HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - Wpg

Old
06-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Sparksrus3

vCash: 500
If offered, GM Garth snow should accept this for # 15. BeauliEu and the second. Then we
Will call it even for the Turgeon for Muller disaster.

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Chacal667

I don't understand why you value Beaulieu that high, he was ranked 7th by ISS but he got drafted 17th and there is a reason for that, Beaulieu is a real gambling.

When he got a call to play with the big club this season, he played a very bad hockey, he wasn't able to make a pass and he was horrible defensively.

He got a good camp 2 years ago and he played for the Sea Sogs while they were the best junior team but that is powder to our eyes...

That kid remember me Dennis Wideman and it would be a huge accomplishment if he become that kind of player ( I'm not a fan of Wideman and that's probably why I don't like Beaulieu )

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
WPG need offense in our prospect pool and roster, not more d prospects. don't get me wrong, value is there, but we would rather have a high end forward like domi/horvat.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Chacal667

I'll pay a beer to whoever that change my mind about Beaulieu but you gonna need some great arguments because he made a really bad impression when he played with the habs this season.

Old
06-11-2013, 06:42 PM
mhstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
to
-Beaulieu / Mtl 2nd Rounder (36th)
-Mtl 1st rounder (25th)

to
-Wpg 1st rounder (13th)

Mtl only does this to get Bo Horvat or Max Domi. If not, theres no trade.
why would MTL do this? we could trade Beaulieu / Mtl 2nd Rounder (36th) to Flyers and they would take it in a heart beat and flyers has the 11th overall.

mhstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Chacal667

Beaulieu = mega ultra freaking overevaluated

Old
06-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
I don't understand why you value Beaulieu that high, he was ranked 7th by ISS but he got drafted 17th and there is a reason for that, Beaulieu is a real gambling.

When he got a call to play with the big club this season, he played a very bad hockey, he wasn't able to make a pass and he was horrible defensively.

He got a good camp 2 years ago and he played for the Sea Sogs while they were the best junior team but that is powder to our eyes...

That kid remember me Dennis Wideman and it would be a huge accomplishment if he become that kind of player ( I'm not a fan of Wideman and that's probably why I don't like Beaulieu )
Quote:
I'll pay a beer to whoever that change my mind about Beaulieu but you gonna need some great arguments because he made a really bad impression when he played with the habs this season.
Quote:
Beaulieu = mega ultra freaking overevaluated
Did you even watch him when he was up with us? He was also one of the only bright spots on a very bad Hamilton team this year. Just because you post the same nonsense 3 times in 10 minutes doesn't make it true.

My favourite part was when you tried to use him being ranked 7th as a way to detract from him. So Forsberg is garbage because he was ranked 3-4 but got picked at 12?

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Did you even watch him when he was up with us? He was also one of the only bright spots on a very bad Hamilton team this year. Just because you post the same nonsense 3 times in 10 minutes doesn't make it true.

My favourite part was when you tried to use him being ranked 7th as a way to detract from him. So Forsberg is garbage because he was ranked 3-4 but got picked at 12?
we clearly didn't watch the same thing, Beaulieu was bad with us. He wasn't able to make a good pass, always to far or in the skates of his teamates + His positioning was bad in defensive zone.

I'm not gonna comment the rest of your post...

Edit : based on what do you say that he played good with us ???

because it was clearly horrible.

Last edited by Chacal667: 06-11-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old
06-11-2013, 07:48 PM
hockeyjockey

Quote:
Seriously? he played like 6 games, 2 assists and was a plus 5... Crazy expectation you have. Even highly touted Adam Larson didn't have a banner season.

He played great and showed great potential for what he can bring. Still green but that gets corrected with experience.

For the record, this offer the OP had is pretty lopsided. the 13th pick in this wide open draft won't cost that much. It would probably cost Beaulieu+ 2nd (34th) to get that pick. You underestimate his potential and value of a big, well skating top pairing potential prospect.

hockeyjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:

Reminds me of Postma on our squad if what your saying is true.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjockey View Post
Seriously? he played like 6 games, 2 assists and was a plus 5... Crazy expectation you have. Even highly touted Adam Larson didn't have a banner season.

