penguins would not only take that package, they would laugh all the way straight to the bank with it.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:52 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
Pens would need Subban and Galchenyuk as a start, non-negotiable. They would probably want Pacioretty as well, but would settle for Gallagher. They would also want a top prospect and a 1st. So, basically we have:

Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher/Pacioretty, Beaulieu and a 1st

That's what it would take to convince Shero to move Malkin. This isn't what fair value is, this is what it would take to get Malkin.

4 1st rounders and a 23 year old Norris candidate.....even for Malkin thats insanity...

the truth is, no team in the league has the assets to make a deal this big and still have a decent team afterwards......

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:13 AM
First round bust

Can't see them dealing malkin tsn even said ownership has told Shero to keep him at all costs.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handlanger View Post
Pittsburgh hangs up and say's never call me again you ridiculous clown.
So, the equivalent of 3 1st round picks, a defenceman who is so old and horrible he was 4th in the NHL in scoring amongst defencemen, and an elite 2nd line center is horrible and ludicrous and ridiculous, for one *********g year of Malkin?

People need to sit back, breath, and relax a bit. No team on the planet would make that kind of offer for a single season. So, please, everyone start to breathe and let reality settle back into your minds.

Malkin is only signed for one more year. Whether or not he is one of the greatest in the game, he is only signed for ONE more season. He would not garner that kind of return. If Pittsburgh hung up the phone on that call, the GM should be fired. If it is the owner hanging up, his family should get him committed immediately.

I won't even comment on the sheer stupidity of people posting stuff like Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Subban and a 1st or any other absolutely asinine offer close to that for a single year of Malkin.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:38 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
All these Malkin proposals are ridiculous.

Malkin for your whole team, pending the removal of the salary cap in 2013-14.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:41 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Are you out of your ****ing mind? This is probably one of the worst proposals in the history of HF. Galchenyuk or Subban ALONE aren't that far off in terms of trade value to a Malkin. Not equal, but close. Penguins would not only take that package, they would laugh all the way straight to the bank with it.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:53 PM
bud12

you don't/can't trade all your good players(5-6) for only one player. You will destroy your team like that. Even if its for one of the best player in the nhl. What's the point trading for Malkin if you will made him play with Blunden lol

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:54 PM
mashedpotato

You've all lost your minds.

/thread

mashedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:06 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
you don't/can't trade all your good players(5-6) for only one player. You will destroy your team like that. Even if its for one of the best player in the nhl. What's the point trading for Malkin if you will made him play with Blunden lol
you know, when i and others say that these proposals are ridiculous, i don't always mean it just for the Pens.

Malkin IS NOT AVAILABLE. also, BECAUSE he is not available, the cost will have to be WAY more than his actual value because that will be the only way any GM would realistically trade a player that they want to keep like that. that cost, regarding Malkin, is more than any team can afford to pay while still being competitive.

Old
06-10-2013, 01:27 PM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
From what we know of Bergevin, he believes in an overall team concept and that no individual player is more important than the team. Combine that with the belief that championships are built through the draft, and I don't see how he does anything more than a cursory "what would it take" phone call to Shero but nothing close to any sort of negotiation. I just don't see him dealing so much youth for one player.

Beyond that, as a Habs fan, I hope to dear god Bergevin isn't dumb enough to do the opposite of what I said above. I don't want the Habs to touch Malkin with a 10 foot pole given his current contract status and more importantly, given my perceived uncertainty of what will happen with high value Russian players after the Olympics.

LPHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:42 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHabsFan View Post
From what we know of Bergevin, he believes in an overall team concept and that no individual player is more important than the team. Combine that with the belief that championships are built through the draft, and I don't see how he does anything more than a cursory "what would it take" phone call to Shero but nothing close to any sort of negotiation. I just don't see him dealing so much youth for one player.

Beyond that, as a Habs fan, I hope to dear god Bergevin isn't dumb enough to do the opposite of what I said above. I don't want the Habs to touch Malkin with a 10 foot pole given his current contract status and more importantly, given my perceived uncertainty of what will happen with high value Russian players after the Olympics.
you really don't have to worry about that happening because...

Malkin. Is. Not. Available.

Old
06-10-2013, 01:54 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
i assume you mean galchenyuk by your first gally(because no one is saying gally aka gallagher is an untouchable), if so your ****ing insane. if u meant gally + eller + markov then yea id do that, i would only offer 1 first rounder tho
Galchenyuk + Eller + Markov is still not enough to get you Malkin IMO.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:01 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Galchenyuk + Eller + Markov is still not enough to get you Malkin IMO.
ok i thought you meant Galchenyuk + Gallegher + Eller + Markov + picks, which i thought was insane. but yea i wouldnt do galch + eller either, tbh this is a pretty pointless discussion rofl

Old
06-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Adam Spylo

Quote:
Please learn to read and understand. I never wrote that I would do that trade but that's about the value you'd have to offer for the Penguins to trade Malkin.

Adam Spylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:57 PM
KIRK

Quote:
subban + eller + galchenyuk = untouchables
If Montreal, given their roster, has untouchables for a trade with Malkin, then there won't be a trade for Malkin with Montreal, even if Shero were forced to trade Malkin somewhere. Only a few teams in the NHL could list an untouchable or so for a Malkin deal. Montreal isn't one of them.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:47 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Quote:
Actually, they are. Furthermore, what about those two would make the Pens eager to do such a trade?

TheRollingPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Actually, they are. Furthermore, what about those two would make the Pens eager to do such a trade?
Youth, cap space, overall potential. Need more?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 04:10 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Quote:
Youth, cap space, overall potential. Need more?
Established players who can contribute. Subban is the only sure thing going the Pens' way in that deal.

EDIT: Never mind. You said "or", not "and". Not much discussion to be had here.

TheRollingPuck is online now   Reply With Quote