HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 12:53 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoHabsGo View Post
Last time i was at bell centre, i paid 15 dollars for pizza, fries, and pop
Geoff Mol$on. It's business buddy. I know how you feel. I never bought anything at the Bell Centre (except the ticket, of course) and I don't expect to do it the next time I go there. If everybody was thinking the same way as I am right now, oh boy it would be a lot cheaper.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:58 AM
Rosso Scuderia

I don't know if we are just unlucky or our defense are not big/strong/fast enough to clear to crease or Price being weak mentally.. but watching the Blackhawks making great defensive plays and Crawford with key saves in OT was so satisfying.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:59 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
He is the embodiment of sore loser and seriously, is he trolling everyone with this embellishment stuff, given there have already been several videos pointing out his hypocrisy?

That was an amazing triple axle by Chara BTW.

Crawford was great. Was noticing people disparaging him during the game, before the OTs, but he's been very clutch even if he let's in a bad one from time to time. And as someone mentioned (as many have maybe), Rask, rarely has to make an amazing save one on one. He is overrated. Very good, but not as good as the Karlsson (oh don't worry, PK hasn't and won't dethrone him as media darling)-level admiration he's been getting lately. I don't remember one amazing or even high difficulty save he made in any of the 6 periods.
Hahahaha Rask overrated. I wish Price could play as good as Rask... Rask is a beast.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:03 AM
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoHabsGo View Post
Last time i was at bell centre, i paid 15 dollars for pizza, fries, and pop
That's actually not bad compared to the MTS center in Winnipeg. It was 8$ for a hot dog (Albiet a decent sized hot dog, but come on). Hot dog and pop came to 12$.

Quote:
I don't know if we are just unlucky or our defense are not big/strong/fast enough to clear to crease or Price being weak mentally.. but watching the Blackhawks making great defensive plays and Crawford with key saves in OT was so satisfying.
You're not alone.

Our defense tugs nuts. Price had an off year as well, but our defense was unbearable for large stretches of the season.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:17 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Give Rask his due. He is getting huge support from his D, but he is making the saves...almost all of them. He's taken his game to another level so far.
I don't find his saves that impressive. Very tempted to do the "If Price had that kind of support" arguing, but pretty tired after that game.

Against Pitt, Tor and to some extent NYR, he made some great saves, but I found nothing above average about him tonight and again, he NEVER gets hung out to dry. If he did, that temper would be unleashed like a fury unknown to man. And then he'd fall near the boards.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:21 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Hahahaha Rask overrated. I wish Price could play as good as Rask... Rask is a beast.
Well, you're supporting my point about the overrating, but that's just my opinion - as I said, he has been hot at times, but he doesn't strike fear in my heart by any means. Boston's combination of solid D, getting away with everything is what I envy. I'll take Price. Oh wait, we have him. (If only we could do a control experiment and swap them.)

Old
06-13-2013, 01:43 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
Horton went out in their last cup win, too.
Yep but this time they are facing the Hawks, not the Nucks..

Old
06-13-2013, 01:48 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I don't find his saves that impressive. Very tempted to do the "If Price had that kind of support" arguing, but pretty tired after that game.

Against Pitt, Tor and to some extent NYR, he made some great saves, but I found nothing above average about him tonight and again, he NEVER gets hung out to dry. If he did, that temper would be unleashed like a fury unknown to man. And then he'd fall near the boards.
This year we had nothing going for us (When we hit the wall, that is.)

We had 0 damn luck, we couldn't clear the crease or help the goalies and the goalies never really got to steal the game by himself(Personally, I rarely saw that, I think it doesn't exists... Point me to a game ?) Our team is pretty bad, this year was even worse than last year to me. I would've preferred to finish 8th We would pick around 16... We could draft an impact player

Old
06-13-2013, 02:19 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

From parts of the game I saw and the highlights, Hawks had lucky bounces and Crawford was amazing and kept them in the game. Boston had more scoring chances on Hawks relatively weaker defense. I still favor Bruins to win this. Their defense is at another level compared to Hawks'.

Old
06-13-2013, 05:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Not impressive 'cause he's always square to the shot. The same "not impressive" stats that Price was making before he starts moving all over the place in front of his net. As far as clearing the crease...sure. Yet, who here are always to part with what we have on D? To change the D, you need to actually....CHANGE THE D. The only D's that could be part of a new D are Emelin, Subban and Tinordi. That's it. Yet, nobody seems to be willing to involve Markov or Gorges on any trade or whatever talk...

Old
06-13-2013, 05:47 AM
habdynasty

Yes the bruin horseshoe has been shattered, way to go Hawks! Take this cup!

Old
06-13-2013, 05:48 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

One thing though....Claude Julien is a heck of a coach. A top in the league. But honestly....SHUT THE **** UP as far as diving and embellishing are concerned. Just shut up.....you don't need that. All great to want to get the refs attention but this is the playoffs we are talking about here. There's no need unless you, again, want to tarnish your talent as a coach, into being a ****ing whiner.

Old
06-13-2013, 06:12 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
One thing though....Claude Julien is a heck of a coach. A top in the league. But honestly....SHUT THE **** UP as far as diving and embellishing are concerned. Just shut up.....you don't need that. All great to want to get the refs attention but this is the playoffs we are talking about here. There's no need unless you, again, want to tarnish your talent as a coach, into being a ****ing whiner.
It shows a lack of respect for the players.

Biggest game of the year, biggest stage for the sport, and the first thing he thinks of doing is calling the guy who scored the over-time winner an embellisher.

Old
06-13-2013, 06:15 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Did he really whine about embellishment again? I missed the overtime goal -- went to bed at the start of the third OT -- and all the stuff that followed.

EDIT: Just heard it now. Wow...

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
06-13-2013, 06:19 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
Did he really whine about embellishment again? I missed the overtime goal -- went to bed at the start of the third OT -- and all the stuff that followed.
Yeah, called Shaw an embellisher. Surely referring to Chara's penalty.

Old
06-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
I'm guessing nobody has sat him down in his office to watch all of MAK's videos.

Old
06-13-2013, 06:53 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

If Price had the exact same D, the Bruins would not have made it out of the 1st round. "hung out to dry". Every goalie has experienced this. Lets not act like Price is some exception. You need to watch more hockey.

Old
06-13-2013, 06:55 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
yep....great coach but he's whiny *****.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:05 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
From parts of the game I saw and the highlights, Hawks had lucky bounces and Crawford was amazing and kept them in the game. Boston had more scoring chances on Hawks relatively weaker defense. I still favor Bruins to win this. Their defense is at another level compared to Hawks'.
actually, watched the whole game and Boston had the advantage in the first, mostly cause Hawks tried to play Boston style... once hawks started skating they had the advantage, had the puck more often than not and I'd guess (dont have numbers) they spent more time in the B zone than their own.

all 3 of OT were crazy, lots of open nets missed on both sides.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Bruins have been getting the lucky bounces all POs, was good to see it go the other way for once.
However this is the first time the Bruins are playing a team that is complete.
The hawks have a great mix of skill, grit, experience, size, aggression, speed, forwards, Dmen and goalie.
The teams they faced earlier were always at a disadvantage. Toronto, in my mind, don't make the POs over a full year. In any event, a lot of young players on that team, Bruins were sleeping versus them, no reason for them to have needed so many games to win this.
The rangers struggled all season, they had no offense. If it weren't for The King, it would have been over in 4.
The pens, well seriously, they need to fix their goalie issue. If they had our fanbase, Shero would have been hated on so badly after his comments. I was the first one to be surprised how bad the Bruins made the pens look but they also couldn't buy a break. Every bounce seem to go Boston's way in that series.

The Hawks are a physical team. They are so skilled up front that people forget how rugged they actually are. Their compete level is irreproachable as well. If they force Boston to cut their defense bench like yesterday, the Bruins are gonna be very tired. Especially if the Hawks get the lucky bounces.

But the Hawks weren't lucky to win. At some point I think they were out shooting the Bruins 26-10.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Cross checked to the head is embellishing ? Poor Julien!!!

Old
06-13-2013, 07:55 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Not impressive 'cause he's always square to the shot. The same "not impressive" stats that Price was making before he starts moving all over the place in front of his net. As far as clearing the crease...sure. Yet, who here are always to part with what we have on D? To change the D, you need to actually....CHANGE THE D. The only D's that could be part of a new D are Emelin, Subban and Tinordi. That's it. Yet, nobody seems to be willing to involve Markov or Gorges on any trade or whatever talk...
Great post...Could we include Beaulieu in the new D ?

Old
06-13-2013, 07:58 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
The only embellishing I saw all night, was when Chara did the fall himself to draw a penalty...Clod needs to stop whining, his team as we ALL know is the team that gives the USA diving team a run for it's money...

Old
06-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
They have different defense corps, Boston is built on stay at home d-men and always playing a "defense first" setup, Chicago has more puck movers and is smaller and more mobile like ours. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses, this year our forwards did better against Boston's defense than Boston did against our d-men, read into it what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Cross checked to the head is embellishing ? Poor Julien!!!
Are you stupid? It's written in the rule book that only Marchand is allow to do such things, any imposter should be punished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I think the aspect of the Hawks that flies under the radar is the D composition: Keith-Seabrooke-Leddy-Oduya-Rozsival-Hjalmarsson.....such a talented D core.

They're just a good and exciting team.
I have no problem putting our defense next to theirs. Amazing how much better a defense looks when the goalie makes a few big saves and doesn't give up softies. I saw a lot of great looks by Boston in that game and 3 went in but Crawford made 5-6 great saves to help them win, what Price only did one game vs Ottawa.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The Philadelphia Flyers decision to acquire the rights to defenseman Mark Streit hurts the Detroit Red Wings.
Streit was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, but will now probably be inked by the Flyers. The other would-be big name blueliner in this year's free agent market, Sergei Gonchar, has already been inked by the Dallas Stars after they acquired his rights from Ottawa. After those two, the pickings are slim for the Red Wings, who were looking to sign a top blueliner. Ryan Whitney, Marek Zidlicky, and Joe Corvo are among the best of what's left.

Closed Thread