HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kris Letang

Old
06-10-2013, 05:41 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I wouldn't want to spend $7m either but if that's the case then we can obviously trade but I don't see him getting signed for that. There's no actually confirmation that is what he asked for and Shero is someone who is often able to get the best deal out of a contract. I seem him signing for around $5.5m at most.
i'd love to keep Letang for that. he's not a bad player. if they signed him for that, i don't see them trading him.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Malkinstheman

There no way letang signs for less than 5.5m. Defencemen like him get payed, and with his reportedly not winning the norris, i could see him signing the same contract as karlsson.

Malkinstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 07:13 PM
penguins2946*

Some of these Letang proposals are horrible. He will get a return similar to the Staal return, but more since he is more valuable. It would have to be a replacement top-4 D, and either an A level prospect and a late 1st or a B level prospect and an early 1st. Base it off of these:

Fowler, Rakell and Ducks 1st for an extended Letang
J Schultz, Hartikinen and Oilers 1st for an extended Letang
Faulk, Rask and Canes 1st for an extended Letang
Cowen, Noesen, Puempel and Sens 1st for an extended Letang
Gardiner, Scrivens, Biggs and Leafs 1st for an extended Letang

Those are (imo) realistic returns for Letang. Make your proposals similar in value to those.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Yeah I don't think that Malkin staying means Letang goes. Malkin's cap hit will go up at most 1.5M, Letang's will go up about 2.5-3M, and they can just buy out/trade Fleury if it's at their expense.
Ehh. I expect Letang to get about $7M/year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
Add Teemu Pulkkinen and you have a deal
The last thing Detroit needs to do with that terrible offer is add...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
How? For the Jordan Staal trade the penguins received a top 10 pick, an nhl forward, and a good prospect. Letang > Staal
Staal wasn't signed but he might as well have been. Pretty clear to Carolina that he wanted to be there so you can give more knowing there's a lot less risk. Letang could walk as soon as his contract ends.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 07:37 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
Some of these Letang proposals are horrible. He will get a return similar to the Staal return, but more since he is more valuable. It would have to be a replacement top-4 D, and either an A level prospect and a late 1st or a B level prospect and an early 1st. Base it off of these:

Those are (imo) realistic returns for Letang. Make your proposals similar in value to those.
Such an overpayment to these people on hfboards. Letang isn't even a top 10 defensemen in there eyes. Your only going to get a roster player and a 1st out of him I guess in there eyes.

mr sidney crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:34 PM
nimos

Quote:

It's worth pointing out that there is no such trade that involves an "extended" Letang and a 2013 draft pick. Super bad faith management if that's the case.

nimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:

...the list you just put together isn't the same as the return you're saying you expect.

Someone like Cam Fowler, or Justin Faulk are not "replacement top-4 D", they are both top pairing defensemen for their team, with the upside to be more than that. I won't speak for Carolina fans, but Anaheim would definitely say no.

06-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Guins71

I really think there will be a deal this summer that is centered around Jordan Eberle and Kris Letang. Edmonton wants a puck moving D. The Pens would like a young winger.

Guins71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guins71 View Post
I really think there will be a deal this summer that is centered around Jordan Eberle and Kris Letang. Edmonton wants a puck moving D. The Pens would like a young winger.
Edmonton already has a future top line offensive defender...

I honestly could see San Jose pull the trigger. Need somebody to replace Boyle.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:24 AM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
...the list you just put together isn't the same as the return you're saying you expect.

Someone like Cam Fowler, or Justin Faulk are not "replacement top-4 D", they are both top pairing defensemen for their team, with the upside to be more than that. I won't speak for Carolina fans, but Anaheim would definitely say no.
I didn't think either Fowler or Faulk were top-2 D on their teams, I thought they were both 2nd pair. Sorry, my bad. The point still stands though.

I think the Oilers trade is probably the most likely, regardless of what their fans say. It's just another Staal trade.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:25 AM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Edmonton already has a future top line offensive defender...

I honestly could see San Jose pull the trigger. Need somebody to replace Boyle.
But what do they have to give up? Is Couture a winger? He would have to be the main piece coming back, if he was a winger. Their prospect pool is also shallow. I don't see a deal here.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Krishna

Chris Nichols ‏@Nichols_NHLPool
Also, extension talks w/ Letang expected to begin this month. He seeks five-to-eight-year term, full no-move. #Pens believe $7-8M per sought

It's time to trade him.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
But what do they have to give up? Is Couture a winger? He would have to be the main piece coming back, if he was a winger. Their prospect pool is also shallow. I don't see a deal here.
Couture in a deal for an unsigned Letang isn't happening. It's probably not happening for a signed Letang either, but San Jose fans could probably judge that one better than I.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I wouldn't want to spend $7m either but if that's the case then we can obviously trade but I don't see him getting signed for that. There's no actually confirmation that is what he asked for and Shero is someone who is often able to get the best deal out of a contract. I seem him signing for around $5.5m at most.
The only way Letang signs for 5.5M AAV is if he wants to leave money on the table. Sergei Gonchar just signed for 5M AAV. Letang is set for a 6.5M+ AAV contract and could get close to 8M AAV.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:57 AM
gdsmack267

Shero is going to offer him in the ballpark of 6-6.25 million and Letang is going to decline it because you know someone will overpay and give him like 7.5+

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:07 AM
gdsmack267

Id love to see Shero go after either Curtis Glencross + picks or after Loui Eriksson from Dallas

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:13 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Chris Nichols ‏@Nichols_NHLPool
Also, extension talks w/ Letang expected to begin this month. He seeks five-to-eight-year term, full no-move. #Pens believe $7-8M per sought

It's time to trade him.
Someone will gladly pay that, but I don't think it will be the Pens.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:12 AM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
Shero is going to offer him in the ballpark of 6-6.25 million and Letang is going to decline it because you know someone will overpay and give him like 7.5+
pretty much

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:25 AM
penguins2946*

Letang is going to be traded if he wants that much. The return would probably be like a top-10 pick, a replacement top-4 OFD and a good prospect. I've said this deal a hundred times before, but Schultz, Hartikinen and the 7th overall pick for Letang (with an extension) makes a ton of sense. Pens get a young replacement top-4 D in Schultz, a young winger prospect in Hartikinen and a high pick. Oilers get a Norris finalist to help them break their playoff slump.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:29 AM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Hartikainen just signed in the KHL

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:39 AM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
Hartikainen just signed in the KHL
Then just replace him with Musil or someone like that. That prospect is just a minor piece in the deal. I wasn't aware that he signed a deal to go to the KHL.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I'd be willing to give Letang 7 x 6.5AAV. Essentially the same as the Karlsson contract. Karlsson's better, but he was also an RFA.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:27 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I'd be willing to give Letang 7 x 6.5AAV. Essentially the same as the Karlsson contract. Karlsson's better, but he was also an RFA.
letang is worth 6mil max but i could see pits overpaying him by a little. pk is most likely gonna get a similar deal too

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:28 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

If I were the Isles, I'd roll the dice on giving Letang a 7/49M deal. He fits the direction of the team, age-wise and with the style of play he brings.

How does Andrew MacDonald, Nino Niederreiter and the 15th overall sound for UFA-to-be Letang? Young, cheap top-4 D; young, high-end goal scoring winger; mid-1st in a quality draft.

Isles can then build their blue-line core around:

Reinhart - Letang
de Haan/Donovan - Hamonic

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:37 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
If I were the Isles, I'd roll the dice on giving Letang a 7/49M deal. He fits the direction of the team, age-wise and with the style of play he brings.

How does Andrew MacDonald, Nino Niederreiter and the 15th overall sound for UFA-to-be Letang? Young, cheap top-4 D; young, high-end goal scoring winger; mid-1st in a quality draft.

Isles can then build their blue-line core around:

Reinhart - Letang
de Haan/Donovan - Hamonic
Pens shouldn't trade Letang to a division rival. period.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote