HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2013, 12:36 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 41m
Re Nikushkin: Sr scouts all laughed. Sez 1 "Don't remember worse combine. Quit tests, brutal intervu. Shame. as talented." #NHL #draft
#NHL #draft
Yikes...that sure won't help his cause.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:38 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Nope and don't look for Habs to trade up for him. That does not speak to Bergevin's philosophy.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:40 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
That's what I think too.

And about the comment where we must keep our identity as a fast team, well, our speed didn't help a whole lot so far... we must add power to complement that speed, cause we won't win anything without PF...
Until the play-offs are called like the regular season. Big, strong players who can play on the wall are the most important assets to a team.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

https://twitter.com/GareJoyceNHL

some interesting tweets on the combine and draft eligibles

Old
06-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
https://twitter.com/GareJoyceNHL

some interesting tweets on the combine and draft eligibles
I already posted them on the last page.

Nichushkin sinking like a rock would please me greatly, especially with how the Russian fans here (the same ones last year who were outraged that Galchenyuk had overtaken Grigorenko) talk like he's the second coming.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 06-11-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old
06-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Until the play-offs are called like the regular season. Big, strong players who can play on the wall are the most important assets to a team.
But it can't be all you have or you have no chance.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:53 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
But it can't be all you have or you have no chance.
Striking a balance is necessary.. but look at the Bruins, BlackHawks and Kings.. to a man, most of their players are dynamite on the wall and create a lot of their offence off the cycle.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Kanzig against big Joe Mahon.

And against freakin Goulborne, got surprised there but this little freakin pest. Not big but how about Goulbourne to be a pretty good lightweight fighter?
I was on the Gouldbourne bandwagon a way back ...to me he is one of the toughest players for his size in the league. A great fighter for a middleweight. Good skating ability , would make a perfect 4th liner ..lots of grit

Old
06-11-2013, 12:59 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Also from Joyce's twitter, some interesting words about Jones:

Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 1h
#NHL #draft cont. On S Jones, sr scout sez: "Don't see hockey sense, not even bit of edge, wonder about attitude, v avg interview @ combine"

Gare Joyce Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 1h
Spoke to 3 sr scouts Mon., none w Seth Jones @ #1, 2 don't have SJ @ #2 & one has him #4 behind Barkov ("not sold on him, see Erik Johnson")

Old
06-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Striking a balance is necessary.. but look at the Bruins, BlackHawks and Kings.. to a man, most of their players are dynamite on the wall and create a lot of their offence off the cycle.
LA is the only true "cycling" team out of those 3. Boston and Chicago have lines that do it but not their top lines.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:09 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Boston cycle until they get 1 man in front of the net and 1 man high in the slot. Chicago cycles until Kane decides to go nuts.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:16 PM
le_sean

Guys like Nichushkin give a bad rep to Russians that love the game and take it seriously, such as Tarasenko and Cherepanov (RIP). The stigma will always be there with these guys, transfer agreement or not.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:24 PM
brian70

Would you guys be satisfied if Montreal ends up with Burakowsky, Poirier, Buchnevich and Jarry as opposed to the likes of Rychel, Hartman, McCarron?

Old
06-11-2013, 01:28 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Just did my mock, posted in the mock forum.

Habs came away with:

25. Burakowsky
33. McCoshen
36. Dickinson

Old
06-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian70 View Post
Would you guys be satisfied if Montreal ends up with Burakowsky, Poirier, Buchnevich and Jarry as opposed to the likes of Rychel, Hartman, McCarron?
I would be satisfied but not overly joyful, I like them all and have them slated into the guys I want but not the first name at each pick

Old
06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
brian70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
I would be satisfied but not overly joyful, I like them all and have them slated into the guys I want but not the first name at each pick
I will assume if Zykov or Mantha would be available at #25, you'd pick one of them. But how about Rychel? Morin? I'm just wondering how much of the fan base wants the organization to emphasize on grit.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:47 PM
S Bah

Quote:
I don't get to choose, but I would tend to lean toward the Habs getting some help for the goalies and the small forwards. This, before they are all on the LTI list or concussed so bad, that all the small forwards will be having their turn.

The Habs won't ever make strides towards the top echelon, until they solve their biggest problem. This was a short season and most of the players were in pretty bad shape come playoffs.

Anyone that hasn't realized that is the outstanding problem, really have short memories or weren't watching the Hab games against physical teams. So, yeh let's go and draft some more players that are suicidal or want to be paid for sitting at home all year.

Have any of the fans here played sports, it doesn't seem like it to this poster. One guy can't defend 23 others that's not teamwork.

The Habs need to draft players that can pound the opposition's defence and some more physical Dmen, like Diaby that can stand up for his goalie and teammates. I truly have trouble drafting really talented small players with heart, knowing that they will get creamed every game that counts. Only due to the fact that Prust is also retired from all the beatings he had to take for them, get him some help before that happens!:shakehea d

Last edited by S Bah: 06-11-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old
06-11-2013, 01:47 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
I will assume if Zykov or Mantha would be available at #25, you'd pick one of them. But how about Rychel? Morin? I'm just wondering how much of the fan base wants the organization to emphasize on grit.
Well Morin is a physical specimen, not only is he big and tall but he toped a couple of tests at the combine, plus he got some interesting hockey IQ. Rychel is a pure sniper. So it's gitt with actual talent and ceiling, a rare thing. Clearly Mantha and Zykov would be better options, but they are all in the same category to me.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Agreed. And last year, we drafted mainly skill guys and snipers (aside from Thrower and Vail), this year, the draft is filled with big PF type prospects. We could address our need once and for all, something I'm sure Bergevin will do. And of course, I know most won't develop, just to be sure...

Old
06-11-2013, 01:55 PM
brian70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Well Morin is a physical specimen, not only is he big and tall but he toped a couple of tests at the combine, plus he got some interesting hockey IQ. Rychel is a pure sniper. So it's gitt with actual talent and ceiling, a rare thing. Clearly Mantha and Zykov would be better options, but they are all in the same category to me.
Rychel is a tough gritty player. He did score 40 goals twice but he wasn't as prolific in the absence of Kochlachev. He certainly doesn't have elite skills.

I understand Morin is a giant but he has a long way to go, in my opinion.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:58 PM
brian70

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I don't get to choose, but I would tend to lean toward the Habs getting some help for the goalies and the small forwards. This, before they are all on the LTI list or concussed so bad, that all the small forwards will be having their turn.

The Habs won't ever make strides towards the top echelon, until they solve their biggest problem. This was a short season and most of the players were in pretty bad shape come playoffs.

Anyone that hasn't realized that is the outstanding problem, really have short memories or weren't watching the Hab games against physical teams. So, yeh let's go and draft some more players that are suicidal or want to be paid for sitting at home all year.

The Habs need to draft players that can pound the opposition's defence and some more physical Dmen, like Diaby that can stand up for his goalie and teammates. I truly have trouble drafting really talented small players with heart, knowing that they will get creamed every game that counts. Only due to the fact that Prust is also retired from all the beatings he had to take for them, get him some help before that happens!:shakehea d
I understand your frustration but these prospects won't help the Canadiens squad before a few years. Do you feel Habs need to develop gritty players more than they need top 6 talent?

Old
06-11-2013, 02:00 PM
S Bah

One last kick at the can, Boston built their team by going through the best hardnosed players from other teams to get their team and it took them about 6 yrs. Adding draft choices to the cream from other teams, check it out, I sat wondering why the Habs didn't grab any of them first. It's time to think team instead of star ( boyz ) balance is the integral or major need for our team.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:03 PM
brian70

Quote:
One last kick at the can, Boston built their team by going through the best hardnosed players from other teams to get their team and it took them about 6 yrs. Adding draft choices to the cream from other teams, check it out, I sat wondering why the Habs didn't grab any of them first. It's time to think team instead of star ( boyz ) balance is the integral or major need for our team.
I expect Timmins/Bergevin to pick 3 skilled and 3 gritty players in the first 3 rounds.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:08 PM
brian70

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Lindholm could pass him in the rankings but I doubt Carolina would avoid this pick.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:11 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
I suppose signing Chara and making some great trades, ie. Kessel, Task, etc.. had nothing to do with Boston's success?

Closed Thread