HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFA Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2013, 11:56 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
But who is out there to sign at a price Poile is willing to pay? He doesn't rush on July 1 and he is loathe to overpay and I don't see any quality ideas that make him change his stripes. Something more like the sully trade seems much more likely than an equivalent ufa signing.
I think Poile may be allowed to overpay this summer if he needs to to fill the holes. Ownership clearly isnt going to accept another bad season.

I expect at least one "decent" ufa signing and at least one substantial trade this summer, plus a number of smaller moves clearing out the deadwood

Old
06-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Persona5

Any winger that played with Crosby I do not want. He makes them look WAY better than they really are...

Neal is the only one I would consider and there is no way they move that cap friendly contract.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Persona5

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
But who is out there to sign at a price Poile is willing to pay? He doesn't rush on July 1 and he is loathe to overpay and I don't see any quality ideas that make him change his stripes. Something more like the sully trade seems much more likely than an equivalent ufa signing.
Stalberg and Ferance are the two I think could be had at fair prices. If we find a team to take SK's contract we can manage both easily. I can see Stalberg getting 3.5m a year for 3-5 years and Ferance can be had for around 4m for 3 years.

Chicago won't be able to keep Stalberg at that figure for sure. If he takes less than 2m a year they may be able to manage it. I don't see that happening.

Boston has to sign Rask and after that they will not be able to keep Ferance and Horton so both should be on the open market.

The team would look something like this.

Wilson/Fisher/Horny
Bourque/Legwand/Stalberg
Smith/Barkov/Beck or Forsberg
Spaling/Gaustad/Clune

Josi/Weber
Ferance/Klein
Bartley/Blum or Ellis

Bench: Butler/Gill/Yip or Halischuk

I wouldn't mind watching that team next season.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:20 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

CapGeek has been updated with the Josi signing. Assuming we sign all of our RFA's and UFA's (all are minor) and none get raises (I don't see why any of them should), we should have about $8 mil to spend (need a backup goaltender).

Currently, we have $12.8 left. All of our remaining free agents made a combined $4.8 last season.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:26 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Poile said yesterday he wanted to have decisions on some guys by the end of the week. Maybe then we will have a clearer understanding of where he wants to go.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:54 PM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
I bet Poile grabs some guys no one is talking about. Should be an interesting summer.
Dont we always think that? Then we sign either no body or an semi-okay player?

Old
06-11-2013, 01:07 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCola88 View Post
pretty much..

Old
06-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Soundgarden

The way this summer is going already I think Poile has something up his sleeve.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I bet Poile grabs some guys no one is talking about. Should be an interesting summer.
Damien Brunner?

Old
06-11-2013, 02:36 PM
glenngineer

Bickell no.
Stalberg no.
Pretty much all of the UFA's out there, NO.

I realize we want to make moves. I realize we want to get better but to overpay for any of this UFA class is stupid. The few that I'd like to see us sign we won't go after because of the bidding war. The ones that we would then go after are exactly like the guys we already have, 2nd and 3rd line tweeners. There is no top line talent that is available and that is what we need. Why spend the money or go after guys that one, aren't elite talent or even top line talent for the price they're going to get on the open market? I get that people want to make moves but if it's a lateral move, what's the point.

Depending on who we pick up in the draft is going to dictate who we target in free agency. I'm not sold on going after any forwards but I wouldn't mind taking a shot at one of the RFA defensemen that are out there. Between Pietrangelo, Bogosian and Shattenkirk, I'd be happy with any one of them. Sign one to a 4-5 year deal, and our top 4 defense is set for the next 4-5 years. At that point, we'll know if Ellis or Ekholm or Blum are ready to get bumped up to the second pairing or we may have drafted our second pairing guys and are ready to make the leap. I think a guy that goes under the radar on the back end that might be good to target is Scuderi. He just goes out and does his job. He's not flashy but he's played second pairing for Pittsburgh and LA during their Stanley Cup runs. He's got experience, still has a few years left in his tank and may fit well with Klein.

I like our future up front with the forwards we have and those that are coming up through the system. If we can land Barkov at 4 AND we plan on moving Wilson to center, we should be set up the middle with those two and Watson and Spaling as our 3 and 4. Of course, that is once Legwand and Fisher's contracts are up. Forward wise we have Beck, Hornqvist, Bourque, SK, Forsberg to fight for the top 6 winger roles. If we don't move Wilson to center he is in that discussion as well.

Someone mentioned going after Brunner and I think that might be a good move. It would be an interesting move for sure but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

I've lost my train of thought. I'm out.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:43 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Our best offseason asset may be cap room. Trades (or buyouts) may be easier to come by.

Old
06-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Bickell no.
Stalberg no.
Pretty much all of the UFA's out there, NO.

I realize we want to make moves. I realize we want to get better but to overpay for any of this UFA class is stupid. The few that I'd like to see us sign we won't go after because of the bidding war. The ones that we would then go after are exactly like the guys we already have, 2nd and 3rd line tweeners. There is no top line talent that is available and that is what we need. Why spend the money or go after guys that one, aren't elite talent or even top line talent for the price they're going to get on the open market? I get that people want to make moves but if it's a lateral move, what's the point.

Depending on who we pick up in the draft is going to dictate who we target in free agency. I'm not sold on going after any forwards but I wouldn't mind taking a shot at one of the RFA defensemen that are out there. Between Pietrangelo, Bogosian and Shattenkirk, I'd be happy with any one of them. Sign one to a 4-5 year deal, and our top 4 defense is set for the next 4-5 years. At that point, we'll know if Ellis or Ekholm or Blum are ready to get bumped up to the second pairing or we may have drafted our second pairing guys and are ready to make the leap. I think a guy that goes under the radar on the back end that might be good to target is Scuderi. He just goes out and does his job. He's not flashy but he's played second pairing for Pittsburgh and LA during their Stanley Cup runs. He's got experience, still has a few years left in his tank and may fit well with Klein.

I like our future up front with the forwards we have and those that are coming up through the system. If we can land Barkov at 4 AND we plan on moving Wilson to center, we should be set up the middle with those two and Watson and Spaling as our 3 and 4. Of course, that is once Legwand and Fisher's contracts are up. Forward wise we have Beck, Hornqvist, Bourque, SK, Forsberg to fight for the top 6 winger roles. If we don't move Wilson to center he is in that discussion as well.

Someone mentioned going after Brunner and I think that might be a good move. It would be an interesting move for sure but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

I've lost my train of thought. I'm out.
No on Stalberg but Brunner would be a good move? Why?

Stalberg had 23 points and was a +16. Brunner had 26 pts and was a -6. What makes Brunner a good move and VS a no? Money they may potentially get?

Old
06-11-2013, 04:13 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCola88 View Post
Or he plucks a Sullivan out of nowhere.

Old
06-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Persona5

Stalberg would produce far better being on the 1st or second line with Nashville without question. His size and speed are extremely hard to come by. Why not give him 3.5-4m a year for 3 years. You won't have to sign Josi/Rinne/Weber/Klein/Forsberg/Barkov?/Hornqvist in that time period. Wilson and Bourque are the only 2 players in the next 3 years I would worry about having cap room to sign and you have Fishers and Legwands contracts off the books in that time period.

Another bonus is Gaustads contract is also off the books when Forsberg/(4th pck) Barkov could be up for contracts. Poile seems to be doing a very good job of setting us up for the future.

Old
06-11-2013, 04:33 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Ryder and Streit would be perfect additions to our young team.

Id be thrilled if we walked away with a sniper who can play any line and a 2nd pairing dman...

Old
06-11-2013, 04:33 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Also awesome username OP

Old
06-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
Ryder and Streit would be perfect additions to our young team.

Id be thrilled if we walked away with a sniper who can play any line and a 2nd pairing dman...
Streit has already turned down 4 mil for two years, he wants 5 mil and 4 years. Hes 35 years old now. Only way DP even sniffs at him is if hes not signed in Sept then he may offer 3.5 for two years but I expect DP will be done with moves by then.

If Ryder would take 4mil for three that may be a good move but you can expect some GM probably named Feaster will give him 5 per for 3.

Theres just no traction in the UFA's. DP could snag someone who is bought out but like said before its likely a tweener thus the reason there being bought out. There will be a couple good pieces bought more than likely but the bidding war and cap space will limit Poile.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

A brad Richards, Lecavlier, or briere buy out could bring new options

Old
06-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Richards and Briere seem destined for buyouts, but Vinny stays. Can you name another C on the Lightning besides Stamkos? Honestly, I can't. His deal isn't even that bad, really.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Richards and Briere seem destined for buyouts, but Vinny stays. Can you name another C on the Lightning besides Stamkos? Honestly, I can't. His deal isn't even that bad, really.
This is the very reason they are looking at Barkov

Old
06-11-2013, 06:52 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Streit has already turned down 4 mil for two years, he wants 5 mil and 4 years. Hes 35 years old now. Only way DP even sniffs at him is if hes not signed in Sept then he may offer 3.5 for two years but I expect DP will be done with moves by then.

If Ryder would take 4mil for three that may be a good move but you can expect some GM probably named Feaster will give him 5 per for 3.

Theres just no traction in the UFA's. DP could snag someone who is bought out but like said before its likely a tweener thus the reason there being bought out. There will be a couple good pieces bought more than likely but the bidding war and cap space will limit Poile.
I may be thinking a little outside of the box here but maybe he may want out of NY. It was mentioned in Josi interview today that Josi is working out with Streit. Now that Josi is signed for a nice deal and he is obviously close with Streit could a wanted destination for Streit be Nashville with Josi?

Old
06-11-2013, 09:29 PM
RCola88

Quote:
I may be thinking a little outside of the box here but maybe he may want out of NY. It was mentioned in Josi interview today that Josi is working out with Streit. Now that Josi is signed for a nice deal and he is obviously close with Streit could a wanted destination for Streit be Nashville with Josi?
I am really hoping this is the case.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I'm kind of leaning towards Streit being overkill for what we need. I just want to see a solid $2-3M defender who isn't flashy. Something along the lines of Ference or Rozsival.

Save the splash for the forward position.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'm kind of leaning towards Streit being overkill for what we need. I just want to see a solid $2-3M defender who isn't flashy. Something along the lines of Ference or Rozsival.

Save the splash for the forward position.
Adding Scuderi to that list.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Adam Hall.

Closed Thread