HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released Today

Old
06-11-2013, 11:27 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:55 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
GameStops were allocated a certain amount, around 5-12 I would guess (mine had 10), and we sold them all on Day One. Somehow we were floated more today, I'm not sure of the total, but not many, and we sold those too. We were allocated 26 PS4s and sold half today on Day One, although for some reason there's a very minimal allocation of PS controllers if you need to pick up spares. Not sure if that'll change over the next couple months, but keep it in mind if more than one person will be playing on your console.
Yeah they told me that when I pre-ordered mine so I added a controller to the order too.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:57 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Wow, that is pretty bad.

This, on the other hand. Is not. I had no idea this was even being thought about, let alone being made...

Old
06-12-2013, 06:38 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
You really hate Microsoft and Xbox, don't you? Your precious PS4 would be quite bland without a high speed internet connection, too.

Just as a PC or laptop would be utterly useless without an internet connection. I remember the first few days in my last apartment without internet or cable -- my PC was nearly useless. What do you mean I can look up boobs?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Xbox One "Day One" orders sold out, no idea how long ago. Here's hoping that the "Day One" preorders are all fulfilled then actually and i'll get it at launch.

Galvo, did you get the Day One or the Standard?
They're sold out on Amazon? Damn! I preordered the Day One Edition.

Depending on availability and demand, I may end up selling my Xbox One Day One Edition for a quick profit. I was thinking of preordering the PS4 and doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That looks like something that would give me a raging headache.

It's still cool though.
Yeah I had the same initial thought. However, it is cool, and it's nice to see a pretty major change in home theater technology. That pulse effect is quite awesome.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 06:49 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
You really hate Microsoft and Xbox, don't you? Your precious PS4 would be quite bland without a high speed internet connection, too.

Just as a PC or laptop would be utterly useless without an internet connection. I remember the first few days in my last apartment without internet or cable -- my PC was nearly useless. What do you mean I can look up boobs?!
There is a difference between being inconvenienced by not being able to play multiplayer or what have you, and not being able to use the game at all. Unless, I am misisng something, if you don't have internet you can still use a PS4. If you don't have internet you can't use an Xbox One.

Old
06-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Hollywood Couturier

I honestly don't know what Microsoft is doing here. A lot of the things that come along with One don't make sense. None of them effect me because I don't buy used games and I'm always connected to the Internet. Just doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.

At the same time I think the DRM is getting blown out of proportion. I think in the long run Xbox One will benefit from it because the game publishers will see money from the secondary market and reward Microsoft with more exclusive titles and things of that nature.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:18 AM
leclair1088

Is there only going to be one model of PS4? Some kid at my work said there will be a $400 model, $500 model and $600 model but I can't find anything that confirms this...

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
Is there only going to be one model of PS4? Some kid at my work said there will be a $400 model, $500 model and $600 model but I can't find anything that confirms this...
That was a rumor floated by IGN before Sony had their E3 conference. Nothing was said about it during the conference or since.

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:49 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
As far as I have seen there is only one model. I think it has 500GB of memory...it would seem pointless to have two other models with higher memory capacity than that. I know some people will fill that up, but I think th evast majority of PS4 owners will never fill it all up. So unless there would be some sort of extra features besides memory being offered in different models, I don't think there will be anything other than the $400 model they announced. Also, when I pre-ordered my PS4 there was no other option, so at least there won't be another model at launch.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:15 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
There is a difference between being inconvenienced by not being able to play multiplayer or what have you, and not being able to use the game at all. Unless, I am misisng something, if you don't have internet you can still use a PS4. If you don't have internet you can't use an Xbox One.
It seems like all of the info floating around the internet is different..

One moment, I hear that Xbox One needs to connect to the internet once per 24 hours. The next, I hear that it needs to be connected at all times. Frankly, I'll wait until the fanboy bashing nonsense dies down and actual fact emerges. Quite frankly, I'd rather actually use the device before coming to any conclusions.

I also heard that free online multiplayer on PSN is going bye-bye. Apparently you need PSN Plus to play multiplayer with PS4? I have no idea if that's truthful.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:16 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:

One moment, I hear that Xbox One needs to connect to the internet once per 24 hours. The next, I hear that it needs to be connected at all times. Frankly, I'll wait until the fanboy bashing nonsense dies down and actual fact emerges. Quite frankly, I'd rather actually use the device before coming to any conclusions.

I also heard that free online multiplayer on PSN is going bye-bye. Apparently you need PSN Plus to play multiplayer with PS4? I have no idea if that's truthful.
It is. Sony said it at E3

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
They said it at E3, but most do't know much about PS+

You get like 5-6 games free a month

This month has the US getting :

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (single-player) PS3 92
XCOM: Enemy Unknown PS3 89
LittleBigPlanet Karting PS3 73
Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3 89
Saints Row: The Third PS3 82
Machinarium PS3 78
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Vita 84
Gods Eater Burst

PLus there's a good bit of other games still available, but I forget what the ones that are staying from previous month

For 50 a month? That's not bad

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:40 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:

I think Xbox One explained it. If you are disconnected from the internet for more than 24 hours, you can't play the games. Granted, for most people that will not be an issue, but for the parts of the world without internet access or with slower internet access that is not always connected, it will be a huge problem. Much bigger than simply not being able play multiplayer, but rather not being able to play at all. Someone psoted that video of the Xbox guy saying basically if you don't have the internet, just buy an Xbox 360.

Quote:
Yeah that is true, which is definitely a bummer, but PS+ is only $40 a year and it includes many other perks like free games and such (or at least it currently does...not sure if that will continue when PS4 launches). Is Xbox One going to charge a monthly access fee or is theirs going to be free?

Old
06-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Krishna

Quote:
I think Xbox One explained it. If you are disconnected from the internet for more than 24 hours, you can't play the games. Granted, for most people that will not be an issue, but for the parts of the world without internet access or with slower internet access that is not always connected, it will be a huge problem. Much bigger than simply not being able play multiplayer, but rather not being able to play at all. Someone psoted that video of the Xbox guy saying basically if you don't have the internet, just buy an Xbox 360.

Yeah that is true, which is definitely a bummer, but PS+ is only $40 a year and it includes many other perks like free games and such (or at least it currently does...not sure if that will continue when PS4 launches). Is Xbox One going to charge a monthly access fee or is theirs going to be free?
PS+ is continuing with PS4.. Drive club will be on PS+ on launch

Old
06-12-2013, 10:45 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
They said it at E3, but most do't know much about PS+

You get like 5-6 games free a month

This month has the US getting :

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (single-player) PS3 92
XCOM: Enemy Unknown PS3 89
LittleBigPlanet Karting PS3 73
Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3 89
Saints Row: The Third PS3 82
Machinarium PS3 78
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Vita 84
Gods Eater Burst

PLus there's a good bit of other games still available, but I forget what the ones that are staying from previous month

For 50 a month? That's not bad
Is it $50 a month? I thought it was $40 for the year?

http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Pl.../dp/B004RMK5QG

Old
06-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Is it $50 a month? I thought it was $40 for the year?
Er. Am I drunk

Yeah, 40-50 a year I think

I think they just raised it to 50 a year

However, they regularly have it on sale for up to 50% off

I currently have it for the next 15 months

Old
06-12-2013, 11:29 AM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Er. Am I drunk

Yeah, 40-50 a year I think

I think they just raised it to 50 a year

However, they regularly have it on sale for up to 50% off

I currently have it for the next 15 months
Safe to assume that the PS+ service you have with PS3 will transfer to the PS4?

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Yep, Sony said it will go across PS3, PS4, and Vita

Here's hoping they do a ps4 with Vita included

Old
06-12-2013, 12:00 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I think they confirmed that it would.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:11 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

#AnythingButXbone

It pains me that all these kiddies are going to buy it just because it says "Xbox" on the box. So many harsh restrictions and privacy concerns, why would any adult even think of buying it?

The only reason I have for buying a console is MGS5/Ground Zeroes, which is why I hope they decide to release it on PC at some point.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:12 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseGolfCarts View Post
#AnythingButXbone

It pains me that all these kiddies are going to buy it just because it says "Xbox" on the box. So many harsh restrictions and privacy concerns, why would any adult even think of buying it?
Because we have stupid ****ing parents always buying things for their stupid ****ing kids when both know nothing other than a brand name. It's how a lot of people are now-a-days and it's ****ing disturbing.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:12 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Because we have stupid ****ing parents always buying things for their stupid ****ing kids when both know nothing other than a brand name. It's how a lot of people are now-a-days and it's ****ing disturbing.
Hah, I wish my parents bought me all of my gaming consoles and whatnot. Hell, I bought my own Super Nintendo when I was under 10 years old. My parents would only buy me the cheap console or handheld that was available at the time.

I bought my own PSX, my parents wouldn't buy me a PSX or N64.
I bought my own PS2 and Xbox. Parents bought me Gamecube.
I bought my own PSP. Parents bought me DS.
I bought my own PS3 and 360. Parents bought me a Wii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseGolfCarts View Post
#AnythingButXbone

I don't think the name is what is intriguing people.. Considering the OG Xbox wasn't a huge hit and the 360 had a huge share of hardware issues. If anything, the Playstation brand name holds more value and gets more consumers to hop on board.

You can take off your tinfoil cap and stop worrying about "privacy concerns". Or you can simply block the camera with a piece of tape.

This whole mandatory internet connection fuss is such nonsense. Please, tell me, how many of you PS3/360 owners play your console offline? Oh yeah.... almost none of you.

Developers are much more apt to rush a game to make release dates knowing that they can simply patch whatever bugs the game has. This means games aren't "complete" when they're first released. If you want the game updated, you must connect to the internet.

I can't help but roll my eyes at the Xbox One haters complaining about the mandatory internet connection while posting on a message board using their PC and an internet connection.

Old
06-12-2013, 02:12 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
you can simply block the camera with a piece of tape.
Wrong, the Kinect can detect when blocked off. Not only that but it is always listening when plugged in, can detect your heartrate, can detect your emotions, and has the ability to detect how many people are in a room. Judging from all this and the patent that MS filed to ask you to buy more licenses if too many people are watching a movie AND the fact that it needs to be connected to even use the console at all, it is quite clear the Kinect must be able to see you while using the console.

Quote:
This whole mandatory internet connection fuss is such nonsense. Please, tell me, how many of you PS3/360 owners play your console offline? Oh yeah.... almost none of you.
I do a lot if I don't want to update a game through forced updates.

Quote:
I can't help but roll my eyes at the Xbox One haters complaining about the mandatory internet connection while posting on a message board using their PC and an internet connection.
Imagine not being able to call anyone on your phone unless you started a certain app every 24 hours. Sure you can do it, but why should you even need to? Why is it fine to have something treat you like a criminal on a short leash? If you are perfectly OK with this, you need to wake up.

This isn't about anyone being a "hater", this is about the Xbox One assuming you are a pirating criminal from the start and treating you like garbage out of the box.

Last edited by RevUpThoseGolfCarts: 06-12-2013 at 02:17 PM.
RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 02:53 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
I don't understand what xbox is doing. How did this all get approved and passed on as something good for them. They are advertising all this stuff like people want it and yet with the exception of galvo and his irrational hate towards Playstation most people seem to view a lot of the new "features" on xbox as a negative, as well they should. Anything that puts restrictions or comes with baggage after buying it should be scrutinized and Microsoft does not have the right answers or at least the answers people want to hear to address their concerns. They seemingly think people are just going to buy it because of the name and they are untouchable, but gamers have shown in the past that they are willing to boycott a product if it is sub-standard, (see Saturn). When it comes to the Privacy issue there are a lot of people out there that simply don't want something impeding on their privacy, they have a very Big Brother attitude towards anything that can be used to track them or better yet monitor exactly what they are doing.

Then there is the has to be connected once every 24 hours to play anything. This is the part that really gets me, there are people that buy video game consoles to simply play a video game they do not want to be online. If I had a kid somewhere between 8-12 years old they wouldn't be online on xbox live with the amount of language and abuse that is on that, and we're not talking Call of Duty or Halo, I mean sports titles, anything, and people go nuts. I mean there are adults who do the same thing just stay away from online and such as well, but the point is there. So why should I have to PAY for xbox live after I have already bought the console simply to play games OFFLINE.

It all seems like very poor planning and poor evaluation of how their "feature's" would be received.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 03:16 PM
FLYguy3911

So I'm guessing psn names are transferring over to PS4 then? My last switch to a next gen console was ps2 to ps3 and ps2 obviously didn't have the network.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote