HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft Talk Part V: Flyers own the 11th overall pick

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2013, 12:25 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Well we could move Schenn to wing eventually which would bump Couturier and Laughton up a line.
Then you're hindering schenns development. He's a better center than winger, we've seen that. And I don't know that Couturier or Laughton have done anything to allow them precedent over Brayden in terms of ice time at the position they all prefer.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:27 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Then you're hindering schenns development. He's a better center than winger, we've seen that. And I don't know that Couturier or Laughton have done anything to allow them precedent over Brayden in terms of ice time at the position they all prefer.
Honestly, I'm okay with hindering Schenn's development on that front.

I could deal with him as a lifetime winger.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Curufinwe

Moving Schenn to wing is better than trading Couturier.

Old
06-11-2013, 06:24 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
And then we'll all be sitting here a year from now, after holmgren drafts another center this year wondering why our defense is still atrocious with no end in sight.

Old
06-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Then you're hindering schenns development. He's a better center than winger, we've seen that.
I am not sure that true. His rookie numbers on the wing are 12 goals, 6 assists in 54 games. At center this year it was 8 goals 18 assists in 47 games. However most of his production last year came in a little more than 9 game period in February when paired with Jake Voracek, 5 goals, 7 assists. http://www.rotoworld.com/log/nhl/2982/brayden-schenn

Once Voracek was taken off his line (great move Lavy), his production plummeted. I don't think we can say that he is way better at any position yet.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:48 AM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 50
Quote:

Brayden would thrive on a line with Giroux and Voracek.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Anyone would

Old
06-11-2013, 09:21 AM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Anyone would
Make it happen, Lavy.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Anyone would
Hartnell didn't, and we had to stick Gagne up there. And Simone did his best, but he's a 3rd line player at this stage of his career. If everyone's healthy I'd like to see this forward lineup.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds
Gagne-Laughton-Read
Rinaldo-Hall-Talbot

Old
06-11-2013, 09:30 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Hartnell didn't, and we had to stick Gagne up there. And Simone did his best, but he's a 3rd line player at this stage of his career. If everyone's healthy I'd like to see this forward lineup.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds
Gagne-Laughton-Read
Rinaldo-Hall-Talbot
In fairness, Hartnell was pretty banged up this year and thrived on the line with Giroux the year before (thouhh I don't remember if Voracek was also on that line).

Old
06-11-2013, 09:45 AM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
(thouhh I don't remember if Voracek was also on that line).
Wasn't Jagr on that line?

Old
06-11-2013, 09:47 AM
FLYERSFAN18

It was Jagr. And then Voracek got more shifts with hartnell and giroux during the playoffs

Old
06-11-2013, 10:01 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Honestly, I could really see this, and I want it to happen. Schenn plays that physical skill style that Doan plays, and I think given time to adapt, he would do well on the wing. We just need to not give up on it at the first sign of its failure.

Schenn - Giroux - Voracek
Hartnell - Couturier - (Briere/Gagne)
Simmonds - Laughton - Read
Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot

Old
06-11-2013, 10:03 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Honestly, I could really see this, and I want it to happen. Schenn plays that physical skill style that Doan plays, and I think given time to adapt, he would do well on the wing. We just need to not give up on it at the first sign of its failure.

Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot
If Briere is on this team next season I am going to vomit for 10 day straight!

Old
06-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Curufinwe

That's a good lineup, too, except for Briere who is especially bad as a wing now that he's older, slower and weaker.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:05 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
That's a good lineup, too, except for Briere who is especially bad as a wing now that he's older, slower and weaker.
He's terribad. I'll be the first to admit it.

That said, if we're committed to keeping him on, I'd be okay if it was to give Couturier an offensive spark...not that Briere can even provide that anymore.

Yeah, he really should be gone, but to quote Holmgren, "What can you do?"

Old
06-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
We just need to not give up on it at the first sign of its failure.
Did you forget who is still coaching the Flyers? Shuffling the lines and quick hooks is all he's got..... Oh and the famous time-out when the team is down by 3 goals 6 minutes into the game.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:09 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Did you forget who is still coaching the Flyers? Shuffling the lines and quick hooks is all he's got..... Oh and the famous time-out when the team is down by 3 goals 6 minutes into the game.
Yep. Lavy and Holmgren are the two biggest problems. even bigger than the lack of a #1 dman. Lavy is really only good for punching stuff or leino when the team is playing poorly

Edit: I forgot about snider he is the #1 problem

Old
06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I don't care if he switches lines around. Every coach in the NHL does that to different extents, and Laviolette certainly isn't the biggest offender.

That said, we just need him to commit to Schenn at wing and Laughton as the team's future 3rd line center.

Once we make that distinction, it opens up Couturier's linemates and thus his offensive potential.

Then again, I haven't seen the article, quote, or reliable source claiming that Laviolette sees Couturier as the team's 3rd line center going forward even though I've seen a lot of people mention that he sees things as such. I can't reasonably fathom why that would be the case for any human being being given the options that Lavi has at his disposal. Until I see that Lavi actually believes that, I see no reason to bring my judgement against him.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Krishna

Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL
Re Nikushkin: Sr scouts all laughed. Sez 1 "Don't remember worse combine. Quit tests, brutal intervu. Shame. as talented." #NHL #draft

Old
06-11-2013, 11:55 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL
Re Nikushkin: Sr scouts all laughed. Sez 1 "Don't remember worse combine. Quit tests, brutal intervu. Shame. as talented." #NHL #draft
Well, that's great.

I don't want us to blow our 11th on him. Never did. Let someone else deal with the Russians.

Know what else is annoying? Writers resorting to bastardized English words to fit tweets. Ugh.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:04 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot
I like this line up a lot, just not with Briere in it. He needs to be gone this summer.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:45 PM
DrHamburg

Quote:

Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot
I am not sure if I like this at all. The biggest problem I have is 2nd and 3rd lines. Couturier is going to be used in a defensive role. He has too, no way around it yet. Could you imagine Briere starting in his own end like 65% of the time? I'd cry. And if it were Gagne it would just turn into a defensive line and Line 3 would have to be counted on for offense which would be a lot of pressure on Laughton. Also, Simmonds was easily one of the top 3 forwards on the team. I want him on a top line and him on the first PP. I do like the idea of Schenn on the wing because him and Couts are so bad on the faceoffs having them on 2 different lines losing that many faceoffs was brutal and put a lot of pressure on the defense and goalies. Here is how I would do it, if you wanted Schenn at wing and feel free to disagree

Hartnell - Giroux - Simmonds
Schenn - Couturier -Voracek
Gagne - Laughton - Read
Talbot -Hall -Rinaldo
McGinn or w/e

Schenn gets added with Voracek whom he played best with and lets Couts get a chance with some offensive players. Hartnell gets to stay with Giroux (Hartnell at his contract needs to produce). I like the idea of protecting Giroux with Simmonds and Hartnell and them together on the PP was awesome the past 2 season. Gagne and Read would help Laughton a ton. Also, while it puts pressure on Laughton in his own zone, I would feel okay with the top 3 lines in any defensive situation and could rely more on matchups other than "Flyers faceoff in their own zone, better call Couturiers line."

Old
06-11-2013, 12:49 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
I am not sure if I like this at all. The biggest problem I have is 2nd and 3rd lines. Couturier is going to be used in a defensive role. He has too, no way around it yet. Could you imagine Briere starting in his own end like 65% of the time? I'd cry. And if it were Gagne it would just turn into a defensive line and Line 3 would have to be counted on for offense which would be a lot of pressure on Laughton. Also, Simmonds was easily one of the top 3 forwards on the team. I want him on a top line and him on the first PP. I do like the idea of Schenn on the wing because him and Couts are so bad on the faceoffs having them on 2 different lines losing that many faceoffs was brutal and put a lot of pressure on the defense and goalies. Here is how I would do it, if you wanted Schenn at wing and feel free to disagree

Hartnell - Giroux - Simmonds
Schenn - Couturier -Voracek
Gagne - Laughton - Read
Talbot -Hall -Rinaldo
McGinn or w/e

Schenn gets added with Voracek whom he played best with and lets Couts get a chance with some offensive players. Hartnell gets to stay with Giroux (Hartnell at his contract needs to produce). I like the idea of protecting Giroux with Simmonds and Hartnell and them together on the PP was awesome the past 2 season. Gagne and Read would help Laughton a ton. Also, while it puts pressure on Laughton in his own zone, I would feel okay with the top 3 lines in any defensive situation and could rely more on matchups other than "Flyers faceoff in their own zone, better call Couturiers line."
Actually, I like your lineup better, but will Giroux and Voracek be separated at this point?

Old
06-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Prongo
Beer

Nurse. Nurse. Nurse.

We need him.

https://twitter.com/GareJoyceNHL/sta...07952662736896

Quote:
Wide variance of opinion on D Nurse. Some think difference between Jones & DN not so great. Others not fans of DN. #NHL #draft
Let's hope 5-10 are not fans of him.

Closed Thread