HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Per Agent, Devils To Re-Sign Andrei Loktionov On A 1 Year Deal

Old
06-12-2013, 08:26 AM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Loktionov would be so much better suited as a winger. I have no idea why he thinks he can't do it. It's the same game, just with less responsibility.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:39 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Loktionov would be so much better suited as a winger. I have no idea why he thinks he can't do it. It's the same game, just with less responsibility.
Not sure he is suited for digging pucks out of corners, not sure he is not either...

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:58 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Not sure he is suited for digging pucks out of corners, not sure he is not either...
I mean, that's something centers do a lot of too. The kid is very strong on the puck, especially for his size. The faceoff thing is just a huge issue.

Old
06-12-2013, 09:14 AM
CerebralGenesis

I thought he looked pretty good at times when he was along the wall last year and fighting for pucks out of scrums. It is hard to say if he'd be consistently good at that though considering he doesn't want to not play C while lose every 2/3 draws.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:50 AM
tsipka

There isnt much to compare right now between Lokti and Henrique. This season should give a good look at both of their games. Assuming both stay healthy, it should be a very exciting season in terms of the progress that these guys will make. If they manage to put up 80+ points combined I would say the devils will be in good shape.

tsipka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:54 AM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
I would expect about 40 points from Lokti if he plays 70-82 games.
Sounds a little low to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsipka View Post
There isnt much to compare right now between Lokti and Henrique. This season should give a good look at both of their games. Assuming both stay healthy, it should be a very exciting season in terms of the progress that these guys will make. If they manage to put up 80+ points combined I would say the devils will be in good shape.
Real low. Henrique putup 50 in 70 games as a rook. Took a step back offensively this year. But for me to say we are in good shape I think we would need Henrique to build off his rookie year. so 50+ for him alone And as I said 40 sounds a little low for lokti.

100 combined from these guys.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:57 AM
apice3*

Most players regress in their sophomore season. That, plus the fact that Loktionov played a small samples size in a whacky season, I'm expecting a 30-35 point season and would be thrilled with anything more. Same applies to Henrique at the 45-50 point mark.

Expecting Loktionov to go 40+ and Henrique to go 60+ isn't realistic. Just an over-projection, really. A few years ago, people were expecting 80+ points out of Josefson + Tedenby.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:58 AM
apice3*

That's not to say they CAN'T do it, but to expect it is just asking for disappointment.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
100 points combined?

not a chance.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:08 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post

100 combined from these guys.
yeah and lets win the Presidents Trophy while were at it

KaossKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:19 AM
devilsblood

Quote:
That's not to say they CAN'T do it, but to expect it is just asking for disappointment.
well 100 combined was my "devils will be in good shape" prediction. My admittedly optimistic prediction.

I think 50 would be par for Henrique. Less then that is dissapointing imo.

Maybe 40 as a bar is too high for Lokti, but I really like the offensive accumen of Lokti. Think he contributed much more offensively then his stat line suggests. Think he can far exceed those per game averages.

But 80 total from these guys definitly does not have me feeling great about our prospects.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:24 AM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
100 points combined?

not a chance.
No chance of 60 and 40?

Henrique put up 50 as a rook and Lokti was on a 35 pace this year.

100 is optimistic, but also very realistic.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:26 AM
apice3*

100 is probably the absolute peak of what both players can combine for this year. Expecting isn't realistic.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I would say to expect about 80.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:36 AM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
I would say to expect about 80.
I agree, 100 is definitely pushing it. Very optimistic and I'm not expecting it.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:50 AM
devilsblood

Here's my problem with 80.

Henrique has already topped 50 while playing a couple games under 80. And Lokti was on a 35 pace this year. I know it's only a pace, but he also played better then that stat line, certainly the assists.

And both guys enter the year as 23 yr olds, Henrique turns 24 midseason, Lokti around the end of the year. So they are in those offensive prime years. And I have to imagine both guys will be counted on to contribute offensively and thus will be put in positions that will allow them to do so.

I mean if we aren't expecting 2 of our precious few young offensive players to grow their games then where do we expect any offense to come from this year?

Old
06-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:

Henrique has already topped 50 while playing a couple games under 80. And Lokti was on a 35 pace this year. I know it's only a pace, but he also played better then that stat line, certainly the assists.

And both guys enter the year as 23 yr olds, Henrique turns 24 midseason, Lokti around the end of the year. So they are in those offensive prime years. And I have to imagine both guys will be counted on to contribute offensively and thus will be put in positions that will allow them to do so.

I mean if we aren't expecting 2 of our precious few young offensive players to grow their games then where do we expect any offense to come from this year?
Henrique topped 50 playing with Kovalchuk and Parise mostly.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:57 AM
apice3*

Quote:

Loktionov played 28 games. There is no pace. If he played 60 games, fine. But he played like 30% of a season and most of his point production came early on. To expect him to not only keep up that pace over 82 games, but to even build upon it shouldn't happen. You can hope for it, but setting that as a goal is almost a sure fire way of seeing a player fail to reach that goal.

Henrique is a little different. He went through the bumps of a rookie and sophomore season so this season he should be very comfortable in the league. I would personally be satisfied if he matched his rookie totals after getting back on track following a meh 2nd season, and then made a bigger jump to 60-65+ points in his 4th season.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:59 AM
apice3*

And as ZBC said, he was playing with stars in his rookie season. So matching his rookie totals while being the focal point of a line would be him taking the next step in his career even though it's not as sexy on a stat sheet.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:10 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
Henrique topped 50 playing with Kovalchuk and Parise mostly.
Who do we expect him to play with this year?

Quote:
Loktionov played 28 games. There is no pace. If he played 60 games, fine. But he played like 30% of a season and most of his point production came early on. To expect him to not only keep up that pace over 82 games, but to even build upon it shouldn't happen. You can hope for it, but setting that as a goal is almost a sure fire way of seeing a player fail to reach that goal.

Henrique is a little different. He went through the bumps of a rookie and sophomore season so this season he should be very comfortable in the league. I would personally be satisfied if he matched his rookie totals after getting back on track following a meh 2nd season, and then made a bigger jump to 60-65+ points in his 4th season.

Same goes for Lokti, sure his points came early, but it was with the dreaded 3rd liners who have ruined Tedenby. Lokti will be playing with better offensive players this upcoming year. And while the 24 goal pace(for arguments sake) he was on is high, the 12 assist pace was well below how well he played. I'm not a betting man, but I'd bet big $$$ that he will have more then 12 assists next year.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:14 PM
apice3*

I would too. I think 10g-25a is plausible.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:47 PM
devilsblood

Funny early career Lokti stats, 87 nhl games played, 15 goals, 11 assists.

Guy has been more of a goal scorer in the NHL.

His AHL stats are a more typical 1 goal to every 3 assists ratio.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:28 PM
tsipka

We will most likely be in a good place if Henr and Lokti can combine for at least 80 points. That means that we will most likely get 80 from Kovy, 70 from Patty and hopefully at least 50 from Zajac. Those numbers are certainly attainable from these players and already will be upgrades from last year.

tsipka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:31 PM
SteveCangialosi123

To compare Lokti to Henrique is foolish, I agree. To say Lotki's bad defensively is also foolish. He did nothing to warrant that.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
To compare Lokti to Henrique is foolish, I agree. To say Lotki's bad defensively is also foolish. He did nothing to warrant that.
It's actually foolish to believe otherwise. Loktionov and Henrique are both the same age and played on the same OHL team. Loktionov has a better PPG rate than Henrique in not only the OHL but also the AHL. Loktionov also outplayed Henrique in his first season and that can be evidenced not only by stats and watching them play but Deboer replacing Loktionov over Henrique as the center for Kovalchuk.

What is the difference between Henrique and Loktionov? Henrique was drafted by a team that lacked center depth and Loktionov was drafted by the deepest team in the NHL in center depth.

To think both won't be similar in point production throughout their career is a pretty radical statement and I wouldn't bet on it.

Balance is offline   Reply With Quote