HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not impressive 'cause he's always square to the shot. The same "not impressive" stats that Price was making before he starts moving all over the place in front of his net. As far as clearing the crease...sure. Yet, who here are always to part with what we have on D? To change the D, you need to actually....CHANGE THE D. The only D's that could be part of a new D are Emelin, Subban and Tinordi. That's it. Yet, nobody seems to be willing to involve Markov or Gorges on any trade or whatever talk...
The defense was much improved this year, I think if you ask MT and MB they will tell you that it was a strength overall thanks to Markov coming back, Subban taking the "next step" and Diaz and Emelin progressing.

Nobody was complaining about the defenbse when Price was playing solid(first 2 months), then he starts to give up bad goals(long shots and bad angle) and suddenly the defense sucks. Losing Emelin did sort of expose the need for another big stay at home d-man, maybe a 1-2 year veteran until Tinordi can step into a top 4 or 5 role. I think replacing guys like Diaz with a Hal Gill type pilon would move the team backwards not forward. Markov did struggle at times, but he was solid at the end, I'm sure a normal season will help him with more days off and less cluttered schedule.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The Buffalo Sabres and Colorado Avalanche have talked about the top pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
""We have had conversations with Colorado… I think it’s how far they want to move back," Sabres director of amateur scouting Kevin Devin said. "And you take the situation in Colorado and where there’s a new regime in there with Joe Sakic and Patrick Roy. I don’t think Patrick came in there with the idea of a long rebuild. So I think they might be willing to listen to a few things." Roy did suggest that the Avalanche should be open to trading the top pick. Buffalo currently holds the eighth and 16th selections.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Won't get a spec of media attention. Nothing compared to Subban and Pacioretty staring at eachother. That deserves an entire segment.

Quote:
One thing though....Claude Julien is a heck of a coach. A top in the league. But honestly....SHUT THE **** UP as far as diving and embellishing are concerned. Just shut up.....you don't need that. All great to want to get the refs attention but this is the playoffs we are talking about here. There's no need unless you, again, want to tarnish your talent as a coach, into being a ****ing whiner.
I think at this point it's fairly obvious it's strategic and it achieves whatever their expectation are from whining.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 06-13-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old
06-13-2013, 08:18 AM
ScottFC

I have to give credit to both teams, that was some great hockey.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Did clod mention HIS guy, who pulled a Kovalev and copst them the game? Any words about chara diving? The imbalance of penalties in OT?

Thought not - he's the biggest whiner in the league.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:34 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The Philadelphia Flyers decision to acquire the rights to defenseman Mark Streit hurts the Detroit Red Wings.
Streit was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, but will now probably be inked by the Flyers. The other would-be big name blueliner in this year's free agent market, Sergei Gonchar, has already been inked by the Dallas Stars after they acquired his rights from Ottawa. After those two, the pickings are slim for the Red Wings, who were looking to sign a top blueliner. Ryan Whitney, Marek Zidlicky, and Joe Corvo are among the best of what's left.
The Wings appeared to get burned last year too as it seemed like they were really counting on landing Suter. Being aggressive isn't really in Holland's nature but I wonder if he'll have a choice this off-season.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
The Wings appeared to get burned last year too as it seemed like they were really counting on landing Suter. Being aggressive isn't really in Holland's nature but I wonder if he'll have a choice this off-season.
I wish they weren't in the same division as they would be a perfect trade partner for Markov/Desharnais/Bourque.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:42 AM
sheed36

Quote:
One thing though....Claude Julien is a heck of a coach. A top in the league. But honestly....SHUT THE **** UP as far as diving and embellishing are concerned. Just shut up.....you don't need that. All great to want to get the refs attention but this is the playoffs we are talking about here. There's no need unless you, again, want to tarnish your talent as a coach, into being a ****ing whiner.
Not surprising since whenever the Bruins lose Julien is seemingly whining about the opposition embellishing to get calls.. Does any other coaches in the NHL other than Claude Julien whine about this stuff?

Take a good look at your own team Claude before calling a player on the opposition out for embellishment. Any team with a POS like Brad Marchand on it shouldn't be whining about embellishing.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:42 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I wish they weren't in the same division as they would be a perfect trade partner for Markov/Desharnais/Bourque.
Well with the divisions expanding I think we're getting to the point where you can no longer say "we can't trade to Team X, they're in our division". You're talking about knocking 7 teams off the list of teams the Habs can trade to if you keep that stance.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Well with the divisions expanding I think we're getting to the point where you can no longer say "we can't trade to Team X, they're in our division". You're talking about knocking 7 teams off the list of teams the Habs can trade to if you keep that stance.
This alignment if FAR more significant when it comes to "we can't trade to Team X, they're in our division" as it directly impacts whether you make the playoffs or not. Top 4 of division make the playoffs and then face each other in the first 2 rounds. What happens in the rest of the conference is irrelevant at least until the final 4. It's a shame because the Wings have a lot of interesting long term assets/picks.

I think we'll see less of "we can't trade to Team X, they're in our conference" though.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:17 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

According to Corsi and Fenwick Montreal are a better team than Boston DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP...

I hope those who were saying that a couple years ago realize how ridiculous it was back then, and how even more ridiculous it is now.

Win or Loss, the way Boston played for the first 2 OT periods yesterday was downright impressive. They've got another speed on top of their regular game that we just can't watch whatsoever... Even Chicago looked helpless.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:29 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
This alignment if FAR more significant when it comes to "we can't trade to Team X, they're in our division" as it directly impacts whether you make the playoffs or not. Top 4 of division make the playoffs and then face each other in the first 2 rounds. What happens in the rest of the conference is irrelevant at least until the final 4. It's a shame because the Wings have a lot of interesting long term assets/picks.

I think we'll see less of "we can't trade to Team X, they're in our conference" though.
Hmm that's a fair point, but at what point do you draw the line? Would we really turn down a solid offer from the Wings for a lesser offer from the Avs (for example) just to get him out of the division? I don't know about that. I've always been in favor of maximizing your value regardless of where you're trading the player, but I'm no GM.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Did anyone else catch Julien's pregame speech on CBC last night? How uninspiring that was, he was stuttering his ass off and said absolutely nothing of substance. How is he a good coach again?

Old
06-13-2013, 09:34 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Also didn't see it mentioned:

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/345167802820354048

Quote:
NEWS ALERT: #Pens have agreed to terms with forward Evgeni Malkin on an eight-year $76 million contract extension: http://pens.pe/12pwjMb
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...t-twt-penguins

I didn't think they'd really trade him but the Pens seem to be going with a "stay the course" approach which is a little surprising given their flame-outs the last two years. $9.5m cap hit...

Old
06-13-2013, 09:51 AM
le_sean

Well, see you later Letang. Best to trade him now like they did Staal.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:52 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Won't get a spec of media attention. Nothing compared to Subban and Pacioretty staring at eachother. That deserves an entire segment.

I think at this point it's fairly obvious it's strategic and it achieves whatever their expectation are from whining.

Has Chara's dive been posted on the main board by Mak yet?

Old
06-13-2013, 09:53 AM
BLONG7

Quote:

I didn't think they'd really trade him but the Pens seem to be going with a "stay the course" approach which is a little surprising given their flame-outs the last two years. $9.5m cap hit...
I wonder how Crosby and his agent feel about this one?

Old
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I'm a bit surprised, was expecting more like a 10.5-11 mil cap hit. Malkin gave them a pretty good discount, plus some of the money is probably front loaded.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Feel about what? Crosby signed a 12 year deal and Malkin because of the new CBA cannot be signed longer then 8 years.

Also

Crosby will receive $95.4 million of that over the first nine years, including an annual salary of $12 million for three seasons starting in 2013-'14.

You think he cares?

Old
06-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I'm a bit surprised, was expecting more like a 10.5-11 mil cap hit. Malkin gave them a pretty good discount, plus some of the money is probably front loaded.
Exactly what I'm thinking. The max I believe is 12.8 per season and considering a guy like Getzlaf is getting 8.5 a cap hit of 9.5 for Malkin is not that bad at all

Old
06-13-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm sure they'll get Letang signed too...

Old
06-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm sure they'll get Letang signed too...
I think they move him to be honest. Shero can get great value for him and they're stacked on D prospects

Old
06-13-2013, 10:02 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Why exactly are we trading the only guy to crash the net during the playoffs ? He is also the size we are already lacking. How about switching him for our 5'7 captain ?

Old
06-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Crosby must be happy, having Malkin there with him is a good thing. In terms of the money Crosby got a bigger extension last year 12 years 104.4 mil, no reason to be angry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Can't see it, if you trade him then you have no catalyst to move the puck, I would move Martin, Fleury, Neal before moving Letang if I was them.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Andy

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=nhl:topheads

Video of Shaw mic'd up on the game winning goal.

"I LOVE YOU BOLLY....I LOVE SHIN PADS"

Lmao

Closed Thread