HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Why Do You Like Joe Sakic....

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2004, 04:30 PM
djavan

vCash: 500
Why Do You Like Joe Sakic....

Okay, yesterday I posted the same thing for Peter Forsberg (Foppa, what does that mean?)...

Well tonight I'm wondering why do you like our captain...

For me it's a number of reasons...

He's a clutch performer...

A very classy player... rarely will you see him over-celebrate a goal or show up the opposition in any way... Perhaps that is a shortcoming when it comes to getting a good interview...

Unlike Peter (though I appreciate this aspect of #21) Joe never complains with the officials... At times he seems as though he's not happy out there...

Kinda like a silent assassin...

Joe and Peter make a very good 1-2 punch because they have very different, yet effective, games...

And your thoughts....

Old
01-05-2004, 07:17 PM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by djavan
Okay, yesterday I posted the same thing for Peter Forsberg (Foppa, what does that mean?)...

Well tonight I'm wondering why do you like our captain...

For me it's a number of reasons...

He's a clutch performer...

A very classy player... rarely will you see him over-celebrate a goal or show up the opposition in any way... Perhaps that is a shortcoming when it comes to getting a good interview...

Unlike Peter (though I appreciate this aspect of #21) Joe never complains with the officials... At times he seems as though he's not happy out there...

Kinda like a silent assassin...

Joe and Peter make a very good 1-2 punch because they have very different, yet effective, games...

And your thoughts....

I had to reply to this one, Sakic is my favorite player. And oh BABY what a player he is. It is rare to see a superstar that is as humble and as hardworking as Burnaby Joe. I have so many great memorys of Joe , especially in the clutch. Can any Avalanche fan forget the move he made to embarress both Stevens and White in the 2001 cup run? skating to the right of Brodeur, makes a huge cut left, stevens and white collide with Brodeur and Joe snipes the left side of the net...Holy Crap. That was one of the best moves i've ever seen. He is just a joy to watch. He stickhandles and skates with the best of them. And his shot? *laughs* Yeah hes got an ok wrister.

Hurray for Joe Sakic.

Old
01-06-2004, 03:49 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
He's from BC

Oh, yeah, and he tooled the US at Salt Lake.

Old
01-06-2004, 11:27 AM
CanadaAvalanche

What can I say? He is unbelieveable and my favorite player on the team.

He helps out the communtiy greatly and asks for no recognition. He is one of the hardest working players on the team and possibly has the quickest release in the game. He is a silent leader and lets his play do the talking. Sakic is the heart and soul of the Avs and has been an absolute joy to watch. I could keep going on and on, but I'll just sum it up and say Joe Sakic is an amazing player.

Old
01-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Gumballhead

Anyone who has ever read an article about Joe growing up has to at least respect the guy. He's just a tremendous person as well as hockey player, and the Nordiques/Avs franchise has been lucky to have him. He's our Yzerman, very few teams have one of those.

Old
01-06-2004, 12:48 PM
djavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
Anyone who has ever read an article about Joe growing up has to at least respect the guy. He's just a tremendous person as well as hockey player, and the Nordiques/Avs franchise has been lucky to have him. He's our Yzerman, very few teams have one of those.

Thank You, for all of your responses...

I agree with them all... He's a good leader...

Old
01-06-2004, 01:25 PM
nathan

He never backed down from Stevens in the finals. Remember the check that laid out Stevens in game 7? Crowd was going nuts after that hit laid by Sakic. May have been a borderline charge though....but who's counting

Closed Thread