HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)

Old
06-10-2013, 05:46 PM
couris

vCash: 500
some blind habs fans forgot how good Karlsson was before his injury. Of course if Karlsson goes back to what he was last year he is better than Subban.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
some blind habs fans forgot how good Karlsson was before his injury. Of course if Karlsson goes back to what he was last year he is better than Subban.
Blind? Karlsson has always been crap defensively. The only reason there's even people saying otherwise is Karlsson will have 5-6 shifts in a row with giveaways that result in scoring chances against, then he'll stop a single play and TSN/CBC will rave about his defensive acumen for the rest of the night.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Dean Ambrose
#BESTFORBUSINESS

vCash: 233
Definitely deserved. Subban was the MVP of the team this season and was one of the best players. He definitely deserves it.

And he deserves all the money he's going to get on his next contract. He's a star, and you gotta pay for stars regardless. He'll deserve every cent on that new contract.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Andy

Why is it impossible for Sens fans not to talk about Karlsson when discussing the Subban win. Jesus, it's freaking annoying.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:55 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATaboutLOVE View Post
I remember in the 2010-11 season, someone at l'Antichambre said (pretty sure it was Bergeron) : '' Lucic là, ya 29 GM qui donneraient Subban plus un premier choix pour l'avoir.''

Translation: There are 29 GMs that would give Subban and a first to acquire Lucic.

Thinking back at it, I can't help but laugh.
That would of been a worse trade than the Kessel one

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

I'm absolutely late for the party....but why the heck would there not be a trophy night this year? 'Cause season ends too late and then the draft happens?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Why is it impossible for Sens fans not to talk about Karlsson when discussing the Subban win. Jesus, it's freaking annoying.
Hab fans are as bad.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Hab fans are as bad.
This is true.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Hab fans are as bad.
We're not. We don't bring Subban in every ****ing discussion. But eh, Sens fans have nothing else in their history except this guy named Karlsson. Can't really blame them.

Lars Mon Amour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
How do you know that PK won't be even better next year than he was this year? Will Karlsson still be miles better if that happens?

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Andy

Quote:
Hab fans are as bad.
Yeah we can be, but Karlsson wasn't even a finalist. He didn't even play enough games to judge his performance. He has no business being in the discussion...he didn't play and therefore has nothing to do with this year's winner. Why they insist on bringing him up is fustrating and takes away from the other finalist who deserve more attention than Karlsson.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:03 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Was karlsson really that much better? Subban has a strong physical edge, is nearly as good offensively and more reliable on his own end. Subban is good at everything karlsson does best and yet he has qualities karlsson does not have.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:03 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm happy he has this attitude...who cares what he'll cost on his next contract. Management wanted him to earn his next lucrative contract, well he did and then some.

Time to ante up on their end...this should be the kind of cheque they sign with a smile on their face
absolutely my friend

with the comments made by Gorges and Markov in the media , cleary he had maturing to do , and did ity and will get rewarded

if we caved at 5.5 mil , maybe he wouldnt of performed at this level

pay him 7 on a long term deal unless he asks to break the bank on a 10 mil+ max cap which I dont think he does or he will get moved

the point is simple no issue with him at 7

its the average Gorges at 4 or Gio at 5 that screw your cap not your stars

Gorges should be paid max 2 mil amnd Gio 3 for what thte bring to the table

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:08 PM
BK201

he deserved it. i think he was way better than a Suter, and Letang. i felt he was one of the only guys to show up in the playoffs as well.

i always liked him since the 2011 playoffs against boston and he came up pretty clutch with a rifle of a shot top shelf against Tim Thomas in the third. he also played what 29-30 minutes a game you could tell back then he was gonna be good.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:10 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
so where are the people saying the bridge contract was a great idea
it was a great idea , he needed to grow up and did

THERE WAS AN ISSUE IN THE DRESSING ROOM , ITS BETTER NOW

ask the Sabres if they would of liked to bridge Myers now ?

took his 20 mil in 2 years and mailed it in

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE SOMEONE SAID NO TO HIM AND PUSHED BACK

AND NOW HE WILL GET PAID AND DESERVES IT

ITS NO DIFFERENT THAN PAYING FOR A HOUSE NOT KNOWING ITS VALUE

CONGRATS TO MB

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:19 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
it was a great idea , he needed to grow up and did

THERE WAS AN ISSUE IN THE DRESSING ROOM , ITS BETTER NOW

ask the Sabres if they would of liked to bridge Myers now ?

took his 20 mil in 2 years and mailed it in

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE SOMEONE SAID NO TO HIM AND PUSHED BACK

AND NOW HE WILL GET PAID AND DESERVES IT

ITS NO DIFFERENT THAN PAYING FOR A HOUSE NOT KNOWING ITS VALUE

CONGRATS TO MB
Are you screaming at me loool? I get it but I dont think Pk is the type of player to sit on his money... You can feel his passion, hes the real deal! I had no doubts about him and Im happy he will finally get the recon he deserves
I freaking want to punch my tv when I hear Therrien say : he can become a great D
He already is, he deserves way more respect than this

CaptainIginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Just thinking back at some of the ridiculous comments made about Subban before the year started is making me giggle a bit.

I remember when people were saying Subban + 3rd overall (Galchenyuk) wouldn't be enough to get the 1st overall (Yakupov) - fun stuff

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:24 PM
E = CH²

1. Not sure I trust Kypreos. Also find it weird that it's the only trophy to be leaked..

2. If true, I'm surprised. I thought Subban was too hated to be able to get the votes and that voting would be split between Letang and Subban with eastern votes, while Suter would get west votes.

3. Suter also had a great season. I think Subban was slightly better overall but it was close.

4. Grats to Subban, couldn't happen to a more deserving player. He is easily, by far, my favourite since Koivu joined the league. Hope he becomes captain of the habs at some point and lead the team to greatness.

5. I wish Bergevin had signed him to a longer deal last summer. I don't understand what the thought process was behind that. Meh whatever, pay the man now. And don't **** around, extend him as soon as possible.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Habsawce

Apparently only the winners were invited to Chicago for the TV special where they are awarded the trophies. So this is likely how the leak happened since Subban would have been told to get a ticket.

I'm surprised no other leaks have happened as well, but Subban is the one leak that would cause the most controversy and actually get more people to watch the special by being leaked. If they were like "Paul Maclean won the Jack Adams," no one woudl give a ****.

Old
06-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Just thinking back at some of the ridiculous comments made about Subban before the year started is making me giggle a bit.

I remember when people were saying Subban + 3rd overall (Galchenyuk) wouldn't be enough to get the 1st overall (Yakupov) - fun stuff
The way hfboards works, subban, yakupov and a 1st wouldn't be enough to get 2013 1st overall......oooooo, newest shiny thing......oh! Squirrel!

Halifaxhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
1. Not sure I trust Kypreos. Also find it weird that it's the only trophy to be leaked..

2. If true, I'm surprised. I thought Subban was too hated to be able to get the votes and that voting would be split between Letang and Subban with eastern votes, while Suter would get west votes.

3. Suter also had a great season. I think Subban was slightly better overall but it was close.

4. Grats to Subban, couldn't happen to a more deserving player. He is easily, by far, my favourite since Koivu joined the league. Hope he becomes captain of the habs at some point and lead the team to greatness.

5. I wish Bergevin had signed him to a longer deal last summer. I don't understand what the thought process was behind that. Meh whatever, pay the man now. And don't **** around, extend him as soon as possible.

According to the MAG article only the winners will be at the special show on CBC/NBC next week so they have been contacted ahead of time to book travel, hence the leak. Someone around Subban leaked it!

Hullois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:34 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Did you also tell her that he garners the most hatred from fans of any player in the league?

Dany Heatley drives drunk and kills his friend, demands a trade and leaves a franchise high and dry and people are impartial to him. PK Subban yells at his teammate on the bench for giving him a suicide pass and he's the devil incarnate
I was actually saying something the other day to a friend, but instead of heatley I used Pat Kane as my example. I would love to see the reaction if Subban and his cousin waylaid a poor taxi driver.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Congrats to PK first of many IMO.....he is going to get better and better

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

Lol, that was a finalist to be the GM of the Habs instead of Bergevin who suggested that.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I was actually saying something the other day to a friend, but instead of heatley I used Pat Kane as my example. I would love to see the reaction if Subban and his cousin waylaid a poor taxi driver.
Yes, the example was rough however, it just shows how extreme someone can act and the slack they take passes much easier than Subban. This is absurd and stinks of something much deeper than not liking Montreal.