HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonas Hiller

Old
06-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Unagi

vCash: 500
Jonas Hiller

I am curious which teams out there would be interested in acquiring Hiller who has 1 year left at 4.5 mill. And most importantly, what would they give up?

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Bobblehead

Depends on what you're looking for? The same names will come up from Edmonton all the time.... Gagner, Hemsky, Horcoff, (possibly) PRV, Potter, 7th overall.

Other Ducks of interest - Sbisa, Beleskey and Winnik.

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:46 PM
inthewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
Depends on what you're looking for? The same names will come up from Edmonton all the time.... Gagner, Hemsky, Horcoff, (possibly) PRV, Potter, 7th overall.

Other Ducks of interest - Sbisa, Beleskey and Winnik.
Why does everyone have Edmonton looking for help in net? Isn't Dubnyk kind of good?

inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Iceonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
Why does everyone have Edmonton looking for help in net? Isn't Dubnyk kind of good?
Dubnyk needs a goaltender that can either push him or replace him.

Seems like a good fit with only 1 year left on his deal.

Want your 2nd in this years draft back?

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:59 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post

I'd do Hiller for 2 2nd round picks (this year and next year)

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Iceonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Deal.

That 2nd was for the Cogs trade anyways. I am glad he worked out for you guys.

Old
06-11-2013, 07:06 PM
One M0RE YEAR

Quote:
that seems like low value for hiller..Wouldn't you rather roll with Gibson+hiller over Gibson and fasth??Personally id trade fasth for a 2nd before i did that deal

One M0RE YEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:12 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by One M0RE YEAR View Post
that seems like low value for hiller..Wouldn't you rather roll with Gibson+hiller over Gibson and fasth??Personally id trade fasth for a 2nd before i did that deal
Fasth is cheaper. Rather keep him and unload Hiller. We might be able to get a little more than 2 2nd round picks, but IDK how much more

Old
06-11-2013, 07:28 PM
One M0RE YEAR

Quote:
Fasth is cheaper. Rather keep him and unload Hiller. We might be able to get a little more than 2 2nd round picks, but IDK how much more
Risky way to go. I loved fasth's play this year but I don't think the ducks would want to go with a rookie (starter) and a prospect as a backup. Although Gibson has been phenomenal in juniors

One M0RE YEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:29 PM
mighty all the way

Hiller is at least worth a roster player and a second round pick if not a first. He's a proven starter and proven starters do not grow on trees. Buffalo will find this out pretty soon if they trade Miller.

Guastad got a 1st, and he's a 4th line center that happens to be good at faceoffs. Hiller should be able to get a late first and one of 3rd line player/prospect/5th dman. I would try for a young promising prospect though, like Ryan Strome.

Ducks get
Ryan Strome

Islanders get
Hiller

Good hockey trade for both teams, Hiller has one year left and tries to prove himself that he is still capable and Islanders get the number one goalie they need if they choose not to go with Nabakov after those playoff games he just had. Ryan Strome will fill the void for the future second line center and battle it out with Holland while Bonino is in the better fit role as 3rd line center.

Edit: Right now in we have Hiller/Fasth/Anderson/Gibson. Anderson had a phenomenal year in the AHL and played in the same league as Fasth before coming to N.A. and was almost on par with him. Its risky to trade Hiller but now would be the time.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:37 PM
66-29-33

If Pens buyout Fleury i'd love Hiller here.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
Hiller is at least worth a roster player and a second round pick if not a first. He's a proven starter and proven starters do not grow on trees. Buffalo will find this out pretty soon if they trade Miller.

Guastad got a 1st, and he's a 4th line center that happens to be good at faceoffs. Hiller should be able to get a late first and one of 3rd line player/prospect/5th dman. I would try for a young promising prospect though, like Ryan Strome.

Ducks get
Ryan Strome

Islanders get
Hiller

Good hockey trade for both teams, Hiller has one year left and tries to prove himself that he is still capable and Islanders get the number one goalie they need if they choose not to go with Nabakov after those playoff games he just had. Ryan Strome will fill the void for the future second line center and battle it out with Holland while Bonino is in the better fit role as 3rd line center.

Edit: Right now in we have Hiller/Fasth/Anderson/Gibson. Anderson had a phenomenal year in the AHL and played in the same league as Fasth before coming to N.A. and was almost on par with him. Its risky to trade Hiller but now would be the time.
Bananas. You are going to get blasted by NYI fans, and rightly so. The goalie market is flush with options that cost less or are better.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:41 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Ducks get
Ryan Strome

Islanders get
Hiller

Yeah. Good luck getting a bluechip prospect for 1 yr of Hiller. When it happens, bump this thread up to remind me how I at your proposal

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:44 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Bananas. You are going to get blasted by NYI fans, and rightly so. The goalie market is flush with options that cost less or are better.
LA Kings fans have been posting for weeks, that Lombardi wouldn't trade 24 yr old Bernier unless he got a top prospect+ a 1st rounder. The press out of LA is saying the Flyers and Kings have been discussing a Read for Bernier trade. That's a far cry from a top prospect+ a 1st rounder.

If Anaheim is expecting a top prospect for Hiller, I think they will be disappointed.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Bobblehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post

He was good, but no one is totally sold on him yet. Has fantastic games where he looks like real thing. Stats were very good on bad team. Then lets in real softies. To be honest I probably prefer a lesser deal for Gibson, Fasth or Andersson(?), but if Hiller is what's offered, I be interested. One second pick is good, but he other might have to be conditional on him re-signing? Would you want to face him within the division?

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Iceonfire

Quote:

Ducks get
Ryan Strome

Islanders get
Hiller

He only has 1 year left on his deal. There are a ton of goalies available this summer also.

You may get a depth roster player or a boom or bust prospect and a pick.

But 2 2nds seem to be the going rate for decent rentals.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Paul4587

Quote:

Ducks get
Ryan Strome

Islanders get
Hiller
Yeah not a chance we get Strome for Hiller.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:38 PM
AngelDuck

Hiller is a rental with a 4.5 cap hit. I'd be stoked if we got 2 2nd round picks from a non-contender team like the Oilers.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:43 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Hiller is a rental with a 4.5 cap hit. I'd be stoked if we got 2 2nd round picks from a non-contender team like the Oilers.
deal =)

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 02:29 AM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
He was good, but no one is totally sold on him yet. Has fantastic games where he looks like real thing. Stats were very good on bad team. Then lets in real softies. To be honest I probably prefer a lesser deal for Gibson, Fasth or Andersson(?), but if Hiller is what's offered, I be interested. One second pick is good, but he other might have to be conditional on him re-signing? Would you want to face him within the division?
That sounds kinda like Hiller actually.

Jesus Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 02:38 AM
crt

That vertigo problem really ****ed him up. He looked like he was well on his way to becoming one of the best goalies in the league.

crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:27 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Hiller is a rental with a 4.5 cap hit.
Why do people keep saying that? If you're signed for a year, you're not a rental. Might as well start calling players two-, three-, five- or ten-year rentals. He's signed for a year. Obviously that's not the same value as someone signed for multiple season, but it's not comparable to having an expiring contract at the deadline. Teams in this league strive to be successful every season they head towards, so having a starting goalie for even just one (entire) season isn't without value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
That vertigo problem really ****ed him up. He looked like he was well on his way to becoming one of the best goalies in the league.
Meh, I don't really see it that way. Yes, he was on his way to earning a Vezina trophy nomination for that year, but I don't think he'd have been consistent enough to be a top-3/5 goalie for long enough. Consistency has been an issue before, and it still is now. Even after the vertigo, he's had long stretches over both seasons where he played at or very close to that level. It certainly hurt him, but I think it's blown a bit out of proportion.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote