HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumors and Speculation Thread #6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2013, 04:53 PM
  #51
Flyersfan1616
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
harts 4.75 G 3.75 Vora 4.25
Schenn 900 Coots 925 Simmonds 3.975
Read 900 laughton 1.1 Gagne 2.5
Talbot 1.75 Hall 800 McGinn 775
Rinaldo 750

Kimmo 6 Luke 3.6
Streit 5 Coburn 4.5
Gus 1 Gross 3.5
Mez 4

Bernier 3
Mason 1.5

This total comes in around 59.3m...5m to spend plus the 4m from mez cuz hes prolly getting traded if not he shouldn't get hurt be the 7th dman lol

Offersheet Bernier...theirs no way LA matches and they will just takes the picks

Sign Streit to around 5m im guessing

Sign Gagne to around 2.5m

Sign hall or good 4th line faceoff guy and good PKer

and I would look into getting another top 6 forward..Ryan would be nice but not at the price it will cost. anybody have thoughts on Micheal Ryder??I think Clowe would be great in Philly just not sure its worth what he is going to get paid.

oh ya bye bye danny B and Bryz

could have a lineup like

Ryder G Vora
Harts Schenn Clowe
Read Coots Simmer
Talbot Laughton Gagne
Rinaldo Hall McGinn

Flyersfan1616 is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 04:55 PM
  #52
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
I get silly-Holmgren visit to my daydreams.
Buyout Briere and Bryz.
Read+Meszarov+3round pick for Bernier and Brown.
Couturier+2rounder for Bobby Ryan.
Sign Ryan Clowe to 5 year 22.5 million.
Sign Matt Henricks for 2 years and 2 million.
Sign Streit for 3 years and 15million.

Then just win a cup with Laviolette and Flyers hockey.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Dustin Brown ($3.175m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Ryane Clowe ($4.500m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Matt Hendricks ($1.000m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Mark Streit ($5.000m)
Erik Gustafsson ($1.000m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
Jonathan Bernier ($1.525m)


CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,616,667; BONUSES: $2,350,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $2,033,333


Then i wake up. ****.
I see no incentives for Los Angeles and Anaheim to do those trades.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 05:26 PM
  #53
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,413
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I see no incentives for Los Angeles and Anaheim to do those trades.
Anaheim I can definitely see doing that deal. LA...not a chance.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 05:33 PM
  #54
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,413
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
This is my absolutely fantasy world dream roster. It isn't really too far out. Sign Streit for $5.1 million. Offer sheet Shattenkirk around $6.8 million. Re-sign Gagne short-term for $2.5 million. Sign Iginla short-term for $4.5 million. Sign Tomas Greiss to backup Mason. Draft someone sick at the draft.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Jarome Iginla ($4.500m)
Simon Gagne ($2.500m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Mark Streit ($5.100m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Kevin Shattenkirk ($6.827m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
Thomas Greiss ($1.288m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
Buyout: Chris Pronger ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,631,042; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $468,958

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 05:35 PM
  #55
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
My Goodness, you have Shattenkirk at 6.8 million and he isn't even on your top pair. I am sorry but that is a horrible idea. No way Shatty is worth what Pietrangelo is getting. And yes I know, you need to make it that much so St Louis doesn't match, but that is hurting your team more than helping. You over pay him by 2 million there.

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 05:50 PM
  #56
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,413
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
My Goodness, you have Shattenkirk at 6.8 million and he isn't even on your top pair. I am sorry but that is a horrible idea. No way Shatty is worth what Pietrangelo is getting. And yes I know, you need to make it that much so St Louis doesn't match, but that is hurting your team more than helping. You over pay him by 2 million there.
I'd risk it. The pairings weren't really thought out, just kind of threw them together. The blues I think will match anything under $7 million, so short of trading for him you are going to overpay for him. Either way, I'm not expecting anything like this, just a team I think on paper would be a legit Cup contender.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 06:13 PM
  #57
FlyingPhilly
Registered User
 
FlyingPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
I want no part of Iginla or Clowe. They can stay far, far away from the Flyers.

FlyingPhilly is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 06:31 PM
  #58
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,413
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
I want no part of Iginla or Clowe. They can stay far, far away from the Flyers.
I'd go with Iggy on a year or two deal

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 06:42 PM
  #59
SchennSational1022*
The Future
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Id take Shattenkirk at that number. He is honestly one of the elite offensive defensemen nobody knows about....He scores at just about a .50 PPG in his career so far. He could push 55-65 points on our team. A pairing of Schenn - Shatty makes me salivate. Luke never plays the left side but that would be dynamic

SchennSational1022* is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 06:54 PM
  #60
Bryz4shiz
Registered User
 
Bryz4shiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alhoa Oe
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
This is my absolutely fantasy world dream roster. It isn't really too far out. Sign Streit for $5.1 million. Offer sheet Shattenkirk around $6.8 million. Re-sign Gagne short-term for $2.5 million. Sign Iginla short-term for $4.5 million. Sign Tomas Greiss to backup Mason. Draft someone sick at the draft.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Jarome Iginla ($4.500m)
Simon Gagne ($2.500m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Mark Streit ($5.100m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Kevin Shattenkirk ($6.827m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
Thomas Greiss ($1.288m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
Buyout: Chris Pronger ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,631,042; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $468,958
That's a team that gets swept by the Bruins, Sens, or half a dozen other teams in the east

Bryz4shiz is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 07:20 PM
  #61
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 165
If we are talking realistically, I would love for us to get Boyd Gordon for the 4th line/PK, he would cost about 1.5mil but the guy is awesome, and extremely underrated. Great faceoff man (55+%), great Pker, can play on a higher line if needed, can get 20 points a year, insanely good defensively...

Then sign Gags for ~ 2.4-2.8 mill, buyout Briere and Bryz, get rid of Mez for whatever we can, LTIR Pronger.

Hartnell (4.75) - Giroux (3.75) - Voracek (4.25)
Schenn (0.90) - Couturier (0.93) - Simmonds (3.98)
Gagne (2.6) - Laughton (0.93) - Read (0.90)
Rinaldo (0.75) - Gordon (1.5) - Talbot (1.75)
Rosehill (0.68)

Timonen (6.00) - Schenn (3.60)
Streit (5.50) - Coburn (4.50)
Gustafsson (1.30) - Grossmann (3.50)
Gervais (0.83)

Mason (1.50)
Whoever (Mike Smith, Greiss, Emery (I know at least 1 of the three will be likely unavailable, but they are all decent)

54.40 overall

9.9 Mill cap space without goalie, could even make a play at a free agent top 9 winger instead of Gags and have 5 mill left, and we do need space for the re-signings and the apparent signing of Ryan a few years down the line!

Couts needs to be given a chance in a more offensive role.

I think this team would get into the playoffs, while not tying the teams hands behind its back for the future, if we did not have another injury year from hell the defensive side from both a D and forward perspective could be immensely good.

The worries would be the Goaltending consistency (but hey... nothing new) and maybe some chemistry/development between the 2nd and 3rd causing droughts in secondary scoring.

If we really are moving towards a more defensive system as well this lineup would suit it.

Appleyard is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 07:23 PM
  #62
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,413
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryz4shiz View Post
That's a team that gets swept by the Bruins, Sens, or half a dozen other teams in the east
You think? I am not sure where the weakness on that team is other than the question mark in goal, which could go either way.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 07:26 PM
  #63
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
If we are talking realistically, I would love for us to get Boyd Gordon for the 4th line/PK, he would cost about 1.5mil but the guy is awesome, and extremely underrated. Great faceoff man (55+%), great Pker, can play on a higher line if needed, can get 20 points a year, insanely good defensively...

Then sign Gags for ~ 2.4-2.8 mill, buyout Briere and Bryz, get rid of Mez for whatever we can, LTIR Pronger.
I agree

dingbathero is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 07:28 PM
  #64
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Why can't Hall be our 4th liner? I liked him.

CS is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 07:31 PM
  #65
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks
 
MRxBLACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NEPA USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Why can't Hall be our 4th liner? I liked him.
Is Gordon at 1.5 worth having over Hall at say 0.85?

MRxBLACK is online now  
Old
06-12-2013, 07:35 PM
  #66
FlyingPhilly
Registered User
 
FlyingPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'd go with Iggy on a year or two deal
That is fair. I still don't want Iginla though, don't think he has anything left based on how he was this playoffs.

FlyingPhilly is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 07:46 PM
  #67
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Why can't Hall be our 4th liner? I liked him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Is Gordon at 1.5 worth having over Hall at say 0.85?
Gordon is faster... but agree either would work, altho it doesn't look like the Flyers want to keep Hall - perhaps it's FINALLY Holmstroms time?

dingbathero is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 07:54 PM
  #68
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Gordon is faster... but agree either would work, altho it doesn't look like the Flyers want to keep Hall - perhaps it's FINALLY Holmstroms time?
I LOVE the way Holmstrom plays.

Without Couturier, he would already own that spot.

Unfortunately, I think Lavi plans to develop Laughton the way he developed Couturier, which puts Laughton on the 4th next year.

This could suck for Couturier but be awesome for our cap wallets. As long as Holmgren doesn't panic and trade Couturier, I'm content with him on the 3rd line in a shut-down role. Most of our fear involving Couturier's lack of production is that he will stagnate and grow accustomed that role. I don't think so though. Regular use on the PP will give him his chance to shine, and playing against rougher competition will only teach him how to develop himself into an absolute monster during his prime.

As long as Holmgren doesn't panic with Couturier, the offense will come.

My biggest fear is that another year with Schenn at center will fixate him down the middle, when eventually the theory would be to move Schenn outside.

Schenn is my concern, not Couturier.

CS is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 08:02 PM
  #69
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I LOVE the way Holmstrom plays.

Without Couturier, he would already own that spot.

Unfortunately, I think Lavi plans to develop Laughton the way he developed Couturier, which puts Laughton on the 4th next year.

This could suck for Couturier but be awesome for our cap wallets. As long as Holmgren doesn't panic and trade Couturier, I'm content with him on the 3rd line in a shut-down role. Most of our fear involving Couturier's lack of production is that he will stagnate and grow accustomed that role. I don't think so though. Regular use on the PP will give him his chance to shine, and playing against rougher competition will only teach him how to develop himself into an absolute monster during his prime.

As long as Holmgren doesn't panic with Couturier, the offense will come.

My biggest fear is that another year with Schenn at center will fixate him down the middle, when eventually the theory would be to move Schenn outside.

Schenn is my concern, not Couturier.
I would also like to seen Schenn on the wing this year, especially with Giroux.
If we dont acquire anymore big time forwards i would like to see

Schen-Giroux-Simmonds
Hartnell-Couturier-Voracek
XXXX-Laughton-Read

Schenn could become a really good goal scorer on Girouxs wing, while Simmonds cleans up in front of the net. Aslo moving Voracek down a line could help spread out the offensive production and help Couts develop his offensive game

Gagne on that Laughton line could make an amazing shutdown line

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 08:11 PM
  #70
laundryman
Registered User
 
laundryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I would also like to seen Schenn on the wing this year, especially with Giroux.
If we dont acquire anymore big time forwards i would like to see

Schen-Giroux-Simmonds
Hartnell-Couturier-Voracek
XXXX-Laughton-Read

Schenn could become a really good goal scorer on Girouxs wing, while Simmonds cleans up in front of the net. Aslo moving Voracek down a line could help spread out the offensive production and help Couts develop his offensive game

Gagne on that Laughton line could make an amazing shutdown line
I love that second line. Combine Voracek's puck possession ability with Hartnell/Couturier's shot and that line seems bound to produce.

laundryman is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 08:14 PM
  #71
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
I love that second line. Combine Voracek's puck possession ability with Hartnell/Couturier's shot and that line seems bound to produce.
I can see Voracek skating around the offensive zone with the puck to find Couts open for a shot and Hartnell screening the goalie. Voracek also greatly improved his shot last summer and Couturier has great vision and is a great passer. Seems like a well balance line to me.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 08:21 PM
  #72
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Schenn - Giroux - Simmonds

That line has some freaking drive and one of the shiftiest players in the NHL feeding them the puck.

Hartnell - Couturier - Voracek

Extremely well-balanced, and we know that any line with Hartnell on it produces. Voracek has taken his game up and can move the puck. Couturier is put in a position to tag along as part of that offensive trio while adjusting himself to offensive speed while using his defense to really make that an even strength monster of a unit. Voracek is no slouch defensively either.

Gagne - Laughton - Read

Speed and some nice snipers on the outside. Laughton is a spark plug and a physical presence down the middle. All three are extremely capable defensively. This could be the new shutdown line and allow Couturier to explore his offensive capabilities.

Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot

Can win faceoffs, fight, and make a little chaos happen. It's as solid a 4th line as there is in the game.



I like it. Convincing Laviolette to play this game is another story entirely.

CS is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 08:36 PM
  #73
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Schenn - Giroux - Simmonds

That line has some freaking drive and one of the shiftiest players in the NHL feeding them the puck.

Hartnell - Couturier - Voracek

Extremely well-balanced, and we know that any line with Hartnell on it produces. Voracek has taken his game up and can move the puck. Couturier is put in a position to tag along as part of that offensive trio while adjusting himself to offensive speed while using his defense to really make that an even strength monster of a unit. Voracek is no slouch defensively either.

Gagne - Laughton - Read

Speed and some nice snipers on the outside. Laughton is a spark plug and a physical presence down the middle. All three are extremely capable defensively. This could be the new shutdown line and allow Couturier to explore his offensive capabilities.

Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot

Can win faceoffs, fight, and make a little chaos happen. It's as solid a 4th line as there is in the game.



I like it. Convincing Laviolette to play this game is another story entirely.
And the bold is the thing i see as the biggest problem now. I really wish we could find a new coach

Edit: Also with that forward group the could keep Meszaros as insurance for the defense and Bryz if Holmgren doesnt want to amnesty him (which I think he should definitely be amnestied).


Last edited by FLYERSFAN18: 06-12-2013 at 08:47 PM.
FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 08:55 PM
  #74
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Does anyone else think that Holmgren is going to sign Clarkson to a ridiculous contract when free agency rolls around?

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 09:12 PM
  #75
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Does anyone else think that Holmgren is going to sign Clarkson to a ridiculous contract when free agency rolls around?
I hope not,

RespectTheCouts is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.