HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I've said this before but it's worth mentioning again.

The Boston Bruins fan base is not any different than any other fan base in my opinion. Vast majority are rational, objective human beings who have a passion for their club and just like every other fan base have complete idiots who's time on forum boards are primarily centered around being an idiot and trolling. We have them, they have them, everyone has them. However, I quite enjoy a lot of them and love hearing opinions from different perspectives and life experiences.

One exception to this rule though; Karlsson fan boys are just too much for me and I could honestly do without them.
This is very true. The Boston Fans (and the city of Boston) are both great. One of the few American cities that treat the NHL with an equal amount of respect with the other major sports. Their media and hockey club is another story, but I got nothing against the fans.

It's the polar opposite of the Leafs though. . Couldn't care less about their team or media, but hate their fans (and the city sucks).

Old
06-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 28m #Isles announce they have traded veteran defenseman (and captain) Mark Streit to PHI for 4th round pick in 2014 and Shane Harper

Ryder must be worth a decent pick...Go Bergevin Go

Old
06-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Seeing as these veteran PP defencemen are all the rage, time to move Markov is now.

Had the best season (offensively) of either Gonchar or Streit & he is signed.

Gotta trade him before its too late.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Seeing as these veteran PP defencemen are all the rage, time to move Markov is now.

Who takes Markov's spot? If they trade him, that's exactly what the habs will be missing.

Markov and PK is a killer PP blue line... you don't mess with what works. If by the deadline the habs are not in a playoff position, I'm sure markov will be trade bait

Old
06-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

Why would it be "too late" ? Teams will always be looking for that kind of player. Markov is 34, if we sign him for 2-3 years he'll still have a role. Gonchar just got 2 years and 10 mil at 39!!

Old
06-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Teufelsdreck

To my own surprise I don't really care who wins the Stanley Cup this year. If the Bruins win, they deserve it. They'd have beaten the two best teams, although the Penguins were badly let down by their #1 goaltender as well as by their vaunted offense. I wonder what Fleury must have thought as he sat on the bench and watched his 36-year-old replacement (who played quite respectably).

As for the Bruins, I didn't think they had it in them to get this far. I'm puzzled by their finishing second to the Habs in the regular season,

Old
06-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Andy

Bollig in, Stalberg out for the Hawks. Bollig will play with Kruger and Frolik. I hope the Hawks don't plan on playing the Bruins' game, that's exactly what they want. The Hawks need to forget about that stuff and play their game.

Also Bollig didn't look great against the Red-Wings. Quenneville shouldn't **** around with a winning lineup. He messed with the lines in Detroit and they went down 3-1 in the series.

Some Hawks fans are pissed that Bollig is in the lineup.

Old
06-12-2013, 02:31 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Why would it be "too late" ? Teams will always be looking for that kind of player. Markov is 34, if we sign him for 2-3 years he'll still have a role. Gonchar just got 2 years and 10 mil at 39!!
He's redundant when Beaulieu makes it. Diaz also helps in this regard. No way should Markov get an extension after this next season.

Old
06-12-2013, 02:34 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
To my own surprise I don't really care who wins the Stanley Cup this year. If the Bruins win, they deserve it. They'd have beaten the two best teams, although the Penguins were badly let down by their #1 goaltender as well as by their vaunted offense. I wonder what Fleury must have thought as he sat on the bench and watched his 36-year-old replacement (who played quite respectably).

As for the Bruins, I didn't think they had it in them to get this far. I'm puzzled by their finishing second to the Habs in the regular season,
I feel the same way. Would prefer the Hawks but if Boston wins it, all the power to them; they can thank the Leafs most of all for giving it to them. I'll still be cheering for the Hawks and I believe they can handle them; Kane, Sharp, Toews, Bickell and Hossa makes for a well balanced offence compared to Sid and Geno.

Old
06-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He's redundant when Beaulieu makes it. Diaz also helps in this regard. No way should Markov get an extension after this next season.
That's tough because then letting Markov walk imo wouldn't be good asset management. If they plan on not signing him past this season it's best to trade him now. Personally I don't want to see Markov traded.

Old
06-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Having the one of the best PP D in the league is never a redundancy. He becomes redundant when he stops being that or Diaz/Beaulieu start being elite at something.

Most of the Markov proposals are about killing one of the team's best strengths and losing more games in return for a prospect.

Old
06-12-2013, 02:48 PM
MTL-rules

I guess Markov had nothing to do with the habs great season ??? Really, this board makes me crazy sometimes !

If we can get a "can't refuse offer" like a Top 5 pick or can't miss prospect + picks, then yes, but really he's still elite offensively and just need a good partner defensively...

Old
06-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Markov and PK were the best PP duo in the NHL, by far. Unless Beaulieu and Diaz can also provide that while performing as a top 4 D, then we can talk about it.

Moving Markov now just because it might be the best time to do so while killing our PP pair would be dumb.
If PK doesn't rack up the points on the PP as he did, he doesn't get nominated for the Norris.

Diaz has been injured every year here, and he's struggled for half his games over that tenure. If he goes through yet another similar year, I don't think he'll get another contract.

Ideally, we have three PMDs matched up with bigger and more physical Dmen. So PK, Markov and Beaulieu matched up with Emelin, Tinordi, Gorges (hopefully we could move Gorges for a bigger and more physical version).

If Markov also adapts to being a little slower, then he could serve a huge purpose for us.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Brainiac

vCash: 552
Quote:
Can we please wait and see if Beaulieu is able to contribute even a fraction of what Markov brings?? He was not really dominant last year in the AHL...

Old
06-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Et le But

I'm struggling to see why we need to rush to trade one of the highest scoring PP defensemen in the league.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:34 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Bollig in, Stalberg out for the Hawks. Bollig will play with Kruger and Frolik. I hope the Hawks don't plan on playing the Bruins' game, that's exactly what they want. The Hawks need to forget about that stuff and play their game.

Also Bollig didn't look great against the Red-Wings. Quenneville shouldn't **** around with a winning lineup. He messed with the lines in Detroit and they went down 3-1 in the series.

Some Hawks fans are pissed that Bollig is in the lineup.
Bollig didn't play again Detroit

Old
06-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Another example of the "KHL factor"

KHL club Traktor Chelyabinsk has sent a contract offer to Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov.
"All the talk about Voynov was absolutely serious," Traktor GM Evgeny Tsybuk said. "We made an offer earlier, but he didn't want to hold talks until the end of the season. We are patiently waiting for his decision. If the deal is sealed, it will be an unreal reality." Voynov will be a restricted free agent in July, so whatever offer he has on the table could be used as leverage in his negotiations with the Kings. The 23-year-old blueliner had 25 points in 48 games during the regular season and he broke out in a big way in the playoffs, where he had 13 points over 18 contests.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
When Beaulieu makes the NHL he won't instantly be a #2 or 3 d-man playing 20+ minutes a night.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Bollig didn't play again Detroit
You're right it. It was Carcillo that played 1 and 2 of the Red-Wings series. My bad. I remember it being Bollig. Oh well.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Et le But

How much Bruins legends care:

http://deadspin.com/phil-esposito-on...an-s-512887130

Old
06-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Andy

Jeremy White ‏@JeremyWGR 6h
Quote:
#Sabres Director of Amateur Scouting says they have talked with Colorado about the 1st pick...expect to continue conversations up to draft.
Great, more talent in our division. Buffalo, Florida, and Tampa might have the 1st, second and third picks. We might have to face Jones, Drouin and Mackinnion.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
That's pretty blunt.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

Great, more talent in our division. Buffalo, Florida, and Tampa might have the 1st, second and third picks. We might have to face Jones, Drouin and Mackinnion.
If the trade for it presumably Buffalo is giving up equal value the other way so its not like that would change the balance of power any.

Its a good bet that all three of those teams are going to be below average for the next two seasons.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Roulin

Quote:

I assume Grigorenko would be part of the return, especially with Roy as the decider?

Old
06-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Andy

Other rumor from the trade board is Bernier for Read. Those Flyers and their goaltenders.

Closed Thread