HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Name Alain Vigneault Head Coach

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Miz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
There isn't a coach out there that's going to overachieve the way Torts did with the mediocre roster we have in place!
It's back to square #1 which will include yet another rebuild by the teflon GM. Is this his 4th or 5th rebuild now?
I believe we've all seen this movie before; more replays than "The Godfather."
To be fair we really never had a full blown rebuild. We were all asking for one, then the lockout and Jagr happened. We had re-tooled a lot though from year to year, looking for the right core players. Just hasn't happened yet.

Old
06-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Ola

There are ways around tampering restrictions.

Slats can say alot of stuff that in no way can result in a tampering accusation but sends a very clear message to Tippet. It he wants too.

I mean, just leak to Brooks that they want to wait so that they get a chance to talk to everyone. Leak that money will not be an issue.

http://thegnuru.com/2012/06/no-one-i...-gm-lou-nanne/

Quote:
[former Minnesota North Stars' GM Lou Nanne] appeared on Minnesota's KFAN Sports Radio Wednesday to discuss what players the Wild might target this offseason, and Parise came up in a big way. "I really don't think they're gonna get him signed," Nanne said of the Devils, before explaining the Wild's plans, should Parise hit the open market:

"I had dinner with Craig Leipold on Wednesday night. I know Chuck Fletcher and Craig Leipold really want Parise, and what Craig told me is how hard he's going to go after him, and the kind of money he's going after him, I don't see how Parise's not coming here.

"I can tell you this: No one is going to outbid the Wild. So if Parise goes somewhere else, you can bet he's going for less money. [...] I'm not going to say the figure, but it's going to be plenty. It's gonna be a lot more than I ever expected. It's gonna be so substantial that I cannot see Zach Parise turning it down."
I thought this was borderline by Minny last summer. You can be much more subtile.

Last edited by Ola: 06-12-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old
06-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Who says Tippet cares about the money, or actually wants to coach the Rangers? I know it's hard to believe, but maybe he likes the life he has in Phoenix?

Old
06-12-2013, 05:36 PM
JeffMangum
~Dylan~

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 1m
Dallas Stars in serious contract talks with Vigneault. Could put pressure on Rangers to act fast if they want him in NY. #NHL

Everything about you is bringing me misery.
Old
06-12-2013, 05:38 PM
MGF0723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 1m
Dallas Stars in serious contract talks with Vigneault. Could put pressure on Rangers to act fast if they want him in NY. #NHL
I fear Messier already has the job here. I hope I am so wrong.

Old
06-12-2013, 05:40 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Why do I feel like the music is going to stop playing and the Rangers are going to be left with out a chair quality coach wise.

Old
06-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Why do I feel like the music is going to stop playing and the Rangers are going to be left with out a chair quality coach wise.
My worry as well, then they'd be forced to dig deeper and hire someone not mentioned previously in reports, or take the easy road and hire Messier or Ruff.

Old
06-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Eff off Dallas! You're a football city.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
06-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Because it's the Rangers.

Old
06-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Riverdale

Sather needs to make a move fast.

At this point I'll take AV. There is not much else out there (other than Tippett). Just lock him up so we don't end up with someone worse.

Old
06-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Can't risk waiting for Tippet and bank on him not resigning with Phoenix. Eakins is already off the table. If Dallas is truely going hard after Vigneault, then we'd just have Ruff, Messier (NO) and Gretzky (NO).

Old
06-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Section311

They will probably end up re-hiring torts

Old
06-12-2013, 06:46 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
I fear Messier already has the job here. I hope I am so wrong.
He's been the guy for a while. Sadly you aren't wrong.

Old
06-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
I'l let them hire me over Messier. Good good?

Old
06-12-2013, 06:57 PM
OverTheCap

I can't imagine the Rangers would hire AV after only one interview and without interviewing other candidates. They really should have started the interview process sooner, it's been two weeks since Torts was fired.

Old
06-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I can't imagine the Rangers would hire AV after only one interview and without interviewing other candidates. They really should have started the interview process sooner, it's been two weeks since Torts was fired.
The procrastination may have sufficed if we were the only organization looking to replace the coach. What did they think would happen?

06-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Can't risk waiting for Tippet and bank on him not resigning with Phoenix. Eakins is already off the table. If Dallas is truely going hard after Vigneault, then we'd just have Ruff, Messier (NO) and Gretzky (NO).
There are more coaches out there than that. One of them is even in the title of the thread.

Old
06-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
There are more coaches out there than that. One of them is even in the title of the thread.
Right, forgot about Stevens and Boucher. Eaves too. But, seeing as top how long this process started, I'm not too confident they'll be around all too much longer.

As it was mentioned above, it's been 2 weeks since Torts was axed. Why wait that long to start the interview process? Also, Tippet is almost out of the question as an option, as I mentioned above.

Old
06-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

its AV at this point. i wouldn't mind boucher. if we get stuck with ruff i will be very mad. at least AV can help the offense

Old
06-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Right, forgot about Stevens and Boucher. Eaves too. But, seeing as top how long this process started, I'm not too confident they'll be around all too much longer.

As it was mentioned above, it's been 2 weeks since Torts was axed. Why wait that long to start the interview process? Also, Tippet is almost out of the question as an option, as I mentioned above.
After Bettman's press conference today, I think there's a greater chance of getting Tippett than a couple days ago. This Phoenix situation has not been solved for years, everything I hear sounds like the Mayor there does not care for hockey/Coyotes, so I think they will finally be moved. With Tippett not being under contract for next season, it opens up options for him to decide where he wants to go, with Coyotes where they are going or elsewhere.

Some have said it here, does he even want to coach in the New York for the Rangers?

Old
06-12-2013, 07:26 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
The procrastination may have sufficed if we were the only organization looking to replace the coach. What did they think would happen?
Seriously. Why did the Rangers have to up and transition their whole operation across the country, so Sather could show off his cozy digs in his godfather mansion to intimidate all of the incoming candidates? (Which up to this point is only one).

Maybe it would have been wiser to keep things in NY given the fact that this season was way out of the norm, they went fairly deep into the playoffs and they axed their skipper.

They need to jump on AV right away if hes the guy.

Old
06-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
its AV at this point. i wouldn't mind boucher. if we get stuck with ruff i will be very mad. at least AV can help the offense
Look at Buffalo's offensive numbers since the 05-06 lockout. Look at the kind of players they put those up with. No Crosbys or Malkins, Kanes or Toews.

Old
06-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Graves94

Bettman was addressing the media about an hour ago, speaking about the state of the league, and both Bettman and Daly said that there is a realistic possibility that the Coyotes may RELOCATE next year if the city of Glendale doesn't settle the lease issue with the team soon, very soon, were the words used. Therefore, strong possibility that Tippett becomes available...to everyone else, including the Rangers.

Old
06-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
After Bettman's press conference today, I think there's a greater chance of getting Tippett than a couple days ago. This Phoenix situation has not been solved for years, everything I hear sounds like the Mayor there does not care for hockey/Coyotes, so I think they will finally be moved. With Tippett not being under contract for next season, it opens up options for him to decide where he wants to go, with Coyotes where they are going or elsewhere.

Some have said it here, does he even want to coach in the New York for the Rangers?
If he does (and assuming we don't know it), we really can't chance waiting it out. All of the other options will have dried up.

Old
06-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Bettman was addressing the media about an hour ago, speaking about the state of the league, and both Bettman and Daly said that there is a realistic possibility that the Coyotes may RELOCATE next year if the city of Glendale doesn't settle the lease issue with the team soon, very soon, were the words used. Therefore, strong possibility that Tippett becomes available...to everyone else, including the Rangers.
yup...also reports have come out that there's a Glendale city council meeting on June 25th and NHL Board of Governors meeting June 27th. So by the end of the month we should all know a final answer on Phoenix.

Closed Thread