HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)

Old
06-10-2013, 04:10 PM
WHATaboutLOVE

vCash: 500
I remember in the 2010-11 season, someone at l'Antichambre said (pretty sure it was Bergeron) : '' Lucic là, ya 29 GM qui donneraient Subban plus un premier choix pour l'avoir.''

Translation: There are 29 GMs that would give Subban and a first to acquire Lucic.

Thinking back at it, I can't help but laugh.

WHATaboutLOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 04:10 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Subby Dooby Doooo !!!!

Oh please be true.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Wandering Maroon

New contract 2015 - 7 years $56 million. Don't worry, Gionta & Bouillon will most likely be gone. Markov, if he's here, will be at a reduced rate $2-3 million. Diaz? Gorges?. They'll have the money to pay him.

Wandering Maroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Maroon View Post
New contract 2015 - 7 years $56 million. Don't worry, Gionta & Bouillon will most likely be gone. Markov, if he's here, will be at a reduced rate $2-3 million. Diaz? Gorges?. They'll have the money to pay him.
I expect a massive jump on the salary cap for the 14-15 season. It won't be a problem at all.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 04:17 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATaboutLOVE View Post
I remember in the 2010-11 season, someone at l'Antichambre said (pretty sure it was Bergeron) : '' Lucic là, ya 29 GM qui donneraient Subban plus un premier choix pour l'avoir.''

Translation: There are 29 GMs that would give Subban and a first to acquire Lucic.

Thinking back at it, I can't help but laugh.
That's what anyone gets when they listen to Bergy.

Assuming that this is correct, great job by Subban to earn the Norris at such a young age. Only another 8 of them and we can stop hearing about Bobby Orr.

PsychoticHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Mr. Hab

Congrats on PK!!!

(imo he was a superstar as soon as he joined our Habs).

p.s.: I still laugh at those who can't give credit to Subban (ex: mad/angry/bitter Gorges who played crappy D this season)...and many still say ''PK Subann still has a lot to learn from Markov...'' (Markov this, Markov that... yet Markov never ever came close to winning the Norris and never ever did anything for our Habs during the playoffs.... would love to magically remove Markov and add another PK Subban to our lineup...we'd have the best top 4 in the NHL IF we somehow added another PK Subban, but there's only one PK).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 06-10-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Bergevin has an interesting choice:

1. Wait until he sees his play next season before signing him to an extension with the hopes he repeats giving no fear in regression and possible chance to reduce caphit if he does.

2. Sign him to an extension asap before 13/14 and hope he improves/continues without regression.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Bergevin has an interesting choice:

1. Wait until he sees his play next season before signing him to an extension with the hopes he repeats giving no fear in regression and possible chance to reduce caphit if he does.

2. Sign him to an extension asap before 13/14 and hope he improves/continues without regression.
Doesn't really matter. Subban is the #1 defenseman, he's a Norris winner, he's shown greatness whenever called upon, the team will lock him up to a long one regress or not.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

at the new "Subban vs Karlsson (Healthy)" poll in the Polls board created solely to discredit the current Norris winner. Alot of angry reactionary votes being placed, Karlsson is currently winning 27-7.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claimed Off Waivers View Post
at the new "Subban vs Karlsson (Healthy)" poll in the Polls board created solely to discredit the current Norris winner. Alot of angry reactionary votes being placed, Karlsson is currently winning 27-7.
I don't give a ****.

I'll give Karlsson that he's, by far the best dman ( at least) at getting his shot through to the net. That man can really create offense.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Interlagos Blue
You Had ONE JOB

All I can think when I heard this was:

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLO

Interlagos Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Is that the same guy that served as pylon for the Fake-Swerve-Score drills these playoffs?

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Subban wins the Norris?

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
icerocket

Remember when people were arguing that a bridge contract was the right thing for Subban.

Gosh they were wrong.

He is gonna get PAID.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Is that the same guy that served as pylon for the Fake-Swerve-Score drills these playoffs?
It might be the guy who got burned by Ryan White a few times. Ryan, freaking, White.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Well, it's kinda legit. I mean, in an imaginary '12/13 where Karlsson was healthy, he might have been a better defenseman than PK. Heck, he might even be better than PK right now (14 pts in 17 games coming back from THAT injury, followed by 8 pts in 10 playoff games... he's back). But if the reports are true, PK was the best defenseman of the '12/13 season, which is good enough.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Reading the NHL board really makes you realize the true lack of quality posters on HF Boards as a whole. The level of immaturity is pathetic.

Glad we have a good group of guys here on the Habs board. Not everyone, by any means. But a good group nonetheless. Best on these boards, by far.

06-10-2013, 05:27 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
i explained to my girlfriend the subban story, immigrant father, did everything for his kids to play hockey et cetera... and her reaction was: "**** yeah! "

indeed woman... **** yeah....

and then i told her about his two brothers and she basically wanted me to make a soap out of it

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Habsawce

And I got removed from the conversation for posting that picture of the guy crying

I posted a million times worse stuff today, unless it was my comment about them leaking the information to give Habs fans a headstart at trolling in which it's a joke I was removed.

Old
06-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i explained to my girlfriend the subban story, immigrant father, did everything for his kids to play hockey et cetera... and her reaction was: "**** yeah! "

indeed woman... **** yeah....

and then i told her about his two brothers and she basically wanted me to make a soap out of it
Did you also tell her that he garners the most hatred from fans of any player in the league?

Dany Heatley drives drunk and kills his friend, demands a trade and leaves a franchise high and dry and people are impartial to him. PK Subban yells at his teammate on the bench for giving him a suicide pass and he's the devil incarnate

Old
06-10-2013, 05:33 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Reading the NHL board really makes you realize the true lack of quality posters on HF Boards as a whole. The level of immaturity is pathetic.

Glad we have a good group of guys here on the Habs board. Not everyone, by any means. But a good group nonetheless. Best on these boards, by far.
thanks man, means alot

Old
06-10-2013, 05:36 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Did you also tell her that he garners the most hatred from fans of any player in the league?

Dany Heatley drives drunk and kills his friend, demands a trade and leaves a franchise high and dry and people are impartial to him. PK Subban yells at his teammate on the bench for giving him a suicide pass and he's the devil incarnate
y u have 2 be so depressed man?

unrelated to your post, but i never thought i'd see the day when someone would argue karlsson outplayed subban this playoff. boom. there it is, page 4 on the main board.... o'lawd...

guess they dig their own hole when they use the fact that one went a round more than the other.

Old
06-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Subban will cost an arm and a leg to the Habs...

If true, this shows that Norris voters are biased towards late-season play, since Subban may have outplayed Suter late in the season.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post

Imagine the outrage if Subban had beat up a cab driver like Patrick Kane. Or better yet, if he did what Joe Corvo did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Corvo
Quote:
Corvo was arrested in November 2002 in Boston after he grabbed a 34-year-old woman's buttocks in a restaurant. Restaurant staff told him to leave, but Corvo returned, punched the woman and then kicked her when she fell to the ground, police said. Corvo was given a three-year suspended sentence after he pleaded guilty to assault. Corvo was also suspended for three games by the Kings

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:45 PM
DJ Breadman

someone photoshop a pic of subban with a crown on his head

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote