HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Leafs/ Wild

Old
06-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Diatomic
Naz is a bad bad boy

vCash: 500
Where do I sign?

Diatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:34 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

You can remove Brodziak and I'd still do this deal.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:37 PM
danishh

vCash: 50
cuma's waiver exemption is up and i have a feeling he's going to spend next season playing waiver tag.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:03 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

I'd do it. Done.

EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
I'd just like to take this moment to reiterate how right I was when I wanted the Wild to trade for Franson during last year's off-season when his value wasn't quite as high. Dude was great this year. Not saying he would've done as good with the Wild (in all likelihood he wouldn't have) but it would've given us two solid D pairings instead of just one assuming we played Franson with Suter and Brodin would've been a better partner for Gilbert than Stoner/Falk.

As for the proposal, not that interested in giving up a center, even if we're getting one in return, but what else would the Wild have to give up other than Clutter's rights to get Liles? Given the majority of the responses by Leaf fans in this thread (and other threads as well) I would imagine it would've take a ton.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
I'd just like to take this moment to reiterate how right I was when I wanted the Wild to trade for Franson during last year's off-season when his value wasn't quite as high. Dude was great this year. Not saying he would've done as good with the Wild (in all likelihood he wouldn't have) but it would've given us two solid D pairings instead of just one assuming we played Franson with Suter and Brodin would've been a better partner for Gilbert than Stoner/Falk.

As for the proposal, not that interested in giving up a center, even if we're getting one in return, but what else would the Wild have to give up other than Clutter's rights to get Liles? Given the majority of the responses by Leaf fans in this thread (and other threads as well) I would imagine it would've take a ton.
You can still have Franson at the right price.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:33 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:

To be fair, Colborne is a center (whether you see him as a viable NHL option or not is up to you). Swapping out Brodziak for Colborne would leave the Wild with enough options up the middle I would think, Koivu/Granlund/Colborne/Mitchell/Konopka/Phillips plus the rights to Cullen. The part I was more concerned about was whether or not Liles is the right fit with their D core or if they would be looking for more of a physical/ defensive guy to round out the top 4 with Suter, Brodin, Gilbert.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
To be fair, Colborne is a center (whether you see him as a viable NHL option or not is up to you). Swapping out Brodziak for Colborne would leave the Wild with enough options up the middle I would think, Koivu/Granlund/Colborne/Mitchell/Konopka/Phillips plus the rights to Cullen. The part I was more concerned about was whether or not Liles is the right fit with their D core or if they would be looking for more of a physical/ defensive guy to round out the top 4 with Suter, Brodin, Gilbert.
Well to be honest I'd rather split up Suter and Brodin to spread out the talent if we can get a big solid RH top 4 d-man but I don't see it happening since we already gave up so damn many assets just to get Pominville. The only way I see Suter and Brodin ever getting split up is if Dumba develops into a great player.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:44 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
I don't know how you can give up on Colborne so easily, especially with the potential upside. I know that he's been developing slowly, but there's still a good chance he becomes a 2nd line centre when he finally fills out. We have a tonne of physical bottom six players in the system, no reason to give up our best centre prospect for a 3rd line player.
How much of Clutterbuck have you actually watched

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:49 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:

If you don't throwing in a pick great. Personally though I love Clutterbuck so if you are offering Clutterbuck for Liles i'm good Rielly is almost ready.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:31 AM
SphinX
YouWantSome?

Went to RC and watched Marlies against Abbotsford Heat around easter...
Colborne was probably the slowest player on the ice... Like seriously.. SLOW!

We need speed...

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:20 AM
OLUSAF

I am on board with Jml straight up for Clutterbuck from a Leafs POV... Great way to replace Komorov

Also I think Liles would do well in Minny as 3/4 option. If he were a ufa and a team signed him to a 3yr/3.875 deal I don't think it would be considered a bad/risky signing.

OLUSAF is online now   Reply With Quote