HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Buyout Candidates and Their New Homes?

Old
06-11-2013, 05:49 PM
tanker12471

vCash: 500
ballard to flyers, or carolina

tanker12471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:58 PM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Scissons View Post
Because it was the lockout and maybe Berlin was his best choice. He probably winds up with a team in the Tri-State Area. Buffalo is probably not an option because it 6-7+ hours from PHI to BUff.
Buffalo is an option for sure, if they (sabres) want to do it.

His wife and kids never wanted to leave.

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Scissons View Post
Because it was the lockout and maybe Berlin was his best choice. He probably winds up with a team in the Tri-State Area. Buffalo is probably not an option because it 6-7+ hours from PHI to BUff.
In all fairness, it was East Berlin.

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:28 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Money sure gets thrown around easily here on the boards.

I'd bet there will not be nearly as many buyouts as people think this summer. If you're not in cap trouble why spend money just to get rid of one contract when you then have to take on another?

Let's not forget a buyout equals not only the 2/3 salary but the cost of paying a replacement player.

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:30 PM
WillyBilly1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Komisarek will likely be stomached rather than bought-out

Likes likely has enough value to be traded rather than bought out. still a solid player and at 3.875 he can still be worth it for anyone looking for a top 4 PMD. The reason leaf fans want him gone is because we have Phaneuf, Gardiner and Franson as our offensive D.

Toronto would likely be interested in Briere, Richards or Bryz if they come cheap.
TBH i think Reimer is better than Bryz so why would you guys need him

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:31 PM
mhstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
If Tampa buys out Vinny, the Habs should look to deal Desharnais and grab Vinny on the cheap-o
Not really I could see DD to play with Vinny on the LW we need to add depth on the LW and then I would put Patches with Pleks and Gionta

my 3 lines would be:

patches-pleks-gionta
DD-Vinny-BG11
AG-Eller-Rene

mhstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
I haven't seen a real list of potential buyouts; so I made my own:

St. Louis: Bouwmeester, Jay
I'd be surprised if the Blues were to buy out Bouwmeester so soon after trading for him - especially when his arrival with Leopold's really solidified the Blues' defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Though Ballard will most likely be bought out, I say it's a shame since he's still a quality Dman he will get a decent chance at a lower salary with a team in need of some experienced D. Minny would make sense since he's a local and they need some experienced depth who can fill a Top 4 role barring massive improvements from prospects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanker12471 View Post
ballard to flyers, or carolina
Personally, I've always liked Ballard's game since Phoenix and Florida - if he gets bought out as expected, he might be someone Regier looks at in Buffalo for depth since the Sabres drafted Ballard in 2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Buffalo is an option for sure, if they (sabres) want to do it..
That's the operative word - from a pure PR move, bringing Briere back would probably ease some of the current tension/frustration fans feel about the Sabres and there is also some logic in bringing a veteran leader/mentor/character guy in to help rub off on the younger kids.

However, based on past situations that were similar (i.e. Sabres considering signing Peca in summer 2008 after recognizing the impact of losing Briere/Drury), it doesn't seem plausible that Regier would ever consider a reunion with Briere.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Komisarek will likely be stomached rather than bought-out

Likes likely has enough value to be traded rather than bought out. still a solid player and at 3.875 he can still be worth it for anyone looking for a top 4 PMD. The reason leaf fans want him gone is because we have Phaneuf, Gardiner and Franson as our offensive D.

Toronto would likely be interested in Briere, Richards or Bryz if they come cheap.
I hope the PMD doesn't stand for puck-moving defenseman.

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Realm

If bought out I think Horcoff to Chicago makes a lot of sense. Their center depth and faceoff needs have been a need. Unless they re-sign Handzus (hopefully for a 4th line not 2nd line).

Ballard back home to Minnesota on the cheap sounds reasonable too.

Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
I'm thinking Leino and Bryz will wind up in the KHL (I think Ville's game would translate better there

Komi will land somewhere. If he's willing to accept a sub-1M contract as a physical 6-7D he'll have plenty of suitors

Liles and Vinny i think could be traded rather than bought out. Below-market value of course, but they are still useful enough that a team may bite at the salary if they can pick them up on the cheap

Agree with the OP on Savard and Cole....Cole only seems to be effective in Carolina, it's a bit bizarro
I could see the Islanders interested in trading for Liles as a reclamation project if the Leafs retain some salary.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm View Post
If bought out I think Horcoff to Chicago makes a lot of sense. Their center depth and faceoff needs have been a need. Unless they re-sign Handzus (hopefully for a 4th line not 2nd line).

Ballard back home to Minnesota on the cheap sounds reasonable too.
Horcoff wont be bought out and even if he was he would still get paid in the $4M+ mark and Chicago does'nt have the cap space for that.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:03 PM
thrillermiller89

ballard for heatley makes sense

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:21 PM
LolClarkson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Horcoff wont be bought out and even if he was he would still get paid in the $4M+ mark and Chicago does'nt have the cap space for that.
He would get 2.5

why would he get 4 ? He's a floor team steal then cuz I think je only makes 2.5 salary at the last year

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
He would get 2.5

why would he get 4 ? He's a floor team steal then cuz I think je only makes 2.5 salary at the last year
Because Horcoff is still a good decent player and he will look to cash in one more time before the end of his career and i cant see him only accepting $2.5M even though he would be a 3rd line center and that's about what they make. He most likely wont get $4.0M but he might get at the most $3.0M on a 3 year deal from a team that can use his experience.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
0% chance he makes 4+ million a year. More around 1.5-2 million with a good team like the Hawks and hoping to win a cup.

Realm is offline   Reply With Quote