HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Stanley Cup Final: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (4) Boston Bruins Part II

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 03:22 AM
CertainAffinity*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Larouche View Post
Shaw is a cheap shot artist and a diver.
He and Marchand would be such good friends. They have so much in common to talk about.

Old
06-13-2013, 03:26 AM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

vCash: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireworks View Post
I agree with what you're saying. I understand some Bruin fans were making silly comments. Just as I'm sure you can agree some Hawk fans have made silly comments. The point is yes...as a Bruins fan I'm confident in the Bruins. Part of it was how good we played against the Penguins. I really thought that the Pens vs B's would go 7 games. The Penguins have a great amount of offensive talent, but I thought we could dominate the defense & goaltending aspect.

The Hawks are a complete team much like the Bruins. They have alot in common, which I believe was quite obvious in tonights game.

It will be a long series and my point was that its just 1 game and it went to triple OT. I think its pretty obvious that either team could have won that game. The Hawks are going to be tough and it would have been really to have won game 1 in Chicago.

Cheers...Good luck

Go Bruins Go!
Agreed. Good luck to you as well.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:01 AM
Roland of Gilead
The Gunslinger

vCash: 580
Lucky win by Hawks, but you need some luck to win games at this level.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:02 AM
CertainAffinity*

Holy mother of crap. The Corsi numbers for that game were not anywhere near as close as I thought they would be.

http://timeonice.com/shots1213.php?gamenumber=30411

Granted, Corsi doesn't show everything. I think as far as legitimately threatening scoring changes, Boston had more than Chicago (lets say 30 to 20). But those numbers show A LOT of puck possession and control of the play from Chicago. Lop-sided.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:18 AM
GrimlockAutobot

Nice win by my Hawks but it's just one game. Anything can and will happen in the NHL playoffs and most definitely will in this series.

Let's rest up and take it one game at a time. The focus is now on Saturdays game.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:19 AM
nhsportsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainAffinity View Post
Holy mother of crap. The Corsi numbers for that game were not anywhere near as close as I thought they would be.

http://timeonice.com/shots1213.php?gamenumber=30411

Granted, Corsi doesn't show everything. I think as far as legitimately threatening scoring changes, Boston had more than Chicago (lets say 30 to 20). But those numbers show A LOT of puck possession and control of the play from Chicago. Lop-sided.
It seems that Corsi is garbage. Chara/Lucic two of the biggest minuses on Boston, so what? Since the eyeball test completely disagrees with the stats, then the stats are useless. Who values these corsi numbers anyway?

Old
06-13-2013, 04:39 AM
CertainAffinity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsfan View Post
It seems that Corsi is garbage. Chara/Lucic two of the biggest minuses on Boston, so what? Since the eyeball test completely disagrees with the stats, then the stats are useless. Who values these corsi numbers anyway?
It's an interesting quantitative breakdown of the action on the ice. The numbers aren't pulled out of thin air, they track ice-time, shots taken against the team when a player is on the ice vs shots taken against the other team, etc.

Somebody is actually watching the game, with their eyeballs, and counting all the pertinent statistical events as the occur while each player is on the ice.

It's not the only stat worth looking at, but it definitely paints a picture of which team had more possession and was controlling the play.

It just happens that it can't account for the specific threat-level of every chance. So while we can say that Boston had better chances, they actually were chasing the puck a lot more often than it actually felt like.

So statistical analysis breaks through the subjective fog of perception to provide objective insight.

Old
06-13-2013, 05:04 AM
danishh

vCash: 50
and now you all see why k-daug will be playing for dinamo riga next year.

Old
06-13-2013, 05:09 AM
idiroft

After watching Game 1 I don't think the Hawks will even smell a win in Boston, so it's up to them to keep the home ice advantage.

I predict Boston in 6.

Old
06-13-2013, 05:13 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Well, I was going to watch last night but I decided not to. Would've started at 1am and gone to bed at 6am

Fantastic comeback from the Hawks though.

Old
06-13-2013, 05:43 AM
fate

didn't catch the game but holy cow those highlights no idea how boston didn't score. tough loss

Old
06-13-2013, 05:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

at least we won't get sweept

Old
06-13-2013, 05:49 AM
Uno Bench
Swedish citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
It wasn't about the confidence. Look at it from our side of things. I saw posts saying because they shut down Crosby and Malkin that the same thing would happen to Kane and Toews. That's not how it works, that'd be the equivalent of Hawks fans saying we were successful against Quick who is generally regarded as a top 2 goalie so we shouldn't have a problem with Rask. I just saw a lot of Pittsburgh being mentioned when it came to this series. They have nothing to do with anything in this series. Every series is a different, teams are different. Being confident and saying the B's could beat the Hawks in however many games because your team just beat Pittsburgh (one of the best teams in the East) is fine, there's nothing wrong with that at all -- I'd do the same too if I was a B's fan.

Nobody is saying the Hawks are unbeatable, but none of us Hawks fans like it when you reference the Pittsburgh series to justify some of the things being said like why our offense would have a tough time scoring. I saw posts like that and it annoyed the hell out of me.

Same thing can be said about the Hawks.
Well, so far they have (shut down Kane and Toews). Zero points from them both and - in the +/- stats right now. Secondary scoring won this game for the Hawks.

Old
06-13-2013, 06:19 AM
ndgt10

Awful game by the Hawks but they still pulled out the W. That will probably be the worst game the Hawks play all series.

Old
06-13-2013, 06:39 AM
nekabyte

Booins can say they shut down whoever they like, fact of the matter is, they ate down 1-0 in the series. To me, Rask is the only difference maker on Bostons team, get on his head and smooth sailing. He was phenomenal in the Pittsburgh series, and was the difference maker there. Also love it that Booins fans are saying Hawks got lucky. Good game Chicago.

Old
06-13-2013, 06:44 AM
LukeD
On Fire

Man Julien is annoying. Seems like every time they don't win he's complaining about something.

Old
06-13-2013, 06:56 AM
Marotte Marauder

Corey Crawford took a rasp to the Bs.

Old
06-13-2013, 06:57 AM
Pi

I hate this. I slept when it was 3-1. DAMNIT.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:07 AM
Pi

If Julien knows Mr. Shaw is good at embellishing...then he must know how elite Mr. Marchand is at that game.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:16 AM
dspbathroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno Bench View Post
Well, so far they have (shut down Kane and Toews). Zero points from them both and - in the +/- stats right now. Secondary scoring won this game for the Hawks.
I wouldn't say they shut down Kane. He had some great looks but Rask made some excellent saves on him. I agree with you on Toews though.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:18 AM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsfan View Post
People who saw Moneyball and thought they could apply this to a sport like hockey. It's simply not gonna happen, too many different dynamics in hockey, it doesn't lend itself to statistical analysis anywhere near Baseball.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno Bench View Post
That was the point of his post. That it won't matter and the results won't be the same.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:26 AM
bucckevin

Hawks were lucky to win. Those crazy deflected goals? All those chances BOS had in the OTs? Please get rid of Dogcrap, or however you spell his name... Seriously you decide to do a fancy move instead of just simply tapping in the puck?

Old
06-13-2013, 07:27 AM
MrG
#BurgerTime

All I could think of while watching this game was how high of a level of hockey it was. Unbelievably fast, physical, and smart hockey from both teams.

That's NHL hockey.

Passed out in 2OT. I love the long OT games, but next time do it on a weekend!

Old
06-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

I hope more Bruins players go pick their glove up in the D zone when the opposition has the puck every game coming up

Closed Thread