HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kris Letang

Old
06-12-2013, 07:42 PM
VC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardocAgain View Post
Considering UFAs Garrison got $6M, Carle got $6M, Gonchar just got $5M, and Mark Streit is asking for $5.5M.

Seems pretty darn logical Letang will get $7M. You can't just his contract against those signed before the new CBA.
It was only 4.6m but yes Letang will get a payday. 6m easy and there are teams outthere that would give him 7m.

VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 07:46 PM
BigBenSF*

I'd go up to $6.5M on Letang, but it gets rough after that.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:19 PM
MrBigglesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946* View Post
Okay, that was the issue then. I thought they were maxed out at a #3 or #4 D. What I meant by that would be a deal like:

Niskanen (#4 D, will probably stay around there), top-10 pick and a decent prospect for Letang

That's what I was trying to get at with my proposals. Then again, a D really isn't even required. I like the deal someone else brought up of Klefbom, the 7th pick and another for Letang.
Then I think we're on the same page, for the most part. Your #4 D + top 10 pick + decent prospect is where I tried to go with my above examples. I'd value Paajarvi + mid/low prospect as that of a #4 D, give or take by a pretty small amount.

Klefbom I'd say no to, other Oiler fans might not. Along with the #7, I'd probably do any 2 of... prospects not named Klefbom, anyone in the bottom 6 F, or any bottom 3 D.

MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:52 AM
superhenderson13

Sutter and Letang and Dallas 3rd

for

Eller, Beaulieu, Gallagher, 1st

probably get attacked by MTL fans for it, but I think this would be decent value. if not, would you take out Eller and Sutter and the 3rd and just do 1 for 2 players plus the pick?

superhenderson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 01:20 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
Based on this thread I feel like people are going to amazed at how little Letang is going to return in a trade.
Based on your lack of knowledge for the guys Shero has moved for much more, tells me you haven't done any research.

As someone pointed out, remember what Whitney and Goligoski returned? Whitney and Goligoski were much lesser defensemen than Letang, still are, and you some how expect him to bring back less?

I mean...jeez, really?

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 07:07 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Would be pretty unreal to have Letang and Karlsson on the same team.. however I don't think we really want to give up the assets on a defenseman like him when we have a glaring need on the wing.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 07:26 AM
mwalluk

How about Letang to Dallas for Erikkson, Morrow and a 1st.

mwalluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 07:44 AM
waitin425

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946* View Post
Just curious, but why would Letang get a worse return than Staal? I'm not saying that is a bad return at all, Klefbom is an excellent prospect and the 7th pick would be nice, but why would he get less than Staal?
I was merely replying to the oiler offer of 7th plus Garnet/Musil. I think it would have to be Klefbom plus 7th. That is a starting point only. I also think he is worth comparable to Staal. Although Staal was a third line centre in Pittsburgh, at the time of the trade he was regarded as a 1st liner on most other teams (leafs as an example). Staal was also regarded as one of the best two way centres in the game with the potential to explode offensively given better circumstances. In a League where top line centres is at a premium, Staal had tremendous value at the time of his trade. In the case of Letang, he is a Norris trophy candidate. Not doubting his value. The two are close in value IMO, if I had to put one in front of the other, it would be Letang, but not by much.

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
the hype around Staal was something else. Letang is not as good as player as Staal.

I just dont think he is going to garner the return ppl are mentioning on this thread, thats all.
you couldnt be more wrong

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:46 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
3 Beers 1 Cup

I think he'll be re-signed within a week now that Geno's signed without any major raise.

Like pretty sure.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Pitt is in dire need of forward prospects, their cupboard is bare in that department. I would bet they'd do the 2nd one depending on if they could get rid of Fleury.
If the pens trade letang they would be in dire need of a top pairing dman, not young wingers.

Pens have Crosby Bennett Neal and Malkin in their top 6 for the foreseeable future.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Ehh. I expect Letang to get about $7M/year.

The last thing Detroit needs to do with that terrible offer is add...

Staal wasn't signed but he might as well have been. Pretty clear to Carolina that he wanted to be there so you can give more knowing there's a lot less risk. Letang could walk as soon as his contract ends.
Letang would be great in DET, pens fan but watch quite a bit of their games, they have Dekeyser, they could afford to give up Smith and a Nyquist in a deal for Letang. They dont have a top 4 RH dman. Obviously hes not Lidstrom but he'd get the transition game to a great spot again.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
Letang would be great in DET, pens fan but watch quite a bit of their games, they have Dekeyser, they could afford to give up Smith and a Nyquist in a deal for Letang. They dont have a top 4 RH dman. Obviously hes not Lidstrom but he'd get the transition game to a great spot again.
Wings need forward prospects more than any D help. there is 0 chance Nyquist is leaving unless Malkin is involved. I dont know which game you watched but obviously your assessment of our team is terrible.

Besides, our transition game is ok as it is right now. and it will be great soon enough without outside help. I dont think it is red wings who need to worry about transition game but a team whose transition got completely shut down last week.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:29 AM
BrawlFan

Detroit wont need to pay for Letang. Give them another year and maybe a #4-5 Dman and they will be fine.

BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Lazea

Gardiner, Kulemin, and a 1st?

Lazea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post
Wings need forward prospects more than any D help. there is 0 chance Nyquist is leaving unless Malkin is involved. I dont know which game you watched but obviously your assessment of our team is terrible.

Besides, our transition game is ok as it is right now. and it will be great soon enough without outside help. I dont think it is red wings who need to worry about transition game but a team whose transition got completely shut down last week.
our team, your not apart of the team you clown

All i said is that DET could use one of the best transitional Dman in the league who is also a right show, which they dont have. But ya stick with Kyle Quincy all you want

Old
06-13-2013, 10:08 AM
LiffLaff
Crazy? Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazea View Post
Gardiner, Kulemin, and a 1st?
I acctually like this alot, but I would absolutly love it, if you could work Gunnarson in to the deal aswell.

If the Pens added Sutter, and you take out the 1st and add Gunnarson and Colborne instead?

Letang for Gardiner, Kulemin, Colborne
Sutter for Gunnarson

Last edited by LiffLaff: 06-13-2013 at 10:14 AM.
LiffLaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
I'd go up to $6.5M on Letang, but it gets rough after that.
Just curious.. Would you rather have Letang at $6.5 or Neal at his $5 million? I just cant see them keeping that many long term deals which could really strangle them going forward. While I fully expect them to sign Letang long term, I also feel its the end of James Neal in Pittsburgh.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
our team, your not apart of the team you clown

All i said is that DET could use one of the best transitional Dman in the league who is also a right show, which they dont have. But ya stick with Kyle Quincy all you want
why you sound so mad bro? Is it something I said?

again, your assessment of OUR team is terrible so please stop right there. But you are right that Letang maybe better than Quincey. If you insist you want to give Letang away for Quincey, I wouldn't oppose.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:25 AM
BigBenSF*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Just curious.. Would you rather have Letang at $6.5 or Neal at his $5 million? I just cant see them keeping that many long term deals which could really strangle them going forward. While I fully expect them to sign Letang long term, I also feel its the end of James Neal in Pittsburgh.
Letang at 6.5.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:35 AM
bigd

Letang holds all the cards. If he likes it in Pitt he will sign at a discount. If he doesn't then Shero will trade him like he did JS at the draft.

bigd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Letang at 6.5.
I agree. Playoff stumbles and all, he still has plenty of room to grow into an all around player. He just provides way to much, and like I said, with Bennett looking to break out, I see Neal moved within the next year, maybe even this summer. I can see Detroit or Ottawa jumping all over Neal. With the prospects each team has, Im sure a nice deal could be made.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Prattio

I hope they trade him if they're not gonna get a deal for around 7.

Prattio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
JimmyLangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiffLaff View Post
I acctually like this alot, but I would absolutly love it, if you could work Gunnarson in to the deal aswell.

If the Pens added Sutter, and you take out the 1st and add Gunnarson and Colborne instead?

Letang for Gardiner, Kulemin, Colborne
Sutter for Gunnarson
If the Leafs resign Bozak they have no need for Sutter

For it to make sense for the Leafs, they would probably be looking for Letang and Niskanen if they were to move Gunnarsson. I also don't see the Leafs moving Gardiner until they see what they have in him. I'd suggest the following is what they would consider;

Letang for 1st, Kulemin, Colborne
Niskanen for Gunnarsson

I would suspect this isn't the best offer the Penguins could receive for Letang though and probably should look elsehwhere

Phaneuf and Letang with a second pairing of Gardiner and Niskanen along with Franson and Fraser pulling up the rear. Fills Carlyle's want of RH/LH d-men pairings.

JimmyLangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Epic Neal Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalluk View Post
How about Letang to Dallas for Erikkson, Morrow and a 1st.
I'd do this. You'd get an All-Star winger on a very, very workable contract, an offensive defenseman prospect who we're all familiar with, and a top-10 pick. Where do I sign?

EDIT: This is assuming that Letang wants over 6.5 mil long term, which isn't worth it, IMO.

Epic Neal Time is offline   Reply With Quote