HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking back at 2012 Prospect Rankings

Old
06-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Well, we rated -every- prospect in the system.. He was going to be on the list no matter what but the fact he was any where but near the bottom of the trash heap is.. baffling.
I guess so. I really just don't like him. Again, like the Delmas opinion, my opinion on Schultz is completely biased.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:49 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
I guess so. I really just don't like him. Again, like the Delmas opinion, my opinion on Schultz is completely biased.
Yeah, I'm gonna disagree with you on Delmas. The guy is not a very good goaltender and he doesn't have any NHL upside.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Koivu 11

Quote:
Yeah, I'm gonna disagree with you on Delmas. The guy is not a very good goaltender and he doesn't have any NHL upside.
agreed , there is a reason the Avs let him go and I've seen him play live a few times too (habs camps, Q) and he just isn't an NHL quality goalie, maybe not even AHL...seriously...

Koivu 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:36 PM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

I like how there is potential to expand our top 15 in a couple weeks. Time to start pumping out players who are developed to the organizations need.

JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
But.. he's a really nice guy... that counts for something... right?

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:29 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Magnus Nygren was such underrated (behind Archambault and Schultz lol!), I was putting him #13 on my list and everyone was telling me I was overrating him. Leblanc and Thrower cannot be call miss evaluation, no one could have predicted this underperforming season

Last edited by HabsProspectsExpert: 06-10-2013 at 01:21 PM.
HabsProspectsExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Wat. At the end of last season he went on a tear in the AHL and even got called up to the Habs. He came into camp super fat and ruined his career, but there were strong thoughts he'd get a game or two this year before that.
At the end of the day, you're still looking at a D-level prospect at best. Let's not pretend Schultz would be considered anything even remotely special if he wasn't in a prospect pool where size and fighting ability are a premium.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
At the end of the day, you're still looking at a D-level prospect at best. Let's not pretend Schultz would be considered anything even remotely special if he wasn't in a prospect pool where size and fighting ability are a premium.
I don't think the thought is Schultz was special, it was that he was a safer bet to play in the NHL than the bottom 10 prospects(based on how management treated him at the end of last season). Dumont is a safe bet to make the NHL, does that mean he's a better prospect than Thrower? Some would say yes.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
I don't think the thought is Schultz was special, it was that he was a safer bet to play in the NHL than the bottom 10 prospects(based on how management treated him at the end of last season). Dumont is a safe bet to make the NHL, does that mean he's a better prospect than Thrower? Some would say yes.
I've been telling everyone that wasn't the case since day 1. Only that Sgt. Pepper fool doubted the "oil sand worker" scouting report of piss poor skating and marginal (being kind) hockey I.Q.

And yes, imo, Dumont is a "better" prospect than Thrower. We're talking about the bottom half, couldn't care less stretch of prospects anyway (where Nygren didn't belong from the get-go - as I believe I may also have been saying since day 1), but Dumont actually has some big league skills; he just isn't blessed with size. Thrower, on the other hand, has very little in the way of big league skills, but is blessed with size.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I've been telling everyone that wasn't the case since day 1. Only that Sgt. Pepper fool doubted the "oil sand worker" scouting report of piss poor skating and marginal (being kind) hockey I.Q.

And yes, imo, Dumont is a "better" prospect than Thrower. We're talking about the bottom half, couldn't care less stretch of prospects anyway (where Nygren didn't belong from the get-go - as I believe I may also have been saying since day 1), but Dumont actually has some big league skills; he just isn't blessed with size. Thrower, on the other hand, has very little in the way of big league skills, but is blessed with size.
wat. Thrower isn't blessed with size.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:29 PM
dcyhabs

I'm not sure Archambault was that bad... Getting released may straighten him out and he has some potential.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
wat. Thrower isn't blessed with size.
Well... he's 6' ~200 lbs at 19, as opposed to 5'9" 172 lbs at 22...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote