HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Boychuk/Peverley

Old
06-11-2013, 02:59 AM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
I think Ference is gone, but if a hometown discount is on the table, would certainly be a smart move having him around. I don't know about Peverley, because yes, he was bad this year, but I would ask for something like a 2nd + 4th/5th and no money back.
I keep going back and forth on whether or not I would like to see Ference come back. I feel some loyalty to Ference because he has been a good Bruin, a leader, and the team has been better with him in the lineup for the most part.

But just facing the facts, the Bruins have kids who are obviously ready to play and they need to cut salary somewhere, if they re-sign Ference who goes? Krug and Hamilton have to play in the NHL next year and Bartkowski has shown he is ready as well. It is a good problem to have but they still have one D too many, someone has to go.

Since Ference will be an UFA it makes sense that he would be the odd man out, the other guys are signed, the kids are more like Ference type of defensemen, if they don't let Ference walk is the solution to trade one of the kids? Is that a smart idea?

I like Ference, he seems like a good guy, but if they re-sign him instead of letting the kids play I don't think there is any way it is going to be possible to re-sign Horton or replace him unless they clear more than just Peverley's salary. Peverley and someone else have to go to fill Horton's spot one way or another. Ference makes sense.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:46 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
We'll need to at least carry a 13th forward.
Ideally, but depending on the Horton/Rask numbers, I'm not sure we can afford it. We could do an emergency call-up if necessary, or in a pinch could slot Krug on the left wing and put Bart on defense.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:49 AM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
1st and 4th? I wouldn't be upset if that happened.

Moulson-Tavares-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo
Grabner-Nelson-Peverley
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald

MacDonald-Hamonic
Visnovsky-Boychuk
Donovan-Carkner
Strait

XXX/Nabokov
Nabokov/Poulin/Nilsson
I'd rather just keep the 3rd/4th rounder and use Nino in that 3rd line spot. But as far as Boychuk goes, I'd have no problem trading the 15th for him. Unless that is what it would take to get Bernier.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
If I'm Chia I am very hestitant to go into next year with Hamilton krug and Bart making up half your D.....
Bartkowski is 7th D.

Chara Boychuk
Seids Hamilton
Krug McQuaid
Bart

I'd be more hesitant having Krug and Ference on the same line. Both undersized. McQuaid needs to be in there, meaning its either Krug/Ference/Bartkowski as 7th D.

Hockey is a business...no one cared about Mark Stuart when he left and he was our own draft pick. You get replaced by a younger cheaper option in this sport, you get replaced. Simple as that.

Last edited by Tim Vezina Thomas: 06-11-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I keep going back and forth on whether or not I would like to see Ference come back. I feel some loyalty to Ference because he has been a good Bruin, a leader, and the team has been better with him in the lineup for the most part.

But just facing the facts, the Bruins have kids who are obviously ready to play and they need to cut salary somewhere, if they re-sign Ference who goes? Krug and Hamilton have to play in the NHL next year and Bartkowski has shown he is ready as well. It is a good problem to have but they still have one D too many, someone has to go.

Since Ference will be an UFA it makes sense that he would be the odd man out, the other guys are signed, the kids are more like Ference type of defensemen, if they don't let Ference walk is the solution to trade one of the kids? Is that a smart idea?

I like Ference, he seems like a good guy, but if they re-sign him instead of letting the kids play I don't think there is any way it is going to be possible to re-sign Horton or replace him unless they clear more than just Peverley's salary. Peverley and someone else have to go to fill Horton's spot one way or another. Ference makes sense.
You don't reward loyalty when they've proven to be an expendable asset. Krug/Bart is a more than capable 6th defensman. Ference will likely cost at least twice as them, maybe more.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 04:18 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Bartkowski is 7th D.

Chara Boychuk
Seids Hamilton
Krug McQuaid
Bart

I'd be more hesitant having Krug and Ference on the same line. Both undersized. McQuaid needs to be in there, meaning its either Krug/Ference/Bartkowski as 7th D.

Hockey is a business...no one cared about Mark Stuart when he left and he was our own draft pick. You get replaced by a younger cheaper option in this sport, you get replaced. Simple as that.
Boychuk and Stuart aren't comparable at this point in their careers when they were traded. I would take Boychuk 10 times out of 10 and it's not very close. Stuart was expendable because we had guys like Boychuk and McQuaid on the team. He was redundant. Taking away Boychuk makes our defense smaller.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:01 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
I'd be happy with a second. maybe a third and a sixth or something along those lines works as well.

if Ference walks....

Z-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Bartkowski/Krug-McQuaid

Hamilton/Krug/Bartkowski would not make up half our top 6 if Ference walks.
thought there was someone I was missing there......

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:46 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
I'd be happy with a second. maybe a third and a sixth or something along those lines works as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Works fine for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
I think Ference is gone, but if a hometown discount is on the table, would certainly be a smart move having him around. I don't know about Peverley, because yes, he was bad this year, but I would ask for something like a 2nd + 4th/5th and no money back.
Well the Islanders dont have thier 2nd this year but if your willing to accept a 2nd next year. The 2nd we get back from you because Thomas never played a game, then I would be ok kicking in Montreal's 4th in this coming draft for Peverly and the rights to Ference.

Question; does Peverly still play center or is he mostly a winger now?

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:31 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Well the Islanders dont have thier 2nd this year but if your willing to accept a 2nd next year. The 2nd we get back from you because Thomas never played a game, then I would be ok kicking in Montreal's 4th in this coming draft for Peverly and the rights to Ference.

Question; does Peverly still play center or is he mostly a winger now?
he's mostly a winger but he's centering our third line in the SCF because of the Campbell injury.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:37 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Yotes offer a 2014 2nd for Peverley if Boston can eat 625k of his salary

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:41 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
no can do

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:48 PM
JoeIsAStud

Quote:
Personally from a Boston POV, I say no.

Eating 625K is not worth it for Boston, especially not for what is likely only a marginally better return

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:00 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Is there anything the Yotes can give so Boston eats 625k? I mean the Bruins still clear 2.75 million of salary. 625k shouldnt be a deal breaker in resigning Horton

Old
06-12-2013, 08:25 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Is there anything the Yotes can give so Boston eats 625k? I mean the Bruins still clear 2.75 million of salary. 625k shouldnt be a deal breaker in resigning Horton
why do they need to eat the salary?

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:20 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
why do they need to eat the salary?
A team with a $50 million internal budget needs all the budgetary flexibility it can get?