HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Training Camp

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2013, 09:26 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Some things in here:

http://www.wgr550.com/Buscaglia-5-Ob...ay-10/16486743

So Rogers can win jump balls too like Woods? Not good about the taunting though.

Nickell Robey is a guy to keep an eye on. This guy isnt out of LSU is he?
No he's the 5'8 USC corner who has overcome obstacles at HS and NCAA to be very productive

Old
06-03-2013, 09:28 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Very unfortunate news from Jim Kelly. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...8-28c07a98ade7
Just got an alert from TBN. Hoping for the best for jimbo, Jill et al

Old
06-03-2013, 09:35 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Very unfortunate news from Jim Kelly. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...8-28c07a98ade7
Wishing the best for him. Damn.

Old
06-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Poor Jim, the guy and his family have been through enough with Hunter. Hopefully he makes it through and they can remove it all.

Old
06-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
No he's the 5'8 USC corner who has overcome obstacles at HS and NCAA to be very productive
With Brooks being the LSU CB to watch out for. He has a chance to become a valuable cornerback on the team as an outside or nickel CB. Robey probably won't make the team but if he doesn't I wouldn't mind seeing him on the practice squad.

Old
06-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Shocked to hear about Kelly's cancer diagnosis. I wish him all the best. Kick its' ass, Jimbo!

Old
06-03-2013, 03:40 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Ugh. Go Jim and family.

Old
06-03-2013, 05:34 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
Shocked to hear about Kelly's cancer diagnosis. I wish him all the best. Kick its' ass, Jimbo!
Given his linebacker's mentality, I think that's a given.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Good read --> http://presnapreads.com/2013/06/04/s...buffalo-bills/

Old
06-05-2013, 04:50 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Not a big fan of tieing one thing to another but do you think that gives the team extra motivation for 2013? I mean it's entirely possible it may mean nothing as well. I can't imagine many if any of these guys really know him or anything so it may not have any real impact on them.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:14 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Not a big fan of tieing one thing to another but do you think that gives the team extra motivation for 2013? I mean it's entirely possible it may mean nothing as well. I can't imagine many if any of these guys really know him or anything so it may not have any real impact on them.
Might light a fire under Mario, Jim was the one to welcome him to town.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:13 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Might light a fire under Mario, Jim was the one to welcome him to town.
Possible but I feel his issues last year were health and fiance problems.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:17 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
TL;DR Gilmore is really good.

Old
06-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Bills sign OL Doug Legursky:

Quote:
A day after hosting free agent center-guard Doug Legursky for a visit at One Bills Drive, Buffalo signed the four-year veteran to a contract.

Legursky joked that he must’ve done something right on his visit to garner a contract offer from the club, but also admitted that he was very interested in Buffalo after meeting the coaching staff.

“There’s just a vibe they have here,” Legursky told Buffalobills.com. “They have an electricity here. They’re an amped up coaching staff. I really think they’re going to do well and I’m just glad to be a part of it and part of an organization that trusts me. They brought me in and hopefully they’ll lead us to a championship.”

Legursky (6’1” 315), a former undrafted signing of the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2008, spent his first four NFL seasons in Pittsburgh. The 26-year old appeared in all 16 games for the Steelers in 2012 including three starts. He has appeared in 50 games in his career with 17 total starts.

And though a good number of his time on the field has been at center, the guard position isn’t foreign to him.

“I’ve had a starting season at guard,” Legursky said. “I’ve played just as much guard as I have center, but whatever they need me to do, right, left, center, fullback, tackle, just throw me in there and I’ll get the job done.”

The center-guard expects to compete for the starting left guard competition that has no incumbent starter returning from last season following the free agent departure of Andy Levitre as well as spot starter Chad Rinehart. To this point the competition has included Colin Brown, rookie Zach Chibane, Chris Scott, Thomas Welch and Sam Young.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...gned-by-Bills/

Old
06-05-2013, 05:04 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Last time we got a OL from the Steelers it turned out to be a major coup for us...I'll be happy if he provides solid depth and replaces Rhinehart.

Old
06-05-2013, 05:51 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Lol I find something to be fishy here. If the Steelers don't seem to push too hard to resign you then something is up.

Old
06-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Lol I find something to be fishy here. If the Steelers don't seem to push too hard to resign you then something is up.
He's a back-up. In today's NFL it makes more fiscal sense to have guys on rookie deals as your back-ups. Veterans become a luxury if they aren't stars or at least starters. The reason why it makes sense for us is because he has a chance to actually be a starter here and either way we need some experienced depth.

He's a decent addition at worst and will provide depth at guard while probably be our #1 back-up option at center off the bat. If you look at the depth chart he certainly does have a decent chance of being a starter at LG as well. He's a much better choice than the other guy they brought in yesterday.

Old
06-05-2013, 06:10 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
The Steelers waived Kraig Urbik a former 3rd round pick for them and all he's done is become one of the best guards in the game and nearly as good as Levitre. The Steelers haven't been as good as they used to be.

Old
06-05-2013, 06:42 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Last time we got a OL from the Steelers it turned out to be a major coup for us...I'll be happy if he provides solid depth and replaces Rhinehart.
Yeah but we had to release Greg Lloyd to make room for him. And he was a Steelers legend.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:16 AM
dma0034

-From ESPN Insider
The Bills have three new offensive weapons in Robert Woods, EJ Manuel and Marquise Goodwin.
New head coach Doug Marrone brings an air of excitement to Buffalo with the creative schemes that he ran at Syracuse. However, whether he will implement his college philosophies in the NFL remains a mystery, and the Bills are playing it close to the vest on what this offense and this defense will look like when team opens training camp.

After studying the tape, here is what I expect to see on both sides of the ball in 2013 for the Bills.

Offense
This will be a West Coast offense in terms of principles, and although it might look exotic and confusing to defend, it might not be quite as complicated as we think. In the passing game, the Bills will ask the quarterback to read his progressions quickly and, if a play isn't there, go to a checkdown or tuck the ball and run -- so mobility at this position is required. They might throw vertically a little more than we see from some West Coast offenses, and they want to stretch defenses with the threat of the deep pass, which should help the run game.

They will work out of the shotgun primarily not only to help in pass protection but also to allow the QB to read the defense quickly and get the ball out on time. We do know that they will have an attacking, up-tempo style and will try to confuse defenses with varied personnel groupings, motion and pre-snap movement.

Although Marrone has a creative offensive mind, he will let coordinator Nate Hackett call the plays, a role that Marrone had at Syracuse. Because of Marrone's strong run background as a former offensive line coach, look for more of a power run game behind an underrated O-line to set up good play-action opportunities. They will design a lot of plays for RB C.J. Spiller. In addition to those physical between-the-tackles looks, they will run more draw plays than most teams. The screen play also will be a big part of this offense.

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/David Duprey
The Bills will look different under Doug Marrone.
Marrone will spice things up with some read-option looks, especially if athletic rookie EJ Manuel wins the starting QB job, and we might even see some old Buffalo "K-Gun" plays that we saw in the Jim Kelly era. The players will love to run this offense because of its versatility.

Defense
Major changes are on the way under new coordinator Mike Pettine, who comes from the New York Jets -- a nice hire for the Bills. He has a strong 3-4 defense background, but, much like the offense, this will be a hybrid defense with multiple fronts and coverages.

Buffalo is doing a good job in the offseason of moving players around to play multiple positions, not only to see where they fit best but also to allow the defense to create that desired versatility. This will pay off when injuries occur because they can play guys in a number of spots. Their base package might be the 3-4, but they will show a 4-3 front and even some 46 looks.

Pettine will try to put Mario Williams in a variety of positions to maximize his skills. Like the offense, this defense will constantly be in an attacking mode, and that will manifest itself most in Buffalo's blitz packages.

The Bills want to dictate the flow of the game to the offense. Under former defensive coordinator Dave Wannstedt, the Bills blitzed less than 18 percent of the plays last season. But, as the Jets' coordinator, Pettine brought pressure on almost 40 percent of defensive snaps. The Bills also will play a lot of games up front with twists, stunts and one-gap penetrating packages. Pettine also will roll out his 4-2-5 nickel package as a base look at times.

Buffalo prefers to play man coverage on the back end to allow those creative blitzes, but, if the front seven doesn't apply enough pressure, the Bills can resort to combo coverages designed to confuse the offense.

The 2013 Bills have a chance to be better than the mediocre teams we have seen in recent years, and there is hope for optimism in Buffalo. But to improve their record, they'll need more than new schemes. What are the key areas Buffalo must improve in 2013 to be more competitive?

Cut down on turnovers and penalties
The Bills had 34 turnovers a year ago, including 17 interceptions, and their inability to take care of the football and to protect their defense are big reasons Ryan Fitzpatrick is no longer the QB. A total of 104 penalties in 2012 is far too sloppy, and the team also must improve in that area.

Improve run defense
There is a lot of talent on this defense, especially along the defensive line, yet the Bills were almost at the bottom of the NFL in this category. This new coaching staff will work hard to fix it.

Play better defense on third down and in the red zone
Buffalo was 31st in the NFL on third down last season, which allowed opposing offenses to keep the ball and control time of possession. In the red zone, the Bills were especially poor, allowing 38 TDs in 55 trips (also 31st in the league).

Old
06-10-2013, 01:06 PM
whiplash

Nice write up, thanks for sharing that.

Old
06-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

Quote:
Not a big fan of tieing one thing to another but do you think that gives the team extra motivation for 2013?
no, probably not.

Old
06-10-2013, 05:19 PM
dma0034

Tim Tebow is a PATRIOT!

Old
06-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Rebuild

Tarvaris Jacksons has been released by the Bills per WGR text alert.

Last edited by Rebuild: 06-10-2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
06-10-2013, 07:18 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Tim Tebow is a PATRIOT!
"If anyone can get something out of tim tebow, it's bill belicheck."
-Every ESPN analyst's favorite line for the next week

Closed Thread