HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Letang to Tampa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2013, 08:10 PM
  #1
shotsavereboundSCORE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country:
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Letang to Tampa

To TB:

Letang

To PIT:

#3 overall
Andrey Vasilevskiy

shotsavereboundSCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:11 PM
  #2
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,947
vCash: 500
Tampa needs a more two-way D-man than a strict PP QB.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:14 PM
  #3
2 Weekes Notice
Registered User
 
2 Weekes Notice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Non-traditional Land
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quite a price for a rental. Pass from Tampa

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:25 PM
  #4
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Tampa needs a more two-way D-man than a strict PP QB.
Do you know who Letang even is? A strict PP QB is the last thing I'd call him. In fact, he isn't very good on the PP anyway. But here's his defensive stats in 35 games:

45 hits
59 blocked shots
2:12 SH TOI/G

Last year, he had in 51 games:

83 hits
86 blocked shots
1:39 SH TOI/G

The year before (his first year as a #1), he had in 82 games:

167 hits
106 blocked shots
2:06 SH TOI/G

Point is, he isn't this 1-dimensional OFD that HF boards paints him as.

On the original deal, change it to Connolly and the 3rd and I'm all for it.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:27 PM
  #5
sayheykid
Registered User
 
sayheykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,197
vCash: 500
Lightning fan, not a chance.

sayheykid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:28 PM
  #6
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
Do you know who Letang even is? A strict PP QB is the last thing I'd call him. In fact, he isn't very good on the PP anyway. But here's his defensive stats in 35 games:

45 hits
59 blocked shots
2:12 SH TOI/G

Last year, he had in 51 games:

83 hits
86 blocked shots
1:39 SH TOI/G

The year before (his first year as a #1), he had in 82 games:

167 hits
106 blocked shots
2:06 SH TOI/G

Point is, he isn't this 1-dimensional OFD that HF boards paints him as.

On the original deal, change it to Connolly and the 3rd and I'm all for it.
He's not one dimensional, but he certainly isn't a Defensive stud either.


He's pretty average in his own zone. Similar to Karlsson.



AND, for 1 year of him this is a bad deal for the Lightning. A Signed Letang is closer but even then a 1 for 1 swap is fair.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:28 PM
  #7
shotsavereboundSCORE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country:
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
[...]

On the original deal, change it to Connolly and the 3rd and I'm all for it.
I was actually originally thinking Connolly, but then I thought that TB would be unwilling to part with him if they weren't going to get Drouin. Plus, TB has invested in two young goalies already.

shotsavereboundSCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:29 PM
  #8
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
Do you know who Letang even is? A strict PP QB is the last thing I'd call him. In fact, he isn't very good on the PP anyway. But here's his defensive stats in 35 games:

45 hits
59 blocked shots
2:12 SH TOI/G

Last year, he had in 51 games:

83 hits
86 blocked shots
1:39 SH TOI/G

The year before (his first year as a #1), he had in 82 games:

167 hits
106 blocked shots
2:06 SH TOI/G

Point is, he isn't this 1-dimensional OFD that HF boards paints him as.

On the original deal, change it to Connolly and the 3rd and I'm all for it.
He's still not the defensive presence Tampa would ideally acquire (ie. the player they would trade the #3 pick and their top prospect at their weakest position). I'm sure they would love to have him, but as was said, the 3rd overall pick and another top prospect is a steep price for a rental

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:30 PM
  #9
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING
 
BLASPHEMOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Tampa says no unless they're dumb. Letang is a great puck mover, but this playoff showed once more that his defensive game and decision making needs serious work. I wouldn't take him for the 3rd pick, let alone adding a top goaltending prospect.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:32 PM
  #10
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Tampa declines

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:32 PM
  #11
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
How about this, would you accept it if Yzerman agreed to an extension with Letang before the deal?

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:38 PM
  #12
sayheykid
Registered User
 
sayheykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
How about this, would you accept it if Yzerman agreed to an extension with Letang before the deal?
I may be a bigger Vasilevski fan than most as evidenced by my avatar, but the fact remains he is the first or second best goalie prospect in the world depending on your opinion. We're giving up two cheap premium prospects for a likely pricey, talented but frustratingly inconsistent blueliner. It addresses a need for Tampa, but at a painful cost. At this point, I'd rather have Vasilevski and the third.

sayheykid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:39 PM
  #13
shotsavereboundSCORE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country:
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
How about this, would you accept it if Yzerman agreed to an extension with Letang before the deal?
yeah that was basically the idea. if steve yzerman offers letang 7.5 mil and he gets to play with stamkos I think hell sign

shotsavereboundSCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:40 PM
  #14
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: bay area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 500
I would do it if Letang asked for way too much $$$.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:41 PM
  #15
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
How about this, would you accept it if Yzerman agreed to an extension with Letang before the deal?
Closer, but it still is lopsided for PIT.


1 for 1 is close. But Vasilevski/Connolly are both significant prospects that put it over the top for TBL.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:45 PM
  #16
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Closer, but it still is lopsided for PIT.


1 for 1 is close. But Vasilevski/Connolly are both significant prospects that put it over the top for TBL.
3rd overall for a proven #1 dman is close? I'm pretty sure GM's don't think like that, and I hope Shero isn't that dumb. It would take 3rd overall plus Vasilievski+Connolly for Letang, and the only way he is moved is if he asks for to much money

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:45 PM
  #17
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotsavereboundSCORE View Post
yeah that was basically the idea. if steve yzerman offers letang 7.5 mil and he gets to play with stamkos I think hell sign
Anyone that gives Letang 7.5 million a season is insane. I really think Letang is going to get over paid as a free agent by a lot.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:52 PM
  #18
sayheykid
Registered User
 
sayheykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
It would take 3rd overall plus Vasilievski+Connolly for Letang
If you honestly think you'd get that kind of return for Letang, good luck to you.

sayheykid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:54 PM
  #19
mr sidney crosby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
So apparently to all of you letang would only fetch a 1st round pick, and a below average prospect. Good luck with that.

mr sidney crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:55 PM
  #20
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheykid View Post
I may be a bigger Vasilevski fan than most as evidenced by my avatar, but the fact remains he is the first or second best goalie prospect in the world depending on your opinion. We're giving up two cheap premium prospects for a likely pricey, talented but frustratingly inconsistent blueliner. It addresses a need for Tampa, but at a painful cost. At this point, I'd rather have Vasilevski and the third.
What about if it was Connolly instead? Or would you feel more comfortable giving up a prospect like Namestnikov or Panik?

For a signed Letang, I would do either Connolly and the 3rd or Panik/Namestnikov, Barberio and the 3rd. I probably wouldn't go lower.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:55 PM
  #21
BigDaddyLurch
Su-Su-SuperFriends
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Exiled from Reality
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Anyone that gives Letang 7.5 million a season is insane. I really think Letang is going to get over paid as a free agent by a lot.
Massively...couldn't happen to a nicer team...

BigDaddyLurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:56 PM
  #22
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
3rd overall for a proven #1 dman is close? I'm pretty sure GM's don't think like that, and I hope Shero isn't that dumb. It would take 3rd overall plus Vasilievski+Connolly for Letang, and the only way he is moved is if he asks for to much money
If that's the price, then close the thread now. Yzerman will never pay that much.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:56 PM
  #23
Hennessey1981
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
How about Orpik. Great 3-4 D with veteran experience

Hennessey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:57 PM
  #24
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,937
vCash: 50
Pass easily.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:09 PM
  #25
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yzerman View Post
If that's the price, then close the thread now. Yzerman will never pay that much.
which is why neither team does this

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.