HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - Wpg

Old
06-11-2013, 12:52 PM
greenstickytoes

vCash: 500
Mtl - Wpg

to
-Beaulieu / Mtl 2nd Rounder (36th)
-Mtl 1st rounder (25th)

to
-Wpg 1st rounder (13th)

Mtl only does this to get Bo Horvat or Max Domi. If not, theres no trade.

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 12:55 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Values probably there if Winnipeg is looking to move down. Hard to say what teams will be looking to do at the draft though.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
to
-Mtl 1st rounder (25th)

to
-Wpg 1st rounder (13th)

Montreal would not add Beaulieu to the 25th to get the 13th. Beaulieu is developing very nicely and is worth more than the 36th pick, so there is no way that is an equivalent fair value.

For the right player at 13, Montreal could put a picks package together, but it would not be Beaulieu AND our 1st.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
to
-Mtl 1st rounder (25th)

to
-Wpg 1st rounder (13th)

I guess it would come down (on the Jets side), with what they thought of Beaulieu (potential and current legal situation), and whether it was worth it to move down that much.

Could work if they liked his potential (being a LHD is nice), and if they thought they could still get a very good prospect at 25.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:07 PM
junyab

As mentioned previously, I don't think Beaulieu would be involved in such a move up. But Horvat and Domi are interesting prospects to trade up to. But hopefully Horvat is still around at 25

junyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I guess it would come down (on the Jets side), with what they thought of Beaulieu (potential and current legal situation), and whether it was worth it to move down that much.

Could work if they liked his potential (being a LHD is nice), and if they thought they could still get a very good prospect at 25.
That's an easy pass from Montreal.
I'd trade Beaulieu straight up if we could get Horvat (maybe we would add our 2nd) but that would be about it. That's too much of a price to move up, say #25 + #36 + #55 is still a bit too much, never mind a mid 1st draft pick that's progressing nicely.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Interesting. Horvat and Domi are both potential guys Winnipeg could take as well so Beaulieau + 25 or something similar might be what it would take.

Not sure about the value but Winnipeg isn't just going to do the Habs a solid and trade down just because you know.

We already have 3 2nd round pick this draft so another might be a little redundant.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:12 PM
TT1

rofl terrible trade for montreal. beaulieu alone has higher value than your pick, hes gonna be a solid top 2-4 PMD. and on top of that you want our 1st and 2nd rounders aswell?

TT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
rofl terrible trade for montreal. beaulieu alone has higher value than your pick, hes gonna be a solid top 2-4 PMD. and on top of that you want our 1st and 2nd rounders aswell?
OP is a Habs fan?

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:32 PM
KingHab

if horvat is still there as a habs fan i do this 10/10

KingHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
OP is a Habs fan?
greenstickytoes is a little bit polarizing IMO. He either makes a lot of good sense (usually ) or totally misses the boat. I think he missed the boat on this one though. Beaulieu + #85 would be worth #13. He has progressed very well the last couple of seasons and looked okay during his call up.

As well, wouldn't move up for Horvat or Domi. Might not even draft either of them at #13. So perhaps I'm biased and he's just really high on them.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:36 PM
greenstickytoes

its not an overpayment if we get Horvat or Domi.. im sure those 2 players will be better
than Beaulieu will for a team. if not beaulieu, an early 2nd rounder in a deep draft is practically worth a late 1st. the potential and talent from 28 - 36 is practically the same.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
this was purposed by a habs fan.

the trade was Beauliue + MTL first for wpg's or
mtl first + 2nd for wpgs (which is odd as he's clearly putting bealiu at the value of a high second)

the two guys mentioned are kind of the two guys we'd be hanging around for, so the value has to be there, and i don't think for Winnipeg (in the position there in with 3 2nd rounders already) a second and the trade back is worth it (unless their high on somoen ranked lower).

as sully said, wpg's not gonna do it just to "do mtl a solid".

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Draft

Quote:
its not an overpayment if we get Horvat or Domi.. im sure those 2 players will be better
than Beaulieu will for a team. if not beaulieu, an early 2nd rounder in a deep draft is practically worth a late 1st. the potential and talent from 28 - 36 is practically the same.
Gotta be careful with the shiny new toy syndrome though. Beaulieu was once a highly touted prospect as well and is following a very good development curve, I'm not sure I'd take the risk. Beaulieu's still progressing to turn out as a top-4/top-pairing offensive d-man, those bring a lot to a team.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:51 PM
greenstickytoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post

mtl first + 2nd for wpgs (which is odd as he's clearly putting bealiu at the value of a high second)

the two guys mentioned are kind of the two guys we'd be hanging around for, so the value has to be there, and i don't think for Winnipeg (in the position there in with 3 2nd rounders already) a second and the trade back is worth it (unless their high on somoen ranked lower).

if Wpg have no interest in Beaulieu then Mtl offers an early 2nd in a deep draft.
i never said that beaulieu's value is the same as a high 2nd.. i gave another option.
thats all.. maybe Wpg would have a player they would want more in the 2nd that
that they know that he might leave in the early 2nd maybe 40th at latest..
plus they get a 25th player who again can still be something pretty decent.
all of Wpgs 2nd rounders are mid or late.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:53 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post

oh wow i missread the op because i assumed he meant beaulieu + 2nd, seeing as the 2 have nowhere near the same value. 1st + 2nd for wpg's 1st is fine in value i guess, i like alot of the low 1st rounders/early 2nd rounders tho. also, i would only move up for horvat

TT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:55 PM
greenstickytoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Gotta be careful with the shiny new toy syndrome though. Beaulieu was once a highly touted prospect as well and is following a very good development curve, I'm not sure I'd take the risk. Beaulieu's still progressing to turn out as a top-4/top-pairing offensive d-man, those bring a lot to a team.
true but according to this draft. i think a 13th pick will beat a 17th pick 2 years ago.
especially if its Horvat or Domi.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Being sure and being a sure thing isn't the same thing.

I think there are enough question marks about both Domi (size) and Horvat (will his game translate) that I wouldn't overpay to get either. I would be willing to pay a fair price for either of them and would take either at the #13 spot, gladly, but there is a risk taking either. Is Horvat going to be better then Poirier or Erne, probably but not a certainty and same thing with Domi, is he going to be better then Wennberg or Petan? It's a deep draft, there's no reason to overpay to move up, that's all.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
true but according to this draft. i think a 13th pick will beat a 17th pick 2 years ago.
especially if its Horvat or Domi.
It's not a 17th vs 13th pick situation. It's 17th from 2 years ago + 25th this year for 13th.

Not the same situation at all.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I'm just curious, but who do Montreal fans value more Beaulieu or Tinordi?

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Overall, Tinordi easily but Beaulieu is the more naturally talented. Size is a need in Montreal.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Treb

Quote:
if Wpg have no interest in Beaulieu then Mtl offers an early 2nd in a deep draft.
i never said that beaulieu's value is the same as a high 2nd.. i gave another option.
thats all.. maybe Wpg would have a player they would want more in the 2nd that
that they know that he might leave in the early 2nd maybe 40th at latest..
plus they get a 25th player who again can still be something pretty decent.
all of Wpgs 2nd rounders are mid or late.
It would make more sense to offer either 25th+36th or Beaulieu+36th as Beaulieu has more value than the 25th.

Treb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:45 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Habs need to hold on to Beaulieu, he's the Markov of the future...#25 & #36 for #13 might be doable, though...in fact, the Habs may need to add more, say a minor prospect or so.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Tinordi by a hair due to our need for size on defence. Both are blue chip guys, though, and not to be tossed around in trades for futures. Neither one should be available, especially with our team needs and cap situation going forward.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:53 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Doesn't make sense to trade Beaulieu+ for the 13th. Ideally, Nate is shipped with a proven player for an upgrade at a position of need. Habs easily say no to this.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote