HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2013, 05:33 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
can i ask where this Di Pietro trade scenario came from? Did someone link him with the habs, or sheer nonsense?
I vote for this.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:53 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
can i ask where this Di Pietro trade scenario came from? Did someone link him with the habs, or sheer nonsense?
go read bak those pages plz!!

Old
06-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I still can't believe some people want to deal for this guy...

"Dustin Byfuglien reportedly weighed 302 pounds by the end of the 2013 campaign, according to Jets blogger Pete Tessier.
Byfuglien's fitness levels have been a common source of criticism in the past and it may be hurting his trade value in any potential deals down the road. Coach Claude Noel referred to Byfuglien's play as "up and down" late in the season and if the Jets want to maximize his value then he will have improve his fitness and get more consistent."

Old
06-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Plekanec + 2nd (MTL) for Bobby Ryan is something I could get behind!
Pass, Ryan is overrated and Plekanec is underrated.

Old
06-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post

"Dustin Byfuglien reportedly weighed 302 pounds by the end of the 2013 campaign, according to Jets blogger Pete Tessier.
Byfuglien's fitness levels have been a common source of criticism in the past and it may be hurting his trade value in any potential deals down the road. Coach Claude Noel referred to Byfuglien's play as "up and down" late in the season and if the Jets want to maximize his value then he will have improve his fitness and get more consistent."
Some people just take MOAR BIGGER to the extremes. It's a shame he can't deal with it very well, he's a good hockey player. Honestly though, I can't imagine how you could gain that much weight as a professional hockey player.

Old
06-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Pass, Ryan is overrated and Plekanec is underrated.
Bobby Ryan is far from overrated...

Old
06-11-2013, 08:21 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:

If he stayed in shape consistently he would be a beast, maybe one of the best D in the league. Unfortunately if he hasn't figured that part of the game out at this point, he never will.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Some people just take MOAR BIGGER to the extremes. It's a shame he can't deal with it very well, he's a good hockey player. Honestly though, I can't imagine how you could gain that much weight as a professional hockey player.
Big Butt Buf ate Enstrom.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Big Butt Buf ate Enstrom.
Say goodbye to Desharnais, Gionta, Bouillon, Gallagher and Dumont. This was your plan all along it seems.....

Old
06-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Brainiac

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
About buy-outs, there will be more than you think as the SCap is going down and some teams (Flyers, Vancouver, Boston, etc.) will have to take some measures to stay under the cap.
Some are already in trouble, others will be with upcoming contracts (RFA).
For example: Rask is probably going to get 6-7M and Boston has 5.8M is SCap (after loosing Jagr, Horton, Ference).
Rumor is that Bryz is going to be bought. It is either him or Brière.

Interesting Summer.
Looking at the numbers, I'm quite sure that the Flyers would buy out Briere long before Bryz. Briere's cap hit is high for what he brings now and there's only two years left on his deal. His buyout money would be 3.3M (total!) over 4 years. Bryz is 23M over 14 years.

The Flyers are stuck for the next 1-2 years, after that, the cap will go up. Easy solution: buy out Briere, get 6.5 back in cap hit and it cost only 3.3M total.

Bryz term is ridiculous agreed, but he's a proven goaltender and his cap hit is not that bad. You still need a goalie anyway. Help him with some defense and see what happens.

That's what I mean when I say we can forget about these 10-20M buyouts. Most teams have an underperforming player with little money owed. These will go long before the big contracts.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Looking at the numbers, I'm quite sure that the Flyers would buy out Briere long before Bryz. Briere's cap hit is high for what he brings now and there's only two years left on his deal. His buyout money would be 3.3M (total!) over 4 years. Bryz is 23M over 14 years.

The Flyers are stuck for the next 1-2 years, after that, the cap will go up. Easy solution: buy out Briere, get 6.5 back in cap hit and it cost only 3.3M total.

Bryz term is ridiculous agreed, but he's a proven goaltender and his cap hit is not that bad. You still need a goalie anyway. Help him with some defense and see what happens.

That's what I mean when I say we can forget about these 10-20M buyouts. Most teams have an underperforming player with little money owed. These will go long before the big contracts.
As exciting as they may be to follow, Holmgren and Sather really screw with a lot of teams and the salary balance in the NHL with the contracts they give out. Obviously there are more examples but these two really grind my gears.

Who gives Bryz that kind of term or money? Ridiculous.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:02 AM
PanicAttack

Quote:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...spiration.html

Thought #27

Old
06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Bobby Ryan is far from overrated...
He is because...

1-he's been in rumors for the last 5 years and people see him as a big young guy so he must be great.

2-his production/numbers get a sizeable bump from playing with Getzlaf and Perry usually. When he isn't on their line he's a 50-55 point guy(+- a few points).

Old
06-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
If he stayed in shape consistently he would be a beast, maybe one of the best D in the league. Unfortunately if he hasn't figured that part of the game out at this point, he never will.
He would also need to upgrade his defensive game. He has a lot of size and skill but his overall production falls way short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post

Briere to me is a no brainer. Bryzgalov would surprise me but sort of wouldn't. Maybe their best option with Bryz is some kind of trade for another bad contract(Fleury?).

Quote:
As exciting as they may be to follow, Holmgren and Sather really screw with a lot of teams and the salary balance in the NHL with the contracts they give out. Obviously there are more examples but these two really grind my gears.

Who gives Bryz that kind of term or money? Ridiculous.
Holmgren to me is massively overrated on here. Most of Phillie's big assets were there before he arrived and he's not shown he can take them to the next level. He's shown "balls" with a few deals, but as a GM brains beats balls all week and twice on Sundays.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:58 PM
24get

vCash: 50
Flyers still have two compliance buy-outs.
In that case, no SCap impact for the team, just for the league SCap.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
He is because...

1-he's been in rumors for the last 5 years and people see him as a big young guy so he must be great.

2-his production/numbers get a sizeable bump from playing with Getzlaf and Perry usually. When he isn't on their line he's a 50-55 point guy(+- a few points).
Ryan doesn't even play on the top line for your info, he plays on the 2nd line with Selanne and Koivu

I don't think he's overrated, far from it. And the reason they would move him is probably because of the 2 big contracts they just handed to Perry and Getzlaf

Old
06-11-2013, 01:17 PM
SnapVirus

Brian Gionta + David Desharnais + 2nd pick

vs

Bobby Ryan

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Ryan
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Koivu (UFA) - Bourque

Everything ends well

Old
06-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post

vs

Bobby Ryan

Everything ends well
At the end of the day the Ducks are better off keeping Ryan and signing Koivu

Doubt this intrigues them

Old
06-11-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Say goodbye to Desharnais, Gionta, Bouillon, Gallagher and Dumont. This was your plan all along it seems.....
Gallagher would put up too much of a fight. He can eat the others and take their cap hit with them. I actually like Boullion and 7th dman and Dumont as 14th F.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

Really? He had 81 points in 109 games last 2 seasons playing D against high quality QoC, good skater for size, good playoff history, while having this fitness issue. Now imagine if someone fixes that flaw - which happens to be much feasible to solve than teaching a player how to actually play the game.

We have people defending and wanting to keep centers who had 88 points in 129 games playing sheltered C against low quality Qoc, average skater for size, poor playoff history, while having size/strength versatility issues.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:55 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post

vs

Bobby Ryan

Everything ends well
When did Mike Milbury take over as GM for the Ducks!?

This is a great deal, if you're a Habs fan. It's a kick to the d1ck if you're a Ducks fan.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Really? He had 81 points in 109 games last 2 seasons playing D against high quality QoC, good skater for size, good playoff history, while having this fitness issue. Now imagine if someone fixes that flaw - which happens to be much feasible to solve than teaching a player how to actually play the game.

We have people defending and wanting to keep centers who had 88 points in 129 games playing sheltered C against low quality Qoc, average skater for size, poor playoff history, while having size/strength versatility issues.
Man Byfuglien would be great. Though I have a feeling that he would be such a polarizing figure here. We all know how much the Montreal media loves to run with stories regarding a player's character. The weight issue, his supposed attitude issues and laziness would be taken up as narrative so quickly by our media the moment he falters.

He's a very unique player in this league. I don't know why the Jets would want to move him, but if they are willing, the Habs should be all ears. Dudley brought him to Atlanta

Old
06-11-2013, 02:10 PM
le_sean

Hmm Stalberg seems to be scratched for Game One of the Finals. I see him moving on from Chicago in the summer, but do we want a guy that was scratched in the most important games?

Old
06-11-2013, 02:10 PM

First piece of business that MB needs to take care of is Carey Price. If he actually wants out of Mtl, then we need to maximize the return. If not, then he is our goalie and we need to get a top notch goalie coach. If we do have to trade him I would call Florida first to try to wrangle the 2nd pick and make the deal larger to get Gudbranson and Matthias. We could add Diaz or Gorges and Kristo or a 2nd. We would then have to trade for Mike Smiths rights from Phoenix. Deal DD and Diaz for a 2nd and his rights. Our future centers would be MacKinnon, Galchenyuk and Eller once Pleks deal is up. Trade a third for Bickells rights if Chicago can't sign him.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:11 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Hmm Stalberg seems to be scratched for Game One of the Finals. I see him moving on from Chicago in the summer, but do we want a guy that was scratched in the most important games?
He is young, fast and has size, but their board has said he has done nothing in the playoffs this year...

Closed Thread