HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chipchara vs. Bonk

Old
10-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
At this point, Chipchura needs a season in the AHL to work on his offensive game. I think he could probably play on the 4th line right now, but it would permanently stunt whatever offensive upside he has. He's definitely not better than Bonk right now, so he might as well get big minutes, quality linemates and some PP time in Hamilton.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Alouette_19

When Bonk was in a breakaway against Raycroft last saturday.........Does some people from TSN said that Kaberle (I think it was him) was frak**** slow.......

Alouette_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 05:35 PM
GSK*

Bonk is not fast... not slow... He got a "average speed" for a 6"3 guys...

Anyway, 3 quotes for the Habs per TSN... Results in 3 bashes...

About Carbo, Bonk and Ryder.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I want to see the kid do well.

90% of your posts on this board since a while is negativity toward him. At 19 years old, Lats is already as fast as Bonk, Ryder etc

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 05:59 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
90% of your posts on this board since a while is negativity toward him.
So what? It's called evaluating his performances. What has he done positively so far? Do you want me to say he's a superstar, dominating games and the best player on the ice? I have never said anything untrue about him, and I've aknowledged his potential.

When he starts to play well, I will talk about that instead. Go back a few years, I was very hard on Komisarek if you'll remember, back when he was playing horribly.

Quote:
At 19 years old, Lats is already as fast as Bonk, Ryder etc
Bahahahahaha

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
So what? It's called evaluating his performances.
No it's called an obsession to bash french guys. Is he the only players that is'nt perfect on the Habs team?? Why do you only talk about him??

Old
10-11-2006, 08:05 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
No it's called an obsession to bash french guys. Is he the only players that is'nt perfect on the Habs team?? Why do you only talk about him??
Bahaha not this again! You're starting to sound like a broken record.

Old
10-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
Bahaha not this again! You're starting to sound like a broken record.
I'll stop saying it once it will stop to be true. I really hoped you would stop once Ribs was gone.

You talk bad only about french players and you make touns of posts bashing them. What should I conclude???

Old
10-11-2006, 08:46 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
I'll stop saying it once it will stop to be true. I really hoped you would stop once Ribs was gone.

You talk bad only about french players and you make touns of posts bashing them. What should I conclude???
Yes of course, I critique Latendresse, not bash, critique, and obviously I hate all French kids. Nevermind that half my family is from St-Hyacithe, I obviously hate them all.

Old
10-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Artyukhin*

any more questions ?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
any more questions ?
Game, Set and Match!!!!

Bonk is my master, Johnson is my king!!!!

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Talent Analyst

Chipchura is too slow now and will need 1-2 season more in the AHL before made the big jump . We don't need much him now , Bonk do well the job and I hope we'll resign him 1 year more or two to let time to Chipchura to develop perfectly . Chipchura is a leader and we don't have much of it in Hamilton . It will help also on chemestry is the team and developpement of our Hamilton prospects .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:19 PM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 835
Bonk is almost useless, but as scary as it is, he's the best option for his "role" that we have at this point. Patience.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:20 PM
GoGionta

Send a message via AIM to GoGionta Send a message via MSN to GoGionta
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreXpo View Post
Bonk is almost useless, but as scary as it is, he's the best option for his "role" that we have at this point. Patience.
you must have missed tonight's game

GoGionta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurray77 View Post
I think if Kyle was centering the third line w/ Johnson and Pereghozin the team would be better off. Bonk doesn't hit doesn't score and doesn't win faceoffs w/ no upside. I've been waiting for him to break out of his funk but I don't think so anymore.

Kyle could be groomed as the third line leader for yrs to come especially w/ a mentor like kirk muller behind the bench. Kyle could kill penalties as good as Bonk and hit more and given time produce more offensively.

I guess Bonk and his 2 million salary is the sticking point, no one would add the total sum of his salary in their right mind, so either they ride out the yrs w/ him, please God no, or he sits as Kyle comes up.

The other side is that he is a veteran but I don't see and leadership qualities from him ever.
Chipchura would be a much better fit, in my mind. Bonk brings nothing of value to this year's team. Too slow, very lacklustre.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Quiet Robert

I think we can go ahead and lock this thread up. Nothing left to debate really.

Although I'm not as big a Bonk supporter as I was before, he's been excellent on the PK and been solid as our 3rd line center. I feel offensively he might stifle Johnson and Perez, as he simply doesn't have the speed or the offensive skill to play up to those guys' levels but defensively he is bringing his A game.

If he can contribute in some way offensively I'd be happy, but defensively is where it matters and so far he's been great. One of our best PKing forwards and very solid 5 on 5.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:28 PM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by guizz View Post
you must have missed tonight's game
No, I saw and I maintain my statement. He's decent playing defensively, but others could do just as well. He's holding back his linemates and it's frustrating as hell. Having said that, he's still our best option, but it's not saying much. Chipchura is nowhere near ready to replace him.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
Yes of course, I critique Latendresse, not bash, critique, and obviously I hate all French kids.
He's just the last in list. You bashed many others before him, all french of course. He played 3 games, and you made more posts to "critic" him that you made to "critic" every non french players in the league putted together since you joined hfboards.

Old
10-11-2006, 09:32 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreXpo View Post
No, I saw and I maintain my statement. He's decent playing defensively, but others could do just as well. He's holding back his linemates and it's frustrating as hell. Having said that, he's still our best option, but it's not saying much. Chipchura is nowhere near ready to replace him.
Bonk played over 6 minutes shorthanded and shut down Foresberg all night long who are the "others" that could do that + produce big time offensively?

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Funny... you used to be a gigantic fan of players like that. I wonder what changed your tune.
Funny that Ribs was one of our players with the least giveaways. If you're gonna try to be witty at least get the facts straight, mon ami.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:40 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
He's just the last in list. You bashed many others before him, all french of course. He played 3 games, and you made more posts to "critic" him that you made to "critic" every non french players in the league putted together since you joined hfboards.
Of course! Zednik, you know, he's French...Bulis too. Bonk, yeah he's a Frenchy as well.

I'll just start lying and say that Latendresse has been amazing so far. Man, this kid isn't playing badly at all, he's so speedy, I see him winning the Calder!

Old
10-11-2006, 09:42 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Chipchura is a great player. But for the millionth time, Lapierre is more ready to play in the NHL and has payed his dues. If any one challenges Bonk it's Lapierre.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:42 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I also love how you consider Ribeiro French. Anything to try and fit me into your little deluded fantasy.

Just admit it. You hate the fact that I don't buy into the seperatist kool-aid. It kills you. Just ****ing stick to hockey before I get finally give in and put you on ignore. I don't remember the last time I saw a post from you that had to do with hockey.

Old
10-11-2006, 09:50 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Funny thing is, I would not have anyone other than Bonk play that much ice time in the third. Carbo put him on to push the puck away from his net, to put pressure on the other team not to have odd man rushes, and to clog up the neutral and passing zones. He was perfect in all those roles from the game I saw. BTW, that is not a fast game. He is not trying to pry the puck loose with a wreckless burst of speed and give up an odd man rush. Boring for TSN announcers, but incredibly solid from fans of a team watching them play a solid road game and hang on for the last half a of a period.

Solid game Radek!! You earned your salary tonight from this fan.

NWT Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
I also love how you consider Ribeiro French. Anything to try and fit me into your little deluded fantasy.

Just admit it. You hate the fact that I don't buy into the seperatist kool-aid. It kills you. Just ****ing stick to hockey before I get finally give in and put you on ignore. I don't remember the last time I saw a post from you that had to do with hockey.
Ribeiro is technically french canadian. He was born and raised here. Not sure if both of his parents are portuguese, you'd have to wonder since his name is Mike.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote