HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse-Perezhogin

Old
10-11-2006, 08:55 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Latendresse-Perezhogin

I wanna see these two on the same line! Thoughts?

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Shabutie

Johnson is doing well imo. More so in the defensive zone, but he's doing good work. I'd say if something were to be tried, it'd be; Perez - Johnson - Lats...But Carbs doesn't seem to be someone who screws up with chemistry...but rather tries to build it.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Cariboux

Latendresse seems more comfortable than in the previous 2 games. It's nice to see.

I'm sure the points will come for Perezhogin who's working very hard.

Cariboux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Mike8

Yeah, I like the idea. But not yet. Don't rush Latendresse up.

I see coaching Latendresse working as follows:

- the better he gets, the better the fourth line gets, the more ice time the fourth line gets (in the 10-12 minute range)

- the more consistent Latendresse gets, the more frequency we see hot players playing on the other wing (ie. Ryder took a shift with Latendresse-Begin tonight, and they all looked good together. Do this 2-3 times a game to get Latendresse some better quality ice-time, without demoting a top-six forward for him)

- the more consistently good Latendresse gets, stick him for some spot-duty on the PP

Also notice that Latendresse saw some 4 on 4 action tonight? Good reward for his effort.

Once those three above 'prerequisites' occur, and if Latendresse has progressed as he should through all of them (which should take anywhere between 25-60 games), then I can see Latendresse earning a promotion to a higher line.

With that said, injuries should occur before Latendresse is fully ready, and in that case he'd get the opportunity to showcase himself in a scoring-role capacity.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:16 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Well, what about a line with Perez-Johnson-Latendresse? From what I saw, Guillaume wasn't too comfortable on the 4th line. If we bring back Bonk with Murray and Begin, we could have 4 good lines. What do you think about this?

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Yeah, I like the idea. But not yet. Don't rush Latendresse up.

I see coaching Latendresse working as follows:

- the better he gets, the better the fourth line gets, the more ice time the fourth line gets (in the 10-12 minute range)

- the more consistent Latendresse gets, the more frequency we see hot players playing on the other wing (ie. Ryder took a shift with Latendresse-Begin tonight, and they all looked good together. Do this 2-3 times a game to get Latendresse some better quality ice-time, without demoting a top-six forward for him)

- the more consistently good Latendresse gets, stick him for some spot-duty on the PP

Also notice that Latendresse saw some 4 on 4 action tonight? Good reward for his effort.

Once those three above 'prerequisites' occur, and if Latendresse has progressed as he should through all of them (which should take anywhere between 25-60 games), then I can see Latendresse earning a promotion to a higher line.

With that said, injuries should occur before Latendresse is fully ready, and in that case he'd get the opportunity to showcase himself in a scoring-role capacity.
Totally agree with your views on this. Carbo seems to be a fairly smart coach thus far. He hasn't messed with chemistry early on and he seems to be working Latendresse quite well.

Old
10-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek_freak View Post
Well, what about a line with Perez-Johnson-Latendresse? From what I saw, Guillaume wasn't too comfortable on the 4th line. If we bring back Bonk with Murray and Begin, we could have 4 good lines. What do you think about this?
I'm not a fan. It puts two players out of position:

1) Latendresse is a LWer. But you could move Perezhogin to RW.

2) Many people on this forum assume Johnson can play center because he may have at some distant period in his youth or college days, and he took some faceoffs last year. But you can see from hsi style that he's a winger. He's fundamentally pretty solid, but I don't think he would be as a center. Plus, he's just not a good enough puck distributor to be a center.

I don't mind the thinking behind it though, because I like the idea of Bonk on the fourth line again simply because he's such a stabilizing factor for Begin. That said, I think Bonk's responded quite well to the third-line C role.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I'm not a fan. It puts two players out of position:

1) Latendresse is a LWer. But you could move Perezhogin to RW.

2) Many people on this forum assume Johnson can play center because he may have at some distant period in his youth or college days, and he took some faceoffs last year. But you can see from hsi style that he's a winger. He's fundamentally pretty solid, but I don't think he would be as a center. Plus, he's just not a good enough puck distributor to be a center.

I don't mind the thinking behind it though, because I like the idea of Bonk on the fourth line again simply because he's such a stabilizing factor for Begin. That said, I think Bonk's responded quite well to the third-line C role.
He played C with the leafs I believe.

Old
10-11-2006, 10:19 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Latendresse seemed to get more confident as the game went on. He was tentative at first, but near the end started throwing himself around and throwing some solid hits. I think the offence will come, and would suspect that most of his first appearances in the more intimidating stadiums (Philly, Toronto, etc) will be similiar to tonite.

gohabsgo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 10:37 PM
AlexeiKovalev27

IMO things are great as they are, don't change a winning combination for now. Tender is now doing good begin downey/murray. All 3 gave tonight a lot of hard time to the flyers. As for bonk, he seems in great shape this year, intercepting a lot of passes. good job bonkie!

AlexeiKovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 10:42 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Funny you should say that.

I was at the Habs game day skate in Toronto in the ACC on Saturday and Latendresse and Perezhogin were having fun with each other all practice long.

During the down times they were playing a game from across the ice where one player would shoot the puck waist high at the other player the player receiving the "pass" would then attempt to bat it out of the air.

They were also doing one timer drills together and seen laughing on many occasions.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Teufelsdreck

Latendresse is doing OK in the limited role he's been given. I expect him to improve as the season goes along.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Habbadasher

Interesting idea, not practical at this point.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek_freak View Post
i like it alot! Latendresse doesn't look out of place at all on the ice, but the plays he does are always a no go cause Begin, Murray or Downey can't follow up, there not player with that offensive instinct to know what to do before it's done, every time the 4th line is on the ice it's always a fight for the puck in the corners, no cycling, no passing... just hits and scramble. We're lucky we have a player in the mold of Latendresse who can play on a hit cause of his size and hearth, but what good is it when he has so much more potential, putting him with someone as reliable and hard working as Mike Johnson( aquistition of the year imo) and lightning fast talented winger( still progressing though) Alexander Perezhogin can only do him good, it makes a much more deadly 3rd line and putting a player like Lappierre or ferland woudn't make the 4th line worst cause there job is the same

edit: i like how carbonneau's giving Perezhogin a shot to play with Kovy and Sammy

Last edited by Maxpac: 10-12-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Markov79

As the season goes on guys will get injured and there will be room for guys like Lats and Perez to play with top tier forwards or each other. Until then we are winning so lets leave the lines alone.

I do think Koivu and Lats would work well together. Saku is at his best when there is a more physical forward with him making room.

Markov79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 12:53 PM
big_habs_fan

I think Carbo is using him properly right now - as the season goes on he will receive more spot duty on various lines and in particular on the PP. Inevitably there will be an injury or two and Gui will get on a higher line then as well.

That being said, I'll look forward to seeing the home opener. Latendresse really seems to thrive in front of the home crowd, and Carbo has last line change and that may allow him to give Gui some increased spot duty. Probably be fitting to see him get his first NHL point(s) at home.

As they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Go Habs Go

big_habs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 01:59 PM
tinyzombies

I don't see the rationale for keeping someone on the 4th line unless they really need work on their defensive game. Latendresse is a potential power forward scorer and needs to play with a playmaker, not run around and muck on the boards. Third line is not too much pressure and Bonk is not our future.

I don't know why this occurred to me. I think Perezhogin was caught on a change and was out there with Lats for a half minute and I liked what I saw from them. Something clicked.

I think Lats is really a rw, as is perez, but can play the left wing too.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Garp

I think the problem with Lats on the 4th line is the other winger. I mean, Bégin has some offensive talent but Muray and Downey (did you see this 3 on 2 he screwed yesterday...)

I think a Perez-Johnson-Lats is a solution. The other would be calling up Kost and do a 4th line like this :

Kost-Bégin-Lats.

Because Downey and Murray are not that usful to the team and this line would give the team 4 good offensive lines and energy (with Bégin and Latendresse)

Garp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:11 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
I don't know why this occurred to me. I think Perezhogin was caught on a change and was out there with Lats for a half minute and I liked what I saw from them. Something clicked.
Carbo played a couple of his wingers on the 4th line in relief of Downey (who is good at what he does, but not the best hockey player in the world). Perez was one, Ryder was on that line too at one point.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Garp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Carbo played a couple of his wingers on the 4th line in relief of Downey (who is good at what he does, but not the best hockey player in the world). Perez was one, Ryder was on that line too at one point.
Johnson too. He was the man who made the sick pass to Dandenault. On that play, Lats made a great backhand pass to him too...

Garp is offline   Reply With Quote