HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Comparing Habs prospects to NHLers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2013, 10:23 PM
  #1
Galchenyuk4habs
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk4habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Comparing Habs prospects to NHLers

I'd like to make a fun thread comparing our current prospects to NHLer's
As the NHL draft is approaching, I'd like to have some fun with comparing our prospects with current NHL players, according to the game-style, size and potential. If you can't find a good comparison, but know a bigger, or smaller player who resembles them, feel free to do the comparison adding the side-note.

You can do any prospect you want, I personally have not watched all the habs prospects play, so it would be informative, to know what to expect from a player. Alex Galchenyuk and other youngsters could be included. You could do a rating out of /10 on the chances of your player reaching that potential.

My personal list:
Jarred Tinordi= Erik Johnson 8/10
Alex Galchenyuk= Jonathon Toews 8/10
Nathan Beaulieu= Mike Green 7.5/10
Sebastian Collberg= Daniel Alfredsson 7/10
Dalton Thrower= James Wisnewski 7.5/10
Louis Leblanc= Janik Hansen 6/10
Morgan Ellis= Johnny Boychuck 7/10
Danny Kristo= Danny Briere 7.5/10
Michael Bournival= Chris Kelly 8/10
Greg Pateryn= Chris Phillips 7/10
Gabriel Dumont= Brad Marchand 7/10
Darren Dietz= Johnny Boychuck (once again) 8/10
Brady Vail= lesser Sean Couturier 8/10

So that is my list, I obviously left out some players because I don't know them too much. Some comparison might be off, so apologize if that offends you, but, to summarize, it looks like the habs have a bright future ahead of them. Specially after this draft

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:49 PM
  #2
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
I'd like to make a fun thread comparing our current prospects to NHLer's
As the NHL draft is approaching, I'd like to have some fun with comparing our prospects with current NHL players, according to the game-style, size and potential. If you can't find a good comparison, but know a bigger, or smaller player who resembles them, feel free to do the comparison adding the side-note.

You can do any prospect you want, I personally have not watched all the habs prospects play, so it would be informative, to know what to expect from a player. Alex Galchenyuk and other youngsters could be included. You could do a rating out of /10 on the chances of your player reaching that potential.

My personal list:
Jarred Tinordi= Erik Johnson 8/10
Alex Galchenyuk= Jonathon Toews 8/10
Nathan Beaulieu= Mike Green 7.5/10
Sebastian Collberg= Daniel Alfredsson 7/10
Dalton Thrower= James Wisnewski 7.5/10
Louis Leblanc= Janik Hansen 6/10
Morgan Ellis= Johnny Boychuck 7/10
Danny Kristo= Danny Briere 7.5/10
Michael Bournival= Chris Kelly 8/10
Greg Pateryn= Chris Phillips 7/10
Gabriel Dumont= Brad Marchand 7/10
Darren Dietz= Johnny Boychuck (once again) 8/10
Brady Vail= lesser Sean Couturier 8/10

So that is my list, I obviously left out some players because I don't know them too much. Some comparison might be off, so apologize if that offends you, but, to summarize, it looks like the habs have a bright future ahead of them. Specially after this draft
You're comparing these prospects to established NHL players, some of whom were first or second round picks. It doesn't offend me but I don't agree with a number of your comparisons. However, not I'm ruling out the possibility that I've underrated some of them. Let's see what kind of careers they have.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:51 PM
  #3
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,607
vCash: 500
Nathan Beaulieu to me reminds me a lot of Jack Johnson., don't think he has the same offensive game as Green, and is more physical than him I think.

Also don't like the Tinordi and EJ comparison, I think Tinordi is more of a stay at home D-men, maybe Regehr, or Methot.

everything else seems good, I like the Thrower and Wiz comparison.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:02 AM
  #4
RyanBostonRedsox
Registered User
 
RyanBostonRedsox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
He's not an nhler, but Brady Vail reminds me a lot of Boone Jenner in the STL organization. I think Vail will be one of those bottom 6 guys that teams need to have in order to go far in the playoffs.

RyanBostonRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:42 AM
  #5
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,858
vCash: 500
I'd say...

Jarred Tinordi= Peter Popovic
Alex Galchenyuk= Alfie Turcotte
Nathan Beaulieu= Karl Dykhuis
Sebastian Collberg= Jose Charbonneau
Dalton Thrower= Patrick Traverse
Louis Leblanc= Paul DiPietro
Morgan Ellis= Marko Kiprusoff
Danny Kristo= Patric Kjellberg
Michael Bournival= Martin St. Amour
Greg Pateryn= Kevin Dahl
Gabriel Dumont= Steve Larouche
Darren Dietz= Alan Letang
Brady Vail= Sebastien Bordeleau

voila!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:46 AM
  #6
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I'd say...

Jarred Tinordi= Peter Popovic
Alex Galchenyuk= Alfie Turcotte
Nathan Beaulieu= Karl Dykhuis
Sebastian Collberg= Jose Charbonneau
Dalton Thrower= Patrick Traverse
Louis Leblanc= Paul DiPietro
Morgan Ellis= Marko Kiprusoff
Danny Kristo= Patric Kjellberg
Michael Bournival= Martin St. Amour
Greg Pateryn= Kevin Dahl
Gabriel Dumont= Steve Larouche
Darren Dietz= Alan Letang
Brady Vail= Sebastien Bordeleau

voila!
I think you're just a blind fan who is seriously overrating our prospects.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:18 AM
  #7
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I'd say...

Jarred Tinordi= Peter Popovic
Alex Galchenyuk= Alfie Turcotte
Nathan Beaulieu= Karl Dykhuis
Sebastian Collberg= Jose Charbonneau
Dalton Thrower= Patrick Traverse
Louis Leblanc= Paul DiPietro
Morgan Ellis= Marko Kiprusoff
Danny Kristo= Patric Kjellberg
Michael Bournival= Martin St. Amour
Greg Pateryn= Kevin Dahl
Gabriel Dumont= Steve Larouche
Darren Dietz= Alan Letang
Brady Vail= Sebastien Bordeleau

voila!
If 2 or 3 of your predictions pan out like that, this is a lucky team!

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 04:07 PM
  #8
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Hoping for this:

Galchenyuk: mix of M.Hossa and Toews.

Gallagher: a mix of Theo Fleury with the energy of any awesome/brave, hard-working 3rd-4th line spark-plug.

J.Tinordi: Derian Hatcher and poor man C.Pronger...might end up being a meaner/tougher Hal Gill.

D.Thrower: Odelein and Wizniewski.

L.Leblanc: poor man version of Patrice Bergeron or better (and/or 3rd line version of him or better since Leblanc also has some offensive upside...has good/smart hockey sense).


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 06-11-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 04:10 PM
  #9
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 500
I'd say this is a fun exercise, but an exercise in futility. I don't remember many NHL'er comparisons that ever came true.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 04:12 PM
  #10
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
He's not an nhler, but Brady Vail reminds me a lot of Boone Jenner in the STL organization. I think Vail will be one of those bottom 6 guys that teams need to have in order to go far in the playoffs.
Boone Jenner is in the Columbus organization.

Jarred Tinordi= ???
Alex Galchenyuk= Spezza
Nathan Beaulieu= Brisebois
Sebastian Collberg= ???
Dalton Thrower= Bieksa
Louis Leblanc= Right-handed Dupuis
Morgan Ellis= Gorges
Danny Kristo= ???
Michael Bournival= ???
Greg Pateryn= Sopel?
Gabriel Dumont= Smaller Lapierre
Darren Dietz= ???
Brady Vail= ???

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 04:17 PM
  #11
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 17,223
vCash: 50
Alexander Avtsin = Alex Ovechkin

easy.

Jee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:01 PM
  #12
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man
 
Dirty Danglez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Kristo = Hagelin

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:27 PM
  #13
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
I'd like to make a fun thread comparing our current prospects to NHLer's
As the NHL draft is approaching, I'd like to have some fun with comparing our prospects with current NHL players, according to the game-style, size and potential. If you can't find a good comparison, but know a bigger, or smaller player who resembles them, feel free to do the comparison adding the side-note.

You can do any prospect you want, I personally have not watched all the habs prospects play, so it would be informative, to know what to expect from a player. Alex Galchenyuk and other youngsters could be included. You could do a rating out of /10 on the chances of your player reaching that potential.

My personal list:
Jarred Tinordi= Erik Johnson 8/10
Alex Galchenyuk= Jonathon Toews 8/10
Nathan Beaulieu= Mike Green 7.5/10
Sebastian Collberg= Daniel Alfredsson 7/10
Dalton Thrower= James Wisnewski 7.5/10
Louis Leblanc= Janik Hansen 6/10
Morgan Ellis= Johnny Boychuck 7/10
Danny Kristo= Danny Briere 7.5/10
Michael Bournival= Chris Kelly 8/10
Greg Pateryn= Chris Phillips 7/10
Gabriel Dumont= Brad Marchand 7/10
Darren Dietz= Johnny Boychuck (once again) 8/10
Brady Vail= lesser Sean Couturier 8/10

So that is my list, I obviously left out some players because I don't know them too much. Some comparison might be off, so apologize if that offends you, but, to summarize, it looks like the habs have a bright future ahead of them. Specially after this draft
I don't understand the Tinordi-Johson one at all. Tinordi is a big/tough bruising d-man, Johnson is a big mobile guy who is supposed to be an impact guy offensively but who hasn't really put it all together.

Tinordi is more like Weber Chara or Regehr(in his prime).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:32 PM
  #14
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,847
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Nathan Beaulieu = Mike Green

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:43 PM
  #15
shortcat1
Registered User
 
shortcat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Downtown Palau, ON
Country: Palau
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I'd say...

Jarred Tinordi= Peter Popovic
Alex Galchenyuk= Alfie Turcotte
Nathan Beaulieu= Karl Dykhuis
Sebastian Collberg= Jose Charbonneau
Dalton Thrower= Patrick Traverse
Louis Leblanc= Paul DiPietro
Morgan Ellis= Marko Kiprusoff
Danny Kristo= Patric Kjellberg
Michael Bournival= Martin St. Amour
Greg Pateryn= Kevin Dahl
Gabriel Dumont= Steve Larouche
Darren Dietz= Alan Letang
Brady Vail= Sebastien Bordeleau

voila!
I had a great laugh at that! All busts. Wonderful humour.

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:43 PM
  #16
shortcat1
Registered User
 
shortcat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Downtown Palau, ON
Country: Palau
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Alexander Avtsin = Alex Ovechkin

easy.
Well... they rhyme anyway.

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:42 PM
  #17
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,522
vCash: 500
Alex Galchenyuk - Anze Kopitar or Jonathan Toews
Brendan Gallagher - Ryan Callahan
Nathan Beaulieu - Mike Green
Jarred Tinordi - Scott Stevens or Darian Hatcher
Sebastian Collberg - Daniel Alfredsson
Dalton Thrower - Kevin Bieksa
Brady Vail - Gregory Campbell
Morgan Ellis - Johnny Boychuk

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:53 PM
  #18
Harpo
Lyle forever
 
Harpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcat1 View Post
I had a great laugh at that! All busts. Wonderful humour.
Actually Dipietro had a 0.42 ppg rate in the NHL and is still playing in Switzerland at age 43, so I'd be OK if Leblanc followed in his path, at this point.

Edit: And Paul was money in the playoffs.

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:16 PM
  #19
shortcat1
Registered User
 
shortcat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Downtown Palau, ON
Country: Palau
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
Actually Dipietro had a 0.42 ppg rate in the NHL and is still playing in Switzerland at age 43, so I'd be OK if Leblanc followed in his path, at this point.

Edit: And Paul was money in the playoffs.
He had a hot year. Good thing, though it was just in time for a Stanley Cup.

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.