Notices

Chicago Villain in waiting- David Bolland

Old
06-12-2013, 12:08 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Chicago Villain in waiting- David Bolland

Good player but a rat. Not sure how many here are aware of this guy but he is one dirty mother if you ask me. I have friends who watched him in London all the time and others around the NHL, who tell me there is no line this guy wouldn't cross. He's no dummy either- has the Mike Richards smarts to set up and unload on an opposing skilled player and then pull a 'whoa, sorry about that- me bad'. I've known this for awhile so I found it interesting he took out Richards and concussed him and probably impacted that series.

Andrew Shaw will get a lot of attention since he sounds like Brad Marchand is his hero- but as irritating and likely over the edge he may be, Bolland is the guy who I can see zeroing in on Bergeron and Krejci. I figured this was the plan but when I saw him last night sitting during media day with Tappan, Melrose, and Mike Johnson or Kevin Weeks, he mentioned stopping those two guys specifically by name as if he's already got them in sight.

Keep your eyes on this guy folks #36 to me he is the worst combo- pretty good player who has nice talent albeit can be a bit up and down but when he gets hot he can put up points (I'd take him, smart, and will take that predatory open ice hit, or high hit in the corner near the head)

Shaw will likely be a complete a-hole since I think he consciously wants the attention, but Bolland will be the guy that would like nothing better than get a knock out shot at Bergeron or Krejci. I can not even print half the crap I heard on this guy so trust me he concerns me Shaw uses his stick and hits but he's more along the Marchand unnecessary not needed- lack of discipline stuff like massaging Morrow's balls with his stick, or the dumb take out on Crosby; but Bolland is looking to put your guy in a darkroom and he is dangerous like Raffi Torres with more talent. Campbell actually would have been a nice assignment to him but whatever, Boston can make do.

Also, watch the Hawks system- everything flows from the right defense and Boston needs to get pucks deep on them-especially Keith, Leddy, and Oduya and hammer them but support the intermediary first pass area.

Bruins in 6

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:13 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
and they will get to know Marchand

bruinswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:15 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinswincup View Post
Marchand is the fly in the TV room that gets you off the couch, Bolland is a hornets nest over the garage

Old
06-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 248
I wonder which Chicago player will be Marchy's target ?

06-12-2013, 12:17 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I think any winger he is up against on the top two lines- like to see him target Bickell.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Suck, suck, suck!

Quote:
Patrick Kane

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:34 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Bickell is going to terrorize Chara...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:40 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
he will certainly go after him physically, but Boston's top two left wingers Lucic and Marchand need to either blast him (Lucic) or just be a pain in the ass like Marchand. Bickell is pretty good but he's not all of a sudden become Cam Neely here. This is more like Stephane Mattau or John Druce or even Fedetenko who got hot in the playoffs. He can be a Darrin McCarty type which is pretty good and valuable but I'd hope Lucic can lay a big hit or two on him- and Chara if he wants can hit with the best of him. Take it to him, not other way around.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

As much as guys like Bickell / Shaw/ Bolland are considered pests and will try to get under the skin of Chara/DK/Bergeron, the one thing we have going for our pests is they actually know how to play hockey and don't hurt us if they play over 17mins a night.

While Bickell has been a pleasant surprise this year, if they want to keep throwing over Shaw/Bolland to go after our guys...it'll only help us on the offensive side of things.

06-12-2013, 12:50 PM
patty59

Quote:
Chara will turn Bickell into a puddle.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:07 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Good player but a rat. Not sure how many here are aware of this guy but he is one dirty mother if you ask me. I have friends who watched him in London all the time and others around the NHL, who tell me there is no line this guy wouldn't cross. He's no dummy either- has the Mike Richards smarts to set up and unload on an opposing skilled player and then pull a 'whoa, sorry about that- me bad'. I've known this for awhile so I found it interesting he took out Richards and concussed him and probably impacted that series.

Andrew Shaw will get a lot of attention since he sounds like Brad Marchand is his hero- but as irritating and likely over the edge he may be, Bolland is the guy who I can see zeroing in on Bergeron and Krejci. I figured this was the plan but when I saw him last night sitting during media day with Tappan, Melrose, and Mike Johnson or Kevin Weeks, he mentioned stopping those two guys specifically by name as if he's already got them in sight.

Keep your eyes on this guy folks #36 to me he is the worst combo- pretty good player who has nice talent albeit can be a bit up and down but when he gets hot he can put up points (I'd take him, smart, and will take that predatory open ice hit, or high hit in the corner near the head)

Shaw will likely be a complete a-hole since I think he consciously wants the attention, but Bolland will be the guy that would like nothing better than get a knock out shot at Bergeron or Krejci. I can not even print half the crap I heard on this guy so trust me he concerns me Shaw uses his stick and hits but he's more along the Marchand unnecessary not needed- lack of discipline stuff like massaging Morrow's balls with his stick, or the dumb take out on Crosby; but Bolland is looking to put your guy in a darkroom and he is dangerous like Raffi Torres with more talent. Campbell actually would have been a nice assignment to him but whatever, Boston can make do.

Also, watch the Hawks system- everything flows from the right defense and Boston needs to get pucks deep on them-especially Keith, Leddy, and Oduya and hammer them but support the intermediary first pass area.

Bruins in 6
Dan,

I believe all of this, but if your friends in London know, pretty sure DK and Bergeron are aware of this also? Best defense can be a good offense, why not have Lucic **** him up before he goes after our guys. Even if he doesn't get him right away, Bolland will have to have his head on a swivel as well because Looch is big/strong enough to hurt you without being dirty.

It's hard to target other guys when you are being hunted...

As far as Bickell goes, he's a decent player and having a good playoff series, but he is not a match for Chara IMO, nor is he a good comparison to Lucic as some have been doing (Bickell has something like 4 fights in the last few years, and is not a great fighter).

B's need to keep playing their game, get the puck in deep, punish the D, and clog the NZ when they do break out, creating offensive opportunities with their D.

Tough series, B's in 6.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

respect to Bolland, but we just faced Cooke. Should be ready for him as well. Watching for Marchand to get Toews off of his game. Seems like he can be easily rattled.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Going to try

Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

Bruins in 6
Far be it for me to call you out on anything hockey-related, but from what I've seen, Chicago's often been using the quick-up from the LEFT Defense. Maybe you meant Boston's right side? Or more likely, I've got my cranium in my colon.

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Bolland is a shell of his former self ,, He wont bother Bruins

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:20 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
lou - you been doing peyote again?

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinswincup View Post
He is the Hawks target.

So he has no choice.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Quote:
I want him to make Kane's life miserable. They will be lining up next to each other often. Kane is RW and Marchand is LW. I do believe Bergy line is going against Bickell-Handzus-Kane

Kane is the scariest player on the team offensivley and if Marchand can be physical and drive him insane it will throw him off big time

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:37 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Getting old, or just in a slump?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Fire Julien

Lucic needs to speedbag Bickell like Mclaren did a couple of years ago.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:43 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
lou - you been doing peyote again?
He will hit him every time the puck is in his corner...trying to draw retaliatory penalties. I didn't say he was going to dominate him or anything...just going to drive him nuts.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:43 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Rumor is he is hurt, any truth?

Also, I think this board is going to loathe Toews by the end of the 2nd period tonight.

EverettMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Spoked-B
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Rumor is he is hurt, any truth?

Also, I think this board is going to loathe Toews by the end of the 2nd period tonight.
Toews AND his "Intangibles!"

Spoked-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 02:02 PM
N o o d l e s

McQuaid better pay him a visit if he tries anything funny

N o o d l e s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs