HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

La Quinta Team Meetings

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2013, 04:17 PM
  #76
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Totally agree. Let's hope the next coach isn't another stupid decision.
There aren't many realistic options that don't sound stupid here to be honest. AV seems like a frontrunner and so does Ruff. Majority of the board doesn't want. Eakins would have been a partially stupid choice too. No NHL experience, and this team isn't in the waiting phase.

FO needs to make the most logical and effective choice, regarding coaching, drafting, signings, trades.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:17 PM
  #77
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,564
vCash: 500
I don't understand why fans care if anyone talks to the media. What do we ever get out of the media that's not the same old crap answers over and over again? Does the media ever ask any meaningful questions? If they do, are they ever even answered?

The media is more interested in creating controversy than asking good hockey questions, especially in NY.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:19 PM
  #78
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
The media is more interested in creating controversy than asking good hockey questions, especially in NY.
What are you basing this on?

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:21 PM
  #79
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
I don't understand why fans care if anyone talks to the media. What do we ever get out of the media that's not the same old crap answers over and over again? Does the media ever ask any meaningful questions? If they do, are they ever even answered?

The media is more interested in creating controversy than asking good hockey questions, especially in NY.
Nail
|
v
Head

Media here wants to piss people off and get outrageous reactions instead of actually being objective.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:22 PM
  #80
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
What are you basing this on?
Following NY teams where the media just creates nonsense that doesn't exist. Look at the Jets who everything they do blows up into nonsense due to the media. Look at the whole Messier thing where him being interested in coaching gets talked about nonstop for weeks. There are countless examples. All they care about is selling papers with nonsensical speculation.

How often does the NY media actually write a good hockey story with good analysis? Actually replace that with any sport except maybe baseball and I can say the same thing.

Also, good analysis and questions don't sell papers. Even further how many times do controversial questions about why the coach is doing X, Y, or Z get answered? Never. Everyone just sticks to the same non-controversial answers. Every now and then you'll get a player like Avery who doesn't give a crap about what anyone thinks and you see what happens.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:22 PM
  #81
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Media here wants to piss people off and get outrageous reactions instead of actually being objective.
What are you basing this on?

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:24 PM
  #82
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
Following NY teams where the media just creates nonsense that doesn't exist. Look at the Jets who everything they do blows up into nonsense due to the media. Look at the whole Messier thing where him being interested in coaching gets talked about nonstop for weeks. There are countless examples. All they care about is selling papers with nonsensical speculation.

How often does the NY media actually write a good hockey story with good analysis? Actually replace that with any sport except baseball and I can say the same thing.
We're talking hockey here, not baseball or football. What has the NY media done in hockey to create controversy where none exists?

Messier stated he was interested in coaching, that wasn't the NY media making something up.

I don't understand where you're coming from here.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:28 PM
  #83
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
We're talking hockey here, not baseball or football. What has the NY media done in hockey to create controversy where none exists?

Messier stated he was interested in coaching, that wasn't the NY media making something up.

I don't understand where you're coming from here.
And they took it and wrote countless articles about it like the Rangers were seriously considering it (which I have yet to hear from a credible source).

The NY media never writes or asks anyone anything worthwhile. That's the point. All of these interviews are just fluff. No one is going to tell the truth and those that do pay the price.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:31 PM
  #84
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
And they took it and wrote countless articles about it like the Rangers were seriously considering it (which I have yet to hear from a credible source).
Do you really think they are not at least considering Messier? What were the countless articles? I don't remember them.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:35 PM
  #85
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
And they took it and wrote countless articles about it like the Rangers were seriously considering it (which I have yet to hear from a credible source).

The NY media never writes or asks anyone anything worthwhile. That's the point. All of these interviews are just fluff. No one is going to tell the truth and those that do pay the price.
This again. The media won't get anything from the guys because they don't tell. Then they get a whiff of one small thing IE Mess interested in coaching and blows it up 500 fold. No credibility that Sather was considering it. It's the New York City sports media though. What else does anyone really expect?

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:36 PM
  #86
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
This again. The media won't get anything from the guys because they don't tell. Then they get a whiff of one small thing IE Mess interested in coaching and blows it up 500 fold. No credibility that Sather was considering it. It's the New York City sports media though. What else does anyone really expect?
Please give us an example of the media blowing it up 500 fold.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:38 PM
  #87
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Please give us an example of the media blowing it up 500 fold.
There were countless twitter and crap on here about Messier wanting to coach and how he was being seriously considered. Go look and read them again. Until you hear it from the front office, it's not credible.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:39 PM
  #88
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
There were countless twitter and crap on here about Messier wanting to coach and how he was being seriously considered. Go look and read them again. Until you hear it from the front office, it's not credible.
Crap on here? This is what you're basing it on?

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:40 PM
  #89
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Crap on here? This is what you're basing it on?
Leave more out, please. Links were posted, here, on twitter, fanpages and everything. NOTHING on the NYR site suggested that the front office was SERIOUSLY considering him for HC. Unless you have the inside scoop, the please, tell us all.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:46 PM
  #90
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Leave more out, please. Links were posted, here, on twitter, fanpages and everything. NOTHING on the NYR site suggested that the front office was SERIOUSLY considering him for HC. Unless you have the inside scoop, the please, tell us all.
Messier throws his hat in the ring, people will talk about it on twitter. That's how it works.

Is Messier your only example of the media blowing things out of proportion?

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:50 PM
  #91
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Messier throws his hat in the ring, people will talk about it on twitter. That's how it works.

Is Messier your only example of the media blowing things out of proportion?
Right now it's the most prominent. I guarantee you if Tortorella commented on his relief of duty, that would've been eaten up in a nanosecond too. I'm surprised that when the "Hagelin stinks" thing came out that wasn't thrown under the magnfying glass more than it did. Point is, the media does things here to get a story that isn't close to being objective anymore.

Just cause he says he's interested, means nothing unless front office brass seriously considers throwing him into the fire on the job of HC in Manhattan, which not one credible source has cited.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:52 PM
  #92
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Messier throws his hat in the ring, people will talk about it on twitter. That's how it works.

Is Messier your only example of the media blowing things out of proportion?
Came looking to argue?

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:55 PM
  #93
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Right now it's the most prominent. I guarantee you if Tortorella commented on his relief of duty, that would've been eaten up in a nanosecond too. I'm surprised that when the "Hagelin stinks" thing came out that wasn't thrown under the magnfying glass more than it did. Point is, the media does things here to get a story that isn't close to being objective anymore.
That's actually a very good point. Tortorella's comment about Hagelin was not played up by the mean old NY media.

Quote:
Just cause he says he's interested, means nothing unless front office brass seriously considers throwing him into the fire on the job of HC in Manhattan, which not one credible source has cited.
Aren't they just starting their search now? There hasn't been much of anything reported...since Sather does not tell anybody anything, it's all speculation at this point.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:58 PM
  #94
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
That's what I'm saying; it's all BS speculation, none of which has been reported by a credible source. Where did I say the media was scandalous? That's a whole other argument. Please. You proved the argument I was making by saying that basically everything is coming out of woodwork now, no credibility. Cheap 2 bit stories to stir the pot, no objectivity to it.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 05:01 PM
  #95
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Do you really think they are not at least considering Messier? What were the countless articles? I don't remember them.
Knock yourself out

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....1.R-zrs3ND1G8

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 05:02 PM
  #96
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
That's what I'm saying; it's all BS speculation, none of which has been reported by a credible source. Where did I say the media was scandalous? That's a whole other argument. Please. You proved the argument I was making by saying that basically everything is coming out of woodwork now, no credibility. Cheap 2 bit stories to stir the pot, no objectivity to it.
Since Sather says nothing, the only thing you're going to have is speculation. Would you prefer the media write nothing at all?

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 05:04 PM
  #97
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
So you consider anybody writing about the Rangers (or Messier) a bad thing? I just don't get where you're coming from here. Would you prefer a total news blackout on the Rangers? (I know Sather would)

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 05:04 PM
  #98
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
Yes. We don't need the media to release the same thing over and over again like they've been doing about who wants to coach. They even threw Gretzky's name into it.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 05:06 PM
  #99
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Yes. We don't need the media to release the same thing over and over again like they've been doing about who wants to coach. They even threw Gretzky's name into it.
Well if you hate people talking about the Rangers so much...why do you come to this site?

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 05:07 PM
  #100
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Well if you hate people talking about the Rangers so much...why do you come to this site?
Where did I say I hate when people talk about the Rangers?

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.