He played great and showed great potential for what he can bring. Still green but that gets corrected with experience.

For the record, this offer the OP had is pretty lopsided. the 13th pick in this wide open draft won't cost that much. It would probably cost Beaulieu+ 2nd (34th) to get that pick. You underestimate his potential and value of a big, well skating top pairing potential prospect.
what are your expectation ?

I mean, he's suppose to be a pmd, ( he impressed me a lot 2 years ago at the camp ) but I think he lost a lot of confidence by trying to play a good defensive game, all his passes were in the skates of his teamates and he was as good as kaberle in his own zone, maybe he got 2 assits but you have to look at it in his whole thing.

I understand that he is young and he can improve his weakness so I would not trade him just to make a trade but if I can get something good I could trade him without hesitation.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:13 PM
hockeyjockey

Quote:

I mean, he's suppose to be a pmd, ( he impressed me a lot 2 years ago at the camp ) but I think he lost a lot of confidence by trying to play a good defensive game, all his passes were in the skates of his teamates and he was as good as kaberle in his own zone, maybe he got 2 assits but you have to look at it in his whole thing.

I understand that he is young and he can improve his weakness so I would not trade him just to make a trade but if I can get something good I could trade him without hesitation.
Your expectation for a 20 year old in the world's best league is pretty unrealistic. Especially in one of the toughest positions in hockey. The kid won all kinds of accolades with the Bulldogs and progressed as the season went on. the kid has the goods and can be elite.

hockeyjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:19 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:

Beaulieu took a fairly significant step forward in his development this year, not quite sure where this comes from...is he there yet, of course not, but he's well on his way to replacing our aging Russian pmd...if the Habs are moving one of their many D prospects, it isn't NB unless it's a fairly hefty overpayment.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjockey View Post
Your expectation for a 20 year old in the world's best league is pretty unrealistic. Especially in one of the toughest positions in hockey. The kid won all kinds of accolades with the Bulldogs and progressed as the season went on. the kid has the goods and can be elite.
maybe you are right ( i hope too ) but I clearly saw a regression this season comparatively to what I saw before. But like I said, maybe it is due to a lack of confidence probably because he is minded to not make a mistake defensively at a point that he wasnt able to make a good pass.
It can be corrected, he is only 20 years old. And thats why I wouldn't trade him for a bad deal.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Beaulieu took a fairly significant step forward in his development this year, not quite sure where this comes from...is he there yet, of course not, but he's well on his way to replacing our aging Russian pmd...if the Habs are moving one of their many D prospects, it isn't NB unless it's a fairly hefty overpayment.
I didn't saw enough of Bulldogs games but what I saw at the nhl level, the 6 games and the camp, disapointed me a lot.

He was so confident the last season, it's not supose to be in his nature to make so many bad passes and I didn't saw an upgrade in his positionning.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:46 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
I didn't saw enough of Bulldogs games but what I saw at the nhl level, the 6 games and the camp, disapointed me a lot.

He was so confident the last season, it's not supose to be in his nature to make so many bad passes and I didn't saw an upgrade in his positionning.
When he got called up to the big show at the end of the year, the Habs were in disarray; Nathan did well just to not crack under the pressure...he played well on a bad Bulldogs this year (I watched, and wept, often)...if they can take it a bit slow this year with him and leave him to grow with the 'Dogs, it'll play dividends in '14-15

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Personally I would not be interested in moving Beaulieu unless it was for immediate help on the blueline in the form of a BIG #2. Obviously it would be a package, however moving him for a prospect is really a lateral move or a risk-reward type deal.

At the end of the day, Nathan is a 17th OV pick from 2 years ago and has been developed for a year by the club and not worth moving for a draft pick. Exception being part of a deal for a top 10 pick.

Either way, I'm hoping he's Markov's replacement and I'd rather see how he develops.

Just a side note to his development thus far: He was voted by the coaching and management staff in Hamilton as the most improved player and that's saying a lot since the team was riddled with rookies this year.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:59 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Personally I would not be interested in moving Beaulieu unless it was for immediate help on the blueline in the form of a BIG #2. Obviously it would be a package, however moving him for a prospect is really a lateral move or a risk-reward type deal.

At the end of the day, Nathan is a 17th OV pick from 2 years ago and has been developed for a year by the club and not worth moving for a draft pick. Exception being part of a deal for a top 10 pick.

Either way, I'm hoping he's Markov's replacement and I'd rather see how he develops.

Just a side note to his development thus far: He was voted by the coaching and management staff in Hamilton as the most improved player and that's saying a lot since the team was riddled with rookies this year.
This is one habs fan trashing him, and 10 defending him. I will chime in as well, the kid improved a lot this season. The one fan seemingly is posting 10 times more then the other fans. Don't be fooled into thinking our fan base is down on him

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
This is one habs fan trashing him, and 10 defending him. I will chime in as well, the kid improved a lot this season. The one fan seemingly is posting 10 times more then the other fans. Don't be fooled into thinking our fan base is down on him
Yeah that makes sense, I pretty much just skimmed the posts and didn't fully extrapolate the opinions.

Just to add (again, I know), I had the pleasure of watching him live in Hamilton 3 times this season and one thing about his game that really fantastic is his patience with the puck. The way he was able to control the break out and tempo at the AHL level reminded me a lot of Jake Gardiner.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:09 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
I don't think I'd trade Beaulieu for that pick alone. I'd add our 2nd to our 1st for that pick, no more. I don't want to move up - we don't need to. We sure as hell aren't giving up Beaulieu with our 1st for that.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:11 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:
Yeah that makes sense, I pretty much just skimmed the posts and didn't fully extrapolate the opinions.

Just to add (again, I know), I had the pleasure of watching him live in Hamilton 3 times this season and one thing about his game that really fantastic is his patience with the puck. The way he was able to control the break out and tempo at the AHL level reminded me a lot of Jake Gardiner.
Another player I like, I was telling my cousin (she is a leafs fan who reports for the Marlies); how good he was with the puck, she said that it was the same in the AHL. He has very high end hockey IQ.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Another player I like, I was telling my cousin (she is a leafs fan who reports for the Marlies); how good he was with the puck, she said that it was the same in the AHL. He has very high end hockey IQ.
Gardiner is going to be a very solid NHLer, and it was evident in the playoffs. I enjoy watching him play as well.

I think Beaulieu can be and will be the same player, he just needs to work on his defensive positioning and angles so that he can translate his footwork and puck skills into solid defense and transition.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:27 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:
Gardiner is going to be a very solid NHLer, and it was evident in the playoffs. I enjoy watching him play as well.

I think Beaulieu can be and will be the same player, he just needs to work on his defensive positioning and angles so that he can translate his footwork and puck skills into solid defense and transition.
Very similar to a younger Subban's problems, his high IQ will take him far in this leauge. As the saying goes, you can't fix stupid

Old
06-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Very similar to a younger Subban's problems, his high IQ will take him far in this leauge. As the saying goes, you can't fix stupid
I hope his hockey IQ turns out to be better than his situational IQ outside of the rink!

Old
06-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
When he got called up to the big show at the end of the year, the Habs were in disarray; Nathan did well just to not crack under the pressure...he played well on a bad Bulldogs this year (I watched, and wept, often)...if they can take it a bit slow this year with him and leave him to grow with the 'Dogs, it'll play dividends in '14-15
well maybe you are right, I didn't see him play well at the nhl lvl but it could be the pressure on a young player of 20 years old, like I said I wouldn't trade him for cheap unless if it's for a pick, let's say, in the 11 first, because who know maybe that he could turn better than what I think.

Personnally I prefer Tinordi, I know that they are 2 different players but he impressed me in his style of play and he's gonna get bigger, I wouldn't be suprise if he was above Beaulieu in the hierarchy of the management.