HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2013, 08:30 PM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I see your point Archie was chosen 1st in the QMJHL draft and was let go. As QuebecPride says though don't count Audette out, his father was one of the smallest players in the NHL. Donald was a team leader, he gave 100% every shift I ever seen him play and went up against every player with the same intensity. So that said, I wouldn't put money on Daniel not making the NHL if I was you. Honest Indian!
He will probably make the NHL but I cant see him being an impact player.

But lets hope he proves me wrong.

Old
06-10-2013, 08:42 PM
MonkeyBusiness

I would love to pick Petan, if it's with our 2nd round pick then that's even better. The guy is highly skilled, would be a top 10 player if it weren't for his size. Yes size is an issue but you can get guys with size with our 2nd round picks, plus you can't pass on someone who has the potential to be a star in this league.

Old
06-10-2013, 08:44 PM
habs76sk
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I would love to pick Petan, if it's with our 2nd round pick then that's even better. The guy is highly skilled, would be a top 10 player if it weren't for his size. Yes size is an issue but you can get guys with size with our 2nd round picks, plus you can't pass on someone who has the potential to be a star in this league.
--X2

Old
06-10-2013, 08:51 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Who do you guys like at 55? I'm making a list of 4-5 guys I'd like at each pick but 55 is hard to decide cause their rankings differentiate, so far I was thinking Duclair, Subban, Moutrey, Diaby... who else? And are these guys options at that point?
M-O Roy, Diaby, either of those 2.

Old
06-10-2013, 08:54 PM
yianik

Quote:
THN said his skating was an issue, small guy who cant skate is a big problem and no brainer no., Is this skating issue overstated, and while we are at it, what about Zykovs skating which has also been raised as a concern ?

Old
06-10-2013, 08:59 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
THN said his skating was an issue, small guy who cant skate is a big problem and no brainer no., Is this skating issue overstated, and while we are at it, what about Zykovs skating which has also been raised as a concern ?
I don't think skating is an issue, a lot of people must have their doubts on whether his game will translate to the next level.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:10 PM
otto bond

Quote:
If he's that good, a team will pick him sooner then you think.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:13 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't think skating is an issue, a lot of people must have their doubts on whether his game will translate to the next level.
I think desire is the biggest obstacle in any players path, look at DD, St. Louis, Stan Mikita and hundreds more over the last century. If they put the time in sooner or later the break will come IMO.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:18 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Diaby at 55? Screw that

Old
06-10-2013, 09:21 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
If he's that good, a team will pick him sooner then you think.
It only takes one team who likes him, although he's far from a safe pick. If he's around at #25 and beyond it's due to his size and scouts questioning if his play will translate. There's no question that the guy has tremendous potential.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Diaby at 55? Screw that
Not for me, for sure. You start "thinking" of Diaby in the 3rd round. Thinking.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:28 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I'd be fine with Diaby at 55 if the teams ahead of us don't reach AKA no notable fallers.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:29 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
For big bodies in the later round, Red Line has been pushing a couple of guys that sound interesting...

Gabriel Slight from Rouyn-Noranda:

Quote:
-For teams looking to take a late round gamble on toughness, here's a plug for gigantic Rouyn-Noranda winger Gabriel Slight — an uber sleeper for sure.

Call us crazy, but in two recent viewings this monster (6-3, 225 pounds) has caught our eye as an enforcer who can actually skate and handle the puck a bit. Respected coach Andre Tourigny has even been playing him with some of the Huskies' more skilled centers of late to ride shotgun and provide them a little more room. The Huskies have a roster with plenty of talented forwards, but precious little muscle up front.

The ironically named Slight, who is a thickly built bear, has been making his teammates braver and recently started showing he's capable of converting chances when he gets time on the scoring lines. We're quite surprised how agile he appears on the ice, and how good his stop/starts are for a big man.

Slight was a high draft pick (27th overall) two years ago, but has only 48 games under his belt in the Quebec league and is just beginning to make some noise. We wouldn't exactly describe him as a brawler; he's more a guy who just plays tough, looks to initiate lots of contact and will oblige anyone who wants to drop the gloves.

Just a wild hunch here, but with a couple years of proper and patient development, a club might have themselves a late blooming power winger.
and Keegan Kanzig from the Victoria Royals:

Quote:
However, the real heavyweight is Victoria defenseman Keegan Kanzig. He might have zero puck skills and rather slow feet, but Kanzig is a mammoth presence on the blue line. At 6-5, 240, keeping opponents away from his net and off the puck by using size and strength is his game. Both his skating and shot could be timed with a sun dial, but he's always on the ice against the opposition's top line and on the penalty kill in a shutdown role. And make no mistake: We have yet to see him lose a fight in two seasons. He's a rough customer will fight the Western Hockey League's toughest over-agers and shows no fear and tremendous balance for a big man.
Both these guys will probably go no earlier than the 7th if they get drafted at all, but they sure sound interesting from the write-ups. Anyone have any first-hand viewings or opinions?

Old
06-10-2013, 09:32 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Don't see much upside in either. Limited viewings though I've seen Kanzig a few times hoping for a diamond in the rough. He's awful at everything but throwing knuckles.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:40 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Don't see much upside in either. Limited viewings though I've seen Kanzig a few times hoping for a diamond in the rough. He's awful at everything but throwing knuckles.
Slight can play hockey and has been money for Rouyn in the playoffs, especially in front of the goalie on PP.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Was just watching a PVR game I had involving Niagara...wasn,t a fan of Verhaghe in that game but he has his quality. One guy that caught my eye was Aaron Haydon. How come nobody talks about him for 2014? 6'3'' already, moves so well, takes great decisions...I know...I'm already in 2014...but just was wondering how come he doesn't seem to be on anybody's radar...

Anthony DiFruscia might be a smallish player that would be intereting in the later rounds.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
For big bodies in the later round, Red Line has been pushing a couple of guys that sound interesting...

Gabriel Slight from Rouyn-Noranda:

and Keegan Kanzig from the Victoria Royals:

Both these guys will probably go no earlier than the 7th if they get drafted at all, but they sure sound interesting from the write-ups. Anyone have any first-hand viewings or opinions?
I'm interested in Slight.

Apparently, the habs are also interested.

http://www.hebdosregionaux.ca/bas-st...-la-mire-du-ch

Old
06-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Keegan Kanzig from the Victoria Royals:

This is someone I noticed while looking for a potential future goon to draft. Not sure how his fighting will translate in the NHL/AHL but the guy is a monster in the WHL. I'd rather draft a Kanzig than another Kishel in the 7th.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Who do you guys like at 55? I'm making a list of 4-5 guys I'd like at each pick but 55 is hard to decide cause their rankings differentiate, so far I was thinking Duclair, Subban, Moutrey, Diaby... who else? And are these guys options at that point?
It might be Justin Bailey IMO.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:56 PM
brunosevigny

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Slight can play hockey and has been money for Rouyn in the playoffs, especially in front of the goalie on PP.
I was at almost every playoff games in Rouyn and even if he was a huge presence in front of the net on the powerplay I would definitely not gamble on him. The guy can barely skate, lack of hockey sense, no scoring touch. He didn't fight once in the games I was attending. A big no from me.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:01 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
It might be Justin Bailey IMO.
They'd have to take him early in the 2nd. Very unlikely he lasts until 55.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
They'd have to take him early in the 2nd. Very unlikely he lasts until 55.
Half of the league say yes the other say no. A lot of team has him ranked in the third round. Personally , I'm not taking him before 55th selection if I'm the Habs.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
This is someone I noticed while looking for a potential future goon to draft. Not sure how his fighting will translate in the NHL/AHL but the guy is a monster in the WHL. I'd rather draft a Kanzig than another Kishel in the 7th.
Yep....only 7th rounder I liked from Timmins lately was our last with Sullivan. If not, I wouldn't mind Kanzig....but to say that the kid has a long route ahead of him is an understatement...

Old
06-10-2013, 10:35 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

The only thing I hope is that Petan will be gone when we pick at 25th.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Nedved

the weirdo in me, almost wants the habs to draft petan so the board will explore in smurf outrage.

I'm on the Petan bandwagon, if Erne, Lazar, Morrissey, or Zykov are not available..

Closed Thread