HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2013, 09:44 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
If Mantha falls to the 2nd and they pass over him I will personally assasinate Timmins and Bergevin.

If anything I do Hartman, Mantha and Muller/McCoshen.
Hope you resurrect them later when Mantha doesn't pan out to his perceived upside.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:48 PM
phillytennis

Quote:
With your current picks I would do:

34. Ian McCoshen
36. Jacob de La Rose
38. Laurent Dauphin
40. Jason Dickinson
44. Justin Bailey
I like that...except I would pick Poirier over Justin Bailey.

I would pick this way:
34. Ian McCoshen
36. Laurent Dauphin
38. Émile Poirier
40. Jason Dickinson
44. Jacob de la Rose

*I would take Bailey if Poirier, Dickinson or JDLR were no longer available.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:52 PM
FF de Mars

Would you trade Buffalo's two second round picks for our 1st round pick ? #38 and #52 for #25

Old
06-11-2013, 09:52 PM
phillytennis

Quote:
If Mantha falls to the 2nd and they pass over him I will personally assasinate Timmins and Bergevin.

If anything I do Hartman, Mantha and Muller/McCoshen.
Agreed...I can help with the assassination!!!

Old
06-11-2013, 09:53 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Would you trade Buffalo's two second round picks for our 1st round pick ? #38 and #52 for #25
Yes, but they probably won't. DOn't they already have a couple 1sts?

Old
06-11-2013, 09:54 PM
yianik

Unless Morin and to a lesser extent Ristolainen fell hard for some reason, Id be good with our first four picks being Heatherington, Mantha, De La rose and M-O Roy. Heatherington is big and physical, Mantha is that boom or bust guy because the only issue seems to be between his ears and if he gets his head clear maybe he is a 30-35 goal guy, De La Rose has all the tools and a physical side so he has power forward upside and Roy is a shot in the dark for the next Bergeron, although you could also try Diaby for a dice roll.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:55 PM
phillytennis

Quote:
It dépends who is available at 25. I would trade Gorges...to get a pick around 38 or 40. I would trade Price for a top five pick!!!

Old
06-11-2013, 09:57 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yes, but they probably won't. DOn't they already have a couple 1sts?
They do have many 1st rounders. I could see them going for it for that reason, banking on a bunch of 1st rounders growing together. They're going to have tons of prospects graduating at the same time, maybe they have a favourite in the top 25 ?

Old
06-11-2013, 10:02 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
I would if it wasn't a division rival. Giving Buffalo three first rounders doesn't interest me unless Montreal really doesn't like what they see at 25.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:08 PM
S Bah

Bergevin & Comp. have a good draft ahead of them I feel, we'll know in another 3-4 yrs. how good or great it is for the next SC run.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:09 PM
ChesterNimitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
He also reminds me of Seth Jones light, except he's not as tall and with a bit more finish.

He also reminds me of Drouin light, except he's taller and plays a completely different style.

He also reminds me of Fucale light, except he's a bit better away from the net.

He also reminds me of Erne light, except they have not much in common but they are both hockey players.
And your point is? Or do you just routinely mumble aimlessly away?

Old
06-11-2013, 10:13 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Unless Morin and to a lesser extent Ristolainen fell hard for some reason, Id be good with our first four picks being Heatherington, Mantha, De La rose and M-O Roy. Heatherington is big and physical, Mantha is that boom or bust guy because the only issue seems to be between his ears and if he gets his head clear maybe he is a 30-35 goal guy, De La Rose has all the tools and a physical side so he has power forward upside and Roy is a shot in the dark for the next Bergeron, although you could also try Diaby for a dice roll.
I would really hate that draft.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:22 PM
yianik

Quote:
I would really hate that draft.
Okay, thought it was adding size, physical play, toughness as well as skill to the system, but I am open to other opinions, whats the concern ?

Last edited by yianik: 06-11-2013 at 10:24 PM. Reason: wrong word
Old
06-11-2013, 10:26 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Okay, thought it was adding size, physical play, toughness as well as skill to the system, but I am open to other opinions, whats the concern ?
Fine with Heatherington if he's #55. Don't believe in drafting a "big" player if he's as soft as Mantha and almost a full year older than most of the draft class. I don't think De La Rose has more than 3rd line upside, the offensive upside isn't there to me and M-O Roy is fine, but he's a 3rd rounder to me.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Switch Mantha with Bailey, Mueller, McCoshen or Poirier.
I'll take the 50 goal scorer with size.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:36 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'll take the 50 goal scorer with size.
One of the weakest upper bodies in the draft combine despite being almost a year older. Questions about his will, compete, and desire to go into high traffic areas. No point in adding size that plays as big as DD.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:40 PM
yianik

Quote:
Fine with Heatherington if he's #55. Don't believe in drafting a "big" player if he's as soft as Mantha and almost a full year older than most of the draft class. I don't think De La Rose has more than 3rd line upside, the offensive upside isn't there to me and M-O Roy is fine, but he's a 3rd rounder to me.
I get the Mantha concern, he seems like a potentially bigger version of Ryder when he was first with us. Its the goal scoring potential versus putting up with the softness. Prefer Horvat but doubt he will be there. Disagree with you on De La Rose, Roy in the third is fine, also looking at Moutrey, Santini there.
This is going to be a wild draft. I mentioned Morin and I have seen him going anywhere between 12th and 49th depending on the hockey writer. Opinion is all over after the first 10 guys for sure. No reason not to add the size and physical players we need in the system.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Klimchuk doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. He has some skill in the offensive zone, but I don't see any special physical skills, grit, or size besides having a good shot. Some teams like him more than others and he may go in the top 35, I don't really see him as a great fit for the Habs. I'd be more excited about the long-term potential of Bailey. As one scout told me a couple of months ago, he could be a home run.
Exactly my impressions of him after watching him at a game here. Likes the perimeter game .. we have better in Collberg/Bozon/Kristo ....we need a different type of forward than Klimchuck.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:43 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
I get the Mantha concern, he seems like a potentially bigger version of Ryder when he was first with us. Its the goal scoring potential versus putting up with the softness. Prefer Horvat but doubt he will be there. Disagree with you on De La Rose, Roy in the third is fine, also looking at Moutrey, Santini there.
This is going to be a wild draft. I mentioned Morin and I have seen him going anywhere between 12th and 49th depending on the hockey writer. Opinion is all over after the first 10 guys for sure. No reason not to add the size and physical players we need in the system.
I agree with you that we need to add size and physical players, preferably with some scoring touch. If the Habs take Mantha, I have to hope they did their home-work on him but when multiple scouting reports mention a low quality work ethic, it raises burning red flags in my mind.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:47 PM
yianik

Quote:
I agree with you that we need to add size and physical players, preferably with some scoring touch. If the Habs take Mantha, I have to hope they did their home-work on him but when multiple scouting reports mention a low quality work ethic, it raises burning red flags in my mind.
Being a soft player who still scores goals is one thing, but MB will not touch a guy with a bad work ethic.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:50 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Hope you resurrect them later when Mantha doesn't pan out to his perceived upside.
Your dislike for Mantha is irrational. He's an 18 year old kid. He's big, he can skate, and he knows how to put the puck in the net. That alone makes him worthy of 25. He's a legit top 6 goal scorer, who cares about the rest of his game? Especially when he's young enough to develop it?

Old
06-11-2013, 10:57 PM
beaverBFP

I would take a bigger soft player over a smaller soft player, that is all.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:57 PM
phillytennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Your dislike for Mantha is irrational. He's an 18 year old kid. He's big, he can skate, and he knows how to put the puck in the net. That alone makes him worthy of 25. He's a legit top 6 goal scorer, who cares about the rest of his game? Especially when he's young enough to develop it?
Agreed...if Mantha is available at 25...we must select him...no questions asked...local kid...from Longueuil...will play with pride wearing the bleu, blanc, rouge.
He's big, good speed, great hands and can be tough when needed.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Being a soft player who still scores goals is one thing, but MB will not touch a guy with a bad work ethic.
Exactly. Work ethic is one of the key points for Bergevin and Timmins. That's why they'll pick the likes of the McCoshens and Comphers over the Manthas. Any day of the week.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Closed Thread