HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 16.0 - The "Canadian Champions edition" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2013, 05:13 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

vCash: 500
Ok guys, ain't no mod but this isn't the Political board.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:14 PM
_vivelequebec_

Hopefully they'll prove it's risk free for the security of all the players and allow it. Until then you must be a real ******** to ban over 100 000 players from playing in other provinces and saying it's a racist and xenophobic attitude.

Old
06-11-2013, 06:55 PM
gelu88

The QSF meeting is tonight and they'll most probably comment tomorrow.

I can't see them maintaining their position. Despite what Marois says The CSA has all they power here. They have demonstrated that they are willing to use their big stick, and have no reason to pull back now.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:44 PM
QcS

Religion, religion.. always religion.

Nothing about races, as race is not a choice. Religion is. When will people ever learn to keep their damn religion at home.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcS View Post
Religion, religion.. always religion.

Nothing about races, as race is not a choice. Religion is. When will people ever learn to keep their damn religion at home.
It's so easy for atheists to say this, but in the real world it doesn't work like this. Religion is often part of one's identity, you can't keep your identity at home.

Now we're really getting off topic, let's get back to our beloved Impact guys.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:20 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
It's so easy for atheists to say this, but in the real world it doesn't work like this. Religion is often part of one's identity, you can't keep your identity at home.

Yeah, but the identity you "wear" on the pitch is your uniform. Sports shouldn't be mixed with religion. I'm not saying turbans should be banned no matter what, but if they are dangerous they should be. If they are not, well, I don't care. They can wear them if they want, they're the one who will be at a disadvantage. If they were giving them a competitive advantage, he'd be opposed to people wearing them, but they don't... and we're not talking about pros either.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Habsland35

Quote:

i am an atheist and i do not agree with that statement at all

i do not see any legitimate reason to ban turbans on the field and i think the QSF made a big mistake which i am expecting them to overturn

Old
06-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Yeah, but the identity you "wear" on the pitch is your uniform. Sports shouldn't be mixed with religion. I'm not saying turbans should be banned no matter what, but if they are dangerous they should be. If they are not, well, I don't care. They can wear them if they want, they're the one who will be at a disadvantage. If they were giving them a competitive advantage, he'd be opposed to people wearing them, but they don't... and we're not talking about pros either.
1. Sports shouldn't be mixed with religion, but when part of your religion involves wearing something on your head in public, whether it be a kippah or a turban, and it doesn't interfere with your safety or that of others (as both FIFA and the CSA have studied it to say it doesn't), then the only time an ideology is being forced on the sport is when the FSQ bans headgear to suit its own agenda.

2. With everyone else saying otherwise, it's the FSQ that has the burden of showing this is about safety and not a malicious agenda. Instead they are turning this into a political issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Ok guys, ain't no mod but this isn't the Political board.
Unfortunately this is very important for the future of soccer in Quebec and has global implications, so the subject can't be avoided entirely IMO. Another mod can delete this if they think otherwise. Let's keep the political talk vague and avoid the language/sovereignty issue like the plague, but I'm not going to delete this discussion unless it gets out of line. At least until there's more to talk about Impact-wise.

Last edited by Et le But: 06-11-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old
06-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Please leave this subject out of here, its the "impact canadian champions edition"... lol not "the quebec vs provincial debates vs religion vs marois is an idiot edition" thread..

Any updates in the rumour about the inter guy?

Old
06-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Rumcajs

Lets return to IMFC or National Team talk.

Since we dont have any INT spots who would we trade?

Either Ubi (so he can get playing time) or Nyassi for me.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:05 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

US played a great tactical game and sapped the life out of Panama. It's sad how badly coached Team Canada is (putting aside talent level).

Old
06-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post

If it was me undoubtly Ubi..m nothing against him but he is older than nyassi and despite being 20 times smarter he doesnt create the same impact nyassi brings when well used.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:49 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Marc Tougas @marcthesparc:
My source says #QSF has taken a decision tonight, but a 10-day embargo on the announcement of this decision has been placed. During those 10 days, the #QSF will continue to search for a solution to the problem. That is the line told to me by my source, who was at the meeting. All this is quite mysterious and may mean political forces are pulling strings backstage. But I hope it's not the case. #QSF #CSA

https://twitter.com/marcthesparc

Old
06-12-2013, 02:45 AM
Padrino86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post

i think both of them have american green card meaning they don't even cost an intl roster spot. I might be wrong but I don't think so.

Old
06-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Weis
Rise Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
i think both of them have american green card meaning they don't even cost an intl roster spot. I might be wrong but I don't think so.
Good answer! As per wikipedia here's the list of 11 international slot : Camara, Di Vaio, Ferrari, Iapichino, Martins, Nesta, Pisanu, Rivas, Romero, Rodriguez, Paponi

source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Int...l_Roster_Slots

Old
06-12-2013, 06:33 AM
ArtPeur

They could trade a player or superdraft pick for an international spot though.. I think they did so earlier this year?

Old
06-12-2013, 07:14 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weis View Post
Good answer! As per wikipedia here's the list of 11 international slot : Camara, Di Vaio, Ferrari, Iapichino, Martins, Nesta, Pisanu, Rivas, Romero, Rodriguez, Paponi

source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Int...l_Roster_Slots
Camara is on the verge of getting his permanant residence, which would exempt him from that list if I'm correct

Old
06-12-2013, 08:01 AM
QcS

Quote:

Why is it no big deal for Christians to remove their "cross" before playing, or even for sikhs to remove their Kirpan, but a turban is such a big deal?

I blame the sikhs 100% in this conflict. They are the ones teaching their kids that wearing a frigging hat is necessary for the preservation of their identity. TOTALLY ridiculous.

I support the Québec soccer association 100%, and i even hope that they find a solution where the decision will stand. Hey, if CSA is suspending the Québec association for this, maybe FIFA should suspend the CSA

Or maybe it's just an opportunity for the Québec association to ask FIFA for special status. (like Scotland, Wales, etc..)

p.s. i respect that some people do not want to talk about this subject in here, but it IS related to the Impact de Montréal because Saputo made a point of involving the team and himself in the debate.

Old
06-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Rikiki Bousquet

Yeah, it does relate to soccer. But it has and will make posters say things that will be purely political. And it will go to far, as always.

Old
06-12-2013, 09:13 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcS View Post
Why is it no big deal for Christians to remove their "cross" before playing, or even for sikhs to remove their Kirpan, but a turban is such a big deal?
Actually it is a big deal. Ever since I was a little kid the refs always made sure that we had no jewelry around our head area because it can cause a safety hazard. Imagine trying to run past a guy and he stops you by yanking on your gold chain. This is also why you would see players with tape on their ears (for their earings) or their fingers (rings, happened with Di Vaio earlier this season). It's so opposing players can't pull on these pieces of jewelry.

If they made this decision as a safety precaution, I understand why they did it, but if its purely a religious reason then that's just dumb.

Last edited by gunners14henry: 06-12-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old
06-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Et le But

Okay, insulting the way other people choose to live their lives and what they believe in is too much.

If you can give reasons why headgear is dangerous to play soccer in, go for it, but don't insult others for believing in something you do not. This is supposed to be about soccer, not worldviews.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:01 AM
habsrule4eva3089

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/20...04/186315.html

What they teach at the World's Number 1 Football club. Amazing the respect taught everywhere yet here, a bunch of the old boys club who don't have much knowledge of sport in general are running things.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/20...04/186315.html

What they teach at the World's Number 1 Football club. Amazing the respect taught everywhere yet here, a bunch of the old boys club who don't have much knowledge of sport in general are running things.
Part of Barcelona's youth team success comes from a willingness to take in talent from every sort of background. And this is in a city with its own sovereignty issues.

Quebec is barely producing talent as it is, this is the last thing the province needs. Yes, I agree some religious wear can impact safety, but it's already been taken into account with specific turbans, etc made for athletic use.

This shouldn't be about what your religious or political beliefs are. This is the most popular game in the world and that means accepting different conditions, being beliefs that could interfere slightly (Muslim players fasting for ramadan, Sikh players with turbans), or having to play in environments you are uncomfortable in (FIFA's ill advised altitude ban)

Old
06-12-2013, 10:14 AM
habsrule4eva3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Part of Barcelona's youth team success comes from a willingness to take in talent from every sort of background. And this is in a city with its own sovereignty issues.

Quebec is barely producing talent as it is, this is the last thing the province needs. Yes, I agree some religious wear can impact safety, but it's already been taken into account with specific turbans, etc made for athletic use.
Exactly, whereas here, they still live in the Jackie Robinson era and frown upon any other backgrounds then their own. It's sad that I've seen tweets and comments that point out to professional players in India or Norway or England who are Sikhs and don't wear one, but they don't understand that once you play at that level they'll have removed their turbans by then. We're talking about children here for the most part who will play a couple of years of recreation soccer. No culture can live if it attempts to be exclusive which is what they try to preach here and that's why Quebec sport is producing the least amount of talent in Canada, whether it's Hockey,Soccer,Rugby,Basketball. None of the four major team sports have many if at all any Quebecer's on our national team and there's a reason for that. Their methods date back to ancient times instead of growing the game and promoting participation to all the different cultures that reside here.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:21 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Well this thread escalated quickly.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Closed Thread