HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zac Rinaldo

Old
03-21-2013, 02:26 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If the Flyers make the officials aware of their urge to punish Rinaldo/Flyers, they can probably expect to get put on the PK a whole lot in the next game. Going to the media with that is a pretty bad idea.

Edit: Oh, and the Malone hit was deemed clean by the TB org. Not that it will do anything to assuage the raging butthurtyness of TB fans. They've been more emotional than the average Pen fan when it comes to Rinaldo.
Yeah I thought players were supposed to leave everything on the ice and not go through the media.

Their two threads on Rinaldo this year were pretty good.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:30 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
If the Flyers make the officials aware of their urge to punish Rinaldo/Flyers, they can probably expect to get put on the PK a whole lot in the next game. Going to the media with that is a pretty bad idea.

Edit: Oh, and the Malone hit was deemed clean by the TB org. Not that it will do anything to assuage the raging butthurtyness of TB fans. They've been more emotional than the average Pen fan when it comes to Rinaldo.
I don't how much you paid attention to those threads, but Pens fans were more than willing to jump in on the 12 page Rinaldo bash fests. The salt content was pretty high in those threads.

Either way, what are they really going to do to the Flyers? The Flyers aren't a particularly tough team, but Tampa is one of the softest teams in the league.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I don't how much you paid attention to those threads, but Pens fans were more than willing to jump in on the 12 page Rinaldo bash fests. The salt content was pretty high in those threads.

Either way, what are they really going to do to the Flyers? The Flyers aren't a particularly tough team, but Tampa is one of the softest teams in the league.
I haven't watched them as much this year, so I don't know who they could send in. Crombeen? Malone? Malone isn't likely since he's hurt.

Definitely not Carle

03-21-2013, 02:34 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

Well to be fair the next time these two teams meet it will be next year. Both teams rosters will probably look different next year. I'm sure Homer will have to find his useless goon to replace Shelley. Tampa could add some toughness to their lineup this offseason as well.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:02 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
I haven't watched them as much this year, so I don't know who they could send in. Crombeen? Malone? Malone isn't likely since he's hurt.

Definitely not Carle
Brewer is going to go with Simmonds again. That one went so well for him last time. They do have Labrie in Syracuse, but I watched him enough last year in Norfolk to know that he fights about as well as Hartnell. Meaning he gets tossed around a lot because his balance is that of a five year old on skates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Well to be fair the next time these two teams meet it will be next year. Both teams rosters will probably look different next year. I'm sure Homer will have to find his useless goon to replace Shelley. Tampa could add some toughness to their lineup this offseason as well.
Fair enough. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Tampa address that in the off season. They've gotten abused by quite a few teams this year.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:15 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Brewer is going to go with Simmonds again. That one went so well for him last time. They do have Labrie in Syracuse, but I watched him enough last year in Norfolk to know that he fights about as well as Hartnell. Meaning he gets tossed around a lot because his balance is that of a five year old on skates.

Fair enough. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Tampa address that in the off season. They've gotten abused by quite a few teams this year.
You're forgetting Radko Gudas he's a mixture of Bobby Orr and Bob Probert or so I'm told.

Yeah teams that usually get pushed around a lot eventually get tired of it and mangement addresses the problem. Buffalo last year and this past offseason is a good example of that.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Gudas or Labrie would be my guess. Crombeen would just get tagged again, and Labrie is pretty bad. Aulie beat Rinaldo in the AHL so may be him.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:22 AM
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1046
TO ALL THE RINALDO HATERS:

Zac Rinaldo is one of the most effective players in the NHL at what he does. Zac Rinaldo is the best pound for pound hitter the NHL has ever seen. The guy has still, grit and determination! Any GM would love to have the guy on his team! Rinaldo signed a deal in the offseason under market value, hes a player the loves playing for the logo not the name and number!

Last edited by RinaldoZac: 06-12-2013 at 10:43 AM.
RinaldoZac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:25 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerJesus View Post

Zac Rinaldo is one of the most effective players in the NHL. Zac Rinaldo is the best pound for pound hitter the NHL has ever seen. The guy has still, grit and determination! Any GM would love to have the guy on his team! Rinaldo signed a deal in the offseason under market value, hes a player the loves playing for the logo not the name and number!
Okay?

Old
06-12-2013, 10:30 AM
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Okay?
We dont need a "useless goon" as you say, we have Rinaldo to hit and Rosehill to stand up to the big guys tho Rinaldo can stand up for himself such has the Lucic/Marchand and Shawn Thornton in Boston. Thornton stands up to the tough guys!

Old
06-12-2013, 10:33 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
I love Rinaldo, but c'mon. He's an great 4th liner and that's about it

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Krishna

Quote:

Zac Rinaldo is one of the most effective players in the NHL. Zac Rinaldo is the best pound for pound hitter the NHL has ever seen. The guy has still, grit and determination! Any GM would love to have the guy on his team! Rinaldo signed a deal in the offseason under market value, hes a player the loves playing for the logo not the name and number!
What.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:37 AM
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I love Rinaldo, but c'mon. He's an great 4th liner and that's about it
He is a great 4th liner! if you didnt notice before Rinaldo got hurt he was playing within the top lines with Hartnell and Giroux and played solid at that!

Old
06-12-2013, 10:37 AM
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
What.
He effective and plays with PRIDE.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Krishna

Quote:
He effective and plays with PRIDE.
I know.

What's the point of the bump?

Old
06-12-2013, 10:40 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Zac gained a lot of respect in people's eyes this year but he's nothing more than a bottom 6 agitator. Is he effective at his job? Yes. Is he one of the most effective players in the NHL? No.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:42 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:

Zac "Wayne Gretzky" "Tie Domi" "Gordie Howe" Rinaldo

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:43 AM
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Zac gained a lot of respect in people's eyes this year but he's nothing more than a bottom 6 agitator. Is he effective at his job? Yes. Is he one of the most effective players in the NHL? No.
Im not saying most effective player in the nhl, im saying most effective hitter and most effective at the role he does, he could become a 2nd or 3rd liner with some work and some composure.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:50 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Im not saying most effective player in the nhl, im saying most effective hitter and most effective at the role he does, he could become a 2nd or 3rd liner with some work and some composure.
You said:
Quote:

He has no shot in hell of becoming a top 6 player. I like Zac but you're vastly overrating him here.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Krishna

I'm not even sure what's going on anymore

Old
06-12-2013, 10:55 AM
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
You said:

He has no shot in hell of becoming a top 6 player. I like Zac but you're vastly overrating him here.
If you go back to the original post you would see that there is and edit on it. i will bet you right now by the end of his career he will or would have been a top 6 forward.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
If you go back to the original post you would see that there is and edit on it. i will bet you right now by the end of his career he will or would have been a top 6 forward.
For a few shifts or a game here and there? Maybe.

Consistently? Absolutely not. You need offensive skill to get a top 6 spot. Rinaldo has never had offensive skill at any level. It's extremely unlikely he'll suddenly develop that part of his game out of the blue.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:08 AM
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor

Hes odviously not a Claude Giroux but he averages .92PPG one season. He was never known as a goal scorer.
2005-06 24PTS in 26GP .92PPG

Old
06-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Hes odviously not a Claude Giroux but he averages .92PPG one season. He was never known as a goal scorer.
That was 7 years ago when he was 15/16

Second line NHL players do a lot better than <1 ppg at those levels.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:13 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
????

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote