HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chipchara vs. Bonk

Old
10-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Beatnik

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I also love how you consider Ribeiro French. Anything to try and fit me into your little deluded fantasy.

Just admit it. You hate the fact that I don't buy into the seperatist kool-aid. It kills you. Just ****ing stick to hockey before I get finally give in and put you on ignore. I don't remember the last time I saw a post from you that had to do with hockey.

I'm really a "soft" separatist. Right now, with the situation at the PQ and the conservative Party in power I don't know If i'd vote "yes". I'm Pro-USA, Pro Israel etc

Still, You ALWAYS and ONLY bash french players (and yes Ribeiro speak french if you did'nt know). It's why I react like that with you and with you only.

Btw I made many posts about hockey today, to find a post of you criticizing a non french players I'd have to go months back (while you bash french players many times every day).

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:54 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Ribeiro is technically french canadian. He was born and raised here. Not sure if both of his parents are portuguese, you'd have to wonder since his name is Mike.
He's Portuguese-Canadian. His parents are hardcore Portuguese, my grandmother talks about how they are known at the big Portuguese church on St-Joseph. He speaks Portuguese as well as he speaks French...I was born and raised here too, and I speak French but I'm not French Canadian.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 09:56 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
I'm really a "soft" separatist. Right now, with the situation at the PQ and the conservative Party in power I don't know If i'd vote "yes". I'm Pro-USA, Pro Israel etc

Still, You ALWAYS and ONLY bash french players (and yes Ribeiro speak french if you did'nt know). It's why I react like that with you and with you only.

Btw I made many posts about hockey today, to find a post of you criticizing a non french players I'd have to go months back (while you bash french players many time every day).
Yes it's true, every single day it's all I ever do. Nearly 4000 posts and that's all I do. Sure thing Beatnik...I also burned down a couple of Language Police buildings as well. And I ate the babies of my uncle's neighbor over in St-Hyacithe.

Old
10-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
Yes it's true, every single day it's all I ever do. Nearly 4000 posts and that's all I do. Sure thing Beatnik...
If you take the posts about hockey, the vast majority of them are french players bashing(and never, i repeat, never other players bashing). It's sad but it's true.

You can look at it yourself, click on your name, then on "find more posts by waffledave".

Old
10-11-2006, 10:15 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Bonk Doesn't Skate

Bonk is NOT a slow skater, he just doesn't move his feet!

I noticed that he can't beat anyone one on one because he coasts. Take a close look when he dumps the puck in, he doesn't move his feet!

One time tonight he was one on one with a Philly D man. He pushed the puck past him but never moved his feet to go around the Dman, so of course the Dman beat him to the puck.

Last edited by nyhabsfan: 10-11-2006 at 10:26 PM.
nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 10:16 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
If you take the posts about hockey, the vast majority of them are french players bashing(and never, i repeat, never other players bashing). It's sad but it's true.

You can look at it yourself, click on your name, then on "find more posts by waffledave".
Yep, all those posts bashing Richarrr Zednique and Yanne Boulisse and Radeque Bonque and Michel Ribiere and Serge Sampson and Alexandre Pereze-Hogine.

Old
10-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
Yep, all those posts bashing Richarrr Zednique and Yanne Boulisse and Radeque Bonque and Michel Ribiere and Serge Sampson and Alexandre Pereze-Hogine.
Ribeiro is french, find me 5 about the others(you made more than that about Lats alone today).

Old
10-11-2006, 10:20 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Ribeiro is french, find me 5 about the others(you made more than that about Lats alone today).
I'm not playing this game with you. I have a life man. You should consider getting one as well. It'll do you good.

One day I'm going to buy you a beer.

Old
10-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:

Hey Beatnik,...give it a rest! Latendresse has been a liability almost anytime he's been on the ice. Are you saying he doesn't need some serious work on his skating?

We're all rooting for the big kid but I don't think he's ready for the NHL. However, I still think his development will progress better in the NHL than in the Q. But man oh man, does he ever have a lot of work to do on his game (both skating, positioning and defense). It's too bad he's ineligible for the AHL.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
I'm not playing this game with you. I have a life man. You should consider getting one as well. It'll do you good.

One day I'm going to buy you a beer.
No problem for the beer, the personal attack was'nt necessary though.

You would never have found those 5 posts anyway.

Old
10-11-2006, 10:25 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

And Ribeiro is not French!

If he is, then you'd have to consider me French as well.

Old
10-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
He's Portuguese-Canadian. His parents are hardcore Portuguese, my grandmother talks about how they are known at the big Portuguese church on St-Joseph. He speaks Portuguese as well as he speaks French...I was born and raised here too, and I speak French but I'm not French Canadian.
I went there once and I was thinking he might show up (was a Portuguese fest after a habs game).

