Predict the flames first trade this offseason

Old
06-10-2013, 10:15 PM
herashak

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Yea but he isn't a top 9 skater.
i don't know, he seems to only be good at skating, and throwing the occasional hit.

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:17 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
i don't know, he seems to only be good at skating, and throwing the occasional hit.
Ok if it makes you feel better lets say Jackman can skate circles around Heatley.

My point is Heatley can't skate at all.

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:21 PM
herashak

Quote:
Ok if it makes you feel better lets say Jackman can skate circles around Heatley.

My point is Heatley can't skate at all.
the guy can set up high slot and clap bombs though

Old
06-10-2013, 10:24 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
the guy can set up high slot and clap bombs though
Great it will only take him all shift to get there. We don't need a slow one dimensional shooter with a poor contract, I would rather give the spot to a rookie then waste it on Heatley.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:27 PM
herashak

Quote:
Great it will only take him all shift to get there. We don't need a slow one dimensional shooter with a poor contract, I would rather give the spot to a rookie then waste it on Heatley.
he isn't much slower than iggy

Old
06-10-2013, 10:30 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Yes he really is and he isn't nearly as good of a play maker. We moved away from Iginla getting a ****** replacement isn't the answer to any of our problems.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:38 PM
herashak

i dont even want to trade for him im just saying

Old
06-11-2013, 10:02 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
i wish heatley comes to calgary. it would be nice to see a calgary native play for the flames for once, and who knows he could come back with a bounce back season
If he couldnt get it done with Thornton or with Parise/Koivu as his go-to guys. How is he going to get it done with Backlund and Stajan as his #1 and #2 centers?

Do. Not. Want. Heatley.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:07 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
He makes Iginla look like the Rocket. Heatley is dead slow.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:19 AM
RaginStajan
Pineapple Express

vCash: 102
I want Heatley of '07.

RaginStajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Volica
150lbs of Playoffs

vCash: 550
I'd take Heatley. But not for Heatley; for the prospect or for the pick we get along with him. Wouldn't mind getting one of their higher tier guys at all, or a second rounder.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:06 AM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
If he couldnt get it done with Thornton or with Parise/Koivu as his go-to guys. How is he going to get it done with Backlund and Stajan as his #1 and #2 centers?

Do. Not. Want. Heatley.
Heatley never played with Parise and Koivu, from my understanding he was relegated to 2nd and 3rd line duties this season.

But in 2011-12 he had 24 goals and 53 points on the lowest scoring team in the NHL. And in his 2 years in San Jose he had 65 goals & 146 points in 162 games.

Not nearly as bad as you make him out to be.

100 Third Graders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 12:06 PM
BVicious

Heatley is not needed on this team. We are better off filling in spots from within, sucking, assessing what sucked and making moves based on the assessment.

The only trades we should make are for players 26 and younger, or draft picks. Establish a new core and aquire players to build around the core.

Also look at the final four and what their 3rd/4th line players can bring. We should build towards their model.

The flames should not go about trading for anyone over the post apex age, and should not be signing any of the ufa's available this year. Next year is a better crop.

BVicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 12:07 PM
saillias

6th overall for

Oli Jokinen

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
BVicious

Taking on cap dumps is different as we are lead to believe we can get assets for cap dumps.

If teams have cash to buy out, and don't need to attach an asset in a deal they will simply buy out the player. However, their are teams that will have cap issues and have buy-out targets who still have value.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
DBU
C of Red

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
6th overall for

Oli Jokinen
Get out

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 12:22 PM
saillias

I saw about a page of posts saying they want Heatley so I thought we were all trolling here.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 12:34 PM
DBU
C of Red

vCash: 232

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:56 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
Heatley is not needed on this team. We are better off filling in spots from within, sucking, assessing what sucked and making moves based on the assessment.

The only trades we should make are for players 26 and younger, or draft picks. Establish a new core and aquire players to build around the core.

Also look at the final four and what their 3rd/4th line players can bring. We should build towards their model.

The flames should not go about trading for anyone over the post apex age, and should not be signing any of the ufa's available this year. Next year is a better crop.
Great more accepting losing and it's the answer ********. Yes, let's create a losing atmosphere like the losers to the north!

100 Third Graders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
I saw about a page of posts saying they want Heatley so I thought we were all trolling here.
The point of taking Heatley is acquiring another asset as a "thank you for taking this bad contract"

Think along the lines of Dany Heatley and a 2nd round pick for a 5th round pick.

He's not here to help the team win; he's here to collect a paycheque during the rebuild. If he helps the team win/succeed then hey, bonus.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
The point of taking Heatley is acquiring another asset as a "thank you for taking this bad contract"

Think along the lines of Dany Heatley and a 2nd round pick for a 5th round pick.

He's not here to help the team win; he's here to collect a paycheque during the rebuild. If he helps the team win/succeed then hey, bonus.
I would do a few of these to get more young assets and speed up the rebuild. We can also deal him at the trade deadline for another asset.

1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:06 PM
BVicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Great more accepting losing and it's the answer ********. Yes, let's create a losing atmosphere like the losers to the north!
Where did I say anything about losing?

People wanted a rebuild so we are rebuilding. Now they want to sign ufa's to stupid contracts so we can finish 10th if we're lucky?

How bout giving our prospects a chance at cracking the lineup instead of filling these spots with more Tanguay's, Stempniaks etc.

If we want to rebuild, we need decent draft picks and players 26 and under.

Stemps, Tangs, Hudler, Cammy, Stajan and Glencross are enough 26+ yr old forwards we need. Pretty sure they will be playing top six minutes.

So lets put Backlund, Baertschi, Reinhart, etc in roles they shouldn't be so they can develope into Boyd, Lombardi and the rest of our flops.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:16 PM
AfricanHerbsman

What if we trade tangs to col for 32nd and jones with his 4 mil contract, then package 32 and 28 or 32 and 22 to move up to say....18th ish? Then we could draft monahan gauthier and Erne and solve all our problems. Jones is a RW and he is physical big and has scored 20 goals. In the draft we get some good young centres and add another RW to the system. Monahan has 1st line potential and a solid two way game and is big. Gauthier is even bigger at 6'5 and is the best defensive forward in the draft and one scout said in the last 20 years! Gauthier is also amazing at face offs a nice plus. Erne is another big physical scorer/power forward and is a RW which is arguably the weakest position in the flames system. A first line of Sven Monahan Erne would be toooo sick in a few years!

AfricanHerbsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

I could see a deal with the red wings happening at the draft around something like:

Calgary:
Pick #22
Pick #28

Detroit:
Pick #18
Pick #48
Valterri Filpula's rights
(Conditional 3rd in 2014 if Filpula does not sign)

I know most wont like the idea of Filpula but Feaster sounded desperate to upgrade the C position at the end of the year press conferance and Filpula is really the type of play Feaster would target. He has the connection with Hudler, he is better than any C we have right now, he is 29 so Feaster can sell that he's "still under 30" and thus fits into the rebuild. Filpula I could also see signing here, we would be able to offer him a bigger role than what he had in Detroit and more money ala hudler last offseason

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:17 AM
Anglesmith
Y'no like wadda guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
I know most wont like the idea of Filpula but Feaster sounded desperate to upgrade the C position at the end of the year press conferance and Filpula is really the type of play Feaster would target. He has the connection with Hudler, he is better than any C we have right now, he is 29 so Feaster can sell that he's "still under 30" and thus fits into the rebuild. Filpula I could also see signing here, we would be able to offer him a bigger role than what he had in Detroit and more money ala hudler last offseason
Just my initial impression, but Filpula just seems like a Backlund clone. We're desperate for a number 1 centre, but any centres who aren't that I think we can produce from our roster already. Backlund and Stajan; Cammy if we need him to play centre...

It's true that we'd like to upgrade centre, but Filpula seems to be more of a lateral shift than an upgrade. On the other hand, given a few years, our first round picks could provide the upgrade we need.

Also, I think that Detroit would view the trade of 18 + 48 for our two late firsts as a fair deal, and probably wouldn't want to lose anything else in the deal.

Anglesmith is offline   Reply With Quote