HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roberto Luongo to... ANYWHERE!

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Luongo for Frattin and 2nd
I really think the Lu to TO ship has sailed. However, if there was interest, i"d do Liles straight up.. or Scrivens and a 2nd.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:56 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Luongo and Bieksa for a 36, Kaberle and Nygren

Montreal buys out Luongo or trades him for futures to another club
Terrible.
Bieksa is worth more than you buying out Luongo for us. This just lacks all common sense here. Idk why you'd even suggest something so stupid.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:56 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson View Post
I bet you've seen this kind of thread before, but at this point in time, Vancouver will do anything to dump his contract. Make your offers for Lou.
Thats what we all said last summer!

Only to condescendingly laughed at and told that if we wanted Luongo we'd HAVE to give up something like Gardiner + 1st.

I wouldnt even pick the guy up off waivers, so why trade for him?

It has always been, and continues to be, Vancouver management that HAVE to get this situation resolved.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:57 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

Quote:
I wouldn't take Luongo for free. Nonis said no to Scrivens and two 2nds for Luongo, which kind of shows you where Lu's value is right now. Less than Toronto's back up goalie and picks.

Vancouver would have to add an asset with Luongo to entice the Leafs IMO.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Realm

Quote:
Luongo and Bieksa for a 36, Kaberle and Nygren

Montreal buys out Luongo or trades him for futures to another club
So basically by Montreal buying him out they are giving up pick 36, Kaberle, and Nygren 33+million in cash and some cap penalties for Bieksa??

Old
06-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Cloudedthought

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeGoat View Post
I wouldn't take Luongo for free. Nonis said no to Scrivens and two 2nds for Luongo, which kind of shows you where Lu's value is right now. Less than Toronto's back up goalie and picks.

Vancouver would have to add an asset with Luongo to entice the Leafs IMO.
I think your looking for a fight with talk like that,we have played out the disrespecting each others teams to the point its just sad to acknowledge it. If your not on the phone or in the room,you dont know what was offered and when.

I say lets wait and see what goes down instead of trying to smear each others team.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm View Post
So basically by Montreal buying him out they are giving up pick 36, Kaberle, and Nygren 33+million in cash and some cap penalties for Bieksa??
Montreal loses Kaberle who they are planning on buying out anyway, however to buy out Luongo they would need to shed him.

Magnus Nygren is a pretty decent prospect who MTL has signed and brought over from Sweden recently - here's a short analysis

Talent Analysis

Nygren excels with the man advantage, where he is able to get his big shot on goal with consistency and demonstrates noteworthy offensive awareness. Relatively experienced for a 2011 draftee due to his age, the Swedish blueliner still has plenty to learn on the defensive side of the game and is hampered by limited mobility. He is highly competitive however, and on the ice, is willing to do what he has to in order to help the team.

He has the right attitude and raw talent to make the NHL, but still needs to improve his skating and defensive play.

This deal really is hinged on whether Gillis can find a suitor for Luongo or not. If he is stuck on goign with Schneider and refuses to move him he'll need to shed Luongo's contract whether it's buy out or trade. This allows him to move him and the incentive for Montreal is getting Bieksa at the price of the buy out the 36th OV and a solid blue line prospect (Nygren replaces the player VAN moved in the Roy trade)

Maybe I'm out to lunch but it doesn't seem that bad to me, while maybe not feasible, definitely not facepalm worthy in my eyes.

If you look at it without Luongo and Kaberle it's 36 + Nygren for Bieksa - underpayment but you have to keep in mind the buyout is a lot of money and while Vancouver is a rich team they might not want to do it. Personally I'd just buy him out if I were Vancouver but this is just a snowball suggestion.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:16 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedthought View Post
I think your looking for a fight with talk like that,we have played out the disrespecting each others teams to the point its just sad to acknowledge it. If your not on the phone or in the room,you dont know what was offered and when.

I say lets wait and see what goes down instead of trying to smear each others team.
There is no fight. I'm responding to a funny proposal with facts.

Darren Dreger confirmed what I just posted. I'm not making something up. Luongo also confirmed that his contract sucks. Why would teams give up anything of value for Luongo unless there is motivation to do so?

Old
06-11-2013, 09:16 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Reimer easily outplayed Luongo this past season.

Given age, and cap considerations I think you can very safely cross Toronto off the list of suitors unless Reimer has a career ending offseason injury somehow.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Realm

Quote:
Montreal loses Kaberle who they are planning on buying out anyway, however to buy out Luongo they would need to shed him.

Magnus Nygren is a pretty decent prospect who MTL has signed and brought over from Sweden recently - here's a short analysis

Talent Analysis

Nygren excels with the man advantage, where he is able to get his big shot on goal with consistency and demonstrates noteworthy offensive awareness. Relatively experienced for a 2011 draftee due to his age, the Swedish blueliner still has plenty to learn on the defensive side of the game and is hampered by limited mobility. He is highly competitive however, and on the ice, is willing to do what he has to in order to help the team.

He has the right attitude and raw talent to make the NHL, but still needs to improve his skating and defensive play.

This deal really is hinged on whether Gillis can find a suitor for Luongo or not. If he is stuck on goign with Schneider and refuses to move him he'll need to shed Luongo's contract whether it's buy out or trade. This allows him to move him and the incentive for Montreal is getting Bieksa at the price of the buy out the 36th OV and a solid blue line prospect (Nygren replaces the player VAN moved in the Roy trade)

Maybe I'm out to lunch but it doesn't seem that bad to me, while maybe not feasible, definitely not facepalm worthy in my eyes.

If you look at it without Luongo and Kaberle it's 36 + Nygren for Bieksa - underpayment but you have to keep in mind the buyout is a lot of money and while Vancouver is a rich team they might not want to do it. Personally I'd just buy him out if I were Vancouver but this is just a snowball suggestion.
Yes, but you have to factor in the $30 million cash Montreal has to give Luongo to end his contract. So not only are you paying Bieksa 4 million a year for his salary, if you factor in Luongos contract its like you are paying Bieksa 4 years and 10 million per and giving up a draft pick for that right.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Cloudedthought

Quote:

Darren Dreger confirmed what I just posted. I'm not making something up. Luongo also confirmed that his contract sucks. Why would teams give up anything of value for Luongo unless there is motivation to do so?
You may not believe this but I lost a lot of respect for Dredge on Free Agency Trade deadline. Lets look at how this ran...

A.) The leaks are legit - Why would one side keep trying to cut a deal when TSN was leaking every offer? General Managers have a lot of pride and do not want to be taken or look bad. Gillis has made it clear by firing Vignault that he is concerned with public image with the fans.
So why keep beating that horse if it was obvious Nonis was dicking him around?

B.) The leaks are fake - This whole season I watched a campaign to drive down Lou's value on TSN and CBC and it opened my eyes to how slanted and bia's our sports networks are. So running with that we see leak after leak looking like a desperate GM losing his cool trying to dump Lou. Honestly dont think the owners would keep him around if he was that uncool.

Bit of a unorganized rant but I dont buy those leaks and will wait and see at the draft for a clearer idea of whats what.

As for the contract,it sucks for sure. I feel sorry for Lou and think the guy deserved to be treated better than he has this year. He has shown true character.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:45 PM
kihei

vCash: 0
Quote:
Old habits seem to die hard in BC. No, just no.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:49 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:

Facts, haha

And to the OP -- it had been hours since someone made a thread for the leaf fans to come in and tell us how much lou sucks, so props to you

Old
06-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm View Post
Yes, but you have to factor in the $30 million cash Montreal has to give Luongo to end his contract. So not only are you paying Bieksa 4 million a year for his salary, if you factor in Luongos contract its like you are paying Bieksa 4 years and 10 million per and giving up a draft pick for that right.
Maybe it's a tax write off?

Old
06-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Add in Kassian or no deal.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I really think the Lu to TO ship has sailed. However, if there was interest, i"d do Liles straight up.. or Scrivens and a 2nd.
Can't help but feel like there is a lot of bad blood between the 2 GM's...

Old
06-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Maybe it's a tax write off?

Old
06-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Can't help but feel like there is a lot of bad blood between the 2 GM's...
Wouldn't surprise me. Gillis did take Nonis' job

Old
06-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
Wouldn't surprise me. Gillis did take Nonis' job
The trade deadline just seems to ambiguous to me... That combined with all the "leaks" regarding a Lu deal... Cant see MG being happy

Old
06-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
I heard that Gillis turned that offer from Nonis down, and instead asked for MacArthur, Colborne, Scrivens and a 2nd.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:27 AM
ShortSideFlick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedthought View Post
You may not believe this but I lost a lot of respect for Dredge on Free Agency Trade deadline. Lets look at how this ran...

A.) The leaks are legit - Why would one side keep trying to cut a deal when TSN was leaking every offer? General Managers have a lot of pride and do not want to be taken or look bad. Gillis has made it clear by firing Vignault that he is concerned with public image with the fans.
So why keep beating that horse if it was obvious Nonis was dicking him around?

B.) The leaks are fake - This whole season I watched a campaign to drive down Lou's value on TSN and CBC and it opened my eyes to how slanted and bia's our sports networks are. So running with that we see leak after leak looking like a desperate GM losing his cool trying to dump Lou. Honestly dont think the owners would keep him around if he was that uncool.

Bit of a unorganized rant but I dont buy those leaks and will wait and see at the draft for a clearer idea of whats what.

As for the contract,it sucks for sure. I feel sorry for Lou and think the guy deserved to be treated better than he has this year. He has shown true character.
So, given the way you presented that you think it's a media conspiracy to devalue Luongo?

Lol. Maybe they were just reporting on how Luongo's contract makes his value minimal to negative because it's true. If it was just a media conspiracy (please ), you'd think a GM would have traded for Luongo at some point in the eternity since it was announced they wanted to trade him... loooong before the trade deadline.

The amount of time that has elapsed since it was clear he was trade bait it proof enough that he has very low if any value. Gillis had plenty of time to trade him, he couldn't. There's no conspiracy, and there's no reason to make up rumour of a deal that didn't go down. I can't believe even now there are posts suggesting he'll return a 1st round pick or more.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I heard that Gillis turned that offer from Nonis down, and instead asked for MacArthur, Colborne, Scrivens and a 2nd.
Who knows, Dreger kept changing the rumor. I'd say Lu to Toronto is finally dead after the playoffs. Gillis gambled on a goalie collapse somewhere and par our luck, it never happened. I truly think our best chance of moving either goalie was mid season, especially as Lu went on a tear. Now it's either Schneider or we are getting scraps.

Old
06-12-2013, 02:41 AM
Bure All Day

To Vancouver

Lecavalier

To Tampa

Luongo + Schroeder + 3rd

Major benefits for both teams

Old
06-12-2013, 02:44 AM
Bure All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Who knows, Dreger kept changing the rumor. I'd say Lu to Toronto is finally dead after the playoffs. Gillis gambled on a goalie collapse somewhere and par our luck, it never happened. I truly think our best chance of moving either goalie was mid season, especially as Lu went on a tear. Now it's either Schneider or we are getting scraps.
3 goals in < 10 mins game 7 round one

Last edited by Bure All Day: 06-12-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old
06-12-2013, 02:45 AM
Bure All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
seinfeld just solves everything hahahaha

Closed Thread