HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2013, 06:22 PM
  #1001
BrimStone64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Looking back at the 2006 draft I find it brutal how close we were to stars... We chose Fischer at 20... Giroux was taken 2 picks later and we chose Maxwell at 49 when Lucic was taken the very next pick... With a draft this deep I hope we can get the gems we are due for them
That's all it takes to make the difference between a cup team and a team gone in first or second round

BrimStone64 is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 06:32 PM
  #1002
phillytennis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
Speed: Poirier slightly
Hands: Lets say equal
Grit: De La Rose
Board Play: De La Rose
Defensive Play: De La Rose
Shot: Equal
Vision: Equal

I go De La Rose over Poirier. I have no doubt that he will become a more important player to his team than Poirier. JDLR is a sure thing with potential to be a power forward type with his size, puck protaction and grit.

Dauphin I like. Just different players and we need a De La Rose more than a Dauphin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfFqSYiktrE Watch this.
I am not against selecting De la Rose...though I would still take Poirier before JDLR.
I would trade our 25th pick and move down to pick two extra second round picks.
As well...I would trade pick 55 and 71 in order to get another pick around 45.
If that was the case, we would have 5 picks between 34 and 50.
I could see us getting: 34...McCoshen...36...Dauphin....38 Poirier...40 De La Rose
44...Dickinson

phillytennis is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 06:34 PM
  #1003
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJyellow View Post
interesting article about how super agents like Pat Brisson are better at finding talent than nhl scouts

http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blogu...pes-de-la-lnh/

Based on their client list, the Habs should be targetting these players
  • Seth Jones
  • Nathan MacKinnon
  • Anthony Mantha
  • Max Domi
  • Curtis Lazar
  • Samuel Morin
  • Ian McCoshen
  • Morgan Klimchuk
  • John Hayden
  • Dillon Heatherington
  • Justin Bailey
  • Connor Hurley
Agents like Brisson go after players that the scouts are drooling over at 15-16-17, not the other way around.


Last edited by Monctonscout: 06-11-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 06:44 PM
  #1004
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,936
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJyellow View Post
interesting article about how super agents like Pat Brisson are better at finding talent than nhl scouts

http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blogu...pes-de-la-lnh/

Based on their client list, the Habs should be targetting these players
  • Seth Jones
  • Nathan MacKinnon
  • Anthony Mantha
  • Max Domi
  • Curtis Lazar
  • Samuel Morin
  • Ian McCoshen
  • Morgan Klimchuk
  • John Hayden
  • Dillon Heatherington
  • Justin Bailey
  • Connor Hurley
Would be fine with MacKinnon, Jones, Domi, Lazar, McCoshin, Klimchuk, Hayden, Heatherington, Bailey and Hurley.

25: McCoshen
34: Klimchuk
36: Bailey
55: Hayden
71: Hurley.

Would want.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 07:08 PM
  #1005
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
A) Agreed.
B) Agreed.
C) Half Agreed. De La Rose has a lot of tools to work with. Hands, speed, shot, hands... He is also great defensively and physicaly. I see a Backes playing style and potential but Burakowsky is more offensive.
D) Mehh... more potential but more risk but yes general consencus is he is better.
E) Agreed, although a team may take the chance earlier.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/...er-profile-34/

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/...er-profile-25/

Read some of these and let me know what you think.
We could do worse than to get both guys. Perhaps with a good two way D sandwiched between them at pick 34. No denying both guys are big, fast, and skilled, and that they had great chemistry at last U18s....

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 07:28 PM
  #1006
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
34: Klimchuk
Just a guess here Klimchuk might be around at 25, but I don't see him lasting till 34(my guess if he doesn't last beyond Calgary). By time you get to the bottom of the 1st and teams start looking who could be a top end offensive talent in the NHL that's left on the board, Klimchuk is going to look awfully nice

boredmale is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 07:36 PM
  #1007
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Just a guess here Klimchuk might be around at 25, but I don't see him lasting till 34(my guess if he doesn't last beyond Calgary). By time you get to the bottom of the 1st and teams start looking who could be a top end offensive talent in the NHL that's left on the board, Klimchuk is going to look awfully nice

He's one of the guy I'd pass on for MOAR size. I don't get that feeling when I watch him... Petan and Burakowsky on the other side...

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 07:42 PM
  #1008
phillytennis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He's one of the guy I'd pass on for MOAR size. I don't get that feeling when I watch him... Petan and Burakowsky on the other side...
I like Petan and Burakowsky...Dickinson...Dauphin...Poirier...Santi ni...McCoshen...
Petan and Dauphin have exceptional vision on the ice. Burakowsky good hands and size. Poirier has splendid SPEED...Santini and McCoshen great at both ends of the ice.
Dickinson...has size, speed and decent hands.

phillytennis is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:26 PM
  #1009
Grant McCagg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,548
vCash: 500
Klimchuk doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. He has some skill in the offensive zone, but I don't see any special physical skills, grit, or size besides having a good shot. Some teams like him more than others and he may go in the top 35, I don't really see him as a great fit for the Habs. I'd be more excited about the long-term potential of Bailey. As one scout told me a couple of months ago, he could be a home run.

Grant McCagg is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:38 PM
  #1010
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJyellow View Post
interesting article about how super agents like Pat Brisson are better at finding talent than nhl scouts

http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blogu...pes-de-la-lnh/

Based on their client list, the Habs should be targetting these players
  • Seth Jones
  • Nathan MacKinnon
  • Anthony Mantha
  • Max Domi
  • Curtis Lazar
  • Samuel Morin
  • Ian McCoshen
  • Morgan Klimchuk
  • John Hayden
  • Dillon Heatherington
  • Justin Bailey
  • Connor Hurley
Interesting theory. Someone should make a list of players by agency (making sure to use the agency representing them at the time of the draft), and see if there are trends relating to which players' careers exceeded their draft positions.

Roulin is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:41 PM
  #1011
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,936
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Klimchuk doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. He has some skill in the offensive zone, but I don't see any special physical skills, grit, or size besides having a good shot. Some teams like him more than others and he may go in the top 35, I don't really see him as a great fit for the Habs. I'd be more excited about the long-term potential of Bailey. As one scout told me a couple of months ago, he could be a home run.
Was that scout TT?

I agree that Bailey could be a home-run. He's got probably a longer time to grow and mature as a prospect than some others on the board when he is picked but it's not how quick you get there, but how good you end up being.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:45 PM
  #1012
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post
I am not against selecting De la Rose...though I would still take Poirier before JDLR.
I would trade our 25th pick and move down to pick two extra second round picks.
As well...I would trade pick 55 and 71 in order to get another pick around 45.
If that was the case, we would have 5 picks between 34 and 50.
I could see us getting: 34...McCoshen...36...Dauphin....38 Poirier...40 De La Rose
44...Dickinson
I don't see the point in getting more 2nd/3rd liners. With this many picks, risks must be taken. At least one guy like Burakowsky or Bailey should be taken.

le_sean is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  #1013
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,936
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I don't see the point in getting more 2nd/3rd liners. With this many picks, risks must be taken. At least one guy like Burakowsky or Bailey should be taken.
Or both.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:59 PM
  #1014
ChesterNimitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CinCPac
Country: Midway Islands
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Klimchuk doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. He has some skill in the offensive zone, but I don't see any special physical skills, grit, or size besides having a good shot. Some teams like him more than others and he may go in the top 35, I don't really see him as a great fit for the Habs. I'd be more excited about the long-term potential of Bailey. As one scout told me a couple of months ago, he could be a home run.
I agree. Klimchuk is Kyle Turris, light. A little less skating and bit more finish. We can do better.

ChesterNimitz is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:02 PM
  #1015
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Or both.
I have no problem with that.

I also really hope Mueller drops to 34. He's getting severely underrated. I can live with McCoshen or Santini though.

le_sean is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:05 PM
  #1016
phillytennis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I don't see the point in getting more 2nd/3rd liners. With this many picks, risks must be taken. At least one guy like Burakowsky or Bailey should be taken.
Bailey or Burakowsky are neither better than the listed players I had.

phillytennis is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:07 PM
  #1017
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,936
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I have no problem with that.

I also really hope Mueller drops to 34. He's getting severely underrated. I can live with McCoshen or Santini though.
Mueller at 34 would be a dream. I'd be willing to grab him at 25 if he is there. He is the exact type of defenseman lacking in our pool right now. I'm not excited to take a D, I think we need size/skill packages up front most desperately. But how could we not take Mueller? McCoshen, as I've said many times, is a candidate for me at any of our first 3 picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post
Bailey or Burakowsky are neither better than the listed players I had.
Ok buddy.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:13 PM
  #1018
phillytennis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Mueller at 34 would be a dream. I'd be willing to grab him at 25 if he is there. He is the exact type of defenseman lacking in our pool right now. I'm not excited to take a D, I think we need size/skill packages up front most desperately. But how could we not take Mueller? McCoshen, as I've said many times, is a candidate for me at any of our first 3 picks.



Ok buddy.
Ducky...it's nice to see you agree with me...the healthy salty air is finally kicking in.

phillytennis is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:25 PM
  #1019
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
I hope we pull another fast one like last year and draft Hartman, McCarron and Mantha with our first three picks

Ginu is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:35 PM
  #1020
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,936
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I hope we pull another fast one like last year and draft Hartman, McCarron and Mantha with our first three picks
Switch Mantha with Bailey, Mueller, McCoshen or Poirier.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:37 PM
  #1021
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
I agree. Klimchuk is Kyle Turris, light. A little less skating and bit more finish. We can do better.
He also reminds me of Seth Jones light, except he's not as tall and with a bit more finish.

He also reminds me of Drouin light, except he's taller and plays a completely different style.

He also reminds me of Fucale light, except he's a bit better away from the net.

He also reminds me of Erne light, except they have not much in common but they are both hockey players.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:38 PM
  #1022
LeHabsMan
Registered User
 
LeHabsMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Laval
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post
I am not against selecting De la Rose...though I would still take Poirier before JDLR.
I would trade our 25th pick and move down to pick two extra second round picks.
As well...I would trade pick 55 and 71 in order to get another pick around 45.
If that was the case, we would have 5 picks between 34 and 50.
I could see us getting: 34...McCoshen...36...Dauphin....38 Poirier...40 De La Rose
44...Dickinson
With your current picks I would do:

34. Ian McCoshen
36. Jacob de La Rose
38. Laurent Dauphin
40. Jason Dickinson
44. Justin Bailey

LeHabsMan is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:40 PM
  #1023
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I hope we pull another fast one like last year and draft Hartman, McCarron and Mantha with our first three picks
I like those picks, but I'd change Bailey or Diaby in for #36 & #55 instead of Mantha.

Then follow hard with Moutrey and Hayden at #71 & #85.

For the 6th rd. pick Clapperton has sizzle.

The 7th to help (Prust and Diaby) get that little fireball Tyler Hill.

This would put the Habs in good shape for using their future draft picks getting some Elite Top Six forwards and Top Four Dmen or a couple good goalies.

S Bah is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:40 PM
  #1024
phillytennis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Switch Mantha with Bailey, Mueller, McCoshen or Poirier.
Bailey too early to pick at 25, 34 or 36. I would take Dauphin and Mantha well before Bailey. Bailey should be considered between 40 to 55. I would be willing to trade pick 55 and 85 to try to pick him up at 48.

phillytennis is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:41 PM
  #1025
LeHabsMan
Registered User
 
LeHabsMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Laval
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Switch Mantha with Bailey, Mueller, McCoshen or Poirier.
If Mantha falls to the 2nd and they pass over him I will personally assasinate Timmins and Bergevin.

If anything I do Hartman, Mantha and Muller/McCoshen.

LeHabsMan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.