HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Colorado (not again!)

Old
06-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Suprbad

vCash: 500
Toronto - Colorado (not again!)

Proposal:

Gardiner+MacArthur for Stastny +2nd round

Colorado can then draft Mackinnon

Colorado 2013 lineup

McGinn - Duchene - Paranteau
Landeskog - Mackinnon - Jones
MacArthur- O-Reilly - Downie
Borderleau- Mitchell - Palushaj

Defence:
EJ, Hejda, Gardiner, Barrie, Elliot, Siemens, O'brien, Wilson

buyout: Zannon

Suprbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Wouldn't mind it...

would prefer the 2nd is 2014 though.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:23 PM
nazembiggs*

No thank you, switch Gardiner with gunnerson or Franson and you got a deal.

nazembiggs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:32 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazembiggs View Post
No thank you, switch Gardiner with gunnerson or Franson and you got a deal.
Mac is a UFA

Franson + Frattin + 2nd ?

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Kbs

I wouldn't do it. It's not worth dealing Gardiner to hope Stastny re-signs and regains his #1 centre form.

MacArthur is a UFA by the way. He holds next to no value.

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Kb21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Seriously, why was this proposed?
why don't you ask your fellow avs fan. and if you think stasny = gardiner in value

Kb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Avsman12

This wouldn't work at all.

Firstly: MacArthur is a UFA who has one season of 62pts and the rest has barely broken 30pts. However I do like Gardiner.

Secondly: the Leafs are going to have a hard enough time this year signing the players they do have without Stastny's 6.6 million cap hit getting in the way. With less than 20 million to work with they'll have to share it between (Stastny, Kadri, Gunner, Franson, Komarov, and a potential #1 goalie which the Leafs fans have been begging for) not to mention if they choose to resign Bozak Kosta, McLaren, and Orr.

The leafs would have to move Grabovski to Colorado to make the room needed for Stastny which would defeat the purpose of the trade. Not to mention the fact that Stastny is younger, has more points (almost 2x reg season and 4x playoff), and a better attitude then Grabovski.

It just doesn't make sense on any front.

Avsman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
why don't you ask your fellow avs fan. and if you think stasny = gardiner in value
He isn't an Avs fan. He has 14 posts, and in one of them, in reference to the Sens he says " He would help our playoff push." and also this "Sens take this, we'd even add a prospect. "

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
Would never add a 2nd, let alone 32nd overall to Stastny to acquire Gardiner. Rather let Barrie, Elliott and Siemens develop and be patient. Adding Jones and keeping Staz makes more sense.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:16 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

No thanks.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:22 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsman12 View Post
This wouldn't work at all.

Firstly: MacArthur is a UFA who has one season of 62pts and the rest has barely broken 30pts. However I do like Gardiner.

Secondly: the Leafs are going to have a hard enough time this year signing the players they do have without Stastny's 6.6 million cap hit getting in the way. With less than 20 million to work with they'll have to share it between (Stastny, Kadri, Gunner, Franson, Komarov, and a potential #1 goalie which the Leafs fans have been begging for) not to mention if they choose to resign Bozak Kosta, McLaren, and Orr.

The leafs would have to move Grabovski to Colorado to make the room needed for Stastny which would defeat the purpose of the trade. Not to mention the fact that Stastny is younger, has more points (almost 2x reg season and 4x playoff), and a better attitude then Grabovski.

It just doesn't make sense on any front.
I'm not a fan of either team, but I think it works if a 3rd team is involved to take Grabovski. There was another thread discussing a Grabovski for Trevor Daley trade so as an EXAMPLE

Assuming Daley and Grabovski would waive their NTCs how about something like this just for sh1ts and giggles ...

Dallas trades Daley ($3.3m) and Aaron Rome ($1.5m) to Toronto for Grabovski ($5.5m) and either a draft pick or a player on a 2 way deal who is waiver exempt. Aaron Rome's involvement is mandatory to offset the salary.

Toronto trades Gunnarson (RFA) and a pick/player (Frattin?) for Stastny. IMO now is the time to move Stastny because he can be re-signed in the final year of his deal.

Arguing over value aside, this would address the needs of these three teams.
- Dallas turns an abundance of D into a 2nd line centre without adding signifacant salary
- Colorado gets a partner for Johnson
- Toronto gets their first line centre

These would also assume that Jones, Liles and Komisarek are gone via trade or buyout

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Inverted

If anything the Leafs could very well be unloading Grabovski this summer. Why would they take on another ridiculous contract; Stastny, who's stats have been on the decline ever since he got his big paycheck that too at the expense of Gardiner.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Suprbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
He isn't an Avs fan. He has 14 posts, and in one of them, in reference to the Sens he says " He would help our playoff push." and also this "Sens take this, we'd even add a prospect. "
Actually, both Sens and Avs are my team.

Suprbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:36 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
I'm not a fan of either team, but I think it works if a 3rd team is involved to take Grabovski. There was another thread discussing a Grabovski for Trevor Daley trade so as an EXAMPLE

Assuming Daley and Grabovski would waive their NTCs how about something like this just for sh1ts and giggles ...

Dallas trades Daley ($3.3m) and Aaron Rome ($1.5m) to Toronto for Grabovski ($5.5m) and either a draft pick or a player on a 2 way deal who is waiver exempt. Aaron Rome's involvement is mandatory to offset the salary.

Toronto trades Gunnarson (RFA) and a pick/player (Frattin?) for Stastny. IMO now is the time to move Stastny because he can be re-signed in the final year of his deal.

Arguing over value aside, this would address the needs of these three teams.
- Dallas turns an abundance of D into a 2nd line centre without adding signifacant salary
- Colorado gets a partner for Johnson
- Toronto gets their first line centre

These would also assume that Jones, Liles and Komisarek are gone via trade or buyout
How on earth does Colorado need Gunnarson??
We have enough 1 way D contracts already who won't cut it on the first pairing next to Johnson.
Why the hell woud we give up Stastny to gain nothing of need??

If there is a time to trade Stastny it is at the deadline.
And only if we can not re-sign him.
I gladly take the late 1st + bust prospect (who looks good at first) over those meh pieces we don't need....

JoemAvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Avsman12

That could work, assuming that Gunnarsson could be or is a #1 pairing defenseman, why wouldn;t Dallas deal with Colorado directly and trade Rome and Daley for Stastny?

However I like Stastny and I think he will regain his form away from Joe Sacco, having the coaching change may see Stastny's line mates more suited to his style of play.

Avsman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:38 PM
tucker3434

The 2nd has jumped to the other side! Stastny's value is declining! Sell! Sell! Sell!

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:43 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

No. Stastny is not worth giving up Gardiner. He's too overpaid for a 50 point player.

EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeGoat View Post
No. Stastny is not worth giving up Gardiner. He's too overpaid for a 50 point player.
Yup, at that price they can keep stastny and draft whoever the **** they want.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:16 PM
N o o d l e s

Deal seems much more appealing to Colorado than to Toronto, IMO. Colorado could even still take Jones here, giving them a d core of Johnson, Gardiner, and Jones -- miles better than what they have currently. They could then bump ROR up to 2C and then fill out the rest of their bottom 6 as they see fit.

I'm all for Gardiner leaving the division

All that being said, Toronto doesn't do this, I don't think. And a large part of that is the way Kadri broke out this year.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 03:10 AM
firstemperor

Sorry Av fans but no interest in getting the luxury of paying Stastny his next contract, let alone give up Gardiner for him.

We have Phaneuf and Kessel going to UFA soon and Gardiner is controllable and a key asset for us moving forward. Gardiner isn't getting traded for anything short of a legitimate #1C.

Again, I apologize to Av fans that the notion of Stastny to Toronto is even raised at this point. I think both fan-bases have heard enough of our respective stances- which is:

Avs want Gardiner.
Leaf fans aren't willing to add him.

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 07:04 AM
Sparksrus3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprbad View Post
Proposal:

Gardiner+MacArthur for Stastny +2nd round

Colorado can then draft Mackinnon

Colorado 2013 lineup

McGinn - Duchene - Paranteau
Landeskog - Mackinnon - Jones
MacArthur- O-Reilly - Downie
Borderleau- Mitchell - Palushaj

Defence:
EJ, Hejda, Gardiner, Barrie, Elliot, Siemens, O'brien, Wilson

buyout: Zannon
So if they don't make this trade they have to draft someone else? Sorry it's not you it's me. At least that's what my wife says

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 07:05 AM
CB Joe

I wouldn't give up Stastny for Gardiner unless the Avs were 100% sure they can't keep him. MacAuthur is a UFA in a month, why would the Avs give up the 32 overall for him? His rights are worth about a 6th or 7th rounder.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:25 AM
gabeliscious

nonis is on record as saying that he will only trade a young player for a young player. im sure there are exceptions but i dont see him moving gardiner for stastny. obviously macarthur has no value but i still dont see nonis jumping on this deal.

im not overly concerned with stastny resigning because im sure it would be a condition of the trade but i dont see the leafs being able to take on an extra $4 million in cap space without sending something back.

id be curious to see if stastny is moved at some point what his actual value is. most aves fans seem to think he is worth significant assets and most other fan bases think he is worth less. i think its obvious that he would be somewhere in the middle....whatever that would be.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:21 AM
marty111

No thanks.

Colorado can take the risk on Stastny this year and trade him for less than that at the trade deadline when they are eventually forced to make a move.

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I wouldn't give up Stastny for Gardiner unless the Avs were 100% sure they can't keep him. MacAuthur is a UFA in a month, why would the Avs give up the 32 overall for him? His rights are worth about a 6th or 7th rounder.
Jake Gardiner has for sure had some oops moments but the way his play came around in the playoffs would suggest to anyone, rationally, that most teams would jump at him for a player like Stastny. If Im Colorado I would jump at such a trade. If Im TO, I'd be real hesitant.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote