HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFA Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug88 View Post
I'd love to see James Neal on this team, I mean Pittsburgh definitely needs to get rid of some players if they want to offer a big contract to Malkin. I feel like we can make a reasonable trade to get him, like Smith + 2nd round choice
There is no chance they move him, especially for that deal. Neal is the best winger on their team.

On the topic of Pitt, thoughts on bringing in Dupuis? Been-there-done-that kind of guy as far as the playoffs.

Old
06-10-2013, 12:29 PM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
There is no chance they move him, especially for that deal. Neal is the best winger on their team.

On the topic of Pitt, thoughts on bringing in Dupuis? Been-there-done-that kind of guy as far as the playoffs.
I love the thought of having Dupis' experience and skill on the team, but for some reason i am not high on him with the Preds. Our roster is a bunch of 110% guess who have a two way game. I would love to have him but his type, although he is skilled, is a bit redundant on the team.

Old
06-10-2013, 12:30 PM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug88 View Post
I'd love to see James Neal on this team, I mean Pittsburgh definitely needs to get rid of some players if they want to offer a big contract to Malkin. I feel like we can make a reasonable trade to get him, like Smith + 2nd round choice
That would be huge for this team, but that would be close to impossible at this point.

Old
06-10-2013, 12:30 PM
AintLifeGrand

if we had him at Center he would be an upgrade over Fish/Legwand in the playmaking dept IMO

I think he is as good , if not better than Fisher

Old
06-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Letang is the one on the outs in Pittsburgh from the sound of things (personally I'd throw Fleury out with the bathwater) ... I would also like Dupuis ... very good 3rd line versatile player ... been there done that in the playoffs

Old
06-10-2013, 12:47 PM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Letang is the one on the outs in Pittsburgh from the sound of things (personally I'd throw Fleury out with the bathwater) ... I would also like Dupuis ... very good 3rd line versatile player ... been there done that in the playoffs
Saw on the Penguins board offering Letang for the 4th pick. I dont know how i feel but its making me think.

Old
06-10-2013, 12:54 PM
doug88

I'm not sure about Dupuis.. Guess he would be lost without Sid

Old
06-10-2013, 12:59 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCola88 View Post
Saw on the Penguins board offering Letang for the 4th pick. I dont know how i feel but its making me think.
In a heartbeat.

Weber-Letang
Klein-Josi

Yes, please.

Old
06-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
I have looked around at the free agents and one that nobody seems to mention is Michael Ryder. I have followed him and he scores big goals and puts up points. I think if we added him, depending on how Stalberg goes, we could add 2nd or 3rd line forward that can score. Ryder can also support Barkov and FF, which could be or top line for all we know.

Line up could look like this:

Bourque - Leggy - Horny
Sergei - Fisher - Wilson
Forsberg - Barkov - Ryder
Craig/Clune - Goose - Beck

Weber - Josi
Klein - (Possible sign or trade defensemen)
Gill - Ekholm/Bartley/Blum

Secondly, I dont see Ellis cracking the D core again. So possibly throw him in a trade with SK+ to get that top 4 D man and open up a spot to have Clune and Smith in the lineup. It isn't flashy or that top goal scoring we need, but it is a solid lineup. This lineup could also keep the Preds in the playoff hunt up until the trade deadline to pick up a top forward like Stastny.
If he could be had for the right price I would love to see VS here. I think a Gabby/Barkov/Stalberg line could be pretty fun to watch.

Old
06-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
In a heartbeat.

Weber-Letang
Klein-Josi

Yes, please.
I wouldn't ... I'd much rather have Barkov ... we've never had a True Elite Center on this team, ever & we don't have one in the system, that is what it takes to win games in the postseason

Old
06-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Top 6 Spaling

No way I'd give #4 for Letang. He looked god awful in that Boston series.

Old
06-10-2013, 01:28 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
if we had him at Center he would be an upgrade over Fish/Legwand in the playmaking dept IMO

He didn't fit here at all. He looked worse than Spaling in Trotz system.

Old
06-10-2013, 01:31 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
In a heartbeat.

Weber-Letang
Klein-Josi

Yes, please.
Totally disagree.

We tried that route and needed more. Remember

Weber-Suter
Klein-Josi

I'd rather draft Barkov

Old
06-10-2013, 01:34 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Totally disagree.

We tried that route and needed more. Remember

Weber-Suter
Klein-Josi

I'd rather draft Barkov
A #3 is a major need for this team right now. Ekholm doesn't seem like he's ready to step up yet. That trade would secure the best top-4 in the league for a long time.

Old
06-10-2013, 01:34 PM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
No way I'd give #4 for Letang. He looked god awful in that Boston series.
Id rather have Barkov, but just imagine Weber and Letang. That would Canadas top D pair.

Old
06-10-2013, 01:57 PM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:
I have looked around at the free agents and one that nobody seems to mention is Michael Ryder. I have followed him and he scores big goals and puts up points. I think if we added him, depending on how Stalberg goes, we could add 2nd or 3rd line forward that can score. Ryder can also support Barkov and FF, which could be or top line for all we know.

Line up could look like this:

Bourque - Leggy - Horny
Sergei - Fisher - Wilson
Forsberg - Barkov - Ryder
Craig/Clune - Goose - Beck

Weber - Josi
Klein - (Possible sign or trade defensemen)
Gill - Ekholm/Bartley/Blum

Secondly, I dont see Ellis cracking the D core again. So possibly throw him in a trade with SK+ to get that top 4 D man and open up a spot to have Clune and Smith in the lineup. It isn't flashy or that top goal scoring we need, but it is a solid lineup. This lineup could also keep the Preds in the playoff hunt up until the trade deadline to pick up a top forward like Stastny.

Old
06-10-2013, 02:08 PM
AintLifeGrand

Do not see the appeal with Dupuis at all

Was a fan of him on the Thrash because he played with Kovy, but he is nothing more than a 3rd liner. Outside of the past 2 seasons , which can be attributed to playing with Sidney Crosby, he hasn't proved anything more than 95% of our current forwards.

Why try to offer $4 mil + to an aging winger that is nothing more than a complimentary player?

Old
06-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Legionnaire11

Forget Dupuis, he only wants to play in Pittsburgh anyway, he'll make sure that he stays with the Pens.

Old
06-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
No, let's just draft a forward that's rated in the top five for once. We just need one top 4 defenseman and we've got our top 4 locked down. It doesn't have to be another top pairing defenseman, just solid and steady.

Old
06-10-2013, 04:02 PM
braindead

The sad truth is that there is a lot of UFA junk out there this year. It's easy to shoot down almost any name that is raised because it's hard to find any decent options. I would be REALLY unhappy with Ryder, sadly ok with Dupuis, apoplectic at trading the #4 for Letang, satisfied with Streit....

Old
06-10-2013, 04:29 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
He didn't fit here at all. He looked worse than Spaling in Trotz system.
In fairness, he hadn't actually decided he could play in the league... played with no belief or confidence. Otherwise, agree. Not a good choice.

On the broader discussion, based on our long track record with GMDP and the junk availbable this year, the highly improbable "big" signing is just that... highly improbable. Other than Arnott and Kariya ( and perhaps Dumont with extenuating circumstances), our big summer UFA signings in 15 years are, what? Lombardi... Bonk.... DeVries? Instead, we are more likely to see:

1. a trade of the solid but unspectacular affairs for which Poile is known (think Brad Bombadier, Danny Markov, Jason York on defense Rem Murray, Mike Sillinger, Peter Tenkrat on offense)
2. an unknown older European signing (Zidlicky sort of fit this bill albeit post trade.... Orszagh)
3. unspectacular "minor" signing that (perhaps) manages to be a pleasantly surprising bandaid (Bonk, Andreas Johansson, Randy Robitaille, Jamie Allison, Lilja*)

Old
06-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post

Maybe in terms of pure offense, otherwise, he's not better than either, and I'm a Pevs fan.

Old
06-10-2013, 08:12 PM
PFL615

I bet Poile grabs some guys no one is talking about. Should be an interesting summer.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:23 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
In fairness, he hadn't actually decided he could play in the league... played with no belief or confidence. Otherwise, agree. Not a good choice.

On the broader discussion, based on our long track record with GMDP and the junk availbable this year, the highly improbable "big" signing is just that... highly improbable. Other than Arnott and Kariya ( and perhaps Dumont with extenuating circumstances), our big summer UFA signings in 15 years are, what? Lombardi... Bonk.... DeVries? Instead, we are more likely to see:

1. a trade of the solid but unspectacular affairs for which Poile is known (think Brad Bombadier, Danny Markov, Jason York on defense Rem Murray, Mike Sillinger, Peter Tenkrat on offense)
2. an unknown older European signing (Zidlicky sort of fit this bill albeit post trade.... Orszagh)
3. unspectacular "minor" signing that (perhaps) manages to be a pleasantly surprising bandaid (Bonk, Andreas Johansson, Randy Robitaille, Jamie Allison, Lilja*)
not really fair to lump all these things together. the team right now is actually in a similar situation as when the arnott and kariya signings and the sullivan trade happened, ie, its pretty clear we are close enough to competitive that a significant upgrade makes sense, and we have the OK from ownership to spend money.

truth is, if we are fully healthy, add forsberg and the #4 pick, we are basically only a 2nd pair dman away from being a solid playoff team, and another top 6 winger from being seriously competitive

Old
06-10-2013, 10:48 PM
braindead

But who is out there to sign at a price Poile is willing to pay? He doesn't rush on July 1 and he is loathe to overpay and I don't see any quality ideas that make him change his stripes. Something more like the sully trade seems much more likely than an equivalent ufa signing.

Closed Thread