HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)

Old
06-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I still haven't seen any official source. This is the only thing I could find so far:
http://fansided.com/2013/06/10/2013-...norris-trophy/
www.sportsnet.ca reported it minutes after Kypreos' tweet

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Subban is the Joffrey (Game of Thrones) of HFboards

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Interlagos Blue
You Had ONE JOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Subban is the Joffrey (Game of Thrones) of HFboards
I see him as a pre-chopped hand Jaime Lannister. Smug, confident the best at what he does. Furthermore nobody respects him as proven constantly by everyone calling him kingslayer and also cause of his wealth. Joffrey is just a whinny little b***h.

Interlagos Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlagos Blue View Post
I see him as a pre-chopped hand Jaime Lannister. Smug, confident the best at what he does. Furthermore nobody respects him as proven constantly by everyone calling him kingslayer and also cause of his wealth. Joffrey is just a whinny little b***h.
I meant hatred wise. No one really hates Jamie (I don't think) but so many people hate Joffrey, although there is cause for it.

side note: Arya is going to be bad ass!

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
so where are the people saying the bridge contract was a great idea
Give it a break homer. MB is doing a great job using the CBA like he should. The owners negotiated to keep RFA status until UFA so teams better use it or we have another mess to clean up and strike when this CBA expires. You want all of our 3rd year players demanding 5 million per year like Edmonton is stuck with? Good way to put your team in salary cap hell.

1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:29 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Wow congrats to pk! He really shut me up this year and took it to another level. If he can be consistent and continue to get better..

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Jillannshabs*

Subban Wins Habs Lose

Sure looks great having a Norris winner, and with Gallagher a strong candidate for the Calder, it seems things are looking up in Montreal, however, we are a mess at center with Pleks and Desharmais our top 2 centers the next few years, , and after seeing a very Ordinary Ottaw teams handle us so easily, if we dont add some skilled players with some size to out top six fowards, this team will continue to e Mediocre for years to come

Jillannshabs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Hermamoud

couris? Is that you?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:43 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Give it a break homer. MB is doing a great job using the CBA like he should. The owners negotiated to keep RFA status until UFA so teams better use it or we have another mess to clean up and strike when this CBA expires. You want all of our 3rd year players demanding 5 million per year like Edmonton is stuck with? Good way to put your team in salary cap hell.
I have no problem with 3rd year FRANCHISE players demanding 5M/year

CaptainIginla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:46 PM
snakeye

Troll thread? Galchenyuk and Eller say hi, the later being out best center at the end of the last season, until he got knocked out in the playoffs. Add to that the Norris winner you're talking about and yeah, the dark days are ahead.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:48 PM
jwolf

We're at the early stages of a building process. Bergevin seems to know what needs to change, but he's not willing to cut corners. He will build through the draft while tweaking the line-up at the NHL level.

It's a great time to be a Habs fan. Be patient.

jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Pretty scary that he could put up those kinds of numbers without a training camp. I really thought it would take him some time to find his game, like most players in his situation.

A little off topic, but who was the last hab to win a norris? Would it be larry robinson? I don't know if Chelios won as a hab. It was a little bit before my time.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillannshabs View Post
Sure looks great having a Norris winner, and with Gallagher a strong candidate for the Calder, it seems things are looking up in Montreal, however, we are a mess at center with Pleks and Desharmais our top 2 centers the next few years, , and after seeing a very Ordinary Ottaw teams handle us so easily, if we dont add some skilled players with some size to out top six fowards, this team will continue to e Mediocre for years to come
You are correct, there is work to be done at the critical middle (centre and goaltending ) positions. Bergevin knows this, he just has to execute in the draft and keep the development program going. Check back in 3 years on the centre position it would shock me if Bergevin hasn't bolstered it through draft and trade moves.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Drydenwasthebest

This past season was exactly why I kept telling people Subban was more valuable than the 1st overall pick in 2012. Nice to be proven right...

I wish Bergevin had given him a better contract, thoug, because Subban will remember the lowball crap salary he was force fed and I do not see any home town discount when his next contract comes up.

Congrats to Subban. Let's hope he gets it again next season!

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Pretty scary that he could put up those kinds of numbers without a training camp. I really thought it would take him some time to find his game, like most players in his situation.

A little off topic, but who was the last hab to win a norris? Would it be larry robinson? I don't know if Chelios won as a hab. It was a little bit before my time.
Chelios in 88-89

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Chelios in 88-89
Does that mean subban is going to be traded next year for a french player who has seen better days?

Old
06-11-2013, 12:15 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Does that mean subban is going to be traded next year for a french player who has seen better days?
Could it be?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Plekanec is a competent centre. He's not someone that should be grouped as part of a "mess".

OTOH, Desharnais was disappointing especially after he signed his new deal. He needs to be better if the habs want to boast 3 balanced lines next year.

Plekanec-Deharnais might look mediocre, but plekanec-desharnais-eller looks better. Their strength at centre is in the depth.

Shore up the 3rd pairing/defensive depth, and try to get a top 6 winger who can take some load off of gionta. Its time to start that transition.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Are you saying that the Habs can't get there? Do you lack confidence in Bergevin? He seems to know what he's doing and the Habs have compiled quite a few extra draft choices. One way or another, I predict there will be upgrades. There may not be a Crosby or Malkin on the horizon but even another Prust or two would be helpful. I also expect the D to be a lot better.

As for the Senators, keep in mind that they weren't so ordinary in the 2011-12 season, when they finished second to the Bruins. Now that they'll have Karlsson and Spezza back the Habs will have to work hard to finish ahead of them in the standings.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
when people watch subban in sochi turning heads out there and helping out the team bigtime, ... and people will have but no CHOICE but to cheer for him and canada, ..THATs when the hate will drop for subban, but until then, gonna hate.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Could it be?
I've laugh so hard that i've wake the whole place

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:58 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
This is true.
oh god

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:02 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
oh no, we need talented and big top 6? what? reeeeeeeeally?

**** off and go post in the hundreds of thread dedicated to exactly this!

seriously. off.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:05 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Also, Bergevin should never have been so stubborn on that bridge deal (his only blip imo so far). We could have had Subban signed at a discount. Short term gain for long term pain. His next contract will cost the Canadiens.

PK definitely deserved it. Happy Letang didn't win it, especially when you take into consideration his defensive game.
Price's contract was a slight blip too imo, but at the end of the day, I'm fine with it. If these are some of the only things we can complain about then things are looking up.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:59 AM
RyanBostonRedsox
Long Live Chappelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm happy he has this attitude...who cares what he'll cost on his next contract. Management wanted him to earn his next lucrative contract, well he did and then some.

Time to ante up on their end...this should be the kind of cheque they sign with a smile on their face
If be surprised if he signs for under $6 million. I'm think right around what Price got ($6.5 million).

RyanBostonRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote