HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Buyout Candidates and Their New Homes?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2013, 10:02 AM
  #76
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
If Briere is bought out the Sens will definitely be in on him.
Would never happen Brieres ex wife lives in Philadelphia and that's why he does'nt want to leave the area the only teams that i see Briere accepting to are the New Jersey Devils and possibly Washington Capitals as there not to far from Philadelphia and he wants to be as close as possible to his kids I think he goes to New Jersey when he's boughtout.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:08 AM
  #77
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
My money is on Brierre in NJ with Buff, NYI and Det as other likely destinations
Danny Briere to NJ make the most sense, Since it's the closest to Philadelphia where his ex wife and children live.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:37 AM
  #78
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Would never happen Brieres ex wife lives in Philadelphia and that's why he does'nt want to leave the area the only teams that i see Briere accepting to are the New Jersey Devils and possibly Washington Capitals as there not to far from Philadelphia and he wants to be as close as possible to his kids I think he goes to New Jersey when he's boughtout.
But he played in Berlin during the lockout. Perhaps he doesn't care as much as we all think?

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:39 AM
  #79
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
You could, but Briere would lose out on millions of dollars by agreeing to be traded.
True. That's...probably unfortunate for the Sens.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:44 AM
  #80
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
As far as FL ownership not known to throw money away, that is entirely untrue. They have actually done 4 buyouts since the previous CBA allowed for them (Matt Bradley, Ville Koistinen, Brett McLean, & Jozef Stumpel). I dont see them being too involved in the free agent market this yr so any of these other buyout candidates probably wont end up with the Panthers.

They have, however, been smart in always doing it when 1 yr remains on the deal, which basically eliminates the idea of an Upshall buyout. Buying out Clemmensen with 1 yr remaining would only cost the team $866,667 spread over 2 years or $433K on average. If they can get Theodore re-signed to a 1 yr deal around $1.25M, then they would absolutely consider a buyout of Clemmensen.

For who would be interested in Clemmensen, it really depends on what other goaltending moves occur this summer. But I'm sure there's a team that could sign him for around $750K-$1M to be a backup in the league still.
Florida will also be looking at buying out

-Upshall (5 points in 27 games this past season with 3.5 million (cap hit and actual salary) x 2 years is a terrible contract)

JovoCop (4.125 cap hit (4.25/4 in actual salary) x 2 years for an injury prone slow broken down Dman is terrible value)

I'm hoping the Leafs can trade their compliance buyout Dman Komisarek who only has 1 year remaining at 4.5 cap hit (3.5 actual salary which is what Florida will be concerned about) for one of these two worse contracts and get a sweetener like a pick/prospect for it.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:46 AM
  #81
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 500
I haven't seen a real list of potential buyouts; so I made my own:

Anaheim: Allen, Bryan
Boston: Peverley, Rich, Kelly, Chris (unlikely)
Chicago: Montador, Steve
Colorado: O'Brien, Shane
Dallas: Cole, Erik
Detroit: Samuelsson, Mikael
Edmonton: Horcoff, Shawn
Florida: Jovanovski, Ed
Los Angeles: Mitchell, Willie
Minnesota: Heatley, Dany
Montreal: Kaberle, Tomas
Nashville: Gill, Hal
New Jersey: Volchenkov, Anton, Talinder, Henrik
NY Rangers: Richards, Brad (unlikely)
Philadelphia: Briere, Danny, Bryzgalov, Ilya
San Jose: Havlat, Martin
St. Louis: Bouwmeester, Jay
Tampa Bay: Malone, Ryan, Ohlund, Mattias
Vancouver: Booth, David, Ballard, Keith
Washington: Erat, Martin

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:47 AM
  #82
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
no horcoff to detroit thankyou very much
He would fit in well in Detroit thank you very much.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:00 AM
  #83
No Good Names Left
Registered User
 
No Good Names Left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Mact already stated he's not buying out hemsky or horcoff. Said we can't get rid of them for nothing...

No Good Names Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:01 AM
  #84
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Good Names Left View Post
Mact already stated he's not buying out hemsky or horcoff. Said we can't get rid of them for nothing...
I can't wait to see what he gets in a trade for Horcoff. He'll have to eat a nice portion and take back another crap contract I would guess.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:04 PM
  #85
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
I haven't seen a real list of potential buyouts; so I made my own:

Anaheim: Allen, Bryan
Boston: Peverley, Rich, Kelly, Chris (unlikely)
Chicago: Montador, Steve
Colorado: O'Brien, Shane
Dallas: Cole, Erik
Detroit: Samuelsson, Mikael
Edmonton: Horcoff, Shawn
Florida: Jovanovski, Ed
Los Angeles: Mitchell, Willie
Minnesota: Heatley, Dany
Montreal: Kaberle, Tomas
Nashville: Gill, Hal
New Jersey: Volchenkov, Anton, Talinder, Henrik
NY Rangers: Richards, Brad (unlikely)
Philadelphia: Briere, Danny, Bryzgalov, Ilya
San Jose: Havlat, Martin
St. Louis: Bouwmeester, Jay
Tampa Bay: Malone, Ryan, Ohlund, Mattias
Vancouver: Booth, David, Ballard, Keith
Washington: Erat, Martin
Again someone needs to read the rules on the buyouts. You have like 8 or so injured players on your list. Unless these guys are healthy by the end of this month or just before Camp. Some are very unlikely to be by this time, most won't be bought out.

I think Vancouver sticks with Booth one more year and takes their chances next season with him rebounding. Though Ballard will most likely be bought out, I say it's a shame since he's still a quality Dman he will get a decent chance at a lower salary with a team in need of some experienced D. Minny would make sense since he's a local and they need some experienced depth who can fill a Top 4 role barring massive improvements from prospects.

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:08 PM
  #86
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
He would fit in well in Detroit thank you very much.
where would he fit in well?

do we bump helm down to the fourth line?
do we dump andersson back to the ahl?
do we put horcoff on the 2nd line?
do we abandon all hopes of getting better not just next year but for the next 5 years?

you can not just assume your teams player and top buy out candidate is gonna make another team better, a team that has no need, again absolutely no need for botom 6 non-physical players

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:27 PM
  #87
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
I haven't seen a real list of potential buyouts; so I made my own:

Anaheim: Allen, Bryan
Boston: Peverley, Rich, Kelly, Chris (unlikely)
Chicago: Montador, Steve
Colorado: O'Brien, Shane
Dallas: Cole, Erik
Detroit: Samuelsson, Mikael
Edmonton: Horcoff, Shawn
Florida: Jovanovski, Ed
Los Angeles: Mitchell, Willie
Minnesota: Heatley, Dany
Montreal: Kaberle, Tomas
Nashville: Gill, Hal
New Jersey: Volchenkov, Anton, Talinder, Henrik
NY Rangers: Richards, Brad (unlikely)
Philadelphia: Briere, Danny, Bryzgalov, Ilya
San Jose: Havlat, Martin
St. Louis: Bouwmeester, Jay
Tampa Bay: Malone, Ryan, Ohlund, Mattias
Vancouver: Booth, David, Ballard, Keith
Washington: Erat, Martin
Since Injured players can not be boughtout Mattias Ohlund has only 2 options either stay on LTIR for the next few years or retire he cant be boughtout.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:31 PM
  #88
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
where would he fit in well?

do we bump helm down to the fourth line?
do we dump andersson back to the ahl?
do we put horcoff on the 2nd line?
do we abandon all hopes of getting better not just next year but for the next 5 years?

you can not just assume your teams player and top buy out candidate is gonna make another team better, a team that has no need, again absolutely no need for botom 6 non-physical players
Agree we just have to much talent coming up, That we sure do not need Horcoffs $5.5M salary taking up space it's not like that if we add him to the team that it makes us a Cup Contender we still need to add several more pieces to be competitive again.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:35 PM
  #89
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
But he played in Berlin during the lockout. Perhaps he doesn't care as much as we all think?
That's true but that was only for the lockout not for a possible career move there's a big difference there. But if Ottawa still offers him the most money i'm sure he wont turn it down.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:41 PM
  #90
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Again someone needs to read the rules on the buyouts. You have like 8 or so injured players on your list. Unless these guys are healthy by the end of this month or just before Camp. Some are very unlikely to be by this time, most won't be bought out.

I think Vancouver sticks with Booth one more year and takes their chances next season with him rebounding. Though Ballard will most likely be bought out, I say it's a shame since he's still a quality Dman he will get a decent chance at a lower salary with a team in need of some experienced D. Minny would make sense since he's a local and they need some experienced depth who can fill a Top 4 role barring massive improvements from prospects.
I won't pretend to know about the status of most other teams in the league; I just went by capgeek, looking at available cap space, and players that looked like they didn't perform this season. A lot of guesswork involved, but I'm interested to see fans of each team give their input and get an idea of who else they think could be on the list.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:48 PM
  #91
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
KingsFan7824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
I haven't seen a real list of potential buyouts; so I made my own:

Anaheim: Allen, Bryan
Boston: Peverley, Rich, Kelly, Chris (unlikely)
Chicago: Montador, Steve
Colorado: O'Brien, Shane
Dallas: Cole, Erik
Detroit: Samuelsson, Mikael
Edmonton: Horcoff, Shawn
Florida: Jovanovski, Ed
Los Angeles: Mitchell, Willie
Minnesota: Heatley, Dany
Montreal: Kaberle, Tomas
Nashville: Gill, Hal
New Jersey: Volchenkov, Anton, Talinder, Henrik
NY Rangers: Richards, Brad (unlikely)
Philadelphia: Briere, Danny, Bryzgalov, Ilya
San Jose: Havlat, Martin
St. Louis: Bouwmeester, Jay
Tampa Bay: Malone, Ryan, Ohlund, Mattias
Vancouver: Booth, David, Ballard, Keith
Washington: Erat, Martin
Mitchell was hurt all year. If he's healthy, the Kings won't get rid of him. If he can't come back, he won't be bought out, but the Kings would put him on LTIR, he gets his money, and the Kings use the cap space some other way.

KingsFan7824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:54 PM
  #92
Pyrophorus
Registered User
 
Pyrophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeziaTML View Post
Why on Earth would we buy out Liles?
People are all on this bandwagon, that Grabo should be bought out/traded as well.

Both will be back with the team next season.

Pyrophorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:59 PM
  #93
Pyrophorus
Registered User
 
Pyrophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
We need him in Toronto, he may not be the number 1 center we're looking for but damn he comes close. He would be the perfect replacement for Bozak.
At this point, he may not be an upgrade.
Rather take a chance on Briere.

Pyrophorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:01 PM
  #94
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust
 
Scott Scissons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 541
vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Why is that?
Family issues.

Scott Scissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:02 PM
  #95
Pyrophorus
Registered User
 
Pyrophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Florida will also be looking at buying out

-Upshall (5 points in 27 games this past season with 3.5 million (cap hit and actual salary) x 2 years is a terrible contract)

JovoCop (4.125 cap hit (4.25/4 in actual salary) x 2 years for an injury prone slow broken down Dman is terrible value)

I'm hoping the Leafs can trade their compliance buyout Dman Komisarek who only has 1 year remaining at 4.5 cap hit (3.5 actual salary which is what Florida will be concerned about) for one of these two worse contracts and get a sweetener like a pick/prospect for it.
Have to be a hell of a sweetener, for these guys to sit in the press box.

Pyrophorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:03 PM
  #96
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust
 
Scott Scissons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 541
vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
But he played in Berlin during the lockout. Perhaps he doesn't care as much as we all think?
Because it was the lockout and maybe Berlin was his best choice. He probably winds up with a team in the Tri-State Area. Buffalo is probably not an option because it 6-7+ hours from PHI to BUff.

Scott Scissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:12 PM
  #97
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Nah, I don't think so. Even thou he had a terrible year, he's still an okay-ish backup and the ownership isn't known to throw money away.

Kuba on the other hand, I doubt it, but IMO more likely would be to trade him for a similar struggling forward with a year left.

Upshall, he's still an okay-ish 3rd liner, most of the teams just don't want him at 3.5 per year. Maybe someone will be interested if FLA would retain something around 1-1.5 of his salary.

Savard has one of his "big money" years left after this one, I'd guess he retires after that one in 2014 July.

Czech league bound IMO.

I thought he was injured and couldn't be bought out?

And no, I don't think FLA has interest.


Clemmensen will be gone! He's horrible. I think ownership would rather resign Theo to mentor Markstrom than keep Clemmer. He really is horrible.
Upshall needs to go! He's a waste of money and a roster spot. He's too damn injury prone and I'd much rather bring in someone else or let our youth take his spot.
Kuba can go as well, although I would be interested in seeing how he does with a 100% healthy D-core. Petrovic needs to be in the lineup because he's shown great strides in his short stint with the team. Kulikov and Gudbranson will be healthy. Jovo is unknown,although he stated that he isn't ready to retire and is going to work really hard to improve next season.
I also wouldn't mind seeing Tallon bring in Heatley for the right price. The kid has skills, that's for sure. Our offense would look pretty sick with a healthy roster, bringing in Heatley,resigning Weiss,drafting Mackinnon and possibly having Bjugstad,Howden, and Trojceck make the team. I trust in Dale so we'll see what draft day brings.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:21 PM
  #98
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 23,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Maybe he sits out that 1.5 year too, maybe.

But those two 575k years? I seriously doubt it. When he retires, if not Boston, then some other team will hire him at a front office (scout, ass. coach at minors, involved in developing young players etc.) position where he'll earn something close to that amount of money.

Don't think you understand what scouts make, why would he turn down two years that add up to a million dollars. If he really wants to do one of those other things, he can tell the Bruins he would like to do it while being paid if he is feeling over the top honorable. I just see no reason for him to retire. A million dollars when you aren't going to earn it again.... Um yeah that is a very big deal, guess you started Nokia or something to scoff at that.

You might be able to say money shouldn't matter to a guy like Jagr, but the simple truth is these dollars matter to your family, they matter to your kids families. You can take discounts and whatever else that is your choice, but you aren't going to turn down a million dollars for no reason at all.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:27 PM
  #99
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Have to be a hell of a sweetener, for these guys to sit in the press box.
They wouldn't be sitting in the pressbox. They'd be getting bought out immediately something the Leafs can afford to easily do but the Panthers can't.

The 31st overall pick seem reasonable as compensation (although we might have to ship them our 3rd or 4th).

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:39 PM
  #100
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Clemmensen will be gone! He's horrible. I think ownership would rather resign Theo to mentor Markstrom than keep Clemmer. He really is horrible.
Upshall needs to go! He's a waste of money and a roster spot. He's too damn injury prone and I'd much rather bring in someone else or let our youth take his spot.
Kuba can go as well, although I would be interested in seeing how he does with a 100% healthy D-core. Petrovic needs to be in the lineup because he's shown great strides in his short stint with the team. Kulikov and Gudbranson will be healthy. Jovo is unknown,although he stated that he isn't ready to retire and is going to work really hard to improve next season.
I also wouldn't mind seeing Tallon bring in Heatley for the right price. The kid has skills, that's for sure. Our offense would look pretty sick with a healthy roster, bringing in Heatley,resigning Weiss,drafting Mackinnon and possibly having Bjugstad,Howden, and Trojceck make the team. I trust in Dale so we'll see what draft day brings.
Kuba for Heatley?

Both have 1 year left on their contract.

Minny saves 3.5 in cap space and gets a useful 2nd pairing dman in return.

Florida only adds in .8 in real dollars to their payroll and the cap hit of 7.5 doesn't matter cause they aren't anywhere near the cap ceiling.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.