HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jaromir Jagr Negotiating Return to KHL

Old
06-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

vCash: 500
Jags said he probably should get reacquainted with the bigger ice if he is to participate in the Sochi games. So, this makes sense.

I would never rule out a return to the NHL, though.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 04:22 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You might be right, but I don't believe I've ever heard it before in my life where a player was playing in the Stanley Cup finals and rumors were coming out that him/his agent were talking to other teams to get a new contract. I'm not saying it's never happened or that it couldn't have happened, I'm just saying I've never heard of it happening before. And why am I not surprised that when I finally did hear of it that (a) it was Jagr, and (b) people were rushing to absolve him of any blame. As always.
Thats because most players dont have other leagues as an option. I've worked in a sports agency and I promise, agents are always looking for leverage. You have to realize that his agent is the one who is most concerned with making money, Jagr is looking for a balance between money and what works for him destination wise. If Jagr signed a contract before the end of the playoffs that would be noteworthy, but the fact that someone got wind of the fact that his agent is currently doing his job is the only thing that distinguishes Jagr from every other NHLer.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 04:33 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Thats because most players dont have other leagues as an option. I've worked in a sports agency and I promise, agents are always looking for leverage. You have to realize that his agent is the one who is most concerned with making money, Jagr is looking for a balance between money and what works for him destination wise. If Jagr signed a contract before the end of the playoffs that would be noteworthy, but the fact that someone got wind of the fact that his agent is currently doing his job is the only thing that distinguishes Jagr from every other NHLer.
What NHL player doesn't have the KHL as "an option?"

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 04:37 PM
crabcz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You might be right, but I don't believe I've ever heard it before in my life where a player was playing in the Stanley Cup finals and rumors were coming out that him/his agent were talking to other teams to get a new contract. I'm not saying it's never happened or that it couldn't have happened, I'm just saying I've never heard of it happening before. And why am I not surprised that when I finally did hear of it that (a) it was Jagr, and (b) people were rushing to absolve him of any blame. As always.
Well, it's a standard in Czech media. These rumors are common in Czech sport. The transfer window opens few days after the potential game 7. His agent would be an idiot if he didn't act. Even before he came back to NHL there were rumors early in May that he may join Pittsburgh, Detroit, Montreal. The season in KHL is long over and it's obviously not seen as a bad practice to contact player's agent from other leagues during a season.

Even Datsyuk was rumored to be negotiating with Ak Bars to join them for the 2014-15 season in the beginning of this season. How about that? Noone was *****ing he didn't focus on Detroit. Noone was questioning him when he didn't return when he was supposed to at the beginning of this season.

crabcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Fleury3434

This is exactly why Pittsburgh people have a sore spot for Jagr right now...he left pittsburgh in the 90s cause he couldn't be in Mario's shadow (and because he was a addicted gambler and wanted more money). Last year same thing, o I wanna win a cup so I'm going to Philly (no you were going to Philly cause they offered you the most money...this year he signed with Dallas for the most money he could get...now off to the KHL for more $$$$$$$$$...jags aka jag$...don't hate him for it hell I would have done the same exact thing...still a jagoff

Fleury3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:00 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
What NHL player doesn't have the KHL as "an option?"
Its an option, but its not a realistic one for most. Not to mention, Jagr already said he might need to play next year in the KHL to adjust to the ice. I'm guessing he mentioned this to his agent before he mentioned it to the press, and a KHL team called. His agent isn't going to say, "we no talk contract, Jaromir in big game right now eend I must concentrate on his play." Agents field calls - literally EVERY call that comes their way will get at least some initial consideration. Just the way it is, and it's like that for good reason.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:20 PM
crabcz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Jags said he probably should get reacquainted with the bigger ice if he is to participate in the Sochi games. So, this makes sense.

I would never rule out a return to the NHL, though.
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-...ude-zajem.html

In this article (in czech) a journalist asked him about his interview for TSN and this exact statement. He refuted it. His words were taken out of context and he will be available if he is good enough no matter where he'll be.

crabcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:25 PM
ricky0034

why does anyone around here still believe overseas media reports about players signing with the KHL? Jagr very well might end up back in the KHL next year but there's so much stuff made up about that league it's ridiculous

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 06:07 PM
rss

BS. According to the czech news Lev Praha contacted Cervenka( went to Saint Petersburg) Elias, Zidlicky and Jagr. there is no negotiation between any of them and Lev right now. Jagr will be in the Nhl next year i bet my balls.

rss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 05:33 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
you realize that Jagr isn't the one negotiating with the KHL, right? that's what agents are for. I hope people on here are smart enough to realize that.
No one is negotiating with the KHL. They're negotiating with the club.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:05 AM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
you realize that Jagr isn't the one negotiating with the KHL, right? that's what agents are for. I hope people on here are smart enough to realize that.
You do realize he met with Bardin IN PERSON during the Rangers playoffs series.

But since you were at dinner with them, and saw that they only communicated through the agent, who must have been sitting there, because he's the agent and has to be there because he's talking to someone else and Jagr isn't a hands on type of guy or anything...

Good call. Glad we have smarties like you on here.

jw2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:07 AM
Stats01

Jagr loves the money lol, man he has moved around a lot since his Pittsburgh days. But honestly good for him it's a better situation for him, less games, bigger ice so probably less damage to his body during the regular season. Smart move IMO, plus he'd probably get a nice raise from what he got in Dallas/Boston this year.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by rss View Post
BS. According to the czech news Lev Praha contacted Cervenka( went to Saint Petersburg) Elias, Zidlicky and Jagr. there is no negotiation between any of them and Lev right now. Jagr will be in the Nhl next year i bet my balls.
That's a pretty hefty bet lol, you're a brave man haha

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Baby Punisher

I ope Jagr plays next year. he fits in very well with that Bruin team. I saw a stat that his Avg. playing time is 18-19 mins a game in the playoffs & he is produceing. That doesn't look like a guy who is washed up & can't keep up anymore.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:54 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Jagr wants money and that's where he will be making the most so it makes sense for him to go back

Love having him here but we need to keep Horton and not an old Jagr
Prague definitely isn't the right destination if that's what he wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
That's a pretty hefty bet lol, you're a brave man haha
Considering we're talking about ****** czech media, I would gladly join him in that regard.

Last edited by kudymen: 06-13-2013 at 05:02 PM.
kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 05:25 PM
DrDangles

Jags needs to call it a day and go play for Klando. He will always get money wherever he wants to play due to his name, but saying he's lost a step is an understatement.

DrDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 02:26 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

The guy works his ass off and trains more than any player in the league. But during his 3 days off between the Finals he talks to his agent a bit about next season. This of course means he's not dedicated or focused. Not like those good old NA players who certainly were living, eating, and breathing their preparation for the Finals during their 3 days off. I'm sure they weren't drinking or relaxing at all while Jagr had late night workouts and/or talked to his agent.

HF

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 02:29 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I think this is either 100% BS or it's just his agent starting a bidding war.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

I honestly have no problem with this if true. As long as he gives his all the rest of the finals he was a fantastic addition without giving up much at all.

No chance he re signs here, IMO

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 07:52 AM
TAnnala

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazembiggs View Post
Wouldn't be able to handle a full 82 game season with playoffs at this age. Might aswell go to the KHL and make one last big contract while he still can.
Just like Selanne couldn't?

TAnnala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 07:57 AM
TAnnala

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I am guessing this is true, he has trouble keeping up with the pace this year, seems tired and he wears down over the course of seasons the last couple years. Plus I am assuming he will get more money. Honestly I am pretty sure if Boston wins and you offered Jagr a million bucks for his day with the cup to be your day with the cup, he would be down with that.
Well, in all fairness if someone offers me a million bucks for my day with the cup I'll take the million bucks.

But, it doesn't really compare fairly, I am not rich.

I have a feeling that Jagr is playing in the KHL and Selanne calls it quits. Both deserve to leave and that would be a good way for both to leave the NHL.

TAnnala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 08:05 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
lol... he did this same thing with the Rangers, started negotiating during the playoffs.

It is Jagr, afterall.
He should be filling his retirement papers.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 09:34 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Not surprising, he did it once so nothing stopping him from doing it again. I would increase the likelihood of him going if the Bruins win the Cup.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

I don't see him re-signing with Boston, I would be shocked. We don't have the cap anyway, doubt he leaves the NHL though.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 10:11 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
The guy works his ass off and trains more than any player in the league. But during his 3 days off between the Finals he talks to his agent a bit about next season. This of course means he's not dedicated or focused. Not like those good old NA players who certainly were living, eating, and breathing their preparation for the Finals during their 3 days off. I'm sure they weren't drinking or relaxing at all while Jagr had late night workouts and/or talked to his agent.

HF
Nevermind the fact that, of course, Kostitsyn and Radulov were blasted by the media and fans alike for doing just that last year during the playoffs. Or that players like Kane and Byfuglien get questioned for their commitment to the game every off-season.

Nope, we're just unfairly singling out and piling on poor old Jagr, ever the innocent victim.

I can't think of anything else to chalk it up to but people's blind devotion to the players they idolized when they were growing up. I can't fathom why else there would be such a rush to Jagr's defense every time he gets a smidgen of criticism.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote