HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2013, 12:36 PM
  #926
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 41m
Re Nikushkin: Sr scouts all laughed. Sez 1 "Don't remember worse combine. Quit tests, brutal intervu. Shame. as talented." #NHL #draft
#NHL #draft
Yikes...that sure won't help his cause.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 12:38 PM
  #927
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yikes...that sure won't help his cause.
Nope and don't look for Habs to trade up for him. That does not speak to Bergevin's philosophy.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 12:40 PM
  #928
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
That's what I think too.

And about the comment where we must keep our identity as a fast team, well, our speed didn't help a whole lot so far... we must add power to complement that speed, cause we won't win anything without PF...
Until the play-offs are called like the regular season. Big, strong players who can play on the wall are the most important assets to a team.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 12:42 PM
  #929
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,437
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/GareJoyceNHL

some interesting tweets on the combine and draft eligibles

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 12:43 PM
  #930
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,906
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
https://twitter.com/GareJoyceNHL

some interesting tweets on the combine and draft eligibles
I already posted them on the last page.

Nichushkin sinking like a rock would please me greatly, especially with how the Russian fans here (the same ones last year who were outraged that Galchenyuk had overtaken Grigorenko) talk like he's the second coming.


Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 06-11-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 12:50 PM
  #931
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Until the play-offs are called like the regular season. Big, strong players who can play on the wall are the most important assets to a team.
But it can't be all you have or you have no chance.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 12:53 PM
  #932
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
But it can't be all you have or you have no chance.
Striking a balance is necessary.. but look at the Bruins, BlackHawks and Kings.. to a man, most of their players are dynamite on the wall and create a lot of their offence off the cycle.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 12:57 PM
  #933
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Kanzig against big Joe Mahon.



And against freakin Goulborne, got surprised there but this little freakin pest. Not big but how about Goulbourne to be a pretty good lightweight fighter?
I was on the Gouldbourne bandwagon a way back ...to me he is one of the toughest players for his size in the league. A great fighter for a middleweight. Good skating ability , would make a perfect 4th liner ..lots of grit

Nitehowl is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 12:59 PM
  #934
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
Also from Joyce's twitter, some interesting words about Jones:


Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 1h
#NHL #draft cont. On S Jones, sr scout sez: "Don't see hockey sense, not even bit of edge, wonder about attitude, v avg interview @ combine"


Gare Joyce Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 1h
Spoke to 3 sr scouts Mon., none w Seth Jones @ #1, 2 don't have SJ @ #2 & one has him #4 behind Barkov ("not sold on him, see Erik Johnson")

hototogisu is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:02 PM
  #935
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Striking a balance is necessary.. but look at the Bruins, BlackHawks and Kings.. to a man, most of their players are dynamite on the wall and create a lot of their offence off the cycle.
LA is the only true "cycling" team out of those 3. Boston and Chicago have lines that do it but not their top lines.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:09 PM
  #936
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,624
vCash: 500
Boston cycle until they get 1 man in front of the net and 1 man high in the slot. Chicago cycles until Kane decides to go nuts.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:16 PM
  #937
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,173
vCash: 500
Guys like Nichushkin give a bad rep to Russians that love the game and take it seriously, such as Tarasenko and Cherepanov (RIP). The stigma will always be there with these guys, transfer agreement or not.

le_sean is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:24 PM
  #938
brian70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Would you guys be satisfied if Montreal ends up with Burakowsky, Poirier, Buchnevich and Jarry as opposed to the likes of Rychel, Hartman, McCarron?

brian70 is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:28 PM
  #939
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Just did my mock, posted in the mock forum.

Habs came away with:

25. Burakowsky
33. McCoshen
36. Dickinson

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:35 PM
  #940
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian70 View Post
Would you guys be satisfied if Montreal ends up with Burakowsky, Poirier, Buchnevich and Jarry as opposed to the likes of Rychel, Hartman, McCarron?
I would be satisfied but not overly joyful, I like them all and have them slated into the guys I want but not the first name at each pick

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
  #941
brian70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
I would be satisfied but not overly joyful, I like them all and have them slated into the guys I want but not the first name at each pick
I will assume if Zykov or Mantha would be available at #25, you'd pick one of them. But how about Rychel? Morin? I'm just wondering how much of the fan base wants the organization to emphasize on grit.

brian70 is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:47 PM
  #942
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian70 View Post
Would you guys be satisfied if Montreal ends up with Burakowsky, Poirier, Buchnevich and Jarry as opposed to the likes of Rychel, Hartman, McCarron?
I don't get to choose, but I would tend to lean toward the Habs getting some help for the goalies and the small forwards. This, before they are all on the LTI list or concussed so bad, that all the small forwards will be having their turn.

The Habs won't ever make strides towards the top echelon, until they solve their biggest problem. This was a short season and most of the players were in pretty bad shape come playoffs.

Anyone that hasn't realized that is the outstanding problem, really have short memories or weren't watching the Hab games against physical teams. So, yeh let's go and draft some more players that are suicidal or want to be paid for sitting at home all year.

Have any of the fans here played sports, it doesn't seem like it to this poster. One guy can't defend 23 others that's not teamwork.

The Habs need to draft players that can pound the opposition's defence and some more physical Dmen, like Diaby that can stand up for his goalie and teammates. I truly have trouble drafting really talented small players with heart, knowing that they will get creamed every game that counts. Only due to the fact that Prust is also retired from all the beatings he had to take for them, get him some help before that happens!:shakehea d


Last edited by S Bah: 06-11-2013 at 01:52 PM.
S Bah is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:47 PM
  #943
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian70 View Post
I will assume if Zykov or Mantha would be available at #25, you'd pick one of them. But how about Rychel? Morin? I'm just wondering how much of the fan base wants the organization to emphasize on grit.
Well Morin is a physical specimen, not only is he big and tall but he toped a couple of tests at the combine, plus he got some interesting hockey IQ. Rychel is a pure sniper. So it's gitt with actual talent and ceiling, a rare thing. Clearly Mantha and Zykov would be better options, but they are all in the same category to me.

ChoseLa is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:49 PM
  #944
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Until the play-offs are called like the regular season. Big, strong players who can play on the wall are the most important assets to a team.
Agreed. And last year, we drafted mainly skill guys and snipers (aside from Thrower and Vail), this year, the draft is filled with big PF type prospects. We could address our need once and for all, something I'm sure Bergevin will do. And of course, I know most won't develop, just to be sure...

Vasculio is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:55 PM
  #945
brian70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Well Morin is a physical specimen, not only is he big and tall but he toped a couple of tests at the combine, plus he got some interesting hockey IQ. Rychel is a pure sniper. So it's gitt with actual talent and ceiling, a rare thing. Clearly Mantha and Zykov would be better options, but they are all in the same category to me.
Rychel is a tough gritty player. He did score 40 goals twice but he wasn't as prolific in the absence of Kochlachev. He certainly doesn't have elite skills.

I understand Morin is a giant but he has a long way to go, in my opinion.

brian70 is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 01:58 PM
  #946
brian70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I don't get to choose, but I would tend to lean toward the Habs getting some help for the goalies and the small forwards. This, before they are all on the LTI list or concussed so bad, that all the small forwards will be having their turn.

The Habs won't ever make strides towards the top echelon, until they solve their biggest problem. This was a short season and most of the players were in pretty bad shape come playoffs.

Anyone that hasn't realized that is the outstanding problem, really have short memories or weren't watching the Hab games against physical teams. So, yeh let's go and draft some more players that are suicidal or want to be paid for sitting at home all year.

The Habs need to draft players that can pound the opposition's defence and some more physical Dmen, like Diaby that can stand up for his goalie and teammates. I truly have trouble drafting really talented small players with heart, knowing that they will get creamed every game that counts. Only due to the fact that Prust is also retired from all the beatings he had to take for them, get him some help before that happens!:shakehea d
I understand your frustration but these prospects won't help the Canadiens squad before a few years. Do you feel Habs need to develop gritty players more than they need top 6 talent?

brian70 is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 02:00 PM
  #947
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
One last kick at the can, Boston built their team by going through the best hardnosed players from other teams to get their team and it took them about 6 yrs. Adding draft choices to the cream from other teams, check it out, I sat wondering why the Habs didn't grab any of them first. It's time to think team instead of star ( boyz ) balance is the integral or major need for our team.

S Bah is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 02:03 PM
  #948
brian70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
One last kick at the can, Boston built their team by going through the best hardnosed players from other teams to get their team and it took them about 6 yrs. Adding draft choices to the cream from other teams, check it out, I sat wondering why the Habs didn't grab any of them first. It's time to think team instead of star ( boyz ) balance is the integral or major need for our team.
I expect Timmins/Bergevin to pick 3 skilled and 3 gritty players in the first 3 rounds.

brian70 is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 02:08 PM
  #949
brian70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yikes...that sure won't help his cause.
Lindholm could pass him in the rankings but I doubt Carolina would avoid this pick.

brian70 is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 02:11 PM
  #950
BrimStone64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
One last kick at the can, Boston built their team by going through the best hardnosed players from other teams to get their team and it took them about 6 yrs. Adding draft choices to the cream from other teams, check it out, I sat wondering why the Habs didn't grab any of them first. It's time to think team instead of star ( boyz ) balance is the integral or major need for our team.
I suppose signing Chara and making some great trades, ie. Kessel, Task, etc.. had nothing to do with Boston's success?

BrimStone64 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.