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 10:52 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I went there once and I was thinking he might show up (was a Portuguese fest after a habs game).
He has gone before, I've spoken to him about how ugly the church looks on the outside

Old
10-11-2006, 10:59 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:

Ribeiro speak and was raised in Montreal, in french.
What does it take you to be considered french?

I dont know from which background you grow, not that I especially care, but based on your close-mindness and xenophobia tendency I would bet that you're not french.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 11:03 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley View Post
Ribeiro speak and was raised in Montreal, in french.
What does it take you to be considered french?

I dont know from which background you grow, not that I especially care, but based on your close-mindness and xenophobia tendency I would bet that you're not french.
Well if Ribeiro is, I guess so am I.

Also you, I would not buy you a beer. You're just annoying.

Old
10-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Ribeiro considers himself as a french-canadian.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 11:36 PM
MathMan

I distinctly remember a defensive play in that game where a backchecking Bonk caught up with the puck-carrier -- the very same Afinigenov the writer thought was so awesome.

Guess he didn't look too closely at that game.

MathMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Natural Habs Fan

Bonk is good for what we want him to be, a 3rd line defensive forward. I think some are expecting him to be some kind of offensive dynamo and that's why he gets a lot of flack. There will be times he finds himself in a good position because of his defensive play but ends up messing up offensively so everyone jumps on him.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 11:50 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
I agree that Perezhogin > Latandresse at the moment, and ne1 who thot Perezhogin shud be booted for him obviously has too much faith in young kids. Fact is, not everyone is an ovechkin or crosby. Even people picked FIRST overall have been complete crap before (Alexander Daigle). Either way. I think Kostitsyn should've been brought up rather then Latendresse.
i agree totally . latendresse should have been sent back to junior to dominate the Q , make the world junior team perhaps win a gold medal then next year play a full season in hamilton to hone his skills and get him ready for the NHL . kostitsyn has paid his dues and had a great camp then all of his hard work was rewarded with a demotion to the AHL this must have been a crushing blow to his confidence to see a teenager handed the job that in my opinion kostitsyn had clearly won . sometimes first round flops are born other times they are made .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:32 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsider View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=180438&hubname=nhl

according to TSN Bonk is slow , very slow .. is it me or Bonk is not slow at all , he was skating pretty well lately.. well maybe im wrong
Bonk's not slow, he's probably has about average speed

But sometimes, he doesn't move his feet. That will make him look very slow.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:35 AM
yukoner

Quote:
Are you delusional?

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 03:00 AM
JJ

Bonk is the type of player who will never look fast simply because his position play is so good. In a way, he reminds me a lot of Don Marcotte who use to shadow Lafleur back in the seventies. Jean Ratelle was like that also, they're just the type of players who don't skate for nothing, they just know where to go to make the play and cut the passing lanes. They never look fast but somehow they're always in the right spot at the right time. Those TSN guys who wrote that line about Bonk, just have to be reminded that the greatest player in the history of the NHL, according to many, Wayne Gretzky, was not the fastest skater or had the hardest shot or the greatest physical attributes, but somehow managed to be simply the best cause he could read the game better than anyone else.

No, Bonk is far from being the midnight express, but he doesn't really have to be to efficiently fulfill the job he is required to do. The other point I'd like to make about Bonk, it seems that no matter who they play him with, they always seem to gel and get the job done. Begin looked awesome playing with Bonk last season, Gui Lats looked equally good playing with him during training camp, and this season, Johnson and Perez don't look too shabby playing alongside the shadow(Bonk).

Speed is for kids, the experiended ones don't have to skate fast all the time to get the job done, especially on a defensive assignment.

JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 03:08 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan View Post
Funny thing is, I would not have anyone other than Bonk play that much ice time in the third. Carbo put him on to push the puck away from his net, to put pressure on the other team not to have odd man rushes, and to clog up the neutral and passing zones. He was perfect in all those roles from the game I saw. BTW, that is not a fast game. He is not trying to pry the puck loose with a wreckless burst of speed and give up an odd man rush. Boring for TSN announcers, but incredibly solid from fans of a team watching them play a solid road game and hang on for the last half a of a period.

Solid game Radek!! You earned your salary tonight from this fan.

Radek Bonk is great defensively

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 06:23 AM
espo*

[QUOTE=NWT Habs Fan;
Solid game Radek!! You earned your salary tonight from this fan.[/QUOTE]

Agree.He was solid and played his role well last night.Good game from him.

espo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Netro

I think we need to differentiate speed and work. A player can be fast yet if he is lazy will appear slow.

When Bonk works, he is not slow. In fact, I thought, at times last night, he looked as fast as I have seen him. His problem is that he does not always skate hard, or work hard.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote