HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Start Huet Saturday

Old
10-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
I dont care about huet being cold. There was no number one goalie coming into the season. Abby has taken the reigns and got us 4 big points. Carbo said he's going to stick with the hot hand. Well, Abby's hand is still smoking hot.

Abby earned to start another day. I dont think carbo is sending the right message to his goalies if he goes back to huet. What is the motivation of playing an outstanding game if you're only going to sit again?

Huet should stay patient. He'll be in net again. But IMO, it should not be saturday.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:57 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
thats cuz TSN knows that the only ppl who like the leafs are Toronto ppl.
But yet they are the Toronto Sports Network? Whatever, I like TSN, they show alot of hockey.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I dont care about huet being cold. There was no number one goalie coming into the season. Abby has taken the reigns and got us 4 big points. Carbo said he's going to stick with the hot hand. Well, Abby's hand is still smoking hot.

Abby earned to start another day. I dont think carbo is sending the right message to his goalies if he goes back to huet. What is the motivation of playing an outstanding game if you're only going to sit again?

Huet should stay patient. He'll be in net again. But IMO, it should not be saturday.
Playing Huet on Saturday wouldn't mean they have made him clear n.1 goalie. I agree, playing the hot hand is a good idea, but Huet should play Saturday, he may have a hot hand as well and he deserves to play as much as Abby if not more.

Old
10-12-2006, 03:01 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:

very well put, I didnt say it like that, but i meant exactly what u just said

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 03:02 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
But yet they are the Toronto Sports Network? Whatever, I like TSN, they show alot of hockey.

yes, they are toronto.. on sprtscenter, they concentrate mostly on the leafs. when NHL on TSN is on, everything the panel says has to relate to the leafs in one way or another, especially when Healy talks.

Old
10-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Playing Huet on Saturday wouldn't mean they have made him clear n.1 goalie. I agree, playing the hot hand is a good idea, but Huet should play Saturday, he may have a hot hand as well and he deserves to play as much as Abby if not more.
if you agree playing the hot hand is a good idea, why whould you take a chance that huet MAY have a hot hand.

However you guys look at it, Abby has played 2 good games, won them both and Carbo stated himself that whoever is the hot goalie, they will play. Abby is the hot goalie, case closed.

Old
10-12-2006, 03:06 AM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
How is he a little hotter than Huet? He has 2 games and in both had far better save % than Huet. Not only that but he's looked alot better.
What a load of crap. Huet has only had 1 game to base his save % on, and it's been against Buffalo a MUCH better team than either Philly or Toronto.

As for Aebi looking better, 2 posts in teh shootout are all that got us the win in TO, he looked fantastic tonight, but you're being ridiculous.

Huet gets the start in MTL, coach has already said so, he has not played bad at all, he is still #1a goalie, and he deserves the start in the 1st home game so that fans can thank him for last season one last time.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 03:07 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
yes, they are toronto.. on sprtscenter, they concentrate mostly on the leafs. when NHL on TSN is on, everything the panel says has to relate to the leafs in one way or another, especially when Healy talks.
They do have two ex-Leafs on the panel. Anyway, like I said, I'm in Leaf country so I could be used to it. At least you have RDS and TQS for 110%!!

Old
10-12-2006, 03:08 AM
yukoner

Quote:

What planet are you guys living on where Huet is 'cold'?

Don't you think it's a little more reasonable that each goalie gets at least a few games before we determine who has the 'hot' hand? I dunno, maybe that's a little much to ask for the maturity level around here...

Old
10-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
if you agree playing the hot hand is a good idea, why whould you take a chance that huet MAY have a hot hand.

However you guys look at it, Abby has played 2 good games, won them both and Carbo stated himself that whoever is the hot goalie, they will play. Abby is the hot goalie, case closed.
Well, I thought Huet played well vs. Buffalo and he deserves another start, which should be against Ottawa. Huet plays well, you have two hot hands (because according to some, two games is enough to be hot). Case re-opened (whatever).

Old
10-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
They do have two ex-Leafs on the panel. Anyway, like I said, I'm in Leaf country so I could be used to it. At least you have RDS and TQS for 110%!!

I watched NEGATIF 110% one time in my life and will never watch it again ..horrible show.

and yes, im lucky enough to catch RDS.
and at least ur a smart man, in leaf land but Hab fan.

Old
10-12-2006, 03:12 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
I watched NEGATIF 110% one time in my life and will never watch it again ..horrible show.

and yes, im lucky enough to catch RDS.
and at least ur a smart man, in leaf land but Hab fan.
I find them funny on 110%, I can't believe they still have the same guys on there (Bergeron, Perron, Ciccone).

Go Habs

Old
10-12-2006, 03:13 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Well, I thought Huet played well vs. Buffalo and he deserves another start, which should be against Ottawa. Huet plays well, you have two hot hands (because according to some, two games is enough to be hot). Case re-opened (whatever).

I dont think.. I know Huet played good against Buffalo, however, he played good for 55 minutes, because the last 5 minutes he wasnt there. Briere's goal..although it was a sick shot and a bad play by souray and rivet, huet had his legs open wider then a pro on st-catherine street. and the tieing goal, i believe should not have found a way through him and onto Afinogenov's stick. but maybe thats just me being a lil to strict, but thats how i am with my goalies too.

Old
10-12-2006, 03:14 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post

Don't you think it's a little more reasonable that each goalie gets at least a few games before we determine who has the 'hot' hand? I dunno, maybe that's a little much to ask for the maturity level around here...
umm.. Abby has won 2 games in a row, why would you stop something thats working for you?

Old
10-12-2006, 04:45 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Why does Huet deserve to play on saturday just as much as abby?

Huet gave us a chance to win against buffalo, no question. But abby went above and beyond against toronto and philly.

Yes, I agree that huet may have a hot hand. But there is no question with abby. Abby DOES have the hot hand. So I wouldn't fix something that isn't even remotely broke

I have no problem with going back to huet at some point. That day could be right after saturday depending on abby's performance against the sens. I take the goaltending situation day by day. And Abby has not given the coach any reason to take him out of the lineup yet.

And I'm not trying to to say that its going to take an absolute stinker of a game by abby to get huet back in net. But rather, it would take an ordinary game by aebsicher where he doesn't make any mistakes but he doesn't make the big saves either. I haven't checked the sced for back to back games yet but if there is one upcoming, I wouldn't mind getting huet back in and then he can show exactly where he is.

Abby isn;t going to stay hot forever. The streak could end on saturday for all we know. Lets just ride out his hot streak and get as many points as we can from it.

Last edited by Hackett: 10-12-2006 at 04:55 AM.
Old
10-12-2006, 04:50 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

before you start talking about maturity levels, please quote me about where I said Huet was cold

Edit: I see where you got it. I dont mean that kind of cold. I mean, I dont care if huet gets cold by sitting on the bench. Like, I said before, Huet was fine in his game, but Abby is not giving carbo a good enough reason to sit him.

My apologies, I should be a bit more clear

Old
10-12-2006, 05:53 AM
GoodKiwi

Whatever happens on Saturday this is one nice problem to have!

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 06:15 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
TSN and RDS are sister stations. Of course they'll agree on the sporting news issues. I still don't see your point. They have their opinion and I have mine. You have yet to voice yours. If TSN and RDS want to voice theirs into debate with me I'll gladly oblige. Unless you're a representing body of TSN stick to your own thoughts and opinions.

what a waste of bytes this post was!

Abby, for sure! Huet did not look sharp at all.

Nyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 06:15 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Whatever happens on Saturday this is one nice problem to have!
It's the kind of problems that makes your team a better team

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 10:06 AM
oli500

I say we start huet on saturday as well. Abyy has been great so far but why waite for abby to give up a bad start. If you do that he might loose the confidence he has now. By given huet the start abby dosent loose confidence and might end up bring in this solid start to his next start. + if you start abby on saturday your sending huet the message that hes not your guy anymore and you dont want any of your goalies to think that way. By starting abby you risk letting him have a bad game and making him loose confidence in himself and at the same time your telling huet that hes not your guy making him loose confidence in himself aswell. I say we rotate the goalies on a week to week basis instead of a streak basis. Abby has got his games this week so now its huet turn to play this coming week.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Montrealer

I'll go with whatever Carbo decides. No worries here.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 10:24 AM
pavlako11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
I say we start huet on saturday as well. Abyy has been great so far but why waite for abby to give up a bad start. If you do that he might loose the confidence he has now. By given huet the start abby dosent loose confidence and might end up bring in this solid start to his next start. + if you start abby on saturday your sending huet the message that hes not your guy anymore and you dont want any of your goalies to think that way. By starting abby you risk letting him have a bad game and making him loose confidence in himself and at the same time your telling huet that hes not your guy making him loose confidence in himself aswell. I say we rotate the goalies on a week to week basis instead of a streak basis. Abby has got his games this week so now its huet turn to play this coming week.
exactly! thank you!

We have more to lose by starting Abby then by starting Huet.

If Huet wins, great! If he loses, well then we have a hot Abby waiting in his place.

If Abby starts, Huet will probably get cold sitting and waiting as we haven't played many games. If Abby wins then what? We keep a $3mill/year goalie on the pine? It doesn't make sense.

I'm not anti-Abby, I'm thrilled of his play, it's just you have to think long-term its an 82 game season, not 3 games.

pavlako11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

In order to play the "hot hand" well both goalies need to warmed up a little. Can't see how we could after 3 games automatically declare a winner here. So if we start Aebi and play Huet only when Aebi has a tougher start, you may have to send a guy who would not have seen any start in 2 or 3 weeks.....How do you expect him to have the hot hand then? The system with going with Aebi right now and play Huet only if Aebi falters is not a 1A-1B system, it's and #1/#2 system just a step before the Brodeur or Luongo system....

Give both the possibilities to compete with each other at least for 5 games each and then have an opinion. How you can have an opinion in 2 games for Aebi and 1 game Huet while you have to acknowledge against who they play, what kind of performance our team had, how was our PK that day, what kind of shots the goalies let in.......GAA and Save % are not the only thing to verify.....at least not after 3 games.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 11:06 AM
yukoner

Quote:
Why does Huet deserve to play on saturday just as much as abby?

Huet gave us a chance to win against buffalo, no question. But abby went above and beyond against toronto and philly.
Because he deserves a chance to show what he can do as well.

Two games is nothing, it's not like Aebi is on some huge hot streak here. There's absolutely no reason to give Aebi 3 of the first 4 games when we're still trying to figure out who the #1 will be.

As far as above and beyond, come on man, the TO game was an average game, nothing to write home about, he had 1 great game, that's it.

Old
10-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Because he deserves a chance to show what he can do as well.

Two games is nothing, it's not like Aebi is on some huge hot streak here. There's absolutely no reason to give Aebi 3 of the first 4 games when we're still trying to figure out who the #1 will be.

As far as above and beyond, come on man, the TO game was an average game, nothing to write home about, he had 1 great game, that's it.
If he continues playing as he is, he could go on a huge hot streak. Yesterday proved that Saturday wasn't a fluke, and Saturday he should get the chance to prove that wednesday wasn't. Minnesota had the best goalie tandem in the NHL, and when Rolosson was outplaying Fernandes, he played how ever many games till he lost. I don't see why we'd do any different...

You guys are simply being biased.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote