HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ray Shero hot seat

Old
06-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Do people really believe that Sid doesn't want to play with Iggy? Seriously? Iggy was all but gone to Boston, until he changed his mind and decided he wanted to play with Sid and Geno. Yet we are to believe that Sid refuses to play with anyone other than Kunitz AND Dupuis? Really? Come on. This is on the coach, no one else is completely fixated on Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis. Maybe Sid insists on playing with one or the other (Kunitz or Dupuis), but both? I'm never going to buy that one, especially after Iginla showed up.
Not to mention, the quotes attributed to Crosby about playing with Kunitz and Dupuis seem to be based off of loaded questions. It's more in the context of being asked whether he thinks it's an easier transition coming back from a long layoff to play with two guys he's familiar with.

Sid probably feels comfortable playing with Dupuis and Kunitz. And if the other lines are clicking, he'd be more than happy to play with Dupuis and Kunitz. But I have a hard time believing he insists on playing with only those two, and would make some kind of fuss over playing with Iginla.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 04:19 PM
KHstrike

vCash: 500
Nothing is going to happen to Shero. He might take some blame, but even if Pens get swept Shero will not be touched.

KHstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 05:22 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHstrike View Post
Nothing is going to happen to Shero. He might take some blame, but even if Pens get swept Shero will not be touched.
I agree, these fans are getting ridiculous. That's why I took some time off of the Pens forum...

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Greg Schuler

Shero is a good general manager, no doubt about it. He went all in to win the Stanley Cup this year and sacrificed the future for now. However, taken overall, there are several dings against him.

The Penguins have not been able to supply a steady stream of low-cost productive players from their scouting and player development. Even mighty Detroit is figuring this out and I feel this is the biggest demerit against Shero. No, he does not scout and he does not instruct the players. He hires the people that do and the absence of cost controlled players able to fill in at the NHL level reliably is going to hurt the Penguins as soon as next season.

The coaching situation is another mark against Shero - he stayed with Bylsma and the staff. I don't know many people who think Bylsma, Reirden and Granato are competent NHL coaches, so that is on Shero.

I think Shero does a below average job in free agency. When you have to take pennies on the dollar for Michalek because he played so poorly after signing a lucrative free agency contract, that's not a positive. Neither is the long term millstone that is Paul Martin. Paying Tanner Glass anywhere close to a million in a cap era is ludicrous.

I think the this past trade deadline showed Shero trying to out-maneuver Boston, and he succeeded. Unfortunately, he overpaid, I believe, for Murray and Morrow and none of the players have really transformed the team or added anything the Pens did not already have on the roster. Murray is horribly slow and often out of position and unable to keep up with the pace of play. Morrow is similarly several steps behind and Iginla doesn't have any chemistry with anyone. Yes, that can be chalked up to the coaching, but you don't give a coach players that don't fit his system.

Overall, Shero is a good general manager, but he's not without blame. I think regardless of the outcome of the playoffs, Bylsma comes back and the Pens try one more time with this group. A lot of players are up for free agency after next season, so it might behoove Shero to take the easy way and keep everyone place for one more year. Next season will be a challenge - Malkin and Letang may not take below average deals to stay, and the integration of young players has to happen.

Greg Schuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 07:13 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

If we find out Bylsma is back today, then fire Shero's ass too.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 07:26 AM
SV1

Yeah, out on Shero after the extension and the NKOTB Bylsma dancing crap.

Think it's pretty clear he will NEVER fire Bylsma. Never. No matter the circumstance, because if not after the last two years, when.... Not going to happen.

SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Ya but if we find out Bylsma is coming back it's cause so is Shero. It's just going to be another wasted year of Sid and Geno that is all

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:33 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
You'll need to update your avatar to include . . . and Ray was too.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Will Hunting

Am I too crazy if I think Shero comes today supporting Bylsma & Fleury? Shero is very solid in trades, but otherwise heīs strange in the other decisions. I donīt know whatīs going on in this organization anymore...

Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:57 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

The current temperature of Ray's seat: comfortable.

The current temperature of Ray's seat should he choose to not only bring back Bylsma but also extend him: comfortable.

let's face it, folks. Everyone who thinks there are issues is wrong. They did it 4 years ago, a repeat is just a 'getting to our game' away.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:02 AM
SidTheKid8787

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post

The current temperature of Ray's seat should he choose to not only bring back Bylsma but also extend him: comfortable.

let's face it, folks. Everyone who thinks there are issues is wrong. They did it 4 years ago, a repeat is just a 'getting to our game' away.
It's time to start working on the "Country Club" avatars. Might as well have some fun with it.

SidTheKid8787 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Lim Ran

vCash: 987
Some seriously ridiculous ****.

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:19 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
You'll need to update your avatar to include . . . and Ray was too.
If only it would fit. I barely fit in what I have now.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:29 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post

I wish that you weren't right, but you are. The stench extends all the way to ownership and to our two superstars who parrot this **** like mindless puppets.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Will Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hunting View Post
Am I too crazy if I think Shero comes today supporting Bylsma & Fleury? Shero is very solid in trades, but otherwise heīs strange in the other decisions. I donīt know whatīs going on in this organization anymore...
No, I wasnīt crazy, I was right. I hate being right like this. For me, Ray Shero is just another moron in this ****ing organization.

The biggest pain is Fleury, because we arenīt losing cap space for morons like Shero & Bylsma..

Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote