HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston or Chicago

View Poll Results: Boston or Chicago
Boston Bruins 44 27.16%
Chicago Blackhawks 118 72.84%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-12-2013, 11:06 AM
nsleaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
Chicago is kind of like us in the sense that they have all their best on the wings and one good center(Kadri). They have a lot of speed as well.
Yes except for that Chicago being a much better team part.

nsleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:07 AM
nsleaf

Want to see the Hawks win but I think Boston takes it.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:11 AM
nsleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
Chicago. Second fave team. Love Toews. And love the city. Chicago is the American Toronto.

Chicago is boring as well?

Old
06-12-2013, 11:33 AM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
You guys are all sore losers. B's deserve to be where they are. Go Boston.
maybe remove the "sore" part? And yes...nobody in the Eastern Conference deserves to be in the Cup final more than the Boston Bruins. Their humiliation of the perceived best team, the Penguins, is proof enough for me.

Bruins in 6.

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
I'm rooting for an exciting series. Though I'll try to remain unbiased throughout the series...if there was a Game 7 OT, I'd probably become the greatest Chicago bandwagon fan ever.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:01 PM
CanadianLov3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsleaf View Post
Haha Toronto is not boring, come on. Chicago is 5x more fun though, night life is much better.

I am rooting for Chicago since it is my second home brother lives there with his family, he's a die hard Chicago fan (grew up there) I have a lot of family living there as well (cousins, aunts, uncles and my grandmother) I've actually been to more chi games then Leafs since the tix are free whenever I go during the season (courtsey of my brother) . I have so much fond memories, I wish I can live there! It will be sweet if they do win because Boston kicked out TO and CHI being my fav team out west, moral victory I guess!

Chicago in six, but a little worried with coach Q putting two Pests in the game tonight :s think they'll lose game 1

CanadianLov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
Chicago. Second fave team. Love Toews. And love the city. Chicago is the American Toronto.
Not to go too off-topic, in what way d'you think it's the 'American Toronto'? I'm just interested 'cause I've never heard the comparison before and I've never been to Chicago.

Kyle Doobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:47 PM
HFX902

dem Blackhawks yo

HFX902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 06:07 PM
The_Chosen_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
Not to go too off-topic, in what way d'you think it's the 'American Toronto'? I'm just interested 'cause I've never heard the comparison before and I've never been to Chicago.
Their urban form is similar, I guess. Both are essentially rust-belt cities. However, Chicago doesn't have a large South Asian population ( particularly Gujaratis, Punjabis, Tamils), but the "white" population in both cities are quite similar ( being largely non-Anglo).

Hmm...they don't seem that similar to me outside of being part of the Great Lakes region.

The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 06:38 PM
bobbyz04

I voted for the Bruins. They played a ton of games down the stretch, because of a snow storm and terrorism. Both out of their control. The Leafs ALMOST capitalized on it, but they choked. Since the Bruins have had rest they have been the best team in the playoffs. They will beat Chicago.

bobbyz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 06:46 PM
leach11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One View Post
Their urban form is similar, I guess. Both are essentially rust-belt cities. However, Chicago doesn't have a large South Asian population ( particularly Gujaratis, Punjabis, Tamils), but the "white" population in both cities are quite similar ( being largely non-Anglo).

Hmm...they don't seem that similar to me outside of being part of the Great Lakes region.
Both cities are also fairly similar in population size. Chicago's urban and metro populations are quite a bit larger, but the city population size of Chicago itself is almost identical to that of Toronto.

leach11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsleaf View Post
Any place can be boring if you're a boring person that lacks creativity and not knowing how to enjoy yourself no matter what you're doing.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote