HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Bourque was one of the only Habs forwards that played like a man in the playoffs. Big mistake to move him.
I'm not willing to forget the other 50 games he's played with us (I gave him 15/27 good games this year) and everything I've heard out of Calgary about his time there. He's got size and skill but he consistently under performs, takes nights off, and attempts those flying elbows. Not a keeper for me, great contract though.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Wowwwww you ruined it with the last sentence. Absolutely horrible for the habs
He ruined it when he said we wouldn't be competitive with Gallagher.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Bourque was one of the only Habs forwards that played like a man in the playoffs. Big mistake to move him.
Who are you going to move? Eller? Subban? Emelin?
We can't move a player when his value is too low and we can't move a player when his value is high so when are we going to move anybody? Maybe we should become like the Salvation Army and look for donations.

We need a player like Buff more then Bourque.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I'm not willing to forget the other 50 games he's played with us (I gave him 15/27 good games this year) and everything I've heard out of Calgary about his time there. He's got size and skill but he consistently under performs, takes nights off, and attempts those flying elbows. Not a keeper for me, great contract though.
Before his injury Bourque was one of our best forwards, better then Pacioretty. I wouldn't give up on him, we need more players with size like him and that aren't afraid to take the puck to the net

Old
06-12-2013, 01:01 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
He ruined it when he said we wouldn't be competitive with Gallagher.
You are absolutely right, i made a mistake with my english sorry.

I was only putting Gallagher in the small portion of our players, of course we can win with him in the lineup, he is a warrior. I made a mistake, please forgive me. As for the Price trade, yes i would still do it for hometown boy Luongo.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
You are absolutely right, i made a mistake with my english sorry.

I was only putting Gallagher in the small portion of our players, of course we can win with him in the lineup, he is a warrior. I made a mistake, please forgive me. As for the Price trade, yes i would still do it for hometown boy Luongo.
That would be a worse trade than the one that brought us Gomez... Luongo and bieksa in no way fit with the core of this team. Our best players are either young or just entering their prime (price is a part of that). Although I am not against trading him at all (in fact I would like to trade him) trading him not only for a horrible contract, but for 2 guys that are near the end of their primes is horrible.

If I trade him it would be for a young elite talent either for our first line or our top pairing.

To replace him I would make a move on Bernier in LA fits montreals age much better then Luongo

Old
06-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Bourque and Gorges, get it done and I'd be a happy camper. If they wanted Kristo or Leblanc instead of Gorges, that's okay, too.
Then you'd have Subban and Byfuglien as right handed dman. Neither one will be willing to play 2nd pairing minutes. I wouldn't trust them together.

Bourque was a physical machine for us in the playoffs. He scored, he hit and he tried. Not many others can say that.

He doesn't show up every game, but it seems when it comes to the playoffs he does.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:21 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
That would be a worse trade than the one that brought us Gomez... Luongo and bieksa in no way fit with the core of this team. Our best players are either young or just entering their prime (price is a part of that). Although I am not against trading him at all (in fact I would like to trade him) trading him not only for a horrible contract, but for 2 guys that are near the end of their primes is horrible.

If I trade him it would be for a young elite talent either for our first line or our top pairing.

To replace him I would make a move on Bernier in LA fits montreals age much better then Luongo
IMO Price does not have the value some Habs fans may think. I think Lu, would have a major impact here in Montreal. So if not for Bieksa and you think he has value, get Luongo and Burrows for Price plus.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
IMO Price does not have the value some Habs fans may think. I think Lu, would have a major impact here in Montreal. So if not for Bieksa and you think he has value, get Luongo and Burrows for Price plus.
You don't get what I'm saying... Lu is a great goalie... Much better than Carey IMO BUT HE'S TOO OLD.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:24 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
You're trading a young goalie with questions marks for an older goalie with question marks and an insane contract, with Bieksa to tip the scales...what's the point?

Old
06-12-2013, 01:27 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
You don't get what I'm saying... Lu is a great goalie... Much better than Carey IMO BUT HE'S TOO OLD.
33 is not too old, sorry i dont agree. 4-5 more great years.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:30 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You're trading a young goalie with questions marks for an older goalie with question marks and an insane contract, with Bieksa to tip the scales...what's the point?
Change of scenery would be great for both goaltenders, and well Bieksa is exactly what the Habs need in a Defenseman....replace Diaz with Bieksa.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:33 PM
JPGoHabsGo

Holmgren traded for Streits UFA rights for a 4th rounder in i believe this years draft.

Any chance we can move Weber for a mid level pick in next years draft?

Old
06-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
33 is not too old, sorry i dont agree. 4-5 more great years.
No... Think 4 MAX... And what do we do then? When our Norris winning DMan is 27... Our franchise center is 23, the other key guys are between 24-28 (Eller, pacioretty, tinordi, beaulieu, kristo, collberg) the guys we drafted this year with our 3 early picks are between 21 and 22 and too bad guys we don't have a goalie anymore

Old
06-12-2013, 01:38 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoHabsGo View Post
Holmgren traded for Streits UFA rights for a 4th rounder in i believe this years draft.

I would be shocked if we got anything higher than a 6th for Weber.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:38 PM
JPGoHabsGo

Why is trading Price for Luongo a good idea when Lu can't handle the pressure in Vancouver

Old
06-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Then you'd have Subban and Byfuglien as right handed dman. Neither one will be willing to play 2nd pairing minutes. I wouldn't trust them together.

Bourque was a physical machine for us in the playoffs. He scored, he hit and he tried. Not many others can say that.

He doesn't show up every game, but it seems when it comes to the playoffs he does.
It doesn't really matter if Buff is on the 2nd pairing or not. LA Has Doughty and Voynov as their #1 and #2 and they are on separate parings.

Buff would be the ideal partner for Gorges. He has everything Gorges doesn't and vice versa.

Markov Subban
Gorges Buff
Emelin Diaz
Tinordi

and the year after

Tinordi Subban
Gorges Buff
Markov/Beaulieu Emelin

Old
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:
I would be shocked if we got anything higher than a 6th for Weber.
Id still take that 6th rounder over Weber at this point.

We have too many players like Weber and he has shown flashes of improvement but hasn't been able to be consistent about it.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
It doesn't really matter if Buff is on the 2nd pairing or not. LA Has Doughty and Voynov as their #1 and #2 and they are on separate parings.

Buff would be the ideal partner for Gorges. He has everything Gorges doesn't and vice versa.

Markov Subban
Gorges Buff
Emelin Diaz
Tinordi

and the year after

Tinordi Subban
Gorges Buff
Markov/Beaulieu Emelin
I thought we dealt Gorges for Byfuglien ? No way they take Leblanc, or Kristo.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I thought we dealt Gorges for Byfuglien ? No way they take Leblanc, or Kristo.
didn't see the trade offer. They do need Left handed D, so you're right, Gorges would probably have to be involved

Old
06-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:

The pick is for next year's draft (2014)

Old
06-12-2013, 01:49 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Change of scenery would be great for both goaltenders, and well Bieksa is exactly what the Habs need in a Defenseman....replace Diaz with Bieksa.
And if you're wrong and it isn't great for Luongo, you're stuck with a goalie who can be just as bad as Price (if not worse), except he's signed for 9 more years.

I'd like Bieksa on the Habs too, but the Canucks are going to have to do better than that to get me to touch that Luongo contract.

Quote:
Id still take that 6th rounder over Weber at this point.
Actually I forgot Weber isn't even signed...so even a 6th would be generous in that case.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

I'd be happy with Emelin and Buff as our 2nd pair defence. The Hammer and the Anvil, choose your poison.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

Streit and Weber, such different players, such different situations.

I don't know what you mean by UFA rights but Streit has been traded to the Flyers to give them exclusive negotiating rights between now and July 1. After that he's up for grabs.

And since I didn't see "conditional" anywhere in the story it appears that this price stands whether Flyers sign him or not.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:57 PM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:
And if you're wrong and it isn't great for Luongo, you're stuck with a goalie who can be just as bad as Price (if not worse), except he's signed for 9 more years.

I'd like Bieksa on the Habs too, but the Canucks are going to have to do better than that to get me to touch that Luongo contract.

Actually I forgot Weber isn't even signed...so even a 6th would be generous in that case.
Fair enough, but he is an RFA is he not? giving the team that acquires him some more control in his future

Closed Thread