HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Start Huet Saturday

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2006, 12:19 AM
  #51
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He is.

Huet, however, has not shown he is ready to give it up.

Hence, they will platoon.

My guess is Huet against Ottawa, but I would neither be shocked nor scandalized to see Aebischer.

I don't think there is a goalie controversy in Carbo's mind. I think he knows precisely what he wants to do. The media and fans, however, will have great fun speculating.

Well Huet will have to answer the bell with the way Aebischer has started the season. Hopefully they push each other all season. I am not usually a fan at all over having two multi-million goalies for fighting for the starting job on the same team from the very start, but it might work out well in the end.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 12:20 AM
  #52
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Guys, guys, guys. Come on now. Yes, Aebischer played well and won us a shootout victory over the Leafs who aren't exactly an elite team, but he played amazing that game, as did Huet in the shootout loss to Buffalo who is leaps and bounds above the Leafs and the Flyers. Aebischer got the win tonight against Philly, but didn't win us the game or stand on his head as he faced 29 shots. The team is playing better as we get more games under our belts under our new coach. Winning two games is not, in my book a hot hand. There hasn't been enough time into the season to determine who has a hot hand. Both of our golatenders are top notch and I'm banking on Carbo going with Huet in the home opener. This time of year it's all about evaluating and improving. If Huet doesn't play he won't be able to prove himself. Heck, he looked spectacular to me in a shootout vs Buffalo. The first game of the year is different, in that, you don't know what to expect. Habs played poor defensively infront of Huet in game one, but skated well upfront. Give it a chance. There's no such thing as a hot hand 3 games into the season. Let's see how their records are after 10 games each. I love both goaltenders.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 12:20 AM
  #53
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
aeby has stolen the job i think...huey better get used to chewing gum and combing his hair...

That is my hunch as well right now. Will be interesting to see if that is the case.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 12:50 AM
  #54
Lestriker
Registered User
 
Lestriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Funny how fast it goes huh?

I clearly remember that on opening night last year, the habs forgot to present Huet to the crowd in their 05-06 lineup... The guy was standing there with his jersey on, waiting for his name to be pronounced and his name never came up.

I'd go with Aebischer. But Huet will get the start.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 01:20 AM
  #55
Nols_bro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
oh goalie contraversy

at least this is a good problem...unlike edmontons problem last year.

I say you hafta start huet for the home opener, for the hell of the season he had last year.
I like the fact of them two fighting it out for the position, so lets just keep our eyes peel.

Nols_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 01:30 AM
  #56
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Aebischer should play until he has one average game. Putting some pressure on Huet will only do good.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 01:34 AM
  #57
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
While I'm not a huge fan of Aebischer, he's definitely impressed me a lot in his first two games this season and I'm starting to feel very happy that Gainey kept him around. I know I was pushing for him to move Aebischer in the off-season to let Danis be the backup (and I still think he is good enough to play in the NHL), but right now I love the security of having three goalies that have the ability to be decent starters.

With that said, I'll be very, very disappointed if Cristobal Huet doesn't start the next game. After our first game of the season against Buffalo, Carbonneau decided to start Aebischer in the next game - not because of Huet's performance, but because we had games in back to back night's and he thought it makes more sense to take advantage of the fact that we have two good goaltenders. Aebischer played great against Toronto in a game we didn't deserve to win and he was solid tonight against Philadelphia, but I thought Huet was very good against Buffalo - a far superior team to the Flyers and Leafs. This isn't simply a case of playing the hot hand because as I see it, Huet is not "cold" in any way.

If Carbonneau wants to alternate goalies only after every loss or when there are games on consecutive nights, that's fine by me - a little competition can only help bring out the best in both Huet and Aebischer - but Huet deserves to start in the home opener. What he did for this team last season was amazing and I'd hate to see him deprived of starting our first game at the Bell Centre this year. He entered the season as #1A and his performance has in no way given anyone a reason to doubt that. Aebischer is a good goalie, I'm glad to have him on the team, and I expect him to start a decent number of games this season, but Cristobal Huet should be between the pipes on Saturday night.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 01:38 AM
  #58
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,594
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Guys, guys, guys. Come on now. Yes, Aebischer played well and won us a shootout victory over the Leafs who aren't exactly an elite team, but he played amazing that game, as did Huet in the shootout loss to Buffalo who is leaps and bounds above the Leafs and the Flyers. Aebischer got the win tonight against Philly, but didn't win us the game or stand on his head as he faced 29 shots. The team is playing better as we get more games under our belts under our new coach. Winning two games is not, in my book a hot hand. There hasn't been enough time into the season to determine who has a hot hand. Both of our golatenders are top notch and I'm banking on Carbo going with Huet in the home opener. This time of year it's all about evaluating and improving. If Huet doesn't play he won't be able to prove himself. Heck, he looked spectacular to me in a shootout vs Buffalo. The first game of the year is different, in that, you don't know what to expect. Habs played poor defensively infront of Huet in game one, but skated well upfront. Give it a chance. There's no such thing as a hot hand 3 games into the season. Let's see how their records are after 10 games each. I love both goaltenders.
i dont think RDS agrees with you..

look at the headline..
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/214773.html

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 01:57 AM
  #59
saskhab
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Saskatoon
Posts: 994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Didn't we use Aebby play and win the last few games against the Sens last season?
Yeah, but it's a new season like everyone says. So, we throw out last season completely. Therefore, Ottawa is a terrible team that is last in the division. Might be as good of time as any to throw our bad backup (Huet) in there and give our amazing Vezina Candidate starter (Aebischer) a night off.

saskhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:21 AM
  #60
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
i dont think RDS agrees with you..

look at the headline..
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/214773.html
And I don't agree with RDS. What's your point?

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:22 AM
  #61
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab View Post
Yeah, but it's a new season like everyone says. So, we throw out last season completely. Therefore, Ottawa is a terrible team that is last in the division. Might be as good of time as any to throw our bad backup (Huet) in there and give our amazing Vezina Candidate starter (Aebischer) a night off.
well put.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:26 AM
  #62
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,594
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
And I don't agree with RDS. What's your point?

and TSN... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=180493&hubname=

want me to continue?
He obviously was the key to the win if they put it on their site...were talking about Toronto sports network here saying something good about a Habs player.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:30 AM
  #63
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,594
vCash: 50
taken from NHL.com

"Montreal owes this one to Aebischer, who was stellar in earning his second win of the season in another hostile environment. The Flyers couldn't slip one past on the power play, wasting all eight chances, including an 0-for-4 effort in the first period."

go here.. read teh title of the article.. yup, ur right, abby wasnt that great.. http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=5244

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:31 AM
  #64
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
and TSN... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=180493&hubname=

want me to continue?
He obviously was the key to the win if they put it on their site...were talking about Toronto sports network here saying something good about a Habs player.
TSN and RDS are sister stations. Of course they'll agree on the sporting news issues. I still don't see your point. They have their opinion and I have mine. You have yet to voice yours. If TSN and RDS want to voice theirs into debate with me I'll gladly oblige. Unless you're a representing body of TSN stick to your own thoughts and opinions.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:31 AM
  #65
Le Maroons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,599
vCash: 500
Huet starts on Saturday.

Why do people keep bringing up last season? Easy, that's because this season isn't old enough. Sure, Aebischer played well for 2 games but that doesn't make him number one, and he certainly does not deserve 3 of the first 4 games of the year.

I'm surprised nobody has talked about Huet looking injured in the shootout vs. Buffalo. Aebischer got the next start and played well, so why not rest Huet for a week. Aebischer played well again vs. the Flyers but I doubt very much he'll be playing again Saturday, if he does it's because Huet is injured.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:35 AM
  #66
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
Huet starts on Saturday.

Why do people keep bringing up last season? Easy, that's because this season isn't old enough. Sure, Aebischer played well for 2 games but that doesn't make him number one, and he certainly does not deserve 3 of the first 4 games of the year.

I'm surprised nobody has talked about Huet looking injured in the shootout vs. Buffalo. Aebischer got the next start and played well, so why not rest Huet for a week. Aebischer played well again vs. the Flyers but I doubt very much he'll be playing again Saturday, if he does it's because Huet is injured.
I agree with you whole-heartedly. I look for Carbo to split the load between goalies all season with Huet getting about 50-55 starts. Good point about the shootout injury possibility.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:37 AM
  #67
Le Maroons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
and TSN... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=180493&hubname=

want me to continue?
He obviously was the key to the win if they put it on their site...were talking about Toronto sports network here saying something good about a Habs player.
TSN doesn't like the Habs? What the hell?

I was able to watch the game at work tonight thanks to TSN.

2 of the 3 Habs games I've seen on TSN so far, I live in Southern Ontario, pretty cool of the Toronto Sports Network to show those games!

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:39 AM
  #68
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,594
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
I'm surprised nobody has talked about Huet looking injured in the shootout vs. Buffalo. Aebischer got the next start and played well, so why not rest Huet for a week. Aebischer played well again vs. the Flyers but I doubt very much he'll be playing again Saturday, if he does it's because Huet is injured.
If he does play again its because he earned it by playing very well. Carbo is gonna go with his hot goalie.

I love Huet, dont get me wrong..without him last year, we would have been dead much earlier then the first round of the playoffs. but once last year finished the slate was cleaned and both goalies now have their chance to shine.

Huet got first crack at shining, and he did VERY good untill their was 5 minutes left in the game. 2 late goals and 2 GA in the shootout.

Aebisher came in, got the job done against the leafs making many key saves, including a couple with teh game on the line in OT. He then went on to stop 3 of 4 penalty shots. Tonight, again, He did what he had to do, especially in the 3rd period when Montreal was outshot 14-8.

He is 2-0 and merits a 3rd straight start. When he begins to struggle, Cristobal will get a chance again to proove he is #1. and when he does get that chance, by all means, i hope he steals the show, but I truly dont think its right to make Abby not play.


Before someone said its like slapping Huet in the face because of what he did last year, well the way i see it, If they dont play Abby, its like slapping him in the face for what he's done this year.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:43 AM
  #69
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,594
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
TSN doesn't like the Habs? What the hell?

I was able to watch the game at work tonight thanks to TSN.

2 of the 3 Habs games I've seen on TSN so far, I live in Southern Ontario, pretty cool of the Toronto Sports Network to show those games!


I hope you enjoyed the 2 games because you wont see montreal on TSN again untill December 27th

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:48 AM
  #70
Le Maroons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
If he does play again its because he earned it by playing very well. Carbo is gonna go with his hot goalie.

I love Huet, dont get me wrong..without him last year, we would have been dead much earlier then the first round of the playoffs. but once last year finished the slate was cleaned and both goalies now have their chance to shine.

Huet got first crack at shining, and he did VERY good untill their was 5 minutes left in the game. 2 late goals and 2 GA in the shootout.

Aebisher came in, got the job done against the leafs making many key saves, including a couple with teh game on the line in OT. He then went on to stop 3 of 4 penalty shots. Tonight, again, He did what he had to do, especially in the 3rd period when Montreal was outshot 14-8.

He is 2-0 and merits a 3rd straight start. When he begins to struggle, Cristobal will get a chance again to proove he is #1. and when he does get that chance, by all means, i hope he steals the show, but I truly dont think its right to make Abby not play.


Before someone said its like slapping Huet in the face because of what he did last year, well the way i see it, If they dont play Abby, its like slapping him in the face for what he's done this year.
I don't agree, I just think it's Huet's turn. It's not a matter of Aebischer deserving another start or not. Huet deserves his. If Huet is only decent vs. Ottawa, then Abby will start the next game. Until one falters, they will both get their share of games.

And I don't believe in the clean slate idea, Habs kept Huet because of last year, they start the year with him because of what he did for the team last year. 10-15 games in is a different story however.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:48 AM
  #71
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
If they dont play Abby, its like slapping him in the face for what he's done this year.
And, exactly what has Abby done this year? How can anyone evaluate what a player has done after only 3 games into the season? Huet has only played one game this year against IMO the best team in the East. For the record Abby didn't stop all of those shots vs the leafs in the SO. He was beaten and was saved by 2 posts. Not to take anything away from Abby, but Huet will get the next start. Abby will have his good times and bad times and so will Huet. The past is why Huet is the number one goalie. How else do you evaluate a player's value? As someone else said. This season isn't old enough to determine who is hot or not.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:53 AM
  #72
Le Maroons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I hope you enjoyed the 2 games because you wont see montreal on TSN again untill December 27th
I did enjoy them. They don't follow the Habs, they follow the NHL. I'm in Leafs region. There are more Habs games shown on TSN's National schedule than Leafs games.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:54 AM
  #73
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,594
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
And, exactly what has Abby done this year? How can anyone evaluate what a player has done after only 3 games into the season? Huet has only played one game this year against IMO the best team in the East. For the record Abby didn't stop all of those shots vs the leafs in the SO. He was beaten and was saved by 2 posts. Not to take anything away from Abby, but Huet will get the next start. Abby will have his good times and bad times and so will Huet. The past is why Huet is the number one goalie. How else do you evaluate a player's value? As someone else said. This season isn't old enough to determine who is hot or not.

He has a record of 2 and 0. thats what he's done.
Im a goalie coach myself at a very high level. It's easy to evaluate a goalie in my case and Abby is hot. and finally we agree, yes Buffalo is the best team in the east.

and for the record.. shots that hit the post, dont count as shots.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:55 AM
  #74
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,594
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
I did enjoy them. They don't follow the Habs, they follow the NHL. I'm in Leafs region. There are more Habs games shown on TSN's National schedule than Leafs games.

thats cuz TSN knows that the only ppl who like the leafs are Toronto ppl.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:56 AM
  #75
Le Maroons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
He has a record of 2 and 0. thats what he's done.
Im a goalie coach myself at a very high level. It's easy to evaluate a goalie in my case and Abby is hot. and finally we agree, yes Buffalo is the best team in the east.

and for the record.. shots that hit the post, dont count as shots.
Nothing should count in a shootout.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.